Fang of the Serpent in Hoelbrak...

in Lore

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Is there/will there be any more in-depth involvement with the Fang of the Serpent? All there is to it is that it was broken from jormag’s mouth by asgeir.
I really haven’t done much of the Norn storyline, but all i know is that beigarth wanted to craft a weapon from deldrimor steel in hopes of breaking the tooth.
Was it broken later on in the storyline, or not? and i’m just curious about it and the progression of the living story, even though the tooth currently has no little to no connection with the story yet.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It really doesn’t play a role yet. I think in the personal story, it’s just that step mentioned. The Living Story has been adamantly avoiding the Elder Dragons (closest we got is Tequatl Rising update). The tooth is likely to come back into the story once ArenaNet is ready to go after Jormag, since the chipping of the tooth is treated by the norn as the signal for the norn to head back north and retake their lands.

Incidentally, we now have Deldrimor Steel in the form of Ascended weapons…

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

During the personal story you won’t be able to break it, it isn’t even tried.
In the lore it is said that when someone break it then the time to kill Jormag arrived.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Lore

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Even Eir had a go at it without making a dent. (in Edge of Destiny novel)

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Lore

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

It is said if the tooth is ever destroyed all norn will march on Jormag. Making the first Norn army ever….

in Lore

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

It is said if the tooth is ever destroyed all norn will march on Jormag. Making the first Norn army ever….

Lore-wise a Norn army would be the most devastating thing that ever happened in Tyria, including awakening of elder dragons

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Lore

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

I think the breaking of the tooth will open the Jormag expansion. So yeah, nothing until we get something like that.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Either that, or the destrcution of all alcoholic beverages in their vicinity

in Lore

Posted by: JerekLo.5893

JerekLo.5893

I hope when that time comes Ogden’s there, standing on a hill over looking them.

“Finally, kitten it!”

Jerek Lo | Singh | Slagg Blackclaw | Wilhelm von Wilhelm | Viscerious
Sorrow’s Furnace
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in Lore

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

I hope when that time comes Ogden’s there, standing on a hill over looking them.

“Finally, kitten it!”

By Ogden’s Hammer, What Savings!

in Lore

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Lore-wise a Norn army would be the most devastating thing that ever happened in Tyria, including awakening of elder dragons

Can you imagine the after party? A moot that size would destroy the world far quicker than any of the dragons.

in Lore

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Can you imagine the after party? A moot that size would destroy the world far quicker than any of the dragons.

Jormags after party will be truly insane