CAN WE PLEASE CHANGE Leader leaves party

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Joey Panda.8321

Joey Panda.8321

My party ….on more than one occasion has gotten to the end at the last boss…and then the leader decides to leave…therefore defeating over an hours worth of work….down the drain…no defeating boss no tokens….

If this in the game could get changed. I’m sure it’d be appreciated by many players….

who here agrees?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

Totally agree.

Had the same problem about 1h ago. 2 1/2h fight, we finally reach the boss and then the leader has to leave. I know RL always comes first (which is understandable) but the way it works right now is just terrible.

There should be a vote system to get a new leader imo (similar to the “kick” system). Finding a new leader automatically would work as well.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Oxe.6142

Oxe.6142

They should have removed this dysfunction when they released the LFG system.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Kaisharga.5647

Kaisharga.5647

Signed. Please no leader functions, just remove the “get ported out when the one who triggered the instance window leaves the party”

Arijani-(Engineer)/Hrothgar Ironblade-(Warrior)/Brynja Aardeth-(Elementalist)
Desolation EU [APR]

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: roque.5162

roque.5162

The party leader, (should call it host rather) is the one who opens the dungeon and hosts it for the entire party. The only way of opening the explorable paths is by sending someone who has cleared story mode, which I think is very reasonable. Sadly this is not like WoW party system, you can’t transfer the host to one character to another.
Understanding this is very important before complaining about the issue.

I’m sorry but if you want to avoid this, clear story and host it yourself if you’re sure nothing will come up. if not leave it to someone who does. Just make sure you coordinate before entering. I know what you’re going to say.. “well then revamp the system it sucks blah blah” I’d say no to this. It is annoying that if the leader suddenly leaves the party is screwed but other than that, it works perfectly with the kind of dungeons gw2 offers.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

The party leader, (should call it host rather) is the one who opens the dungeon and hosts it for the entire party. The only way of opening the explorable paths is by sending someone who has cleared story mode, which I think is very reasonable. Sadly this is not like WoW party system, you can’t transfer the host to one character to another.

I’m sorry but if you want to avoid this, clear story and host it yourself if you’re sure nothing will come up. if not leave it to someone who does. Just make sure you coordinate before entering. I know what you’re going to say.. “well then revamp the system it sucks blah blah” I’d say no to this. It is annoying that if the leader suddenly leaves the party is screwed but other than that, it works perfectly with the kind of dungeons gw2 offers.

I was under the impression that this happens regardless of if you’ve cleared story or not… Am I wrong? I’ve almost always been the one to start the group so I haven’t run into this.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: roque.5162

roque.5162

I was under the impression that this happens regardless of if you’ve cleared story or not… Am I wrong? I’ve almost always been the one to start the group so I haven’t run into this.

Yes, it does. What I meant to say is that, regardless if he/she cleared story or not, whoever walks into the dungeon first, hosts it. If that host leaves, the dungeon “crumbles.” We’re talking about an explorable path that can only be done after story is cleared by whoever is hosting the dungeon.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

… you can’t transfer the host to one character to another.

You didn’t explain anyting and put a false link between your two sentences. There is no justification to the “you can’t transfer the host from one character to another”.

It is indeed implemented this way in the guild wars server, but it could have been done differentely, it is just a matter of choice (being political, or technically easier to do this way) from ANet. And one year after the game release, this issue really should have been addressed.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Who ever enters first is the host and when they leave you all leave. Doesn’t have anything to with the party leader unless he was the one who went in first. But yes this needs to be fixed.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Jacks.5367

Jacks.5367

I remember this is what actually happened to me in the past but strangely not today.

Earlier on, my leader just rage quit but the quest is still going on when we look for new player.

Could this be a bug?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

Same thing happened to me. Maybe they changed it without telling us?

Let’s get some testing!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

No. It’s still based on who entered first. Just got kicked at boss because the ‘leader’ ragequit. >.<

Back to entering the dungeon myself every time, I guess.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

Well darn.

But, hey. Maybe we saw a glimpse of the future

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

Leader left on my first run kicking everyone so it’s still in effect even if it’s bugged.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

For over a year now many people have been frustrated with and had their evenings completely wasted by this mechanic. I thought the idea of this game was to work together with people we see outside of our comfort zones, or guilds. You know, to res people, to buff them with our out-of-party fields and regens and whatnot. But all this makes me do, is pull away from, and utterly despise having anything to do with anyone who isn’t in my guild.

