Who gave up on the reptile already?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Just want to see how many people do not see the point in doing this event anymore. I am certainly done with it, without even trying too much. For me it’s just another zergfest, but with a twist, a teamspeak twist.
Yeah, it’s (probably) great that an event of this kind has been implemented, I get it that some people love this kind of stuff, but I see that these people are loudly demanding more such content (being a minority, according to the surveys) and I’d hate to see more and more of this game turning into a massive, coordinated raid-like events.
Some of us really prefer small-to-moderately sized groups and just do not feel well running around with a huge bunch of people, spamming the same combinations of keys for over 10 minutes and waiting for a bar to go down. Some most likely do not even have the machines for zerging. Others hate VOIP communication. I just want to make sure that Tequatl won’t set a trend for a game that has a perfectly balanced, relaxed gameplay for a non-hardcore player like me.

Just to be clear – I don’t want it nerfed, the event will never be a thing for me. I just hope that Splintered Coast will be the last area that I have to avoid ’til Kingdom Come.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well got my tittle and ascended drop rate seems to be so bad that probably won’t do it anymore. This game is like WoW, but bosses don’t drop anything fun.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I ran it once, failed it and haven’t returned.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vetrie.7804

Vetrie.7804

I have succesfuly done it 2 times. And I love it. Will do it everyday if possible. I like challenging content that takes some preparation. And if you think it through , Taco isnt that hard as some people say. Keep up good work anet! ( just fix this overflow stuff )

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Well got my tittle and ascended drop rate seems to be so bad that probably won’t do it anymore. This game is like WoW, but bosses don’t drop anything fun.

Exactly :-D They dont want this game be like wow (Yes they never said it officially, but it is clear, after all lof of them are former employees of Blizzard as far as i know). So they think that if we instead of forming big groups ourselves group up with just every random ,,someone" and not getting good loot from boss is better?
Or gearing one character for mounths by crafting and farming materials and gold instead getting whole gear in dungeons should better too?
Do they really think we will consider this game to be best just becouse they dont add new tier of gear every 3 mounths?
WoW is total grindfest game but at least its style is working.
Two patches were enough to change this game from something unique and fun to gringfest that is not even worth of participating.
I am not agains hard content but the way Anet is doing it is total fail.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

I just wished they focused on colourful and rich content, like the Bazaar. A really beautiful area, achievements that demanded doing a dozen different things, absolutely no need to zerg…

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

(edited by Asmodeus.5782)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Not me

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: milton.1796

milton.1796

I gave up on it because I’m constantly on overflow no matter how early I join the map.
Tried a organised guild run….and everyone was placed inside different overflows as soon as the fight started.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

Yup after struggling daily for numerous (4-6) runs a day since beginning I’ve decided to stop as well. We always get him 25-50% defeated and fail. Sorrows Furnace doesn’t have high populations anymore like other servers and you have to transfer to other servers for an overflow.
Grats to all that have beaten him and good luck to those still trying but I’m just going to sit this event out. GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

It takes determination and server cooperation which you can only hope for. If you learn the mechanics, then find a guild or large group whom also does.. then its only down to repetition. On Ehmry, they’ve been working at it since day 1 of the patch. Since then they’ve made progress then on the 20th, that hardwork finally paid off (I was there).

So even if the event fails, if you put effort into it.. it’s still a learning opportunity.

Just last night we were ahead of the timer by about 2 minutes, but there was a miscalculation leaving the batteries 10 seconds too early and ended up wiping everyone. Now we’ll be more cautious, but we know we can get to there again.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Exactly :-D They dont want this game be like wow (Yes they never said it officially, but it is clear, after all lof of them are former employees of Blizzard as far as i know). So they think that if we instead of forming big groups ourselves group up with just every random ,,someone" and not getting good loot from boss is better?
Or gearing one character for mounths by crafting and farming materials and gold instead getting whole gear in dungeons should better too?
Do they really think we will consider this game to be best just becouse they dont add new tier of gear every 3 mounths?
WoW is total grindfest game but at least its style is working.
Two patches were enough to change this game from something unique and fun to gringfest that is not even worth of participating.
I am not agains hard content but the way Anet is doing it is total fail.

I agree, hard content is fine but Anets’ last few patches have had a similar affect on my perception of the game, so much so that I have stopped buying gem cards and likely won’t resume. Getting real tired of giant zergs too.

