Wings of the sunless

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Anna Kruse.3941

Anna Kruse.3941

Wings of the sunless are…. THE coolest thing ever!!…..but they are flapping too kitten fast!
it gets so annoying so quickly

by any chance we can get an option to like. turn down the speed of the flapping by 50% or smthing. so ppl who like it as it is can keep it

im sure im not the only one almsot getting motion sickness from it. its so sad ruining such a awesome design because of smthing so small ^^

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I want to know if each boss week gives another pair. I want to use mine to really make my charr necro look like a demon but…

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i am still waiting for my angel’s wings

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

I want to know if each boss week gives another pair. I want to use mine to really make my charr necro look like a demon but…

What they need to do is make these event rewards work like the achievement chest rewards.

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Well at least something good came of this boss week heh. Been wanting to see fire imp wings, but these are close enough. Matches on my fire ele in flame/wrath t3 asura light. I agree, slower, they’re not butterfly wings. They reach a little high, too.

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

many ops before you have said the same thing, let me tell you it flaps just as fast the holo wings

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lethaliy.7035

Lethaliy.7035

After a few months away from the game. (I took a break after they butchered the thief class by nerfing revealed) I come back and see all these wings on people. My first thought is meh. To be honest I think they would be so much better if they didn’t constantly flap around. Say you’re standing still then the wings should be folded up like what a bird would do. You don’t see them flapping when perched.

But don’t leave them completely motionless though. It looks like you’re wearing plastic wings that don’t move. It also would have been cool if they flap up when you jump. I’m very picky with cosmetics.
Just my two cents. =\

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

To be honest I think they would be so much better if they didn’t constantly flap around. Say you’re standing still then the wings should be folded up like what a bird would do. You don’t see them flapping when perched.

Would be a resource hog. It’s one thing to have a model just constantly cycle an animation, but to make it smart will make your computer slow down. Then as you add more people to a given area, all having smart wings (heavily scripted no doubt), you are going to have a lot of problems. But just telling the item to cycle an animation from frame 0 to 100 then repeat, is very resource friendly.

Even making the wings move so fast, they are trying to save on resources. If they slowed them down (and I think they should), it would take more animation frames to make look smooth. But still, it’s not much more, far from making them smart.

If they cut the frames so that the wings don’t flap so high, then add more frames into the given cycle, it wouldn’t cost much more frames to slow them down while keeping the animation smooth.

(edited by Daywolf.2630)

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Is there any reason why we can’t get these wings on our alt’s too? I hate playing favourites with my characters. My main got the holo wings because well it was the first back item I got. Then these wings come out so again my main gets them because they suit her armour more than the holo wings did.

I’d like to put them on my other toons too but I can’t. Anet surely want to sell character slots but things like this amongst others are off putting.

In GW1 we could get the same festive hat etc. on all of our characters so obviously Anet had to put a stop to the ability to be creative with all our toons and mix and match.

Takes everything you love about……bunkum!

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

The wings are indeed cool, and I could also go for a slower animation.

Given the crazy workload at ArenaNet, I won’t hold my breath, but if an animator ever gets a chance to slow it down, I’m sure a lot of players would appreciate it.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

This ^.^

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

doesn’t really bother me.

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: bloodreign.1294

bloodreign.1294

Agree. I think they would look great on a Guardian.

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

It’s distracting but ah well, I love my wings anyhow. Think I’d be bored if they sat still for long periods of time.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: bloodreign.1294

bloodreign.1294

I don’t think the flapping is too bad. But I it is a little fast. And I do like the idea of controlling the flapping speed, Morrowind/Skyrim mods have these kind of features, why not this game?

What really gets me is when the wings go threw my armor when they flap down at the end of the animation.

Wings of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AmPremier.5312

AmPremier.5312

So is there so way to transfer the wings? The character that got it for me as the only one who was high enough level to get it (new player here) but it doesn’t fit the character at all. It says account bound, not character bound, so I figured they could be used by all characters