Thanks Anet. And by "Thanks" I mean "Whyyy?!"

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

Please Anet, please keep in mind the people on here begging for a “challenge” are a MINORITY of your player base. Not only that, they don’t even know what a “challenge” is.

We went from being able to get several rares from Teq a day, to guaranteed nothing. No reward is not fun. “Give it some time” “learn to play” EDIT: and I forgot “i must want free stuff for no effort at all” is what the elites will puke all over this thread. Like I said, they don’t understand what a challenge is.

A challenge in a game is something that cannot be overcome by using the same methods over and over. However, eventually people will figure out the mechanics for Teq, and use the same methods over and over again to beat him, every time he spawns. That is the nature of all video games where you are not fighting a human opponent: figure out how to win, repeat. Content is now no longer a challenge.

So the very people who right now say “Teq is great! It’s actually fun now!” will be the exact same people calling it boring, or needs reworked once they’ve done it enough times.

That’s why by very definition, you can’t make any event that repeats itself a “challenge” for everyone. It’ll only be a challenge for the people who are new to it. And that’s fine. Most everyone is fine with that.

We don’t go to work or school all day to come home tired and have to jump thru hoops to play a flippin game where only the people who play 12 hours a day have a chance of beating the good events. Did I mention they are the MINORITY?

But the elites demand you give them a challenge. Anet you HAVE been giving them a challenge. The living story is always new, always fresh. Just when people figure out how to beat it, you give them a new challenge to overcome. But nothing you do is ever good enough for them. Only until the ENTIRE GAME plays the way THEY want it, they are just too good, too amazing, too GOAT at video games to ever be pleased with anything you give them.

SO WHY DO YOU EVEN BOTHER WITH THEM?

Leave the entire PvE alone. It worked fine how it was. If you wanna cater to the elites, give them instances of content that is crazy hard. And make it new every two weeks. Sound familiar?

(edited by CuteLilKittenHugz.2064)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Everybody loves sarcasm!

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

I do think you make some good points.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kaphei.7096

Kaphei.7096

“Hand me stuff, please.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I personally thing it’s a step in the right direction. It’s one single very hard fight for those that want a big challenge, and for those that just want the easy loots, well, you still have (taking a deep breath) claw of jormag, shatterer, golem mark II, fire elemental, fire shaman, shadow behemoth, megadestroyer (which just got new upgraded loot this patch, BTW), jungle wurm, temples of balthazar, dwayna, lyssa, grenth and melandru, the foulbear chieftain, ulgoth, the dredge commisar, taidha covington, eye of zaithan, the karka queen and scarlet’s invasions (phew), not to mention the champion trains in frostgorge sound, queensdale and others, and the champion farming during the invasions… those are way more than enough to keep you busy and with plenty of loot unless you do play 12 hours a day..

Personally I’m glad they’re actually adding harder content and, more important IMHO, failable content that only rewards success.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

My question to the complaint is, “Whyyyy?”.

If you don’t like the event, don’t participate….by your own admission you are loosing nothing by NOT doing it.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GenoUnknown.7504

GenoUnknown.7504

I honestly believe it will take time for each server to finally be able to successfully down him more often. I also agree though that smaller pop servers need some sort of buff or something to help them with the fight. Some more proper scaling to the fight, or something. Some nerfing needs to happen, but not on a huge scale. Nothing outlandish. I think ANet has done a good thing here, and I am not even an elite player. I’m a pretty casual player.

Kisu Beki(Guardian) | Suki The Great (Warrior) | Suki Grimm (Necromancer)
Geno Bishou (Elementist) | Suki The Huntress (Ranger) | Geno The Unknown (Thief)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

If you want rares you should really look into the invasion events. They still happen. Minute-for-minute they orders of magnitude more lucrative than the old Tequatl, even if you fail them. Actually, they are probably more lucrative than Tequatl Rising. Or anything else in the game for that matter. Especially now that greedy champion farming in them is viable (as people are not achievement hunting).

If you want to farm choose your content carefully. Tequatl is a supposed “boss” and it’s high time he became one.

I will concede to the argument that it makes precursors unfairly difficult and frustrating, but if you want rares do invasions.

I also agree with your assertions about what a challenge is – a lot of the content in GW2 is RNG-death (see spider in AC) which isn’t challenging at all. In the limited 2% my overflows managed I didn’t see much RNG-death (although a lot of opportunity for lag death).