LFG tool? Great, now it’s even easier to waste my time being kicked from dungeons after randomidiot.7645 decides he can’t be bothered to play anymore. Because of this mechanic, I have not and will not ever use the LFG tool, nor will I pug a dungeon.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Twitch.4635

Twitch.4635

agreed this should have been changed with the implementation of LFG tool.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Oxe.6142

Oxe.6142

FIX IT, ANet!!!!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I make no demands but I would like this mechanic changed. Also would like the ability to kick removed after x% of dungeon is completed. Final boss kicking is just dumb. Never happened to me, but cannot see the logic.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I think everyone should still be kicked if noone else has completed story. If someone else has though, then they should be cycled to leader.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

+1 I definately agree with this suggestion

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

+1 to the fixing auto-kick.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Absolutely agree. Other games have this since years. It’s something that simply shouln’t be a problem. It’s ridiculous for a title like GW2 really…

Just make it like in most other games, where you just give the ‘leader’ to another player if he leavs or the leader just can give his leadership to a different player (like in WoW). This has been a problem from the beginning and should be addressed. Maybe it’s harder to fix, be cause they have a different system. I don’t know.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Twilight Assault

tomlin.8204

I think everyone should still be kicked if noone else has completed story. If someone else has though, then they should be cycled to leader.

Why should you have done story mode to not get kicked from the dungeon you entered? You should either be allowed in the dungeon or not, and if it is, for some absurd reason, absolutely essential that you have to have story mode, then the story mode dungeons should be essential to the personal story, like Arah is.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Estevan.4065

Estevan.4065

Agreed, please Anet change it.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Maxluso.1289

Maxluso.1289

Plus why not implemente the teleport into dungeons from every where? Why need to be in the map? Whould be more plaisure to get inside the dungeon after group be completed.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

If the ‘instance’ owner leaves the whole party is kicked. It has been this way since launch. And still no fix.

It is way past time for a fix. The new LFG tool has just made the problem worse, really.

Nothing like toughening it out with a bunch of low level kitten in CM and showing them the ropes only to have the instance owner leave right at the last boss an hour later.

And starting the instance yourself will solve the problem, for you. But if everyone did this then there would be no parties. The issue needs to be fixed.

Just another way that my time is WASTED playing this game.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I only run guild parties as a rule and even then this is an issue. Not because someone’s a jerk, but because someone dc’s. With the large number of dc’s knocking people out these past days — boy was yesterday’s Teq fight on TC given extra adrenaline by wondering who would get to stay in the fight the whole time — the nicest instance host in the world with the best connection could still get booted by the game and wreck everyone’s run.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: incandescence.6784

incandescence.6784

Here! Here! It is ridiculous with this kind of dungeon content that the whole party should be kicked because the person who first entered the dungeon leaves.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Aidan.4602

Aidan.4602

+1 Good suggestion.

Aidan Vilesight, a Charr engineer – Desolation

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Amlin.6041

Amlin.6041

Actually let me add that for normal dungeons such as Cof, CoE and Arah, remove the locks. I hate having to waste my guests to find the one server if at all that has one open.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

+1 i wanted this since 2012 when fotm came out

Are you Shpongled?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: niteskate.3641

niteskate.3641

hi,

+1
After hours of new TA path the instance owner left at last boss. What on Tyria is an “instance owner” when everybody can invite, join, advertise a party??? Kill that concept and let the rest of the party members stay in the instance!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

+1

Lost an hour into the new TA path when the leader left (and we had no clue who entered first, it’s not like the leader is flagged in any way).

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Agrees with OP, not everyone else should be kicked out because the player who opened the dungeon left.

If i happen to be in a party where that happens unless it was an accident I black list the player immediately

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lightly.6843

Lightly.6843

Agreed…it’s very frustrating.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

As long as someone else in the group has done story mode, I agree.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My party ….on more than one occasion has gotten to the end at the last boss…and then the leader decides to leave…therefore defeating over an hours worth of work….down the drain…no defeating boss no tokens….

If this in the game could get changed. I’m sure it’d be appreciated by many players….

who here agrees?

