New theory on Scarlet

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Posted by: Zelkovan.2630

Zelkovan.2630

This is my personal theory on what Scarlet saw and what she is trying to do. I won’t go into every little detail of everything she has done, as when I originally drafted that it was a really long paper. So i’ll just go over my general idea and you can basically connect the dots from there.

Two things sprung up this theory: Firstly, the Devs announced that only one in every 10-20 thousand people have gotten the ending right. Yet there are two current popular theories about Scarlet being a dragon minion of Primordius/Mordermoth. So, I concluded, that these can’t be right theories since they are so popular, so I decided to formulate my own. The second is the release of cutthroat politics update. So here we go…

The Hypothesis
My current hypothesis is that Scarlet is attempting to summon an being just as powerful as the Six Gods if not more powerful. How you ask? Well, here’s where I came up with this. In the Cutthroat politics update Anet promised the playerbase that whichever NPC won, a fractal would be built. Kiel would be Thaumanova Fractal and Evon would be the Fall of Abaddon Fractal. Obviously, Kiel won and they made the Thaumanova Fractal. Many were shocked/appalled when Anet had Scarlet involved in it and then started to make conspiracy theories that the elections are skewed and that Kiel would have won no matter what. What does this have to do with my theory you may ask? Well, keep reading.

These conspirator theories struck me as odd. If Anet really intended on only releasing the Thaumanova Fractal, why bother making a competition and alienating parts of the player-base? It just didn’t seem like a smart move to me. Something else struck out at me: Let us assume that Evon won the election and the Fall of Abaddon fractal was made (assuming that Anet was true about what they meant). This would mean we would have never figured out Scarlet’s involvement in Thaumanova and about Ley lines. Meaning part of the LS plot would have been cut out. That is when an idea struck me: What if both of those fractals contributed to Scarlet’s story? What if Anet simply wanted to decide what the player base would get indirectly as a result of their choices?

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Zelkovan.2630

Now I know what you are thinking: “But Scarlet doesn’t have anything to do with Abaddon! That would be lore breaking!”. Ah, but the Devs announced that the Fall of Abaddon wouldn’t have anything to do with his defeat in GW1. It would be his original fall (meaning how he turned evil or why he turned evil) and when he attacked the other Gods. It also, doesn’t necessarily have to relate to Scarlet either.

At this point it has been confirmed that Scarlet saw “something” and she talks to it in her head (whether its her lunatic side-split-personality, we don’t know) but many have perceived this to be the Elder Dragons. What if it is something different though? We know from lore in the previous game and in this one that the Six Gods fled from their old home. From what, we don’t know exactly. But I stumbled upon something interesting in this wiki page: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Orrian_History_Scrolls

Of particular interest are the volumes of The Six. The two important volumes are namely the one about Abaddon and Lyssa. It describes Lyssa as “While the other gods focused on building Arah and beginning a new future, Lyssa gave them joy and helped them forget the past.” From that sentence, one would think the “them” refers to humanity. However, the subject in that sentence is the other gods. Meaning, something terrible happened in their past and Lyssa, using her magic of illusion, helped them (or perhaps forced them) to forget.

The other volume of interest is Abaddon. It mentions him as the God of Secrets. What secrets exactly? Perhaps the secrets of the God’s pasts? This is only reinforced by the following quote: “Among them was Abaddon—once secret-keeper, now betrayer. How you have fallen from the glorious days of old. What passed beyond in the Mists, only you remember”. Keep in mind this wouldn’t be when he was in the Realm of Torment, as the other five would have remembered this, they were the ones who imprisoned him. So the question is as follows then: What did the Six run away from and why does Abaddon know it?

