Tequatl's scale damage reduction?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SirNikkolas.6273

SirNikkolas.6273

Q:

Does each stack of Tequatl’s scales decrease damage? Or is it just a complete invulnerability at 20 stacks via the bone wall? Will my attacks do the same amount of damage at 1 stack as it does at 19 stacks?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Crystal Reid

Crystal Reid

Game Designer

A:

Stacks of Hardened Scales do not reduce incoming damage. It is just a complete invulnerability at 20 stacks until the Bone Walls are killed.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SirNikkolas.6273

SirNikkolas.6273

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/454437568

52:00 – Stacks cause invulnerable and summon the bone wall. The dev does not say anything about it reducing damage. I would still like a dev to confirm, but I think she would say if it reduced damage and you need to keep it as low as possible, right?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Stacks of Hardened Scales do not reduce incoming damage.

Ah. Everyone was like “oh but shoot him and take away stacks!”.

This pretty much confirm it then: Tequatl is impossible to kill now. There’s no “tactics” to solve here. He’s simply unkillable in 15 minutes – hell 1 hour is probably going to be hard at the rate his HP is going.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

He needs to have his health cut in half if not more. While I don’t necessarily think he’s impossible to kill it’s unreasonable to expect the entire zerg to be packing ascended and exotics. Maybe it’s time for a decrease in the gear gap? Something needs to happen.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Telekinesis.8312

Telekinesis.8312

i like it, u need organized big groups mayb with commanders to kill it.. these are the first few hours.. give it a week

in Tequatl Rising

Telekinesis.8312

oh and anyway.. didn’t make sense for the dragon to die while the players were afk hitting it, right now he fights like a dragon

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Reason why he is unkillable

it’s not the mechanic… it’s the players

btw. arena net: why do you think that open world noob zerks which do not even speak english can organize some meaningful tactics when they don’t even know they need to revive at waypoint? You should have done this instanced fight for big guilds.

Attachments:

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

He needs to have his health cut in half if not more. While I don’t necessarily think he’s impossible to kill it’s unreasonable to expect the entire zerg to be packing ascended and exotics. Maybe it’s time for a decrease in the gear gap? Something needs to happen.

Yes, players need to get better.

He’s spawned twice now. Get over yourself.

Retired. Too many casuals.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Yes, players need to get better.

He’s spawned twice now. Get over yourself.

No amount of getting better will make up for not being properly geared.

This fight boils down to statistics, not skill. And that is the crux of the issue.

in Tequatl Rising

Telekinesis.8312

anet mentioned, u need 80 people to down that boss.. right now as i can see u have 15-20 people fighting the boss while all else are downed. even if u have 100+ at the start, more than 60-70% are down most of the time because “they dont know what to do yet” give it more time.. people will understand the mechanics, avoid stuff, dish out more damage.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

According to one of the dev videos, the key is to not let the stack get up to 20. Once at 20 he makes a bone wall and now is invulnerable until the wall is destroyed. Teams will get better at keeping the stacks down and using the turrets as needed. Other players need to come back and defend the turrets now. There is no need for some players to even hit Teq. If they do the other things needed to get the event accomplished they still get the reward.

I highly doubt exotic gear will make that much difference to the overall success…maybe shave off a min from the total…if that?! And who does not have exotics now that everyone is crafting these to get to 500?

Plus all the good players don’t typically get on until server reset. LOL You guys are playing with the B team.

(edited by Holy Whirlwind.2067)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

All 6 turrets need to spam 1 and 2 on tequatl nonstop to nuke him through phase 1

Professional noob guardian

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Make him susceptible to crits and maybe we can get somehwere, right now treating him as some sort of inanimate object that cannot be crit shaves DPS back by at least 30% or more.

Gates of Madness

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I’m just curious how many people think it is STILL easy mode and just standing around tagging and hoping for an Ascended drop.. lol

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

Right now it’s not fun at all, Teq didn’t even lose 10% even if there was a full oberflow.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vulpus.2483

Vulpus.2483

I think the problem atm is that so many ppl assume that damage rises as the hardened scale stack goes down, so turret guys are spamming skill 2 for the most part, which of course does no damage whatsoever.

It needs to be the other way around, with turret users only hitting skill 2 enough to keep the stack below 20, and using skill 1 and dropping buffs far more than they are doing.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Canguro.5768

Canguro.5768

All 6 turrets need to spam 1 and 2 on tequatl nonstop to nuke him through phase 1

actually that doesn’t work that well, yes, you have to hit 2 when is ready but spamming 1 on 2’s cooldown isn’t the silver bullet you are looking for.

turrets need to use #3 on fingers to clean poison and hit #4 and #5 on allyes that are fighting tequatl.

btw, my soldier ranger hits the dragon for more than the turret #1 over time, skill #1 is to use only when no other skill is ready to use or isn’t the moment to use it.

Maguuma

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

Right now it’s not fun at all, Teq didn’t even lose 10% even if there was a full oberflow.

we got him down to 75% so were getting better….tactics are what this game needed imo, loads of fun

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Tactics are awesome for non organised PvE pug metas!

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zeetee.1537

zeetee.1537

+999

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

This is like a sarcastic way of saying players are so stupid it’s totally not right to give them something that gives them the opportunity to encounter something that stimulates brain activity and player coordination once in a while and what they need is more faceroll zerg-fest content.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”