Snowflake drops??

Snowflake drops??

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

Is it just me or are snowflake drops almost non-existent this year? I’ve been struggling to get any at all and I hit up those presents and toypoc every day.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

Snowflake drops??

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Only place I remember getting snowflakes is from opening gifts. I’m not sure if they come from anywhere else but I’ve gotten quite a few that way.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Snowflake drops??

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve gotten a lot more snowflakes than anything else (other than socks, sweaters and hats) from gifts. You may be having a run of poor luck. =(

Snowflake drops??

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’ve gotten… a decent number of snowflakes, I guess. They weren’t all that common last year and it seems that they aren’t this year either, but I haven’t noticed a major difference between the drop rates compared to last. Perhaps its slightly lower just because there are more items in the boxes now (ascended items, essence of luck) so you get other stuff more often.

Snowflake drops??

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

All I was getting were the flawless snowflakes from the giant presents. But the other snowflakes only drop in small/medium/large presents.

So I used the socks, hats, and sweaters from the giants to buy the other presents. Open those, and I get the other snowflakes. (In small amounts, mind, but from what I’ve seen, they don’t drop from mobs at all.)

Snowflake drops??

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

I can definitely say, for me at least, the drops on them from the gifts are much much lower than last year. And if this is a string of bad luck, it’s the longest string of bad luck I’ve ever seen. It’s been this way the entire holiday. Oh and btw they do drop from mobs, but only the toys.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

Snowflake drops??

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

There are snowflake drops? O.o

Seriously though, the drops are pretty horrendous. If you spend 250 shirts on presents that you open, you get like 6 shirts and 1 blood dust back. And maybe a melted snowflake.

Snowflake drops??

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

As usual, the best thing to do is farm for gold (dungeons/champ trains) and buy off the TP.

Snowflake drops??

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Tiny Snowflakes can be exchanged directly from the gift vendors, or found in Small Wintersday Gifts.

Other higher tier Snowflakes can be found in the progressively higher Gifts, with Flawless Snowflakes coming from the Giant Wintersday Gifts.

Wintersday toys out in the open world also rarely drop Snowflakes as loot, scaled to the map you’re in. (I got a Unique Snowflake from a Toy Soldier in Harathi Hinterlands.)

The rarest one seems to be Pristine Snowflakes, as I’ve only ever gotten them from Personalized Wintersday Gifts (which may explain why they’re twice the price of any other Snowflake). I’ve heard they may drop from Large Wintersday Gifts too, but I’ve only ever gotten Uniques from those.

Snowflake drops??

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Where are the gifts? I don’t see any.

Snowflake drops??

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

very rarely I’ve gotten snowflakes as drops from the mobs inside the presents. Overall though, snowflakes seem very rare.

Snowflake drops??

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I’ve gotten lots of snowflakes from farming gifts in the bell choir activity and wintersday jumping puzzle.

Snowflake drops??

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Snowflakes are pretty easy to come by once we realize they are coupled to gift sizing. For getting gifts, I used up all my sPvP glory to buy lots of them from the merchant in the mist. Toypoc and Bell choir are pretty fast at farming gifts too. We can’t all just buy off the TP. We need to generate supply to even have some to sell

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Snowflake drops??

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Snowflakes are pretty easy to come by once we realize they are coupled to gift sizing. For getting gifts, I used up all my sPvP glory to buy lots of them from the merchant in the mist. Toypoc and Bell choir are pretty fast at farming gifts too. We can’t all just buy off the TP. We need to generate supply to even have some to sell

If you have to purchase them, they aren’t ‘gifts’.

Snowflake drops??

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

We can’t all just buy off the TP. We need to generate supply to even have some to sell

Since the collectible increase, I’ve been hoarding mine. XD Bought up a bunch of Flawless Snowflakes in preparation for my T6 crafting wave. (Since Giver’s can’t be made into Ascended gear, I’m saving my T6 mats for that stage.)