Uh oh!

Uh oh!

in Lore

Posted by: onemantankwall.3641

onemantankwall.3641

With the gods gone playong in the mists what happens when Dhuum breaks out of prison and theres no one there to rival him any more? Seems like a much bigger threat than silly dragons

Uh oh!

in Lore

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Dhuum’s forces are likely to include:

Shiro, the Emissary of Dhuum, Razakel, The Fury, Jadoth, Varesh, General Kahyet, General Bayel, The Hunger, The Drought, The Blasphemy, the Ravager of Dreams, the Reaper of Agony, the Oath of Profanity, the Onslaught of Terror, the Master of Misery, the Flame of Fervor, the Consort of Ruin, the Bringer of Deceit, the Blade of Corruption, the Bearer of Misfortune, the Harbinger of Nightfall, the Seed of Suffering, the Shadow of Fear, the Shepherd of Dementia, the Shrieker of Dread, the Storm of Anguish and the Vision of Despair will all be working for Dhuum once he’s free as likely as not….

Uh oh!

in Lore

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

the world of Tyria would be Dhuumed. DHUUUUUUUUUUMED!

obviously.

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

Uh oh!

in Lore

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Every Demon from Nightfall aside from Menzies’s Shadow Army, Abaddon’s avatar the Fortune Teller and Abaddon himself will likely return as minions of Dhuum along with the Underworld enemies….

The Dreadspawn Maw would have to move somewhere else since her corpse is where she used to live.

That’s not to say Menzies’s Shadow army won’t return just that they will be Menzies’s minions rather than Dhuum’s.

Uh oh!

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

With the gods gone playong in the mists what happens when Dhuum breaks out of prison and theres no one there to rival him any more? Seems like a much bigger threat than silly dragons

That’s just Dhuum.

Uh oh!

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The presiding theory is that he has broken free. And that’s why there are Nightmares (Aatxes and such) flooding into Tyria at Godslost Swamp and Reaper’s Gate – because if Grenth had full control over the Underworld, would he allow such to happen?

Shiro, the Emissary of Dhuum, Razakel, The Fury, Jadoth, Varesh, General Kahyet, General Bayel, The Hunger, The Drought, The Blasphemy, the Ravager of Dreams, the Reaper of Agony, the Oath of Profanity, the Onslaught of Terror, the Master of Misery, the Flame of Fervor, the Consort of Ruin, the Bringer of Deceit, the Blade of Corruption, the Bearer of Misfortune, the Harbinger of Nightfall, the Seed of Suffering, the Shadow of Fear, the Shepherd of Dementia, the Shrieker of Dread, the Storm of Anguish and the Vision of Despair will all be working for Dhuum once he’s free as likely as not….

Double dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Double Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. All (known) dead. Dead. All (known) dead and purpose lost (no more Nightfall to harbing). Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead.

Most demons – if not all – encountered in Nightfall are dead. Even a god of death cannot lead the dead, unless he raises them as undead… and he hates undead.

You seem to under the presumption that souls and demons respawn when killed. Ignoring the whole “leaving then returning into an instance” situation, that’s not shown to occur. Ever.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Uh oh!

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Double dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Double Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. All (known) dead. Dead. All (known) dead and purpose lost (no more Nightfall to harbing). Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead.

Most demons – if not all – encountered in Nightfall are dead. Even a god of death cannot lead the dead, unless he raises them as undead… and he hates undead.

You seem to under the presumption that souls and demons respawn when killed. Ignoring the whole “leaving then returning into an instance” situation, that’s not shown to occur. Ever.

Seeing as it’s treated as a very big deal that the Hunter comes back, we actually have some evidence that it plain isn’t the case.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Uh oh!

in Lore

onemantankwall.3641

The presiding theory is that he has broken free. And that’s why there are Nightmares (Aatxes and such) flooding into Tyria at Godslost Swamp and Reaper’s Gate – because if Grenth had full control over the Underworld, would he allow such to happen?

Idk if he was free i think he’d def make it known because as it stands he would be THE god, the most powerful being in tyria, and if i was him… The one most p***** off at the world… He now has free access to alot more than the underworld… The gods are missing he can easily promote himself to god of all since grenth and friends are MIA

Uh oh!

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

Everything we’ve been told, save the odd bit of very vague PS dialogue, is that the gods are not MIA- they just don’t get involved in Tyria anymore. Prayers are still sometimes answered (see: every human racial), and speaking of the personal story, one of the last steps makes it clear that Grenth is still lording over souls in the Underworld, meaning that even if Dhuum is free he is not in control.

Uh oh!