Perhaps then, that would have been the piece of information we could have gotten from the Fall of Abaddon fractal if it was going to be made, that there is something else out there that is just as strong, if not stronger than the Six. So what does this have to do with Scarlet? Well, if you tie this back together with Scarlet, Scarlet went into Omadds machine and went beyond the mists and into the universe itself. The Pale Tree warned her not to do this, as she would unleash the forces that shape us. It may not have been necessarily talking about how Mordremoth shaped the Pale Tree/Sylvari, after all, the universe is before her, not the Dream. So, maybe, in Omadd’s device Scarlet made contact with something other worldly. In her journal she describes it as containing “so much power” and it could be an Elder Dragon, but my bets are on the other worldly being.
So, what is she trying to do then? Well, I will firstly say that I do not think the probes are for locating Ley lines and that the green probe in LA has detected a strong current of them. Why? Well…Marjory and Kasmeer have made it clear that Scarlet wanted to get a seat on the council with Mai Trin. However, there is a contradiction. If Scarlet needed the probes to locate the Ley lines, how did she know a large current would be located in Lion’s Arch prior to having the probes? It just doesn’t make sense. If however we say that she already knew where the ley lines were from studying them at Thaumanova Reactor, it would make more sense that the probes are not locating ley lines, but redirecting or connecting them. I believe she is setting up a channel and flowing a bunch of Magic beneath Lion’s Arch. Then, using the giant drill she has made, she will drill a hole into the center of LA. Notice how when the Marionette comes down from the (drill?) machine, it is longer than the machine itself. So, it is most likely a portal that Scarlet made (she does have access to that technology after all). I believe the top of the drill will be a portal and once the hole has been complete, she will flip the switch and absorb all the different types of magical energy there and fuse them to make a portal in reality that will open the way for this entity to come to the world. Maybe the entity was what we saw at the Thaumanova reactor, just a weaker version. Keep in mind, she said mixing dragon and chaos magic was tricky, not that it was impossible, so perhaps from Thaumanova she knows what to do.

Then, once the entity drastically changes the world she will use her loyal watch work machines to help her rule what is left of it.

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Zelkovan.2630

Why I don’t think its Elder dragons

The main reason for this is that it doesn’t make much sense. Why would an elder dragon choose a lieutenant that is disobedient and extremely risky? It doesn’t make sense to me. Why not just gather a whole army, rather than one lieutenant like Primordus, Zhaitan, and other Elder dragons? I also don’t believe that she is attempting to free her people from Mordremoth. This is because Scarlet’s actual goals are very selfish. She simply doesn’t want to have the Dream looming over her head and having someone control her (another reason why I don’t believe in the dragon theories-even if she may “believe” she is in control) and so she wants to get rid of the Pale tree.

Remember, Scarlet is fascinated by complex ecosystems and how they must evolve to survive, so Scarlet wants to change the ecosystem (aka Tyria) and be free of the Pale Tree and show off to everyone that she can and will do well on her own. This is also why in the instance in Dead End bar during the audio recording, Scarlet emphasizes that she is doing this for her not the entity.

Well that’s my whacky theory -essay done-. It is obviously very heavily based around the Cutthroat politics update, mainly because I feel that something didn’t add up there, and so Anet may have been doing something sneaky in the background. Feel free to discuss the theory, I know it has flaws, but then again, so do the other ones.
Only time will tell who is right =)

(edited by Zelkovan.2630)

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

I doubt Scarlet is driven by a dragon, though I could always be wrong. You might be right, or at least in the ballpark. Neither the gods (aside from Grenth and Kormir) nor humanity are native to Tyria, and they might well have been fleeing something that finally caught up to them. Even if they didn’t, the world that they left behind may have fallen into darkness after their departure.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

I like the thought put into your theory, do I think it’s 100% accurate? No. But you touched on a lot of interesting things, and one particular thing you brought up, about Abaddons volume saying “What passed beyond in the Mists, only you remember” really kind of piqued my interest. I had never read that before so that was new to me, and maybe you’re onto something there

I too don’t believe that she is being influenced by an Elder Dragon, and if that’s the case, I think my eyeballs will pop out of my head from all the eye rolling that I will be doing…..

The thing about the scenario of an Elder Dragon being behind her, it’s just TOO predictable, everyone and their mother have said it will happen, and it would be a huge letdown story wise for it to just end up being that. I believe, like the OP that something else is at play here, and probably something we’ve never seen before, unless it’s the Mursaat.

But it all really comes down to this one tidbit of info we gained from this latest Living World update, and that’s what Vorpp said about Omadd’s machine that Scarlet used to enter the “Eternal Alchemy” Basically what Vorpp said was that the machine didn’t expand her mind per se, but rather looked into her mind, and opened doors that were closed, and that whatever she saw or encountered in the “Eternal Alchemy” was brought in by her own mind. And that whatever contacted her had been carefully walled off in her mind, as if to protect her from it.

