Tequatl can be defeated...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: epoc.7941

epoc.7941

I don’t see the problem I mean, to say that we can’t do this because most people aren’t capable is ludicrous. Events like this help us get together for a single cause are awesome. It gives us a chance to show people who don’t know how to do these raid style bosses how to coordinate and communicate with others. This promotes server unity and creates a chance to meet new people and allow you to have an overall better gaming experience. I think this is a great thing it’s far better than stupid attack sponge bosses (for example shatter is the coolest most awesome lookin dragon in game but he’s like toddler difficulty.) In conclusion i say if you want easy attack sponge bosses go fight sb or wurm, but the dragons should be dragon difficulty. Oh my only complaint about this is the time limit….it takes time to gather 80 ppl especially in smaller servers.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

This is what we asked for.

I never asked for this.

I would like to second this sentiment.

1 +5’d it

You lot may not have specifically, but any player – or dev – reading through these forums doesn’t have to browse long until they see people spamming “Harder harder, oh give it to us harder!”. Erm, the content, I mean.

I support the change to Tequatl. Not beaten him. Might never beat him. Even as an achievement hunter I don’t care too much, but at least now he’s what he should have been all along. Tell you what, though – I’d love to see a 1v1 between Tequatl and Zhaitan. Based on fight difficulty, seems to me, Zhaitan should have been the lieutenant.

Back to my original point – harder content. I’d rather like to see an open world zone, the size of Labrynthine Cliffs. Inside is an “unbeatable boss”. A boss even the devs can’t beat. If a server manages to beat it – it should be buffed, the boss should “learn” from it’s beating and become stronger for it. Reward: a Legendary of your choice. If people want rock hard, give them excruciatingly, tear inducingly, buttock clenchingly, groin grabbingly rock hard, and give them suitable rewards for completing it. Why this suggestion? It would keep such encounters out of mainstream open world PvE, which I believe should remain a relaxing experience to play through. At the moment it seems like any general PvE-er in Sparkfly Fen is getting abuse for “taking up valuable space”, which is truly horrible.

in Tequatl Rising

epoc.7941

I never asked for this.

1 +5’d it

You lot may not have specifically, but any player – or dev – reading through these forums doesn’t have to browse long until they see people spamming “Harder harder, oh give it to us harder!”. Erm, the content, I mean.

I support the change to Tequatl. Not beaten him. Might never beat him. Even as an achievement hunter I don’t care too much, but at least now he’s what he should have been all along. Tell you what, though – I’d love to see a 1v1 between Tequatl and Zhaitan. Based on fight difficulty, seems to me, Zhaitan should have been the lieutenant.

Back to my original point – harder content. I’d rather like to see an open world zone, the size of Labrynthine Cliffs. Inside is an “unbeatable boss”. A boss even the devs can’t beat. If a server manages to beat it – it should be buffed, the boss should “learn” from it’s beating and become stronger for it. Reward: a Legendary of your choice. If people want rock hard, give them excruciatingly, tear inducingly, buttock clenchingly, groin grabbingly rock hard, and give them suitable rewards for completing it. Why this suggestion? It would keep such encounters out of mainstream open world PvE, which I believe should remain a relaxing experience to play through. At the moment it seems like any general PvE-er in Sparkfly Fen is getting abuse for “taking up valuable space”, which is truly horrible.

in Tequatl Rising

epoc.7941

I agree this is awesome that he’s so hard I think people have such a hard time with the new event is bc of how insanely easy it was before

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I never asked for this.

1 +5’d it

That’s my problem entirely. You don’t put “elite” content into a zone that everybody has access to, that requires raid style levels of coordination to successfully accomplish.

Not saying that it can’t be done, but just the other day in an interview (I think it was on Matt Visuals youtube) the devs said that they are okay with Champ trains, but are not okay with how it has become a “do it this way or gtfo” situation.

But then, they turn around and add an incredibly hard boss to open world content, on top of introducing new mechanics and new requirements for success, in an underleveled zone. You don’t get to pick and choose the skill level or gear level of these participants, which in turn, removes the availability of other players that could potentially be more beneficial to success.

