Stacking poorly executed every attempt.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tanker of Wars.2960

Tanker of Wars.2960

The whole point of having a zerg stack imo is to create as many poison puddles in one area at once and being able to easily cleanse them all at once, the problem is that you take a huge amount of damage.

In nearly EVERY attempt I’ve seen the zerg just sits on these puddles saying “Oh the turrets have to cleanse us, no need to move.” This is a terrible way to think, you can’t just rely on the turrets to be able to cleanse puddles within 1-3 seconds without having great coordination, probably meaning an organized guild with voice comm.

If the ENTIRE zerg dies then you are now missing out on massive dps, how about instead you move to an area where there are no puddles, then once you notice the area is cleansed move back. I’ve never once operated the turrets, but it annoys me every single attempt the zerg just sits in poison instead of actively reacting, then blames turrets for their deaths.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

It can be alleviated somewhat if people within the zerg chain condition cleansing AOEs like null field, well of power, and (in the future) purging flames. It might be easier this way too as every time the zerg abruptly changes direction, someone will get left behind, and you also risk confusing the turret users as to the precise location of things. The view is extremely messy at front, and the turret cleanser aoe is very small.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

My experience is poor since I’ve only been in Overflow, but when the poorly organized zerg is hit by poison, I slide over and keep DPSing. Half the zerg dies, then half of that stays dead and does nothing. The turrets never ever cleanse any poison clouds, and the zerg quickly disperses in the face of 15 poison clouds covering the whole area. 90% of players end up camping the turrets to avoid most of the poison. Tequatl finishes at 95%.

If I had a turret cleansing the poison off of me VERY fast, I might stay in the poison. But I instinctively move out of it as soon as possible. I’ll do a bit less DPS in the short term to make sure I survive the long term (which surviving means I end up doing more DPS).

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

Every time I have played I have gotten people who have no idea what they are doing on the turrets. I have seen the bone wall go up 3-4 times in one fight.

That’s just…horrific.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Epic Brownie.5843

Epic Brownie.5843

We’ve been creating a group of 10ish players that stick near the dps group to take out nearby fingers; it works well at keeping the number of poison circles down. And yeah, the DPS group can’t just sit in a puddle..

Epic
Dragonbrand

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

It can be alleviated somewhat if people within the zerg chain condition cleansing AOEs like null field, well of power, and (in the future) purging flames. It might be easier this way too as every time the zerg abruptly changes direction, someone will get left behind, and you also risk confusing the turret users as to the precise location of things. The view is extremely messy at front, and the turret cleanser aoe is very small.

Regular condition cleanse doesn’t help against the finger pools. That is a straight damage tick, not a condition.