When's the nerf coming?

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zay.6357

Zay.6357

Just want to know when I should bother trying this fight again, and the forum search doesn’t seem to do anything.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I suggest you wait for about 3-4 weeks. While everyone waits there creating overflows there is no point to try, you can spend your time better elsewhere.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

They won’t. When a mmo company decide to make some change. Get ready to wait at least during 3 to 6 months before they revert it. Or simply, you have to accept the fact that you may have to wait during 1 year. Welcome to marketing.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Hopefully never.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

It doesn’t need a nerf. It needs a turret mechanic that doesn’t put 100% of the event in the hands of just 6 people. Once they fix that it’ll actually be possible to beat it without unattainable levels of coordination.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

Instead of a nerf please look at the suggestion I made here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/An-addition-to-taco-s-rewards/
this makes taco retain its difficulty while giving options to players that have problems defeating him.

Also please feel free to post any suggestion or idea there

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Wait until it becomes “ghost town”. People who can’t complete it will eventually get tired of trying and give up on it, gradually decreasing the amount of people participating, thus decreasing chance of success as well.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

On SoS people have already given up on it. Don’t know about the Aussies but I know all the NA are either guesting or totally disregarding it, many who have got their kill are not even bothering to try again cause the rewards suck. I have just spent the entire day guesting on SBI in the hope that I can get a kill tonight. If I do I probably won’t bother trying it again in a long long time. I see this joining the Karka Queen in loners lane after a few weeks.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

How do we know there hasn’t already been one?

The table is a fable.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Hopefully never.
Go kill some boars or play SAB.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

To be honest, I’d rather see him become a ghost town, instead of a farmville. I mean, come on, it’s dragon. I want to be scared to at least one single mob in this entire world pve for immersion sake.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

Hopefully never.

^^Nice community your cultivating there, arenanet

I don’t necessarily want a nerf, but I kitten sure want them to speed up his respawns..waiting here for this long is not fun at all.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Overflow situation has killed this event for most servers, some kind of solution to that would be better.

Magumer Ranger

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Julie Yann.5379

To be honest, I’d rather see him become a ghost town, instead of a farmville. I mean, come on, it’s dragon. I want to be scared to at least one single mob in this entire world pve for immersion sake.

I agree but the organizational requirements to successfully complete it are ridiculously out of reach large portion of the player base. Unless you are lucky enough to be on a server with large organized guilds you are SoL.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Wait until it becomes “ghost town”. People who can’t complete it will eventually get tired of trying and give up on it, gradually decreasing the amount of people participating, thus decreasing chance of success as well.

You’re kidding, right? People who can’t complete it are almost always those that somehow drag the group behind. Without those, a well-sized guild could take care of him.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

Hopefully never.

Ah yes, fostering elitism. Just what GW2 needs.
Not.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Hopefully never.

Some people want hard content. And it’s frustrating to them when people want to take it away.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

for the pathetic reward teq has, his health should be nerfed by at least 50% rofl.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Hopefully never.

Some people want hard content. And it’s frustrating to them when people want to take it away.

And on the other side of the coin, it is frustrating for those who prefer a more relaxed gameplay.

Personally, I’m for the medium difficulty. I simply don’t want content to be a walk in the park, but neither a walk in hell.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

Hopefully never.

That came off as frustration to you? More like elitism…hence the reason he said go kill boars. Just the first sign of this game turning into every other game.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Hopefully never.

Ah yes, fostering elitism. Just what GW2 needs.
Not.

I loved SAB fantastic content, loved every second of delicious frustrating and laughed so hard at the yeti -> storm wizard TROLL SPIKE! Its not elitism there may be farming or SAB which are both significantly better right now than they have been for a while maybe be better suited for the people that dont want to do Tequatl.

The reason we are protective of Tequatl is we fear we wont get as impressive an ecounter next time, if the “nay sayers” have their way. Just supporting ANets CONTENT updates have been great. They do however need to work on the system they put these into Overflows and getting a place is a problem, number the overflows so ppl could choose to get organised in them. “Aaargh we’re in the wrong place!” “Its cool the group is moving into Overflow 7, someone said its almost empty – tell everyone where we’re meeting, put a not in guild chat and tell [Teq] or [TKS] lots are here if they want to join us.”