So it comes down to this I suppose, either all Sylvari have this piece of their mind from exiting the Dream that is walled off for their own protection, or something possessed Scarlet and…. carefully walled itself off? Why would an entity that took possession of someone wall itself off until the individual it possessed entered a machine that broke down the very wall that itself put up?…… Yeah, so it’s definitely option A: All Sylvari have this in their mind.

And having concluded that, it makes me believe that maybe we will be seeing Mordremoth….. Ugh, that would be some lame and cliche it’s not even funny.

Anyway, I still don’t think that it’s gonna be an Elder Dragon (really really hope it’s not going to be) and if it does end up being an Elder Dragon, than it will pretty much prove that ANet can’t tell a good story and just goes for a big BANG over a quality story (Not unlike Michael Bay)

Please ANet, don’t pull a Michael Bay move on this story….

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

So it comes down to this I suppose, either all Sylvari have this piece of their mind from exiting the Dream that is walled off for their own protection, or something possessed Scarlet and…. carefully walled itself off? Why would an entity that took possession of someone wall itself off until the individual it possessed entered a machine that broke down the very wall that itself put up?…… Yeah, so it’s definitely option A: All Sylvari have this in their mind.

Actually it can be option B but not in the way you thinking of. Sylvari have a unique physiology so who to say this doesn’t make them resistant to possession? It is possible that she encountered this being during the time period between her banishment from Rata Sum and being part of Omadd’s experiment but simply doesn’t remember it due to her Sylvari physiology locking it away in the deep recesses of her mind.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Zelkovan.2630

Basically what Vorpp said was that the machine didn’t expand her mind per se, but rather looked into her mind, and opened doors that were closed, and that whatever she saw or encountered in the “Eternal Alchemy” was brought in by her own mind. And that whatever contacted her had been carefully walled off in her mind, as if to protect her from it.

So it comes down to this I suppose, either all Sylvari have this piece of their mind from exiting the Dream that is walled off for their own protection, or something possessed Scarlet and…. carefully walled itself off?

This was another part that I forgot to explain because I was tired and it was already an essay of an theory. We don’t know much about the Dream, but since it is similar to the mists perhaps it is connected to the universe, and therefore every Sylvari is also connected to the universe in more than one sense. So perhaps the creature didn’t come from her mind, but rather had always just existed.

Think of the Dream like a big room with two doors. You open one door and enter the room and there is a bunch of cool and unique things in the room to keep you entertained (The Dream itself). Then, all the way across the room is a door that says: “Do not enter” and is signed by the Pale Tree (she doesn’t want you to go into it because she says its a no-no). If you decide to open the “Do not enter” door well…you get whatever is on the other side. What’s strange is that the Pale Tree knows things that others don’t about the universe (she warns Scarlet not to go further). So maybe the Pale Tree warned Scarlet not to go any further because she knew what would happen-she would encounter something she shouldn’t have.

Still open to discussion around my whacky theory =P.

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Darkbattlemage.9612

It’s probably not relevant but I just went to the guild wars wiki now to refresh my memory on the Realm of Torment the page says it is also called the Nightmare Realm. Could there be a possible link with the nightmare in the dream and the Realm of Torment? Perhaps a lingering presence within Tyria that has manifested in the Pale Tree’s dreamworld?

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I doubt Scarlet is driven by a dragon, though I could always be wrong. You might be right, or at least in the ballpark. Neither the gods (aside from Grenth and Kormir) nor humanity are native to Tyria, and they might well have been fleeing something that finally caught up to them. Even if they didn’t, the world that they left behind may have fallen into darkness after their departure.

That’s not entirely true. We know that the gods brought humans to Tyria (the continent). But we also have lore that states the Canthans came from further south – and this was before the arrival of the gods.

Darkbattlemage – I would consider that unlikely since Kormir resided there with the Forgotten after Abaddons defeat in order to purify it – and it was subsequently known as the Redeemed Realm.

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Firstly, the Devs announced that only one in every 10-20 thousand people have gotten the ending right. Yet there are two current popular theories about Scarlet being a dragon minion of Primordius/Mordermoth. So, I concluded, that these can’t be right theories since they are so popular

At the time this comment was made, hardly anyone was suggesting that she was under the thrall of an elder dragon. Those theories have become increasingly popular in the intervening time b/c of additional info released in the LS. If you look at it now and forget when that dev comment was made then it’s easy to reach the conclusion you did.