The other thing that is a huge problem is how limited the amount of turrets are versus how useful they need to be. To give an example, what if only 6 people could use Charrzookas in the Claw of Jormag fight? Now, you have people camping for hours just to get one, and then upon getting one, can either choose to use it to benefit the group, or can just completely troll (or be poorly skilled) with it and hinder the success rate of the fight with it (this wouldn’t necessarily be the case with Jormag, but it would probably take longer than the new timer for it).

People should have to buy turrets if it remains open world, similar to WvW siege, that can be deployed for the fight and repaired from on site locations, and have people be kicked off of them. That way, at least organized players have a semblance of a chance to get at the tools necessary for the win.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

I never asked for this.

Then don’t do it. That’s simple as that. You have the other 99% of the game to do.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Every person fighting him needs a role. Using the cannon.

Please do tell us how we can get competent people commanding cannons.
I really want to know your method.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

I don’t see the problem I mean, to say that we can’t do this because most people aren’t capable is ludicrous. Events like this help us get together for a single cause are awesome. It gives us a chance to show people who don’t know how to do these raid style bosses how to coordinate and communicate with others. This promotes server unity and creates a chance to meet new people and allow you to have an overall better gaming experience. I think this is a great thing it’s far better than stupid attack sponge bosses (for example shatter is the coolest most awesome lookin dragon in game but he’s like toddler difficulty.) In conclusion i say if you want easy attack sponge bosses go fight sb or wurm, but the dragons should be dragon difficulty. Oh my only complaint about this is the time limit….it takes time to gather 80 ppl especially in smaller servers.

Promotes server unity? Allows you to have an overall better gaming experience?

I don’t know which server you’re on, but on mine, I’m seeing anything but.

I’m seeing people yelling at each other for not taking the WP and running back. If anyone says anything about it, they need to “stop being lazy because it takes one minute to run back”.

I’m seeing people yelling at each other for not manning the turrets properly. If anyone says anything about it, they should “leave the turrets to people who know what they’re doing”.

I’m seeing people yelling at each other when the event fails. Because the people in the turrets sucked, because the DPSers sucked, because people didn’t WP back, because people didn’t dodge enough…

People yelling at players who just got in from overflow asking where Rox is. Yelling at the DPSers for not “stacking right”.

And that’s not to mention people purposefully running into the OHKO pods to down others around them, people purposefully sitting on the turrets to ruin the strategy…

Content that requires coordination is fine. Content that primarily relies on most players in an open world environment working together is stupid.

I keep seeing people saying they don’t want this instanced. You realize maps have a population cap, right? That if you don’t join in fast enough, you don’t get to be a part of it? You realize people who are guesting can take up the space of those who aren’t?

How is that any different from an instance?

Oh right, the difference is that you can’t choose who’s in the map with you, which means camp it for hours so that most of your organized group can be in it, or hope that whoever you end up with knows what they’re doing and doesn’t want to troll.

An instance would be the exact same, except you’d have an easier time coordinating, wouldn’t need to worry about overflow, and be able to weed out the trolls disrupting everyone else’s experience.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: LeXtruX.9183

LeXtruX.9183

Might I add to this that the fact that this boss is soo darn hard but still loads of people come to do the event, most of us get thrown into the overflow servers, which are a frigging pain to do this types of events in… I’ve tried tequatl 5 times now, and all 5 times I was in a Overflow server, and only once did we barely not get it to 75%… reason: no interaction due to people not even speaking the language and thus not being able to go for a strategy… if you want servers to enjoy this, either scale down the difficulty by a little bit, not much, but just a bit, or make sure you can actually always go and play on your own server with a large enough group of friends/ guildies, so that organizing is easier… That, or make sure commanders can make wvw sized parties… that would help with organizing everything a lot better… Also, just wondering, what build would be suited to bring him down? I have a soldier build with some beserker parts (haven’t gotten full soldier yet) with healing shouts and for this event a banner as elite… I am a warrior…
Edit: OHKO pods… wow, you all die instantly of that? I have at least 300HP and 1200HP left after a pod pops…, but that aside, it’s true, server caps is really ruining what could be the most awesome raid ever: open world raiding!

Fighting at day, fighting at night… I think I might be sleep deprived

(edited by LeXtruX.9183)