All my points still stand, get involved with a guild which does the boss, being able to take charge of the turrets with a few friends or delegate someone to do that, knowing the weakpoints randoms have and really explain it. “If you dont use the ice bow til he arrives it keeps 1 spell to use, use #4 it hurts him like it would an AC Burrow” <- they understand the burrow bit. “PICK UP ELE WEAPONS!!” as you’re coming back from battery…. TIMEWARP!

If they are on TS “STOMP INC … NOW!” and “MOVE FROM RANGED PILE! CLEANSE RANGED! STACK UP GUYS BURST DPS!!” Then really encourage the turrets while you’re away at batteries “please get those poison clouds down before we get back for a clean dps” and “GOOD JOB TURRETS!” when they do it. Get ppl excited about dealing damage to him, grabbing every buff going. Summon 2 Phantasms grab Fiery GS deselect him 4 and Blink! “BURN GUYS BURN BURN!” Call for bloodlust if it helps, get that min max and competative feeling into GWs.

Doing gives you a brilliant encounter that may be a bit wasted in an instance cause shouts of “Gandara!” at the end were great and the scale worked perfectly. I have wiped for about 4 days against him and know all the horrors that can occur, but once you get the grop who have been soaking up your words and the word of all the other ppl who have been with them each day discussing strat, builds and keeping spirits up (the waiting is dire)

I do recommend this for casuals who are willing to put a bit of effort in one evening try him 3 times with the same ppl go with friends or make them there. Cause they will ask for turret defense groups and they need volunteers and they need ppl to fight the dragon willing to take skills which help the zergs survive. Our server had a guy clear the eastern jump pad of AFK (whisp’d every single one) and sorted out his squad for defense, he had our Poison cleared coming back from batteries, those turrets functioned brilliantly under his control. And he stepped for himself because there was chaos “oh no there are too many ppl afk, oh no there are only 2 on turrerts” <- these humans are useless. Get involved (i feel im dangerously close to something here which is used to get girls at parties to drink too much. it is the followup to “man up!” isnt it?) oh never mind that but do GET INVOLVED.

That attempt we had commanders that were only dots on the map the checking of start and organisation was done by regular ppl, you can do it too. But we called cleanses, spawn’d icebows and FGSs, used stab and reflect, ran back early (1% left on eastern battery ><) and TIMEWARP! Killed him and it was awesome ^^

The people decide who wins this, you can get depressed at all the bad people or try everything to get them better, they make kitten up on the first attempt but by the third they know it. And thse ppl knowing there jobs well enough to get a kill are resources for future kills. You’ve got a legion of dpsers who have decent understanding of the wave mechanic, squads that are confident just taking over turret sections and guess what they all like to pla together cause i bet the saw progress – invite them into a guild and keep going. Its worth the experience.

JESUS THATS HUGE! soz tl;dr Don’t nerf this its our last best hope for peace in our galaxy!

(edited by Coulter.2315)

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Matok.1836

Matok.1836

It doesn’t need to be nerfed, it needs to be fixed.

Right now your success rides primarily on the actions of others, not on your own.

Are there trolls/afks on the turrets? You’re not going to win.
Are there dead people laying there not WPing? You’re not going to win.
Are people wasting time trying to rez the dead instead of just rezing the down? You’re not going to win.

You can’t do anything at all about those things, because it’s not you doing it, it’s others who are doing the wrong thing. It doesn’t matter how good you are, you’re not going to win.

Unfortunately, this event and even the game’s design is going to encourage failure.

There’s 6 turrets, they’re the ‘cool toy’ that only a select few get to play with in the fight, so you’re going to have people who grab one and then go afk waiting for the fight to start, then they just sit afk while the fight is going because they really aren’t there. It’s also a very easy way for one person to troll everyone there, just park your kitten on a turret and aim it the wrong direction and laugh it up while the entire map yells, unable to do anything about it.