A couple of overflows and failures put this whole event on ignore for me.

(edited by Blude.6812)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Destroyer Bravo.5391

Destroyer Bravo.5391

I gave up on it because I’m constantly on overflow no matter how early I join the map.
Tried a organised guild run….and everyone was placed inside different overflows as soon as the fight started.

You can get all the people on the same overflow with parties. I’m in Overflow One [teq] and that’s what they do, lel.

P.S. Overflow kills are VERY possible.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Freakfire.7248

Freakfire.7248

^^ im in [Teq] also

-I I Hyper I I- Asura Necromancer

-Darkhaven-

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I posted this same exact thread 2 days ago; it was infracted and removed due to being a useless topic!?!.

Just a forewarning. FYI I have also given up until I see it getting done about 1/5th of the time otherwise it is just a waste of my 15 minutes.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

It’s on the daily list, so a lot of people are still doing it. It’s not worth the wait time, given I play a game to enjoy myself not stand around for hours. As I log on today the timer says 2 hours 10 minutes to spawn and that’s for the main map which i won’t get into anyway. Do I want to waste my Sunday afternoon waiting on a spawn? No.

Give it a couple weeks and the vast majority won’t bother with it – there will be a few die hards doing organised runs and for the rest it will become Karka Queen 2- fun to conquer once but you really can’t be bothered organising forever to get one tiny bit of content done again.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

i didn’t give up yet but I certainly wont be running this again after I down him. For the past week I’ve done nothing but sit on this boring map. Yesterday I played for 5 hours and had 3 attempts on the boss. Just let that sink in for a bit. 5 hours…3 attempts.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: kinjiro.3251

kinjiro.3251

Sadly it seems most of AR. I have to guest just to get in a large enough group to get anywhere but useually in OF so no success yet.

(edited by kinjiro.3251)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

NEVAH! Many servers had proven you never fight alone!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I haven’t given up yet, but surely I’m growing tired of it.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’ve only given up at it atm because I need flawless defense, and the majority of turret defenders I’ve seen seem to be fairly…stupid. They’ll aim for one mob but ignore the other, they won’t immediately come back onto defense the second Teq lands due to the laser (leading to multiple turrets being destroyed), they won’t heal the turrets, etc. There’s only so much a guy can take. :/

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I’ve only given up at it atm because I need flawless defense, and the majority of turret defenders I’ve seen seem to be fairly…stupid. They’ll aim for one mob but ignore the other, they won’t immediately come back onto defense the second Teq lands due to the laser (leading to multiple turrets being destroyed), they won’t heal the turrets, etc. There’s only so much a guy can take. :/

That’s funny because many people have flawless defense but never killed TQ due to a bug.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

That’s funny because many people have flawless defense but never killed TQ due to a bug.

The ones who know they can kill Teq seem to ignore the turrets at the end, and we always seem to lose it there because no turrets can increase the DPS or cure the poison. It’s rather silly IMO, especially considering the turrets ARE the DPS and zerg lifeline. If they fall we have nothing.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

It wouldn’t be difficult if people would only listen / read the guide. my server kind of gave up, not organization whatsoever unless we announce it and drag ppl to TS.

I won’t give up on Tequatl, but this event made me think if I should give up on the server and just transfer somewhere with a more PvE inclined community. But that is another issue, as long as Anet doesn’t fix the overflow issue that high-pop servers have.
Cap on server pop prior to overflow should be increased imo, and some low pop servers should be merged. If not, they’ll just end up dying and pop will keep guesting on better servers…

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Yup after struggling daily for numerous (4-6) runs a day since beginning I’ve decided to stop as well. We always get him 25-50% defeated and fail. Sorrows Furnace doesn’t have high populations anymore like other servers and you have to transfer to other servers for an overflow.
Grats to all that have beaten him and good luck to those still trying but I’m just going to sit this event out. GAME ON

I know that feel

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: harrison fang.1874

harrison fang.1874

hes really not that hard you just need organization http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6m6ihznVnA this was yesterday first time alot of people in the guild had tried it and we got him to about 7% first try

necromancer (STUN)- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader of Aegis Shield [AS]-Tarnished Coast
Mjor of [CrSy] Cryptisyndicate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Yup. Considering my loot rate everywhere else in the game, why bother with yet another RNG spin that relies on 80+ other people to achieve?

Champ boxes and other events likely have equal or reasonably lesser chances, and you can spam those more often to hedge your bets.

