'Expansion' reduces playable content?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

So we get a new level 80 dungeon path that removes a level 55 dungeon path and rewards tokens for level 55 rares/level 80 exotics. Did anybody consider that this reduces the dungeon paths available to lower levels and limits the paths for a level 55 to get rares (or save up for exotics) to 2? (and these rewards are now daily per account not character)

Are we patching out low level content because we don’t expect to get any new accounts? I don’t get it…

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

I didn’t read anything about removing the path, only that a level 80 one was being added?

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Sutcliffe.5491

Sutcliffe.5491

So we get a new level 80 dungeon path that removes a level 55 dungeon path and rewards tokens for level 55 rares/level 80 exotics. Did anybody consider that this reduces the dungeon paths available to lower levels and limits the paths for a level 55 to get rares (or save up for exotics) to 2? (and these rewards are now daily per account not character)

Are we patching out low level content because we don’t expect to get any new accounts? I don’t get it…

I dun think there are much lvl 55 people whom will go farm takitten in the first place…..
It’s so hard to find a pug doing takitten and even more difficult to find one whom accepts a lvl 55 for that path

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Always gotta be someone complaining about something.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

It’s so hard to find a pug doing takitten and even more difficult to find one whom accepts a lvl 55 for that path

I accept anyone in my groups; I even join random pugs that look like they are having a difficult time finding enough players for a group fairly often.

Sure, you have some elitist kittens from time to time, but I’ve never really seen them do things that much better than most pugs; being elitist just means being boring and not good enough to help others out. It really only takes like 20 seconds to bring a player up to speed on what they should do in most cases; omg 20 more seconds whatever will we do?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Did anybody consider that this reduces the dungeon paths available to lower levels

Up/Left was the only path underlevels could really do in there.

I hate everything about TA…. it’s the only dungeon I avoid completely. So I say good riddance. ….But I do agree with the opponents of this plan, that the Dev’s justification (if it can even be called that) is probably even worse balanced and full of buggy logic than the path itself was lately

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Did anybody consider that this reduces the dungeon paths available to lower levels

Up/Left was the only path underlevels could really do in there.

I hate everything about TA…. it’s the only dungeon I avoid completely. So I say good riddance. ….But I do agree with the opponents of this plan, that the Dev’s justification (if it can even be called that) is probably even worse balanced and full of buggy logic than the path itself was lately

Up/Left? Uh what? There’s only Forward/Forward, Forward/Up, or Up/Up.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

You have got to be kidding by saying it’s possible to do the F/U path on a level 55 character… Even though the dungeon allows you in, you’ll never beat the final boss with the little damage you have.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

The final boss is about dodging a telegraphed attack or just use projectile destruction/reflection utilities (and no, these aren’t limited to guardians and mesmers). It’s not impossible, it’s not even hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

The final boss is about dodging a telegraphed attack or just use projectile destruction/reflection utilities (and no, these aren’t limited to guardians and mesmers). It’s not impossible, it’s not even hard.

It was “hard” because they 1) removed the cap on spider spawns (not a big issue imo) and more importantly 2) didn’t despawn the adds on a wipe… if one of those 2 things were done (i’d prefer 2 than 1) then the fight wouldn’t even be that bad because it’d be really easy to try again.

I’m still kitten ed that the path was removed in the first place…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Always gotta be someone complaining about something.

….or someone complaining about someone complaining about something…..

There is plenty for all players to do between LVL 55 and 80….and nobody will be 55 for any length of time (certainly not if you are farming dungeons for armor).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I rarely see people run TA low level and the rewards weren’t really for low levels anyway. I don’t really see what the issue is.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: shambo.3842

shambo.3842

i dont see it as a loss. i havent been there in a long time

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Syncourt.5906

Syncourt.5906

This absolutely sucks.

I’m really beginning to lose faith in this game getting any better in the future for PvE. Whoever is in charge of making all these decisions on the game’s PvE direction needs to take a good hard look at the game they’ve made so far and what the PvE really lacks. Most especially at the amount of permanant group content worth doing.

In a game where the main criticism is in the lacking amount of PvE content, it’s a clear sign that you shouldn’t be wasting time on the temporary ‘filler’ content we see in the living story. Not that it’s bad to have, it is a good idea BUT you need to build up enough permanent content before you can start wasting time on stuff that will only be removed after a month.

It gets even worse when the living story content is typically rushed so much trying to push out constant filler content each month that the content isn’t actually very fun to do. People rush to do them and check off limited time rewards and achievements, then ditch the content completely. Often just glad the whole thing is over and they can forget about it.

Holiday event’s are a different story as they re-occur. They are likely to have more work added to them to enhance their quality on return (like SAB for example).

Dungeons on the other hand, people go back to. The true dungeon fans in the game who play them just for fun enjoyed most of TA’s f/u path even if the final boss was rather dull. It was still a very playable path and enjoyable if you knew how to deal with it all. I play every dungeon because I just enjoy them. f/u was nowhere near content worth removing and was just another path I ran just for kicks. One fight was it’s only downfall and that wasn’t even a big problem. It was dull but nothing a couple of tiny tweaks wouldn’t take care of.

The real reason nobody played it though? Because apparently in this game, all of the challenging/long dungeons give poor rewards. People won’t go through difficulty on a regular basis for a pat on the back. Especially with options like CoF. One of – if not the easiest dungeons in the game and yet the most rewarding. If it weren’t for CoF path 3 giving tokens used for zerker gear, I bet people would play that one just as little as TA f/u. I can’t believe that the people running this show can’t yet see that everything comes down to the rewards when talking about the number of people participating in PvE content.

If Anet are so willing to throw away TA f/u so easily while also deleting some really fun dungeon content like the Molten Facility after a month, i really fear for the future of the game. Will they remove other content I enjoy just because a lot of people didn’t like it? Have they even clued on to the fact that permanent dungeon content is completely lacking? How many more years are we going to be running the exact same dungeons for? Are they ever going to make the other dungeons that I like playing somewhat rewarding and give me viable choices of where I would like to earn my gold?

So far I’m not seeing anything really convincing. I’m at the point where I expected the new TA path to be temporary. Then I find it only gets worse as they remove an already functioning part of the game that was at least some form of the content which we lack. Then the decision to make it level 80 instead of the 55 that it was replacing, all seemingly in some strange way to make it look more like ‘end game’ content. We have level scaling for a reason, it didn’t have to be 80.

This isn’t additional content. This isn’t even a replacement. Anet has effectively removed content from anybody between level 55-79 and given a replacement to level 80s. There is no dressing that up. This is simply a horrible design decision and has not helped the lacking content situation at hand for people like myself who enjoyed f/u.