Convince me to make an asura

in Asura

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I got one of those items that boost a character to 20, this will be my third character (first was a sylvari mesmer, second charr warrior) and I want to place a different race and looked at asura.

They seem neat, but I’m not totally sold yet, CONVINCE ME AT ONCE.

in Asura

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

They are small, and pack as much punch as a norn.

They don’t get their clothes dirty when they dodge; they never let anything but their feet touch the ground—they’re too good for that.

Their animations are amazing. Staff guardians pole dance, they do amazing somersaults through the air with their hammers. Warriors 100b is simply delightful.

All skills on elementalist look stunning.

All necromancer sayings are just hilarious

“I’ve made life! …of a sort.” (Summoning Minion)
“Each more hideous than the last!” (Summoning Minion)
“Now there’s a good monstrosity!” (Summoning Minion)
“Arise, my brainless, arise!” (Summoning Minion)
“I should work on making those last longer.” (A minion dies)
“I suppose I can make an another one.”
“I will miss you always… You nameless thing.”

They have some of the best cultural armors.

They are little Napoleon geniuses. They are brutal, calculating, and largely under estimated.

Their infinity ball story line is extremely entertaining. It’s not goodie goodie like humans and they’re not dumb like Norns.

Mini pets are often larger than they are. Ranger pets, apart form birds, are always bigger.

They’re the best.

Long love the Asura!

Need anything else?

#ConvincingWithPics

Attachments:

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

(edited by LittleLepton.8915)

in Asura

Posted by: jdimanna.4078

jdimanna.4078

Not to mention they are the easiest to complete jumping puzzles with because of their height, or lack there of.

in Asura

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

Asura basically control Tyria, those small little geniuses.

besides that all animations are brilliant seriously a lot more detailed and much more awesome than any other race.

our weapons and gear are small, very true but we can look more bad kitten than anyone imho with the right dye’s whats scarier a big hulking norn or a small goblin cough, Asura who hacks at your ankles and uses gravity to hit harder, faster, stronger then laughs like a crazy little kitten?

in Asura

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

They are small, and pack as much punch as a norn.

They don’t get their clothes dirty when they dodge; they never let anything but their feet touch the ground—they’re too good for that.

Their animations are amazing. Staff guardians pole dance, they do amazing somersaults through the air with their hammers. Warriors 100b is simply delightful.

All skills on elementalist look stunning.

All necromancer sayings are just hilarious

“I’ve made life! …of a sort.” (Summoning Minion)
“Each more hideous than the last!” (Summoning Minion)
“Now there’s a good monstrosity!” (Summoning Minion)
“Arise, my brainless, arise!” (Summoning Minion)
“I should work on making those last longer.” (A minion dies)
“I suppose I can make an another one.”
“I will miss you always… You nameless thing.”

They have some of the best cultural armors.

They are little Napoleon geniuses. They are brutal, calculating, and largely under estimated.

Their infinity ball story line is extremely entertaining. It’s not goodie goodie like humans and they’re not dumb like Norns.

Mini pets are often larger than they are. Ranger pets, apart form birds, are always bigger.

They’re the best.

Long love the Asura!

Need anything else?

#ConvincingWithPics

You have made a good argument, so I will follow up with another question! If I were to make a midget, what class should Ibe out of these choices? Ele, Necro or Ranger?

in Asura

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

I main an Asura elementalist. And I love it. I love the weapons, (able to use all elementalist weapons to maximum benefit) and their dialogue is fabulous.

Necromancer is tied with ranger to me, rangers can have some amazing gear choices, but necromancers can be made to look absolutely amazing with the right colors, gears, and … Well it’s really tough to choose.

I’d say elementalist, though. Because it is my favorite class and I started it as an elementalist.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

in Asura

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

Simple, if you choose to play as any race other than asura, you are choosing to be a slave to the asura. Do you want to be a part of the superior race, or do you want to be a slave? Seems like an easy choice to me.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in Asura

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

Playing as Asura only helps to stop playing it.

Roll a Charr and show everybody your oversized ego.

in Asura

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Playing as Asura only helps to stop playing it.

Roll a Charr and show everybody your oversized ego.

Haters gonna hate.

Asura are the real deal

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

Convince you to make an asura? Why would you want to make anything other than an asura?

Human? Bland, boring, easily CC’d by shiny objects.
Norn? Only slightly more intelligent than the rocks outside my lab, overcompensating.
Sylvari? Just because I like salad doesn’t mean I want to be one.
Charr? Should be attached in harnesses dragging heavy machinery, not driving it. Also, wet fur. Eww.

Asura. Not only the best choice, they’re really the only choice.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

in Asura

Posted by: Silver Moons.1372

Silver Moons.1372

1. Asura cute
2. Asura smart
3. Asura doesn’t eats a lesser portion compared to other races
4. They adorable
5. They make you feel as though you’re running faster than you actually are
6. They can have long floppy ears, large beady eyes and an adorable nose
7. They wear swimsuits under their armour
8. Their cuteness is a great defence for them especially in WVW
9. Apparently for some people, its hard to spot asura because they’re small and their name is somewhat descaled ..? (Totally doubt this one but sounds cool)
10. The dance moves that are bought on Black Lion Gemstore are adorable on asura, especially the “Inventory shuffle”.
11. Adorable and cute hairstyles + new punk..ish ones.
12. Apparently the guardian asura does a pole dance o_O
13. They are really good at hiding in WVW towers
14. Ever try gathering a bunch of asura’s and standing in a line or dance? if you haven’t do it. Cuteness explosion.
15. Stand next to a quaggan with your asura – omg! Adorable much
16. As an asura.. you can say carry me human! Like literally type it out and see some fun.