On top of that, it’s not particularly fun. Why not have fun and not progress in this manner, when I can not have fun and progress in another?

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Amlin.6041

Amlin.6041

I’ve ran it twice for kicks but in the end it’s really not worth doing for me. The rewards are paltry for the time investment and effort involved. It’s more efficient for me to champion farm or run the Temples with my server zerg. In fact the server simply ignores this event already when Temples are up.

Challenging content is fine but the gameplay mechanics as of right now needs to be worked on to be on par with the challenges Anet wishes to put fourth.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Just want to see how many people do not see the point in doing this event anymore. I am certainly done with it, without even trying too much. For me it’s just another zergfest, but with a twist, a teamspeak twist.
Yeah, it’s (probably) great that an event of this kind has been implemented, I get it that some people love this kind of stuff, but I see that these people are loudly demanding more such content (being a minority, according to the surveys) and I’d hate to see more and more of this game turning into a massive, coordinated raid-like events.
Some of us really prefer small-to-moderately sized groups and just do not feel well running around with a huge bunch of people, spamming the same combinations of keys for over 10 minutes and waiting for a bar to go down. Some most likely do not even have the machines for zerging. Others hate VOIP communication. I just want to make sure that Tequatl won’t set a trend for a game that has a perfectly balanced, relaxed gameplay for a non-hardcore player like me.

Just to be clear – I don’t want it nerfed, the event will never be a thing for me. I just hope that Splintered Coast will be the last area that I have to avoid ’til Kingdom Come.

Me. Theres no real point in doing it after the first few times, just to see what it is.

Sanctum of Rall

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

NEVAH! Many servers had proven you never fight alone!

Yes, instead you fight with a lot of afkers and trolls.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Always in overflow on my home server, doesn’t matter when I join, crummy overflow.

Not a lot of chance that I’m going to do it.

Loads of dead people can’t be bothered to wp back.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Always in overflow on my home server, doesn’t matter when I join, crummy overflow.

Not a lot of chance that I’m going to do it.

Loads of dead people can’t be bothered to wp back.

Contested WP is the one of the many dumb things added to the Teq fight that will turn this into another event that few will participate in and may actually be the game breaker if the so called new content/changes continues to evolve as it is while ignoring fundemental issues that have yet to be adressed (some still exist and reported on when the game was 1st released).

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I have , but not because it is too hard, mostly because I prefer to spend that 15 minutes doing something far more profitable

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I got tired of “camping” it. So I have given up for now. But it seems everyone else on my server has the same mindset. :/

I have gotten pretty far in some overflows so I know it is very well possible, just I also know it is something the normal boss flow of my server won’t touch after a while.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

I pretty much gave up on it since it seems impossible to get an organised group oceanic time. It’s a real shame

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

A few of our WvW guilds decided to leave WvW and try our hand as a whole on the Big Bad Dragon, and we finished it after two tries, the first being a close one but we pulled off north charging station too soon (by a fraction of a second) and we wiped.

Second time we finished with 2:30 left on the clock. I myself have done the event before without the WvW group’s participation but I’ve notice the huge difference in attitude even with the painful close failure we still had a lot of laughs. We even plan on doing it nightly now until people get tired of it.

I probably won’t go for randoms, but I don’t mind going to it. Ascended gear drop rate is abysmal, but someone did get a drop on our first kill so we’re looking forward to arming a few of us with ascended gear if possible, if not maybe a new pet we can sell to craft up to ascended.

“I have , but not because it is too hard, mostly because I prefer to spend that 15 minutes doing something far more profitable”
As for this, I think the statement is untrue, but the same line of thought for me, but I hate wasting the 1.5-2 hours between event failures, the 15min is nothing.. maybe 1-2 champ run cycles.

[DONE]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: NightmareFiction.5478

NightmareFiction.5478

I’ve been failing Teq all day, just due to the learning curve for everybody involved. The one time the overflow that I’d been sitting on for HOURS downs him, I get disconnected when the Megalaser fires and get sucked into the overflow vortex, never to return. Couldn’t even get back using the join command even though I had a full party still there.

Yeah, I’m 100% done until Anet performs some infrastructure upgrades or something. Getting screwed in-game due to server limitations is becoming all too common, for me at least. Been a year and we still don’t seem to be making in headway as far as condition damage in PVE goes, now this Tequatl overflow fiasco.