We’re taught over and over again, rez your fellow players. You get rewarded XP every time you do. People see a sea of little markers floating over all the dead bodies, so what do they do? They spend 20 seconds trying to rez one person, and often just get downed themselves, doing zero damage during that time span. Dead people just sit there typing ‘help’ instead of running back, because it’s easier to just wait for a rez.

This boss shows up periodically, with no in game indication of when. The only way you’ll fight it without just being really stupidly lucky to happen across that area at just the right moment is to log in, park your character there, and afk while you wait. I’m sure a lot of those people step away from the computer to do something else with their time, and many of them don’t get back during the fight, so you have afks everywhere scaling up the fight. Not to even mention the ridiculous overflow situation (I haven’t been able to get on my server in Sparkfly since this content was released, not even once).

This content is getting ruined by the game’s design. There’s nothing wrong with the event itself. It’s a dragon, it should be hard to kill. But it is also open world content, and adjustments should be made to make sure non-participants don’t ruin it for those who are trying. Evidence that it can be good content is seen by those servers that have beaten the overflow system with guesting and partying to put as many participating players as possible into a single instance, and keep the non-participants out. This fight can be fun, and can be challenging yet beatable, but only if you rig the current system by making sure the majority of players present are chosen, not randomly showing up like world content should be.

A nice try, but no, this content has too many problems to be called anything other than a failure. When the non-participants can’t screw it up for everyone else, then it’ll be good content.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Never going to happen in an open world fight you want to be difficult. I love this patch and this fight, but I like large group content.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Julie Yann.5379

Yeah, at first, I was “They need to nerf this” then I fell into an organized group (TY SBI for letting me squat you map for a day) and now I think the encounter itself is fine but there should be tools for serious players from different severs to be able to join together on one map more easily. That way you get more people coordinating on VOIP, fewer AFK’s, and fewer trolls ruining it for everyone else. Those stuck on kittenty server get their kills and everyone is happy.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Whatever.8204

Whatever.8204

Hopefully never.

Some people want casual content. And it’s frustrating to them when people are actually taking it away.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Julie Yann.5379

Hopefully never.

Some people want casual content. And it’s frustrating to them when people are actually taking it away.

There is tons of casual content for casuals to play. Now we have difficult content for more serious players which is still available to casuals if they are willing to listen to instructions, modify their builds, spend 1 silver on a WP when dead, and spend a few more silver for some food buffs.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Hopefully never.

Yeah, but this isn’t hard content.

The only reason this is “hard” is because you can’t choose who fights Tequatl and who stays behind bars for being afk, a troll, a condition stacker, a non-rezzing dead, a turret user who can’t handle the turret, etc. The list can be made very much longer.
To be able to beat him, all you have to do is to camp your mainserver for 6 hours until your guild has taken up every spot there is on it and no afkers are left.

That is not being hard, that is just a sign that the event is built in a wrong way, punishing you for things you can’t even help. Wake up.

If this was as it is now, but instanced and you could choose who went in, anyone could clear it.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Mikuchan.7261

Hopefully never.

There is tons of casual content for casuals to play. Now we have difficult content for more serious players which is still available to casuals if they are willing to listen to instructions, modify their builds, spend 1 silver on a WP when dead, and spend a few more silver for some food buffs.

They aren’t willing. They are afk or they refuse to listen and that’s nothing you can do anything about. This isn’t an RTS, it’s an MMO. You can’t control what others do and don’t and that’s why raid content is instanced in every other game.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xiwen.7519

Xiwen.7519

Hopefully never.

Your point for casual content is invalid.
There is TONS of casual things to do in gw2 that wont make u feel frustrated.
I name you some

Gathering ore.(go gather some ore like orichalcum/platinum/iron that make good profit)
Do your achievement for god sake.(slayer achievement/explorer/jumping puzzles??)
Create a new char with different races/job or same race but try different choices.
Dungeon.Do your cof/CoE/AC/TA dungeon or other dungeon.
Fractal……
Train in queensdale.
Help out new players by using /map and type pro player here,willing to help out new players.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Julie Yann.5379

Hopefully never.

