Funniest Asura combat animations?

in Asura

Posted by: Mashugana.2843

Mashugana.2843

Q:

I am new and I have now seen how awesome Asura look in combat – which profession has the funniest or best animations? I’d love to try Asura and they make me laugh.

For example, I saw a warrior use his two handed sword – the fact that they carry it over their shoulder and then flip in the air when they attack cracked me up. I saw an Asura Guardian hover in the air using sword/shield while sending waves of light at their opponent.

Lost of animations are just like the other races (pistol, rifle). Are there any Elementalist, Mesmer, etc. animations that just make you smile?

Thanks for the advice to help me pick the Asura profession with the best combat humor. I am a data analyst – I need all the humor I can get

“From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere” – Dr. Seuss

in Asura

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Asura pole dance they do when they cast channel skills with a staff. XD

in Asura

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

I love my Asura necro! The animation when he uses an axe is my favourite. The asura minion related comments are also great.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

in Asura

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

The Asura pole dance they do when they cast channel skills with a staff. XD

This one is pretty good, but I also like…

Evasion.

Heartseeker.
Death Blossom.
Twisting Fangs.
Hundred Blades/Blurred Frenzy/Pistol Whip.

in Asura

Posted by: Calypso.2578

Calypso.2578

Ahh, the good ol’ pole dance. Doin’ it for my team! LOL. Dat Empower.

Guardian torch 5.

Thief S/D – not targetting anything and pressing 1-1-1-1-1-1-1. My little shanker’s ears flop all over the place. <3

Bow! Either longbow or frost bow. The release animation is adorable.

Healing allies. ^^ Rub rub rub.

The non-combat emotes are cute. The female asura scream when /surprised. XD

Mesmer GS auto attack.

Mesmer Staff auto attack.

Ok, I’m going to just stop here cuz I’ll keep going. XD

Kaalypzo ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

in Asura

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Lost of animations are just like the other races (pistol, rifle). Are there any Elementalist, Mesmer, etc. animations that just make you smile?

Actually their animations for even basic weapons are not the same as other races, it just appears that way from a distance. If you zoom in with your camera on their face, you will see that they are making all kinds of crazy facial expressions.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

in Asura

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

an example of Asura necro autoattack with axe/dagger.

Attachments:

in Asura

Posted by: Venthus.6137

Venthus.6137

I like the Ranger GS1 animation. First time I saw it— swing… swing… freakoutpanicflail… swing…

in Asura

Posted by: Kakapo.5230

Kakapo.5230

Asura warrior greatsword is excellent. Their idle stance when wielding a bow is cute, too.

in Asura

Posted by: Gean.1279

Gean.1279

I guess it was… “reach and flexibility”?

Attachments:

in Asura

Posted by: Libertine Lush.1320

Libertine Lush.1320

Two of my favorites:

1) Engineer’s Poisin Dart Volley. While it channels, the Asuran’s face quickly becomes crazed and fevered. It’s surprising, a little violent and very cute.
2) Engineer’s Regenerating Mist. The Asuran assumes a gladiatorial pose, belting into the sky and bares its little dinosaur teeth.

Attachments:

in Asura

Posted by: Wolfe.9850

Wolfe.9850

One of my personal favourites is Mesmer Sword-Main Hand Skill #2, “Blurred Frenzy”.

You jump a few feet into the air, then start basically flailing your sword around before plopping back down onto your feet a several seconds later.

in Asura

Posted by: Gabe.6810

Gabe.6810

Ele Dagger Air 1 is pretty funny- you flail around like nobody’s business.
Ele dagger earth 4 is really funny too- you do this little front flip and pretend like pounding the ground will actually do something.

Thief D/D 3 is pretty hilarious too especially since you don’t make the full jump over most mobs.

in Asura

Posted by: Spyritdragon.6048

Spyritdragon.6048

I personally love the way they bounce everywhere when you start and stop running :P.
Currently going to do a bit of.. research ^-^

I guess it was… “reach and flexibility”?

Ohmygod what animation is that xD

in Asura

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Melee weapons will provide the most movement and likely the most amusement, but IMO the best animations aren’t from weapons. I love the general movement (walk, run, stop, jump, dodge).

Many of the weapon animations are reused between different professions, for example mesmer’s blurred frenzy and guardians zealot’s defense have the same physical movement with different particle SFX. Among the funniest/coolest are hundred blades (warrior) and death blossom (thief).

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

(edited by GreyWraith.8394)

in Asura

Posted by: Roseberry.8912

Roseberry.8912

Turns out my elementalist has an incredible talented for winter-sports, she doesn’t even need skis or a snowboard to preform her tricks!
She seems terrified about her magical skills tho! XD

Attachments:

in Asura

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

Not necissarily a combat animation, or even a single animation, but tapping left and right strafe keys while having heavy weapons or kits equipped produces a funny little dance animation for Asura’s. If you time it just right it looks like a single fluid dance animation.

Works especially great with boombox.

in Asura

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

Surprised this isn’t mentioned, but my personal favorite, and funniest animation IMO is when asuras sidestep with a staff drawn and stops. They look like little sumo wrestlers!

Another one I like is the walking animations with one handed weapons drawn. They waddle like penguins xD

Edit: They aren’t class specific, but something to keep in mind what weapons you use :P

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

(edited by Colt.9051)