It honestly wouldn’t bother me, except for the fact that there’s literally zero mention of them even trying to do anything about it. All I want is a little transparency.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

I give up. No way to do it in my server (nobody there), no way to do it in other server (everybody there) and no way to do it in an overflow (AFK’s and leechers everywhere).

Thank you very much for excluding me from this event based on my choice of server rather than my own skill as a player.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Killed him 3 times, loot is garbage still.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hoser.8361

Hoser.8361

I feel similarly. I’m on a small server, the days we won (thanks to guests) I was relegated to overflows, I guested elsewhere but wound up on overflows (and constantly transferred to new overflows). The closest I’ve seen is 38% and that was enough to keep trying, but it’s been an entire day of overflows, zerg yelling at turrets, turrets yelling at defenders, defenders yelling at afk’ers….
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it needs a nerf, and there’s no way I could see it being able to scale, since afk’ers now ruin it by making it scale up. I think the overflow system should be fixed, perhaps revert to the GW1 mode where we could switch between them and thus set things up easier. That’s the only reason I’m really giving up, I don’t want to wait hours to get into a main so I can sit in that main the entire time waiting for the right group to show up, I want to do SAB and level my last toon to 80 and farm for my legendary.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Did one evening of serious tries. Got in mainserver with the most coordinated players. Had to wait 45min for the first spawn, since you gotta get into the main server asap or you can just forget about it.

He spawned. After 5min it was obvious we werent gona kill him. Got him to 60%. Had to wait an hour and a half for the next spawn. Again, after 5min obvious it was a bust, 60% again.

Had to wait another hour or two for the next spawn, so i noped the heck out of there and never looked back. Dont care about the title, the fight is not fun for me but just frustrating, and the rediculous recharge time after a fail that you have to wait out due to massive queue’s. And all that for a regular boss chest, with a tiny chance of a reskinned ascended.

No, not worth my time.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Well, I haven’t given up on it as I have never tried it. I simply understood what Anet was attempting and knew it would never work. Now, I have gone down to experience the failure and I wasn’t disappointed. It was exquisite! I don’t believe it should ever be nerfed. It should live on, forever, as as testament to what you don’t do in open world PvE. Please, Anet, don’t nerf it.

(edited by Raine.1394)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I failed several times and killed him once with [TSS] I doubt I’ll bother again soon, the waiting is tedious and it’s far too easy for griefers, AFKers and idiots to ruin the event for the 100+ who want to do it.

Personally, I’ve had far more fun (and felt like I was making more of a contribution) with the revamped Golem MK II and Fire Elemental.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

I just wished they focused on colourful and rich content, like the Bazaar. A really beautiful area, achievements that demanded doing a dozen different things, absolutely no need to zerg…

The bazaar was utter kitten, the map was bug ridden, the new skills were based on the bugs of the engine (well the waves in TQ are too but pulse skill hitboxes were buggy since release), the plot when nowhere, inflation and kitten for the economy went down.
Not to mention that the achivements were time sinks instead of coordination and skill.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

First I check the server teamspeak. If there’s not 80 people then I don’t bother.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shadow Wolf.3540

Shadow Wolf.3540

*raises hand* Got my wings, and now I don’t care. I have crafting skills to level up, sitting in Sparkfly Fen is not getting me the mats I need.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Once i kill him once I’m never doing him again. Too much hassle to get to FIGHT him on a server and not an overflow.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Remuss.8321

Remuss.8321

I gave up on vizunah square.
24/24h on overflow, cant join the real battle.

and no, i dont want to wait in front of my screen nor trying to guest on other servers…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

Not really gave up, but I’m cutting down the hours I was spending on this event. The event is great fun with a coordinated group, but the waiting and the overflows are just sooooo tedious.

It might be a daily chest, but it takes a bit too much time for a daily. Think I’m going to make it a weekly or bi-weekly event for my own sake.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

After about ten fails in the first couple of days, I started going only if a daily achievement required it, but after wasting more time on it tonight, I’ve decided a single achievement point isn’t worth it.

I applaud Anet’s attempts to make world bosses more interesting, and wish them the very best as they work things out, but this business of timed events is wrong on too many levels to tolerate.

Until that and other poor design elements of these encounters are fixed, I’ll pass — and there’s no time limit on that.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I think most people will be forced to give up………………. I can’t even get out of overflow.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.