Zaishen

Zaishen

in Lore

Posted by: darkfiremew.5937

darkfiremew.5937

Are we ever going to see the Zaishen Order doing something?
Ever since I’ve seen them in L.A. in GW2 I’ve always wondered, why are they there?
I would like a Living Story update about them and what they’ve done in the last 2 centuries.Maybe we’ll finally know why are they just standing and gloating.

Zaishen

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I was kind of surprised that they didn’t even really play a part in the Sea of Sorrows. I could have sworn they were somehow involved in the creation of the new Lion’s Arch, but this doesn’t seem to have been the case. As an order, they kind have seemed to slipped down the totem pole in terms of importance.

Zaishen

in Lore

darkfiremew.5937

I still would like to see them do something.

Zaishen

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

I was kind of surprised that they didn’t even really play a part in the Sea of Sorrows. I could have sworn they were somehow involved in the creation of the new Lion’s Arch, but this doesn’t seem to have been the case. As an order, they kind have seemed to slipped down the totem pole in terms of importance.

well i imagine a good chunk of them died with the rise of orr, and with their big temple archipelago thing gone, the remnants were scattered.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Zaishen

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

They did do something during Lost Shores – their siege engineers set up the counterattack against the Ancient Karka there in Lion’s Arch.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Zaishen

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

They did do something during Lost Shores – their siege engineers set up the counterattack against the Ancient Karka there in Lion’s Arch.

you’re assuming people could see what the kitten was going on during the first phase of lost shores :P

Zaishen

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I thought that was the Lionguard? Both groups seem to share Fort Marriner (with the Vigil).

And I agree that the Zaishen are playing too much of a “no role” role. I would have expected them to be in the place of the Mist Defenders, scattered throughout WvW as those guards.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Zaishen

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

I thought that was the Lionguard? Both groups seem to share Fort Marriner (with the Vigil).

And I agree that the Zaishen are playing too much of a “no role” role. I would have expected them to be in the place of the Mist Defenders, scattered throughout WvW as those guards.

non-human zaishens wouldn’t make much sense though, and the mists are fairly multiracial (though now that i think about it, it’s quite short on asuras)

EDIT: apparently Ree made it so the zaishen are now multicultural. fair enough.

(edited by BrunoBRS.5178)

Zaishen

in Lore

darkfiremew.5937

Did anyone know that there were Zaishen there during the Lost Shores event?
Since then they’re just there, sitting and gloating about stuff. I would have liked an update centred on then doing stuff for Tyria, or PVP/WvW scene, something, I just don’t want them to become just another shopkeeper that keeps telling us that sometime in the future they’ll do something but we never see them do anything.

Zaishen

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Zaishen were there since release, actually. They played no special role during the Lost Shores.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Zaishen

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I think the idea is that they don’t have much of a presence since after losing contact with Cantha they lost access to their funding/troves of treasure.

Also someone might want to fix the wiki since it does claim they were involved in the Lost Shores event.
I personally seem to have some inkling of a memory that they were, but I wouldn’t be willing to bet on it and there doesn’t seem to be a reference to it in any of the dialogues that were noted from the event.

Zaishen

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

If they were, it’d only be that they fought like normal ambient combative NPCs against a hostile foe.

But they had no lines and no pivotal part.

Dear ANet writers,

Zaishen

in Lore

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I still believe that the Zaishen should have been one of the three Orders, instead of creating the Vigil.

I should be writing.

Zaishen

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I think the purpose of the Vigil was to create an Order that wasn’t of human origins like the Durmand Priory and Order of Whispers are.

Which makes perfect sense. Otherwise, why not Lionguard?

Dear ANet writers,

Zaishen

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

They were there setting up the solvent dispensers and modifying siege weapons, as this was going down right in their practice yard. Or whatever that is behind Fort Marriner.

The Lionguard did storm Southsun Cove without the Zaishen, correct, but the Zaishen Engineers were seen beforehand and after setting the mechanisms up.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Zaishen

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

^— Pretty sure Tobias is right, I do remember seeing some kind of in game reference to it – and it wouldn’t surprise me if there was a bit of information that slipped through the gaps considering the event happened once and everything was on a pretty short time limit – not to mention all the bugs that were cropping up and preventing people from doing certain bits of it.

Zaishen

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

And the fact there were many many players crushed into the area . . . I only noticed as I showed up early.

Zaishen

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Interesting. Would love a dev clarification because I certainly never saw Zaishen doing anything unique. There were NPCs in that area, but I only saw the multi-racial krewe that was reading activity which turned out to be karka.

Would also love a dev to help fill in all the dialogue gaps for old LW content, especially the earlier stuff given how much was so easily missed thanks to bugs, lag, and overall lack of documenting will. Halloween and Lost Shores suffered the most.