I’m not sure if you could rinse-and-repeat Tequatl in the way you describe, but I do think there could be more challenging mechanics than a timer (e.g. allowing the timer to be extended via some side event).

I also think that ANet getting people to work together in an event like this is important. The soon-to-be-released LFG tool is going to make the game incredibly antisocial and content like this will help counteract that.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

(edited by zamalek.2154)

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

If you don’t like the event, don’t participate….by your own admission you are loosing nothing by NOT doing it.

We’ll have to see how things pan out in the long term. If it becomes a dead event fairly quickly, like Karka Queen, then Anet has wasted their development time again, which would be a shame.

If one of the big set piece bosses, that is always featured in trailers for the game goes unchallenged, it would be a shame.

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

That said, participation is already seeming to fall off. We’ll see tonight.

in Tequatl Rising

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

I personally thing it’s a step in the right direction. It’s one single very hard fight for those that want a big challenge, and for those that just want the easy loots, well, you still have (taking a deep breath) claw of jormag, shatterer, golem mark II, fire elemental, fire shaman, shadow behemoth, megadestroyer (which just got new upgraded loot this patch, BTW), jungle wurm, temples of balthazar, dwayna, lyssa, grenth and melandru, the foulbear chieftain, ulgoth, the dredge commisar, taidha covington, eye of zaithan, the karka queen and scarlet’s invasions (phew), not to mention the champion trains in frostgorge sound, queensdale and others, and the champion farming during the invasions… those are way more than enough to keep you busy and with plenty of loot unless you do play 12 hours a day..

Personally I’m glad they’re actually adding harder content and, more important IMHO, failable content that only rewards success.

I don’t entirely disagree with what you’ve said, believe it or not. At this point, I’m glad there’s so many other events that aren’t long and tedious. My problem is that if they make the change to ALL PvE events and WBs like they did to Teq, then most people are not going to even bother.

Just look at Karka Queen (well the whole island of Southsun is a ghost town except for skelk farmers) and Jormag. No one shows up for KQ, and most people don’t show up for Claw of Jormag until the end. It takes too freakin long and when you’ve done it over and over and over, no matter how hard it is, it’s boring and it’s not a challenge. It’s annoying.

in Tequatl Rising

zamalek.2154

That said, participation is already seeming to fall off. We’ll see tonight.

I’m leaving it until the facetank PUGs give up (basically when the overflows disappear).

Which probably won’t be tonight: there are probably going to be loads of people who were not able to try out the new content last night. Next week might be a worthwhile time to try the content for people who can work in coordinated groups with strangers.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

It’s not even that much attention it needs. Little things. Timer should be longer (20 minutes, minimum, 30 ideal) the visibility of the AoE fields in the water needs to be adressed, and the blue wave NEEDS to be synced with it’s KD/damage.

Would also be nice to either 1) have the turrets be manned by NPC’s, or 2) some other idea to keep people from Akitteng on the bloody turrets.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ghisteslohm.7803

Ghisteslohm.7803

There is a game full of easy stuff. Everything is easy. One year long everything is easy. After 1 year they added 3 difficult things for people who like that.(SAB Trib Mode,Liadri,Teq) and you are complaining that it is too much? These 3 little things are too much? This can not bet true. EVERYTHING else in this game is easy and there for you to farm.

Also I do not like these new generation of gamers who only measures there fun in rewards. Playing itself should be fun and interesting. Not the reward afterwards.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I don’t mind challenging, I don’t mind hard………………

I don’t like stupid, which this seems to be at the moment.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

There is a game full of easy stuff. Everything is easy. One year long everything is easy. After 1 year they added 3 difficult things for people who like that.(SAB Trib Mode,Liadri,Teq) and you are complaining that it is too much? These 3 little things are too much? This can not bet true. EVERYTHING else in this game is easy and there for you to farm.

Also I do not like these new generation of gamers who only measures there fun in rewards. Playing itself should be fun and interesting. Not the reward afterwards.

Fast forward one month from now. Tequatl is spawning on your server. Will you show up?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Newman.6847

Newman.6847

Erm,

We went from being able to get several rares from Teq a day, to guaranteed nothing.

By his own admission he’s losing guaranteed rares. The whole “don’t like it, don’t play it” argument is getting a tad old. This isn’t some very specific temporary content aimed at the hardcore players. This is general PvE stuff anyone should be able to enjoy.