Asura tired. Asura go sleep…
Carry asura

in Asura

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

You learn how to fight Asura players if you create one of your own. Otherwise, you are left to guess the tactics that come with their size: to catch a rat, you gotta think like a rat. :P

in Asura

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I see far too much typing for what has been asked. I can sum it up in 4 letters.

E A R S

in Asura

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Asura. Not only the best choice, they’re really the only choice.

This is absolutely true.

Personally I am probably going to finish off the achievements on human/charr then delete those characters so I can make more asura /shrug.

in Asura

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Asura are like living teddy bears. They’re so adorable, even the males.

in Asura

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Big brain, bigger ego, funniest emotes and animations in game. Not to mention that any multi-strike Sword/Greatsword attack is an aerial death-ballet. And, the Infinity Ball storyline. Oh, the Infinity Ball storyline!

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Asura

Posted by: Tarreth.8914

Tarreth.8914

Do NOT make an asura.

“We fight to live and we live to fight”

in Asura

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

They are not for everyone. The real question is are you worthy?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Asura

Posted by: Narthexia.1836

Narthexia.1836

Their NPC’s are always interesting and amusing.

in Asura

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

I hear that Asura smell like cabbage.
Cabbage smells bad.
Roll Charr instead. Not only do they not smell like cabbage, but they also do not eat cabbage.
Steak FTW.

in Asura

Tarreth.8914

This kind person just won this website. Hail to the Legions!

in Asura

Posted by: PacoXI.7690

PacoXI.7690

If we have to convince you then you don’t deserve to play an Asura!

bookah.

in Asura

This kind person just won this website. Hail to the Legions!

Someone mistakes an Asura for a Sylvari and you think that makes him the winner of this site?

I guess that’s the kind of intelect we can expect from a Charr

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Asura

Tarreth.8914

Got a problem? Say it to my face, midget!

Now seriously. Give me one reason, that asuras are cool.

in Asura

Got a problem? Say it to my face, midget!

Now seriously. Give me one reason, that asuras are cool.

Cool is a subjective term. I can give you my reasons, but they are most definitely not your own. Especially since you are extremely pro charr, given your comment history.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

Tarreth.8914

You’re correct. I don’t like asuran technology. It’s connections to magic are too big to be avoided, which puts asuran engines in a very… fragile point.

in Asura

Posted by: Narthexia.1836

Narthexia.1836

And yet you step through our gates..

in Asura

Tarreth.8914

Sometimes it’s just needed. And even if I use means not that I trust.

in Asura

Posted by: Ironbars.4760

Ironbars.4760

all will serve the Asura

in Asura

Posted by: Ironbars.4760

Ironbars.4760

Cabbage smells bad.
Roll Charr instead. Not only do they not smell like cabbage, but they also do not eat cabbage.
Steak FTW.

I think you mean Sylvari

in Asura

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

Cabbage smells bad.
Steak FTW.

I think you mean Sylvari

I was under the impression that Sylvari have a strong basil scent with a hint of rosehips.

in Asura

Cabbage smells bad.
Steak FTW.

I think you mean Sylvari

I was under the impression that Sylvari have a strong basil scent with a hint of rosehips.

Among other things.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

Its funny,I’ve always made human characters in mmo’s. But for some reason i went straight to the Asura race and love the little guy more than any character i’ve ever made in a mmo. Love the way he talks and runs or even walks. Whenever i’m in a city hub i have him just walking around while everyone else is running. The laughing and dances moves are the best. Asura’s seem to have that extra something in them compared to the other races.

in Asura

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Otherwise, you are left to guess the tactics that come with their size: to catch a rat, you gotta think like a rat. :P

Why technologically advanced races have to be short rat with big lightbulb heads and ridiculous walking/running animations in every game ?

in Asura

Otherwise, you are left to guess the tactics that come with their size: to catch a rat, you gotta think like a rat. :P

Why technologically advanced races have to be short rat with big lightbulb heads and ridiculous walking/running animations in every game ?

When you lack physical prowess, you need intelligence to compensate

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

Kulvar.1239

Charrs are stronger than Humans AND more advanced than them.

Races haven’t to be perfectly equals lore-sided. Also you can make a race lacking physical abilities without making them rat-like. And intelligent races didn’t need lightbulb heads.

in Asura

Races haven’t to be perfectly equals lore-sided.

The key part being “don’t have to be”.
If we can have gigantic hairy bullcat beasts like the Charr. We can have a small cute gremlin race as well. And unlike the Charr, the Asura actually need this technological superiority. They don’t have anything else. The Charr were already strong before they entered the industrial age. The reason humans are so underpowered is because they controlled most of Tyria in gw1, and Anet needed to make room for the other races so they basically nerfed the entire human race.