Look, this is a game about defeating elder dragons. Plain and simple; just look at the logo. It’s well past time to get on with the next major story arc for the game and that means a new elder dragon. And a dragon makes plenty of sense. What makes you think Scarlet is disobedient? The line about “You’ve been taken credit for everything I’ve done…but I wasn’t doing it for you, I was doing it for me…get out of my head” suggests exactly the opposite. She may think she’s her own master, but everything she’s doing is playing exactly into the plans of her controller. And she’s going for a leyline, armed with expanded knowledge (from Thaumanova) on how to do something huge involving dragon energies and a leyline. Something like waking up a dragon. And there’s a big dragon painted on top of her lair, one that shares visual similarities with the concept art of the jungle dragon.

I don’t mean to be rude or anything, but anyone that thinks it’s not an elder dragon at this point is just deluding themselves.

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage – I would consider that unlikely since Kormir resided there with the Forgotten after Abaddons defeat in order to purify it – and it was subsequently known as the Redeemed Realm.

I figured it was unlikely, but then I don’t recall it being referred to as the Nightmare Realm. Maybe I just overlooked it.

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Zelkovan.2630

At the time this comment was made, hardly anyone was suggesting that she was under the thrall of an elder dragon. Those theories have become increasingly popular in the intervening time b/c of additional info released in the LS. If you look at it now and forget when that dev comment was made then it’s easy to reach the conclusion you did.

Look, this is a game about defeating elder dragons. Plain and simple; just look at the logo. It’s well past time to get on with the next major story arc for the game and that means a new elder dragon. And a dragon makes plenty of sense. What makes you think Scarlet is disobedient? The line about “You’ve been taken credit for everything I’ve done…but I wasn’t doing it for you, I was doing it for me…get out of my head” suggests exactly the opposite. She may think she’s her own master, but everything she’s doing is playing exactly into the plans of her controller. And she’s going for a leyline, armed with expanded knowledge (from Thaumanova) on how to do something huge involving dragon energies and a leyline. Something like waking up a dragon. And there’s a big dragon painted on top of her lair, one that shares visual similarities with the concept art of the jungle dragon.

I don’t mean to be rude or anything, but anyone that thinks it’s not an elder dragon at this point is just deluding themselves.

See the thing is that the theory of Mordremoth has its flaws too. There are more than one Trees that grow Sylvari (one you meet in the personal story instance for Sylvari) who don’t have The Dream and aren’t evil. So how come they aren’t corrupted by Mordremoth? If Mordremoth is attempting to wake, why doesn’t he just do so? Why does he need a champion to wake? Why does he need one champion and not multiple? After all, it has been confirmed that there are other Trees without the dream who create Sylvari, so why does he not use them? Dragon’s feed on magic, so why does he need Scarlet to feed on the ley lines? If he is beneath Lions Arch why does he need the city to be destroyed to wake? Zhaitan lifted a whole country when he woke and Kralkatorrik rose from the ground and Jormag rose from mountains, so why can’t Mordremoth break open a city when he rises? Or is he just extremely weak for some reason? If she is trying to kill him, why does she need Ley lines? We killed Zhaitan with cannons and the 2 button, so why does she need magical ley lines. She already has enough fire power.

I realize mine has flaws too, like the dragon on Scarlet’s Lair (although I do believe that is just meant to either throw people off or to imply she is going to use dragon magic).

There are just as many flaws in that theory as there are in mine. They are theories after all. Saying that it is “obvious” that this theory is correct and anyone who disagrees is delusional is an insult, especially since it hasn’t even been confirmed. If the Mordremoth theory is right, come back and call me delusional all you want, but there’s no point in calling me so before it has even been confirmed, you’re just trying to pick fights.

Also, the Primordus theories surfaced before the Dev announcment and people were relating Sylvari to Mordremoth long before Scarlet even came into the picture.

(edited by Zelkovan.2630)

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I see a big flaw in this theory, and that’s with the probes. You see, some of the probes are self destructing. If their purpose was not to locate something, but to redirect leylines, then why place them somewhere, and then self destruct them?

Also, remember that the one probe in Lion’s Arch turned green. Why did it turn green? Why didn’t any of the others turn green?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

I’m sure you hit the nail on the head here and there. But there are some things unanswered. I’ll throw a random one out there… Scarlet’s red thorn vine.