They aren’t willing. They are afk or they refuse to listen and that’s nothing you can do anything about. This isn’t an RTS, it’s an MMO. You can’t control what others do and don’t and that’s why raid content is instanced in every other game.

That is true, but those people who are unwilling will eventually migrate to other areas of the game making room for those that are willing and not just there for the achieve points.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Mikuchan.7261

Hopefully never.

That is true, but those people who are unwilling will eventually migrate to other areas of the game making room for those that are willing and not just there for the achieve points.

And what if they don’t?
Your argument is invalid since it doesn’t fix the core of the problem.
Such people can show up anywhere for any reason in any number and you can’t help it.

EDIT: Also in due time, people that do listen and have made it will diminish since the reward isn’t good enough for them to redo it. So while you wait for the kittens to go away, so will the sane people.

(edited by Mikuchan.7261)

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Julie Yann.5379

Hopefully never.

And what if they don’t?
Your argument is invalid since it doesn’t fix the core of the problem.
Such people can show up anywhere for any reason in any number and you can’t help it.

I guarantee you that once the hype is over most of those people will be somewhere else doing something they enjoy amd is more rewarding. Your organized groups will be able to fit on 1 map and not be divided by overfail servers. Once you have 80 or so organized trained individuals working together random pugs won’t be as much of a problem. If you take a look at servers that have beat Teq that had many afkers and perma dead but still manage to beat him cause the bulk of their force was organized.

Edit: I think teq is going to become 1 of 2 things. A totally ignored awesome piece of content or a Multi Server Epic Event. You can already see Teq slaying guilds forming up and guesting to low pop servers/overflows. As for reward, it doesn’t seem like much now cause of all the wasted time waiting and camping SF. Once these guilds get more Experience I can see them killing teq 90% of the time. It’s only 15mins, the rewards are adequate.

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Whatever.8204

Hopefully never.

There is tons of casual content for casuals to play.

Yeah, almost all open world.
That’s why this is the right time to start casual whining campaign, before even more of it is destroyed.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Mikuchan.7261

I guarantee you that once the hype is over most of those people will be somewhere else doing something they enjoy amd is more rewarding.
—-
ETC
—-

You are repeating yourself.
It does not help the main issue.
Also read my edit in the last post.

Tequatl needs a sure-fire way to get scales off without limiting the way to 6 people that can fail way too easilly without you being able to throw them out of the turret.
He needs to kick AFK-ers into the realm of torment where they will live for an eternity.
He needs to be able to take more condition damage than only 25 stacks.
There needs to be signs showing people the way to run so they don’t run through the turrets and scale them up. Potentially, walls could fix this too.
Tequatl needs to burrow people who don’t ress up at the bottom of the sea of sorrows where they will stay dead until they become risen so you can finally kill them.

There are so many ways to fail that -you have no way at all- to control and that is the problem with -open world content- that -anyone can access- regardless of how good they are or how much they intend to listen to others or what their builds are.
This content would be typical instanced raid content in any other MMO for this very reason.
If it was, it would be completely fair.
Now it isn’t.

Arguing that “some day, people will disappear from the event” is just another way of saying “the event isn’t rewarding enough to do and it’s not fun enough to do” which in my book is saying “the event is poorly designed” so you really are arguing against yourself and instead arguing for my sake.
Also it’s not an argument that fixes the core problems.
It’s not an argument that even holds because it may not even be true.
It’s even an argument that can work against you.
You don’t know and you can’t guarantee it because you cannot see the future.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Hopefully never.

I don’t think there will be a nerf. Maybe some tweaking but nothing substantial.

And this is exactly what I like about the way that ArenaNet did their “Raid” style even. I know some players would like it instanced but personally I don’t. Soon it will die off on some servers(It already has) and those servers can go guest over to those servers to do their RAID. The few randoms that are there would be thankful and likely willing to listen. Especially after this two weeks are over.

Otherwise I would likely truely be locked out of the content as I am not in a serious guild of any sort. Also vary few players are.

As for the argument “some day, people will disappear from the event”. And it not fixing the core problem. That depends if you find that as a problem. It could be thought of as a feature so each server can have their “Boss slaying” guild that does it in raid style. But yet still allow randoms to join and get to participate in the experience.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

I don’t think there will be a nerf. It will become something like Bathazar that is done once in a while.