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Also dev statement IIRC basically was that they are around, they are watching, they simply are not interfering with humanity now.

Ever since Abaddon was killed (FOREVER, likely most of his demons was as well), their last physical thing keeping them around was severed.

Also, there is literally a ghost in queensdale who tells you is clear words that “Grenth answered her request and let her watch over the family, and their farm, while the family sleeps.” She isn’t there as a haunting or unfinished business as many other spirits are (or traumatic death), she’s there because she wants to be and grenth allowed it.

Uh oh!

in Lore

onemantankwall.3641

Ive always wondered before grenth took over why would dhuum allow something like zhaitan to exist and live… Zhaitans power is what dhuums greatest hatred is, Resurrection.

Uh oh!

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Ive always wondered before grenth took over why would dhuum allow something like zhaitan to exist and live… Zhaitans power is what dhuums greatest hatred is, Resurrection.

Because Zhaitan was sleeping and thus wasn’t doing anything besides leaking magic?

And Zhaitan’s power is corruption, decay, and undeath. Not resurrection.

Uh oh!

in Lore

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

And as far as we know, the ED’s are not subject to the gods.

Uh oh!

in Lore

Posted by: Horst Hortensie.5420

Horst Hortensie.5420

Which is interesting. The gods built Arah and it was a huge project. More than just a home for them. They built Arah over one of those Elder Dragon ?without noticing/knowing? I’m afraid that they either did something nasty with the dragon or created an intentional lockdown for it out of other speculative reasons.

Slow clap for the great puppet player.

Uh oh!

in Lore

onemantankwall.3641

Because Zhaitan was sleeping and thus wasn’t doing anything besides leaking magic?

Risen are undead which can also fall under the term resurrected corpse or even the souls of the kings and queens to be resurrected as eyes of zhaitan, i don’t believe dhuum would agree with that

And i would hope the gods arent as killable as zhaitan was… Sitting on a mountain letting u kill it instead of gliding and shredding the rest of the airship

Uh oh!

in Lore

onemantankwall.3641

Id also like to think the gods could easily control the doings of the elder dragons, they’d never allow the ED to live if they were a threat. It’s easily theorized that the gods use the elder dragons to stop the races of tyria from reaching god power status. The gods are very much mortal (see abbadons death) and their powers are also limited (jotun was said to posses power and magic equal to if not greater than the gods themselves. They use the dragons cycle to keep their status..the fact that they have returned to the mist and all of the dragons are now awake means we have gotten too strong and they are preparing to knock us back to normal…. There could be a pretty good theory of the gods controlling scarlet to wake up mordy because of us killing zhaitan, the gods fear us becoming too powerful the cycle could be reset and dhuum could easily become a ally if hes free of his prison or he could just kill us all he is the REAL god of the underworld after all

Uh oh!

in Lore

Dustfinger.9510

The gods can’t controle what the ED’s do, dev interview said that the power of the ED’s and the gods was comparable.

Though, there are some ghosts in arah that are trapped there because theirt ship was sailing in the area when orr rose. So zaiatain might not have controle of souls.

Uh oh!

in Lore

onemantankwall.3641

The gods can’t controle what the ED’s do, dev interview said that the power of the ED’s and the gods was comparable.

Though, there are some ghosts in arah that are trapped there because theirt ship was sailing in the area when orr rose. So zaiatain might not have controle of souls.

If the gods are comparable to EDs then the gods are as much as a joke as zhaitan was…. Minion masters with no real threat/fight ftl lol like i said… Ive always thought the gods were nothing more than very power masters of the classes but very much mortal/killable if killing zhaitan compares to killing someone like grenth then pfft they a joke… Eat airship megalazors!!! WE are the new gods lol but like i said ED are no threat to the gods or they’d help us, the gods use the EDs as tools… The dragons keep us from over throwing the gods and taking over the mists thus basically destroying the known world

Uh oh!

in Lore

Dustfinger.9510

Well, the ED’s aren’t created equal. each one has it’s own strength. So each one would have it’s own weakness. A MM’s weakness would be directly attacking it. But that’s what the devs said. Their power is comparable. I doubt the ED’s would just be no threat at all to them. We’ve known they were killable back in GW1 though.

edit: here’s the dialog for the souls trapped in Orr.

“My ship and crew were stranded here when Orr rose, and our spirits have been trapped here ever since. Don’t share our fate: leave while you can.” http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Captain_Romke

(edited by Dustfinger.9510)

Uh oh!