Where did it come from? She didn’t have the creeping vines before she entered Omadd’s machine. In What Scarlet Saw she observed the Pale Tree and saw a red vine snaking around the pale tree and squeezing the life out of it. Then, she WAS the vine itself.

Now that can mean a few things, but to me that screams mind control. Whatever peered back at her and is speaking in her head perhaps unlocked a part of her mind (DNA?) that perhaps all sylvari’s have…

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’m sure you hit the nail on the head here and there. But there are some things unanswered. I’ll throw a random one out there… Scarlet’s red thorn vine.

Where did it come from? She didn’t have the creeping vines before she entered Omadd’s machine. In What Scarlet Saw she observed the Pale Tree and saw a red vine snaking around the pale tree and squeezing the life out of it. Then, she WAS the vine itself.

Now that can mean a few things, but to me that screams mind control. Whatever peered back at her and is speaking in her head perhaps unlocked a part of her mind (DNA?) that perhaps all sylvari’s have…

It’s more than just a part of her mind. She literally grew poisonous thorns, and then proceeded to strangle Omadd with them. Since when can Sylvari do this? Was she given special powers by the entity she met?

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Zelkovan.2630

I see a big flaw in this theory, and that’s with the probes. You see, some of the probes are self destructing. If their purpose was not to locate something, but to redirect leylines, then why place them somewhere, and then self destruct them?

Also, remember that the one probe in Lion’s Arch turned green. Why did it turn green? Why didn’t any of the others turn green?

It could be that she simply didn’t want people to re-direct the flow of leylines after she had done so. That or so that no one started researching her probes and trying to gain information from them.

Also, I believe the one in Lion’s arch turned green to indicate that it was done connecting/redirecting the leylines. She may be establishing more so a channel rather than pooling it into one area. It may be that Lion’s Arch is beneath a greater amount of leylines and where she decided to choose her spot using probes to connect other leylines; somewhat like a river perhaps. Although I do see what you mean, with my theory it is quite odd.

It’s more than just a part of her mind. She literally grew poisonous thorns, and then proceeded to strangle Omadd with them. Since when can Sylvari do this? Was she given special powers by the entity she met?

I’m pretty sure Sylvari have been able to do this since…forever. If you look at the Sylvari cultural skills, they are able to sprout seeds that then grow into plants to heal people, use vines to entangle foes, and can even root themselves in the ground. I’m just pretty sure they were never used or mentioned like how they were in Scarlet’s story. Perhaps the entity also did something to her. After all, Sylvari who join the Nightmare Court do show changes in appearance.

As for her being the red vine, I think it’s just an analogy of her being the fruit from the tree of knowledge (the Pale Tree), yet said knowledge kills the tree that grew it.

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

See the thing is that the theory of Mordremoth has its flaws too. There are more than one Trees that grow Sylvari (one you meet in the personal story instance for Sylvari) who don’t have The Dream and aren’t evil. So how come they aren’t corrupted by Mordremoth? If Mordremoth is attempting to wake, why doesn’t he just do so? Why does he need a champion to wake? Why does he need one champion and not multiple? After all, it has been confirmed that there are other Trees without the dream who create Sylvari, so why does he not use them? Dragon’s feed on magic, so why does he need Scarlet to feed on the ley lines? If he is beneath Lions Arch why does he need the city to be destroyed to wake? Zhaitan lifted a whole country when he woke and Kralkatorrik rose from the ground and Jormag rose from mountains, so why can’t Mordremoth break open a city when he rises? Or is he just extremely weak for some reason? If she is trying to kill him, why does she need Ley lines? We killed Zhaitan with cannons and the 2 button, so why does she need magical ley lines. She already has enough fire power.

I realize mine has flaws too, like the dragon on Scarlet’s Lair (although I do believe that is just meant to either throw people off or to imply she is going to use dragon magic).

There are just as many flaws in that theory as there are in mine. They are theories after all. Saying that it is “obvious” that this theory is correct and anyone who disagrees is delusional is an insult, especially since it hasn’t even been confirmed. If the Mordremoth theory is right, come back and call me delusional all you want, but there’s no point in calling me so before it has even been confirmed, you’re just trying to pick fights.

Also, the Primordus theories surfaced before the Dev announcment and people were relating Sylvari to Mordremoth long before Scarlet even came into the picture.