Why? Because people are grouping up that are really interested to kill it. And they proof over and over again that it can be done.

You are on a server that does does not have the critical mass of interested people? Hop onto TS or mumble of some other larger server and ask when they are doing it again in a couple of weeks once the frenzy died down a bit. The content is not even yet a week old.

Right now all larger servers are too busy helping their people to get a kill or achievements. Which means they go to an overflow or guest on a low pop server.

Why? Because there are too many people AFK, questing around the map or just leecher or people not willing to get organized.

Tequatl will become what temple runs once where. People interested will show up. Since the ascended weapons came out all temples expect Balthazar are constantly done as they drop the most Dragonite as well as some decent loot as well.

Bathazar has the same issue as Tequatl. People need to be willing to get organized. For Balti it is easy. Just stay at the NPCs. But people in a kill frenzy always run away from them, that why it is failing so often, even though experienced players tell them exactly what to do all the time.

As Teq. is permanent content it will be done again and again. Maybe not as much as now as players what the achievement/mini/skins. But it will be done.

Just wait until the frenzy is over and people will even post here in the forums when they plan to kill it again. They already doing it currently from low pop servers.

But understand that severs are currently focusing on their people that are really interested in it. And the biggest problem are AFK and leechers. And that cannot be nerfed by Anet.

It is open world so everyone can participate. If it would be an instance tons of people would never get it as they are in small guilds. Open world was the smart move here.

And for the guys calling for instance? Just get to an overflow or a low pop server and get your people there. Basically overflows can be handled as an instance.

All in all it is great challenging content actually bringing dedicated players together.

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Hopefully never.

Agreed. It’s GOOD to have varying levels of difficulty. It gives a wider range of people something to do. If they nerf it those who want something harder will be sol. There are PLENTY of easy things for people to go do. Why do so many of the casuals expect everything to be for them? That’s very selfish.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Whatever.8204

Hopefully never.

How is it invalid ? Casual content was replaced, period.

I name you some

Gathering ore.(go gather some ore like orichalcum/platinum/iron that make good profit)
Do your achievement for god sake.(slayer achievement/explorer/jumping puzzles??)
Create a new char with different races/job or same race but try different choices.
Fractal……
Train in queensdale.
Help out new players by using /map and type pro player here,willing to help out new players.

Likewise, there are TONS of hardcore content too:

Ascended stuff
Legendary stuff
I heard Arah dungeon is pretty hard
High level fractals
Some of achievements
Trains are actually for hardcore, like any other boring activity with great rewards.
Amuse your elitist friends by using /map and type <random elitist joke about casuals>

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

It doesn’t need a nerf. It needs a turret mechanic that doesn’t put 100% of the event in the hands of just 6 people. Once they fix that it’ll actually be possible to beat it without unattainable levels of coordination.

They have to give commanders opportunity to kick people from turrets.

Ascended stuff
Legendary stuff
High level fractals
Some of achievements
Trains are actually for hardcore, like any other boring activity with great rewards.
Amuse your elitist friends by using /map and type <random elitist joke about casuals>

Grind=\=hardcore, boy. The only PVE hardcore was Liadri and 50+ level fractal (to get there you need to grind, what an irony). Now Tequatl. Maybe SAB Tribulation Mode.

(edited by Katran.9186)

When's the nerf coming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xiwen.7519

Xiwen.7519

Hopefully never.

How is it invalid ? Casual content was replaced, period.

I name you some

Fractal……
Train in queensdale.

Ascended stuff
Legendary stuff
High level fractals
Some of achievements

Most of your ’’hardcore’’ content is optional
one of the example is.Ascended and legendary stuff
They are OPTIONAL.it wont kill you even if you never get them
There are low level fractals too
Some of the achievements but not ALL
Trains is optional unless the casual players want great rewards then they chose it out of their own free wills so they cant complain

FYI,i not arguing with you.I just want to have a friendly discussion.cheers
P.S about some words with cap. they are important.

(edited by Xiwen.7519)