Really neat 3D interactive map of Tyria

in Lore

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

http://tyria3d.businesscatalyst.com/

Based on the Order of Whisper’s threat assessment globe.

Disclaimer: The lines and pools on the map are NOT ley lines.

Credit: RequestTimeout and that_shaman on Reddit.

Enjoy!

in Lore

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

I’ve always hated how big the world of Tyria theoretically is versus how much we know about it/how much of it is used.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Lore

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

I believe I saw an Anet member once say that the globe isn’t correct as the OoW hasn’t explored the entire glob. Not 100% sure though.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I’ve always hated how big the world of Tyria theoretically is versus how much we know about it/how much of it is used.

My thoughts as well.

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

On the bright side, we might have Guild Wars until we die and beyond.

in Lore

Posted by: Cartheb.4861

Cartheb.4861

On the bright side, we might have Guild Wars until we die and beyond.

Guild Wars: Beyond (death)

Beware the Dark Lord Poobadoo

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I believe I saw an Anet member once say that the globe isn’t correct as the OoW hasn’t explored the entire glob. Not 100% sure though.

What was referred to is the in-game model, which is very very different from the texture pulled out of the gw.dat and used in the OP’s linked model. No comment was made for the texture itself, which is far more accurate – though with its own amount of inconsistencies – than the in-game globe.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

What was referred to is the in-game model, which is very very different from the texture pulled out of the gw.dat and used in the OP’s linked model. No comment was made for the texture itself, which is far more accurate – though with its own amount of inconsistencies – than the in-game globe.

But…

Based on the Order of Whisper’s threat assessment globe.

There’s a difference then between the ingame model and OoW Threat Assessment globe?

in Lore

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

That map can’t be a globe… it has to be a torus (donut-shape).

in Lore

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

When trying to map the Ley Lines on Tyria, and things that might be related to it, I could not, not be remembered of this map. Any else share the same suspicion as me… is the Order of Whispers trying to ‘also’ map these rivers of magic on Tyria?

Those puddles and ‘rivers’ strike me as fairly crude though, but still, the image is strikingly what I could see used for this purpose…

So @OP , why the disclaimer? who said they are not? where is the source for this disclaimer?

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

in Lore

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Nice map. It would seem Tyria is quite big.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

So @OP , why the disclaimer? who said they are not? where is the source for this disclaimer?

Word of god (i.e. the devs). In an interview (I can’t remember where or when) it was stated that the globe shows threats.

This makes a lot more sense than the Order of Whispers having a globe showing ley lines (which would be more of a priory or asura thing), especially considering they already had that globe before ley lines became a commonly known thing.

in Lore

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

@Doivid, ok tnx … i’ll take your word for it … well if there be any organization that would study something like this I think the order of whispers makes for the most likely candidate, if not directly calling it ley lines, they might well be studying something that comes close due to linking certain events in the world together to find a bigger picture (which would then happen to coincide with the ley lines). Though I will say that it looks way to crude for ‘us’ to draw such conclusions or do anything specific with it… (unfortunately).

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Not to mention that the blue glows completely miss Lion’s Arch, Thaumanova, and the Cavern of Shining Lights.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.