I agree with the OP. And don’t think I don’t enjoy a challenge, as I proudly turn on my Liadri mini or show off my green / yellow SAB skins during dungeon runs/whathaveyou. My problem here is two-fold; one, for this event to succeed you need coordination on a rather large scale. I as a player – singular unit – don’t feel challenged by this. Whether or not this event fails or succeeds will depend entirely on whether or not we have enough people, and whether or not enough of those present understand what to do.

Secondly, like I said, this is general PvE stuff. In my opinion it should be doable by newbies as well as the vets; those longer with the game will repeat it enough times so the event stops being fun for them (provided they ever found it fun in the first place). Basically, people get bored of stuff they repeat enough times, but if it’s short and easy they tolerate it because they get a reward. A long event that can fail without them necessarily being able to do anything about that? I predict the general outcome of Tequatl events will be quite similar to the usual outcome of Scarlet’s invasions; failed, because nobody bothers to win it. With invasions, people still participate because of the champ boxes, with Teq, once people have gotten their achievements from him I very much doubt many will return. And then you’ll be left with a magic circle; an event nobody does so it always fails, and an event that always fails because nobody does it.

Oh and btw, killing Golem mk2 for 10 minutes instead of 2 isn’t challenging, it’s boring. Yes, most world bosses were boring anyway, but they were painless and quick for the most part. Now they’re not just boring, they’re much longer to boot. I don’t think this was a good idea. Want a challenge, go do Liadri / Tribulation mode / whatever the current LS is offering for hardcore players.

in Tequatl Rising

zamalek.2154

Fast forward one month from now. Tequatl is spawning on your server. Will you show up?

You might find they nerf him after the achievement incentive is removed.

Remember though, you can take him on with 80: that’s a medium-sized guild, so they will probably show up. There’s the raids that everyone has been asking for.

Auroraglade

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

I’m really tired of hearing people say oh I work 12 hours a day blah blah so essentially I should have everything handed to me because I’m on a such busy schedule well heck I work 9-10 hours a day, spend 2 hours at a gym and I still welcome the challenge. I swear it’s like most gamers have gotten spoiled as we’ve gotten older over the years with games getting more dumbed down to appeal to the “casual guys” but some of us actually want wortwhile content that is challenging.

I mean let’s face it tequati was beaten the first day so isn’t not like it’s impossible. I actually want content in a game not everyone will beat anytime soon makes it more worthwhile to keep coming back and if you say you don’t have enough time to do a fight it’s 15 minutes…seriously.

I will agree that raising the life on the other bosses was a little lazy as it doesn’t add really much challenge but just prolongs a boring fight.

(edited by Brighteluden.2974)

in Tequatl Rising

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

This isn’t some very specific temporary content aimed at the hardcore players. This is general PvE stuff anyone should be able to enjoy.

… In my opinion it should be doable by newbies as well as the vets;

…Basically, people get bored of stuff they repeat enough times, but if it’s short and easy they tolerate it because they get a reward.

…Oh and btw, killing Golem mk2 for 10 minutes instead of 2 isn’t challenging, it’s boring. Yes, most world bosses were boring anyway, but they were painless and quick for the most part.

…Want a challenge, go do …whatever the current LS is offering for hardcore players.

THANK YOU. +1 million times a bazillion

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ghisteslohm.7803

Ghisteslohm.7803

Not sure if I am playing GW2 at that point because Wind Waker HD+ new Pokemon are coming out. Also study goes on in October. If I play GW2 there is a good chance I would play the new stuff they added at that point.
But if I wanted to play a world boss I would choose Tequatl over everything else because it is fun while everything else is just waiting.
Ah well new Golem and Fire Elemental are also fun. Maybe I do them too.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kaphei.7096

Kaphei.7096

I’m really tired of hearing people say oh I work 12 hours a day blah blah so essentially I should have everything handed to me because I’m on a such busy schedule well heck I work 9-10 hours a day, spend 2 hours at a gym and I still welcome the challenge. I swear it’s like most gamers have gotten spoiled as we’ve gotten older over the years with games getting more dumbed down to appeal to the “casual guys” but some of us actually want wortwhile content that is challenging.

I mean let’s face it tequati was beaten the first day so isn’t not like it’s impossible. I actually want content in a game not everyone will beat anytime soon makes it more worthwhile to keep coming back and if you say you don’t have enough time to do a fight it’s 15 minutes…seriously.

Plus why does everything has to revolve around getting rewards? It’s like the game itself doesn’t exist.