First of all please note where I went out of my way to say “I’m not trying to be rude.” If I wanted to pick a fight I would have been overt about it. My intention was not to insult but I do think that the dragon theories are fairly obvious given the evidence we have and that any theories to the contrary require a fair bit of looking around or disregarding that evidence. If I offended you then I apologize.

As far as Mordremoth, how do we know the other sylvari aren’t being used by him? The only one we know of is Maylck, and for all we know he could be a scout pretending not to be a dragon minion. That said I’m not convinced the sylvari are minions of Mordremoth, though the theory has some weight (the Dream protects them, and Scarlet rejecting the dream is what allowed Mordy to get a hold on her.)

As well, we know next to nothing about how exactly Elder Dragons awake. Is it based on a set amount of time? Seems to me it’s more likely based on a set amount of magic; that is, once particular leylines fill up with a certain amount of magic, some trigger is met and the dragon awakens. If this is the case, then everything makes sense: Scarlet is after the leyline under Lion’s so she can do something to it to trigger Mordy to awaken.

My assumption is that elder dragon’s don’t just will themselves awake, or else I’d assume that they would. It’s related somehow to the magical energy in the world and the state of their minions. Defeating the Great Destroyer kept Primy sleeping for a little while longer. If the sylvari are Mordy’s minions, then perhaps the Pale Tree being free has kept Mordy sleeping for longer than he should. In that case, Scarlet would be using her experiment on the leyline to manually create the magical conditions necessary for Mordy to awaken.

She might want to kill the Pale Tree as well; I used to think that Marionette and the poison were for Primordus, but now I’m not so sure…

(edited by Kalarchis.8635)

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Posted by: Fomivee.3065

Fomivee.3065

I’ve thought that Abaddon theory is as popular as Mord one o.O

We have the same discussion on mmo-champion (in guild wars 2 forum section ofc)

To add to your theory – Scarlet has worked with Steam creatures. As we know, they are from future. That might suggest that Scarlet has found Rift that let her travel in time. Maybe she returned to the Fall of Abaddon event and as you said – saw something that Lyssa wanted to hide (However theory about Lyssa making everybody including gods forget about their ‘secrets’ seems too far. I think that joy means.. joy. Maybe she was dancing?)

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Posted by: Timebandit.3570

Timebandit.3570

I think she saw abbadon when she looked into the darkness personally ive been thnking it for awhile kormir took abbdon’s essense into her but what about the corrupted part of abbadon he’s a god he cant really die and did we really end the nightfall when we defeated him or did we slow down progress. Maybe scarlette saw that abbadon isn’t actually dead. scalette is in coinstant battle with whoever is trying to take her over too. I wouldn’t say shes completely fallen. In her journal shes seems to be constantly trying to resist whoever or whatever she saw this might suggest what shes doing isn’t necessarily her will, but perhaps the will of whoever shes trying to resist.

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Timebandit the dialogue in the final Nightfall mission makes it clear that Abaddon’s will was completely broken – as in whilst she absorbed his power she did not absorb any other part of him.

Abaddon is dead. Like, completely eradicated from the universe.

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

Timebandit the dialogue in the final Nightfall mission makes it clear that Abaddon’s will was completely broken – as in whilst she absorbed his power she did not absorb any other part of him.

Abaddon is dead. Like, completely eradicated from the universe.

But it could still be Dhuum. When you “defeat” him in GW1 he doesn’t actually die. He just sits there and mopes a bit.

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Dhuum is indeed still locked away in the Hall of Judgement. King Frozenwind and the Reapers watch over him, and they still do today, unless we’re told otherwise. But it is not impossible that Dhuum may have broken free by now, since he’s been consistently making escape attempts. I just don’t see anything linking him to this.

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

They’ll come up with some bullkitten about how killing Zhaitan weakened blah blah blah undeath.

New theory on Scarlet

in Lore

Zelkovan.2630

To be precise, i’m not talking about Abaddon controlling her. I understand that he is gone for good. What i’m talking about controlling her is something that chased the God’s out from where they came from. That, or something extremely powerful from the mists/universe. So to be clear, my theory on the Abaddon fractal was that we would learn something relating to the universe/mists-most likely the entity that is controlling her. So far i’m right on the drilling of leylines, then again so are many other theories.