Dear ANet writers,

Zaishen

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

gotta side with tobias, i can’t confirm for sure, but i have a feeling that the siege being setup and whatnot was the zaishen’s jobs.

Zaishen

in Lore

darkfiremew.5937

So what I’m gathering from your posts, they only did some stuff relating to siege weapons and then faded into obscurity. Wow. That’s just sad. And not many players actually saw that.
I still haven’t given up on a LW update that’s all about the Zaishen. And I hope that it’s not a remember so and so update? I was in the back routine. I want a real update close to what they did with the Zephirs but be it’s own thing.

Zaishen

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

You will get it at some stage.
There is a massive list of things that Anet needs to revisit though, and they can’t do it all at once. So this really is a case of just having to wait until they decide to write them into the story again.

Zaishen

in Lore

darkfiremew.5937

I know that they said that they have to know 4 months in advance what they want to do with the story and prepare accordingly. Maybe they’ll see this blog post and sometime in August or September maybe they’ll make it, I don’t know. Planning ahead is hard.

Zaishen

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

the thing that has to be kept in mind, yes there is “a massive list of things that ANet needs to revisit”, but if they keep on just revisiting stuff, then they’re just retreading GW1. they need to balance it with new lore.

Zaishen

in Lore

darkfiremew.5937

the thing that has to be kept in mind, yes there is “a massive list of things that ANet needs to revisit”, but if they keep on just revisiting stuff, then they’re just retreading GW1. they need to balance it with new lore.

Like the downsized-siege devourers that will be implemented in the game with the Edge of Mists update, hopefully we’ll get the full version in regular WvW as a blueprint. And a few other little stuff that I’ve Forgotten but I’m going on a tangent. I know that it takes a lot of time to get these things in the game planning, man-power, resources and so on. I would have wanted to get some things that are obvious: Zaishen, the Tower, Tengu and another few things that I’ve Forgotten Lots of love for Arena net for actually getting to some stuff. They are getting better with every release, I believe that in sometime in 2015-2016 the story will be actually good every release. But enough with my wishes upon a star, I’m rambling. Zaishen are usually PvP centred people so a PVP related update making Zaishen actually do something like a new mechanic for the PVP or game type in PVPwould be nice. Make a credible excuse about manipulating mists is hard and it takes a long time to get to their full strength (DBZ reference) or something in those lines. It’s not like they have the same resources they had on battle isles 250 years ago.
Now I know that I don’t sound so literate(because I’m not), I don’t read that many books as I should, so I won’t say that my ideas are actually 100% correct. I trust the writers to make something more epic than I’ve said here in this post. They’re getting better at it with each new release.

Zaishen

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Like the downsized-siege devourers that will be implemented in the game with the Edge of Mists update, hopefully we’ll get the full version in regular WvW as a blueprint. And a few other little stuff that I’ve Forgotten but I’m going on a tangent. I know that it takes a lot of time to get these things in the game planning, man-power, resources and so on. I would have wanted to get some things that are obvious: Zaishen, the Tower, Tengu and another few things that I’ve Forgotten Lots of love for Arena net for actually getting to some stuff. They are getting better with every release, I believe that in sometime in 2015-2016 the story will be actually good every release. But enough with my wishes upon a star, I’m rambling. Zaishen are usually PvP centred people so a PVP related update making Zaishen actually do something like a new mechanic for the PVP or game type in PVPwould be nice. Make a credible excuse about manipulating mists is hard and it takes a long time to get to their full strength (DBZ reference) or something in those lines. It’s not like they have the same resources they had on battle isles 250 years ago.
Now I know that I don’t sound so literate(because I’m not), I don’t read that many books as I should, so I won’t say that my ideas are actually 100% correct. I trust the writers to make something more epic than I’ve said here in this post. They’re getting better at it with each new release.

well to be accurate, it’s a mecha-devourer transformation. not a real siege devourer, and not a blueprint. you go to a place, get transformed, and then struggle your way through geometry until your objective.

Zaishen

in Lore

darkfiremew.5937

well to be accurate, it’s a mecha-devourer transformation. not a real siege devourer, and not a blueprint. you go to a place, get transformed, and then struggle your way through geometry until your objective.

Now that’s just nit-picking. We’ve waited for the mecha-devourers to be in the game for almost 2 years. They are progressing in the right direction. They’re just being slow about it because IRL problems like money/man-powers/bugs/people in general. The sad thing is the Zaishen don’t leave much to the imagination. Maybe that is why they’re so low on the totem-pole. Who knows? They haven’t made public the list of priorities because it’s subjected to lots of changes on a daily basis. For all we know they might not even appear until season 4 or 5. Even though I hope it’s season 2 when they make their presence known.