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

You might find they nerf him after the achievement incentive is removed.

Remember though, you can take him on with 80: that’s a medium-sized guild, so they will probably show up. There’s the raids that everyone has been asking for.

We don’t know for sure if you can take him with only 80. Anet never confirmed that they successfully tested it with 80, only that it was designed for 80. BG had possibly twice that.

Also, you can take on Karka Queen with even 20 people but nobody does it. Events like Dwayna, Grenth and Lyssa can be done with about 5 people but even those can go many hours without being triggered.

I am not saying it should be done on recharge every single time, like Jungle Worm or similar events, but if gets done rarely or never then it would be huge waste of Anet time investment and also there would be effectively less content in the game than before.

I do like that he is deadlier but the health bar seems to be killing this event.

(edited by Lucky.9421)

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

Yes Golem was quite fun. We did it with only ten people and others were dying quite hilariously while I was able to maintain my 25 stacks of bloodlust through the entire fight. ^.^

But we did it with 10 people.

Tried to get to Fire Ele but did not make it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dasmordo.9654

Dasmordo.9654

You guys act like this game isn’t easy enough already. Sorry that for once you were slapped with the message at the end of the day “Not everyone is a winner this time and doesn’t get a pat on the back” including me <— seeing as I haven’t killed him. I really think Anet made a step in the right direction for once since Guild Wars 1 as far as content goes and finally made something a challenging THATS OPTIONAL and you have 2 other “EZ mode” dragons to fight besides Tequatl. If you want ascended gear so bad just craft it. Don’t act like the game doesn’t have enough easy content already. God forbid if they make 0.1% of that content an actual challenge. :P

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Criminon.8432

Criminon.8432

You have no clue what you’re talking about, but you’re obviously frustrated with the new content. You’re not alone, I too am very frustrated with this patch. At the same time at least pinpoint your anger and frustration before you try telling anet that the people complaining about wanting harder content want them to revamp old bosses and remove previous content.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Newman.6847

Newman.6847

Yes Golem was quite fun. We did it with only ten people and others were dying quite hilariously while I was able to maintain my 25 stacks of bloodlust through the entire fight. ^.^

But we did it with 10 people.

Tried to get to Fire Ele but did not make it.

Did it with 4. 2 of which kept dying in the electrical field and wp-ing back. As long as you can figure out where not to stand and keep dps-ing it’s not hard, it’s just long.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TamTiTam.9574

TamTiTam.9574

I do like that he is deadlier but the health bar seems to be killing this event.

Why does every single Part of GuildWars2 have to revolve around mindless farming?
I would like Tequatl to be a Raidlike Encounter, a challenge for organized Guilds.

It might be a little too hard, but -please- do not nerf it to the ground…
People will try as long as the fight is fun and/or there is nice loot.

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

Did it with 4. 2 of which kept dying in the electrical field and wp-ing back. As long as you can figure out where not to stand and keep dps-ing it’s not hard, it’s just long.

With 10 people, it took us about 8 minutes which is ok. 6-8 minutes is ideal in my book. Over 8 is pushing it.

I believe the base scale for that event is 5, like most group events. Meaning the minimum amount health that it will have is the same until there are 5 people in the area. Above 5, it will have more health. So if you were only 4, then you were chewing through an amount of health meant for 5.

Tequatl is out of the ordinary in that the base scale is allegedly 80(unconfirmed). This means 40 people will have to contend with the same health to deal with as 80. Which is potentially a problem. Also the group that got it so far had at least 130(from their teamspeak) and probably closer to 150 or even 200.

(edited by Lucky.9421)

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

I am not saying it should be nerfed, but the dynamic scaling should be addressed for when numbers go down. They always do.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

It ain’t the health bar necessarily that’s doing in most groups.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

This is silly, pressing 1 all the for 5 minutes was hardly fun. I am glad anet reworked tequatl, even thought 15min time limit should be increased to 30min.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Geoffroy.3685

Geoffroy.3685

Having to WP from the other side of the map because you can’t rez people (massive AoE everywhere) isn’t fun.

Trying like a mad men for 15min to see the bar go down to around 90% in an overflow server isn’t fun.

Having the HP of the other boss upped to make it “more difficult” isn’t more challenging nor fun.

Not to forget that you get the same loot you used to with a tiny chance to get a color variation of the only ascended weapon skin.

Making it the single event of the bi-monthly update means it should cater the majority of players.