Also when it comes to technology, the charr are one big plothole imo.
It makes no sense they would advance from tribals to a civilization this advanced without any of the other races advancing one bit.

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Asura

Kulvar.1239

There’s places IRL where you have high advanced technology and other places where no technology exists at all. There’s also places where they regress (like North Korea).

There’s a big difference between equals and identical. Also, my sentence wasn’t about the idea that an intelligent race have to be physically weak or strong (they may be both), but why races are so human (Norns are the worst case) ?

It’s not like the first star trek episodes where aliens are humans with strange noses, ears, or eyebrows because it’s the best they can do. This was many decades ago.

in Asura

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

Within the Asura Storyline you will come to a point where you witness a lecture. And during this one of the speakers gives out the following speech:

Cepha: An exhasustive study of Tyrian physiognomy lead me to derive what I call the Cepha’s Constant.
Cepha: Multiplied by the mean ratio of body mass to brain size, it yields an important racial metric.
Cepha: Namely, said race’s importance as a factor in the Eternal Alchemy.
Cepha: Asura scored highest, naturally. Then, in descending order, we have sylvari, charr, human, and norn.

Now whats interesting about this speech is that what they are referring too (mass of body to brain size ratio) was actually mentioned recently in a NOVA part 1 of 3 special last week as an interesting hypothesis about animal intelligence. The link to the series is here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/nature/inside-animal-minds.html
I mention this link for those players who might wish to see how game dialog may be similar to some essences of reality, when one looks at the science.

Mind you the Nova special is about real life, and not in game life. But all Asurans in game understand that they are naturally superior to the other lesser races. They just can’t help themselves <grins>. Either way… have fun what ever race you are playing.

in Asura

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

Make an Asura because they are cheap to play. Unlike those other races we look cute in any outfit, but the other lot have to buy outfits to make themselves look passable.

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

in Asura

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I got one of those items that boost a character to 20, this will be my third character (first was a sylvari mesmer, second charr warrior) and I want to place a different race and looked at asura.

They seem neat, but I’m not totally sold yet, CONVINCE ME AT ONCE.

Because you can make some ugly asuras.

And in a game where everyone can be beautiful, there is nothing more valuable than ugliness. This makes them better than humans.

(and GS warrior is best played with Asura)

Just remember that Asura are cold blooded control-freak amphibians. DO NOT make them cute. They shouldn’t be cute.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Asura

Just remember that Asura are cold blooded control-freak amphibians. DO NOT make them cute. They shouldn’t be cute.

They are already cute and they should be. Also they are not cold blooded or amphibians.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

Kulvar.1239

Asura aren’t Hylek or Quaggan… They’re not amphibians Oo
Also the’re hot blooded Asura too… No control-freak Asura too…

Please stop with cliché!

in Asura

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Within the Asura Storyline you will come to a point where you witness a lecture. And during this one of the speakers gives out the following speech:

Cepha: An exhasustive study of Tyrian physiognomy lead me to derive what I call the Cepha’s Constant.
Cepha: Multiplied by the mean ratio of body mass to brain size, it yields an important racial metric.
Cepha: Namely, said race’s importance as a factor in the Eternal Alchemy.
Cepha: Asura scored highest, naturally. Then, in descending order, we have sylvari, charr, human, and norn.

Now whats interesting about this speech is that what they are referring too (mass of body to brain size ratio) was actually mentioned recently in a NOVA part 1 of 3 special last week as an interesting hypothesis about animal intelligence. The link to the series is here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/nature/inside-animal-minds.html
I mention this link for those players who might wish to see how game dialog may be similar to some essences of reality, when one looks at the science.

Mind you the Nova special is about real life, and not in game life. But all Asurans in game understand that they are naturally superior to the other lesser races. They just can’t help themselves <grins>. Either way… have fun what ever race you are playing.

Not to dispute the point being made, but it bothered me that Cepha was introduced as a student of phrenology instead of a real branch of science…

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in Asura

redslion.9675

Asura aren’t Hylek or Quaggan… They’re not amphibians Oo
Also the’re hot blooded Asura too… No control-freak Asura too…

Please stop with cliché!

That would be cool, not cliché

It’s much more cliché to have the small, kawaii race.

in Asura

You say it like it’s a bad thing.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

redslion.9675

It is a bad thing that races have to follow clichés

in Asura

Almost every race in every game has a whole bunch of clichés. Gw2 is no exception.
There is nothing wrong with Asura being cute.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

redslion.9675

Almost every race in every game has a whole bunch of clichés. Gw2 is no exception.
There is nothing wrong with Asura being cute.

Well, they have been advertised as being designed to be cute only at a first glance, but having traits similar to reptiles. That was nice.

And I fear GW2, who hyped itself as the grand savior, the MMORPG who would have changed everything and overthrown all we knew about other MMORPGs, can’t afford to have the same cliché races.

in Asura

Posted by: Mazzy.3176

Mazzy.3176

They remind me of a cross between Yoda and Stitch… Sold?