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well, the ED’s aren’t created equal. each one has it’s own strength. So each one would have it’s own weakness. A MM’s weakness would be directly attacking it. But that’s what the devs said. Their power is comparable. I doubt the ED’s would just be no threat at all to them. We’ve known they were killable back in GW1 though.

EDs seem to have varying power levels, when they wake up they’re weak and then slowly become more powerful as they consume more of the worlds magic.

Uh oh!

in Lore

onemantankwall.3641

Dhuum busts out, rezs zhaitan, destroys the world riding a elder dragon scythe in hand risen army in tow, lol what a grim idea

But seriously after the elder dragons die off unless they copy and paste more with diff names, i can see dhuum becoming a pretty ba villain…… to reclaim whats his, would he resurrect the dragons against the gods to get what he wants, despite his hatred of the art the world of tyria their battlefield as we get caught in the crossfire helpless

(edited by onemantankwall.3641)

Uh oh!

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Risen are undead which can also fall under the term resurrected corpse or even the souls of the kings and queens to be resurrected as eyes of zhaitan, i don’t believe dhuum would agree with that

And i would hope the gods arent as killable as zhaitan was… Sitting on a mountain letting u kill it instead of gliding and shredding the rest of the airship

I don’t call undead resurrected. I call living (but previous dead) resurrected.

IE, in factions when the player is killed and then brought back to life. That’s resurrection. Turning somebody into a zombie is not.

Uh oh!

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Seeing as it’s treated as a very big deal that the Hunter comes back, we actually have some evidence that it plain isn’t the case.

The Hunter is a 100% unique case, however, having been given magic of immortality by Khilbron, a lich.

Idk if he was free i think he’d def make it known because as it stands he would be THE god, the most powerful being in tyria, and if i was him… The one most p***** off at the world… He now has free access to alot more than the underworld… The gods are missing he can easily promote himself to god of all since grenth and friends are MIA

He was imprisoned in the Mists. Who said that Dhuun would give one flying dolyak about Tyria? Also, he is a fallen god, not a god, and the Elder Dragons rival the gods.

Which is interesting. The gods built Arah and it was a huge project. More than just a home for them. They built Arah over one of those Elder Dragon ?without noticing/knowing? I’m afraid that they either did something nasty with the dragon or created an intentional lockdown for it out of other speculative reasons.

They built Arah (if they truly did, there’s subject of debate there) over the Artesian Waters where they first walked on the world and it was the Artesian Waters’magic that drew them. Zhaitan just happened to also be there.

Undeath and resurrection are not the same thing.

And Zhaitan’s fight being so bland was merely mechanics. It took a huge effort to take down Zhaitan. It is just that the effort was iff-screen or provided by NPCs. It took an army and weeks of hindering Zhaitan’s feeding to weaken him enough to take down. When we fought him, he was starving, practically blinded, and weakened. And we used specialized anti-risen weaponry to finish the job.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Uh oh!

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

The Hunter is a 100% unique case, however, having been given magic of immortality by Khilbron, a lich.

That’s my point. It wouldn’t be a big deal if demons were typically immortal, it is a big deal, ergo, demons are not typically immortal.

Uh oh!

in Lore

Dustfinger.9510

EDs seem to have varying power levels, when they wake up they’re weak and then slowly become more powerful as they consume more of the worlds magic.

Sure. And each ED has it’s own version of what a strength is. Im sure Dwaynas power isn’t based on martial combat like Balthazaars would be. Comparable doesn’t mean a 1:1 ratio. It just means that they are in the same class. Like the playable classes. They are comparable because they can compete against each other but each build, class and play style is going to have it’s own advantages and disadvantages. And we really have no idea if the gods power fluxuates. Be it based on worship or strength of their respective realm of influence or what have you. We really don’t know what makes a god a god. All we know is that they are gods.

(edited by Dustfinger.9510)

Uh oh!

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Wasn’t the hunter simply a case of it couldn’t be killed like others were? So what really happened was it was defeated, but later came back and killed the target anyway?

I’m sure if Grenth looked at it, it would die. Or any of the reapers really.

Uh oh!

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Dhuum busts out, rezs zhaitan, destroys the world riding a elder dragon scythe in hand risen army in tow, lol what a grim idea

But seriously after the elder dragons die off unless they copy and paste more with diff names, i can see dhuum becoming a pretty ba villain…… to reclaim whats his, would he resurrect the dragons against the gods to get what he wants, despite his hatred of the art the world of tyria their battlefield as we get caught in the crossfire helpless

At the current rate, GW3 will be out by the time all the dragons are dead.

Uh oh!

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

At the current rate, there won’t be a GW3.

Dear ANet writers,