Looks like Anet tried to fix something that wasn’t broken again. I hope there will a be a quick reaction from their part, or the world bosses will soon become ghost towns. It’s what happened after the Ascalionian Catacombs fiasco a couple of months ago, that led to the dungeons being altogether abandoned by the dev team (save for the TAFU random troll).

Amelia Ivardottir — Falconeer (Greatsword & Bows Ranger) — Volcanus
Emmeline Ivardottir — Duelist (Sword & Focus Mesmer) — Sunrise / The Anomaly

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

It ain’t the health bar necessarily that’s doing in most groups.

I think it is ok for some people to die during the event. Not to brag but I haven’t even been downed at all and I am a melee zerker; just to get that out of the way.

Blame the pugs, or blame Anet. Either way, if the end result is an event that people don’t show for, it is still unfortunate.

(edited by Lucky.9421)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Weirdly enough I’d say this event is something of a mass gear (and stat) check. The mechanics are fairly simple, if painful (I can tell I’m going to have fun jumping over shockwaves before they arrive). Specifically, it’s making sure you’ve brought lots of power and raw dmg bonuses, and the better your gear, the more power and attack rating you can get. Your build should also contribute power and, if possible, stack it on other people.

Other offensive stats won’t hurt, but nor will they help much. Defending the cannons seems better done by kiting and (where possible) CC than killing, because the creatures take so long to die and are easily replaced. Sometimes the dragon gives you the finger (the more polite of two ways I considered wording that, so you know) and to break its fingers you need… power.

Oh, and I hear it also ensures you brought elementalists. Be sure to Shanghai one if you pass any on the way there!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

We’ll have to see how things pan out in the long term. If it becomes a dead event fairly quickly, like Karka Queen, then Anet has wasted their development time again, which would be a shame.

I don’t think the Karka Queen isn’t done because she is too challenging, but because she isn’t featured on the boss event tracking tools frequently1 and is outside the popular “endgame” zones (e.g., Cursed Shore). The Ogre Wars event isn’t challenging. However, from my experience I will never see it on the trackers unless I actively do the leg work to get it going 2, and then suddenly a mob of players descends out of the aether to finish the event I started. The karka queen would see more attention if people actually did the leg work to start it. However, it’s much easier to keep oneself busy hopping between the events that automatically start, than to actually pull together the handful of people needed to start the Karka Queen (or even the one needed to start The Ogre Wars). i think all meta-events should require player involvement to start them, and that an in game tool from Arena Net should be developed to report when the events can be started (the current trackers have intentionally or accidentally left out some of the pre-events, and thus people won’t flock to them to start them).

1 – The worst tool to be introduced to the game, IMO.
2 – I’m one of those strange players that actually revisits old zones I’ve long since “completed” just to experience some of the story I may have missed and do some of the events I found fun/interesting.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Warlock.7136

Warlock.7136

all I will say here is two things.
One: I support the creation of challenging boss fights.
Two: The cannoneers and 1 hit kills ruin the entire thing.(cleric stat max gear). either the wp needs to be uncontested so players can respawn or the 1 hit kills need to go. on the note of the cannoneers; 6 people should not determine an events pass/fail. the cannoneers are grabbing cannons and then going afk. this ruins things for everyone.

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

I don’t think the Karka Queen isn’t done because she is too challenging, but because she isn’t featured on the boss event tracking tools frequently1 and is outside the popular “endgame” zones (e.g., Cursed Shore).

I would not say that the Karka Queen is too challenging but rather that it does not scale well with lower numbers like many group events. It really takes about 20 people to get the ball rolling.

If 20 willing people think that only 5 people are needed, then 20 show up. Usually, if 20 willing people think 20 are needed, nobody shows up. Even when talking about the same 20 individuals.

It seems silly because it shouldn’t matter as long as you have 20 willing people right? But it does. That is the nature of human morale.

People are silly.

I predict TQ will have similar problems in the coming weeks, or perhaps already.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

all I will say here is two things.
One: I support the creation of challenging boss fights.
Two: The cannoneers and 1 hit kills ruin the entire thing.(cleric stat max gear). either the wp needs to be uncontested so players can respawn or the 1 hit kills need to go. on the note of the cannoneers; 6 people should not determine an events pass/fail. the cannoneers are grabbing cannons and then going afk. this ruins things for everyone.

One hit kills are the most annoying things in the entire GW2 universe.

SBI