This idea of changing this is simply too good. It’s just too good. I’m surprised they didn’t implement something as awesome as not being kicked when leader leaves yet. It’s just too good of an idea.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

It is a total failure of design that this closure of the instance is even possible. It has angered players on every occasion it has ever happened and it will continue to anger players until it is fixed. It should be fixed by now. It will be inevitably be fixed in the future. It is just an embarrassment to the game while it continues.

(edited by Stooperdale.3560)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

It is a total failure of design that this closure of the instance is even possible. It has angered players on every occasion it has ever happened and it will continue to anger players until it is fixed. It should be fixed by now. It will be inevitably be fixed in the future. It is just an embarrassment to the game while it continues.

It should have been fixed a long time ago but they have different priorities like making sure people come back to check out the new stuff in the gem shop every two weeks.

Yes that was a jab at the biweekly, sub-par content spam produced for LS.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

Most likely there is a reason for that.

Most dungeons(except for the event ones and fotm) require the leader to have done story mode in order to access exp mode.

For the above reason, that is most likely why this dysfunctional system is still here.

However a simple solution to that is for the game to automatically assign a new leader that has done story mode for that dungeon and only when no one is eligible for doing exp mode(i.e no one has done story mode except for the leader that left) the party should be kicked out of the dungeon.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: irishwalrus.5162

irishwalrus.5162

I totally agree with this. Enough said.

Groknar Ironcrack- The Emperor

in Twilight Assault

tomlin.8204

Most dungeons(except for the event ones and fotm) require the leader to have done story mode in order to access exp mode.

For the above reason, that is most likely why this dysfunctional system is still here.

However a simple solution to that is for the game to automatically assign a new leader that has done story mode for that dungeon and only when no one is eligible for doing exp mode(i.e no one has done story mode except for the leader that left) the party should be kicked out of the dungeon.

Still an absolutely terrible system. If you are allowed into the dungeon in the first place, there is absolutely NO reason why you should be ejected from it because of someone quitting or disconnecting. It’s ridiculous.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

Still an absolutely terrible system. If you are allowed into the dungeon in the first place, there is absolutely NO reason why you should be ejected from it because of someone quitting or disconnecting. It’s ridiculous.

That is most likely a limitation put by ANET so ppl that havn’t done story mode gain easy access to exp mode by getting someone that has done story mode and then kicking him to get another party member and by that having a full party of ppl that havn’t done story mode but still doing exp mode

in Twilight Assault

tomlin.8204

That is most likely a limitation put by ANET so ppl that havn’t done story mode gain easy access to exp mode by getting someone that has done story mode and then kicking him to get another party member and by that having a full party of ppl that havn’t done story mode but still doing exp mode

I don’t understand why it’s essential to do story mode in the first place. I think it should be abolished completely and just let everyone run explorable, but if it must be this way, then make it so you can’t enter at all unless you’ve done story mode. But to say “You can enter and play this content on the condition that whoever started the dungeon doesn’t rage quit or disconnect” is pretty silly. Don’t you agree?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Needs to be changed.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“That is most likely a limitation put by ANET so ppl that havn’t done story mode gain easy access to exp mode by getting someone that has done story mode and then kicking him to get another party member and by that having a full party of ppl that havn’t done story mode but still doing exp mode”

It could be that, or perhaps dungeons being attached to the server of the opening player. Either way it is a still an internal design problem they should never have allowed to reach the game itself. Designers are meant to design these things better.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

We got lucky… our dungeon-enterer simply logged out on the final boss, permitting us the chance to kill him with 4 people instead of the recommended 5.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

who here agrees?

I totally agree. Happened many times to me too. Arena wants us to waste time more so we do less and thus play their game longer.

Are you Shpongled?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: KiwiSoda.9480

KiwiSoda.9480

make
1. story complete flag visible (to the player himself and the group)
2. when the host leaves, someone has flag can take over host

problem solved.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s funny that every week, there are inevitably two threads in the forums:

• I got kicked from a dungeon at the last second so that the other players could invite a guildmate/sell my spot.
  • I got kicked from a dungeon because the instance owner left the party.

The solution to the first thread’s problem is to be the instance owner of the dungeon so if they kick you, they get kicked themselves.

:)