Zephyrites heading west.

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

From the teaser that was released today, we finally know the direction the Zephyrites were heading. With the dialogue from the BotFW implying a long voyage in the future for them, what destination would be west of continental Tyria?

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Well, it would have to be a new continent, one we’ve never heard of. That said, there’s still the possibility that they went west for reasons unrelated to their plans- maybe their attackers forced them to divert, maybe something lured them west… normally, I’d favor the simplest explanation, but simply because there’s been no indication of civilization west of Tyria I’m inclined to believe there’s something more going on here.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Actually, there is some minor indication – Fort Koga was supposed to be protecting a western trade route. Who that trade was with was left up in the air – there might be another nation on the coast, for instance.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Yeah, I’m pretty sure this means they’re not heading to Cantha, which is interesting. I hadn’t figured on them having anything to do with Season 2 either.

But no, there isn’t a lot out that way – that we know of. Maguuma was the end of the region we explored in GW1, and it didn’t seem any more inhabited in GW2.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

Well, it would have to be a new continent, one we’ve never heard of. That said, there’s still the possibility that they went west for reasons unrelated to their plans- maybe their attackers forced them to divert, maybe something lured them west… normally, I’d favor the simplest explanation, but simply because there’s been no indication of civilization west of Tyria I’m inclined to believe there’s something more going on here.

They seemed pretty calm and Zen before the attack, so diverted doesn’t seem like a reason. Those explosions look like Aetherblades cannons, and we know they are indeed still active and have previous orders from Scarlet – which we don’t know what are exactly… yet. They were probably ambushed.

What could they want from the west? Anyone’s guess, but Drax’s theory is probably correct, there’s a settlement or something somewhere around there we did trade with back then.

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

I thought there was nothing interesting at the west coast of Tyria, it woud be interesting to see some new ctities/cultures over there.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

They have a lot to deal with the Elder Dragons. What if they were investigating Mordremoth’s rise (or intending to)?

I don’t think that was exactly an attack – you often see your enemies before such if they’re coming at you. Yet they were calm up until the explosions. And they know about Aetherblades (whom are hiding out in the Mists under Mai Trin’s orders presently) and have defenses (even if rather primitive looking) so it would seem weird that they’d be caught off-guard completely.

Actually, there is some minor indication – Fort Koga was supposed to be protecting a western trade route. Who that trade was with was left up in the air – there might be another nation on the coast, for instance.

I had always thought that the trade route was basically Kryta’s way to bypass Orrian guilds in trading with Cantha and Elona, given the state of the Guild Wars (mainly third). It was said to fall into disuse after the Guild Wars ended so it would make sense.

Though a nation to the west could have been the topic of Utopia, perhaps? Which would be placed on the continent west of Tyria in this map.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure this means they’re not heading to Cantha, which is interesting. I hadn’t figured on them having anything to do with Season 2 either.

But no, there isn’t a lot out that way – that we know of. Maguuma was the end of the region we explored in GW1, and it didn’t seem any more inhabited in GW2.

They appeared to have just come from Cantha, and there was a Zephyrite who said they wouldn’t likely return to where they just visited for some time due to distance.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Maybe Glint’s children are in that direction? With Kralkatorrik corrupting the Crystal Desert the Maguuma Wastes might be a similar but safer environment to relocate them to?

The reality is, Zephyrite lore states they travel long distances to trade with anyone they can. Look how far the Labyrinthine Cliffs is from Lion’s Arch. If that’s where they anchor to do business with a nearby group of people, imagine how far they must travel.

Isn’t Modremoth’s rise in the cinematic portrayed as taking place under a jungle and not a desert?

This became clear when Taimi started talking about the mysterious cargo. They were setting up some kind of plot, we just had no reason to know what it was. Combine that with the Zephyrites on the ships with ambient dialogue about strangers with prying questions and a black market referenced previously as a future plot, it seems like the ships were sabotaged.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Well originally, they anchored in Labyrinthine Cliffs because of the Bazaar of the Four Winds – not to trade with LA. This time, it’s more a reuse of resources (and the Bazaar of the Four Winds taking place there again as decided to for explaining said reuse) than “we’re trading with Lion’s Arch, but landing far away.”

Mordremoth did awake in a heavily forested area… that’s on the other side of a desert-like area. The scene right after the Thaumanova showing was an arid wasteland. Where we’re going now may be that arid wasteland.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Maybe Glint’s children are in that direction? With Kralkatorrik corrupting the Crystal Desert the Maguuma Wastes might be a similar but safer environment to relocate them to?

You mean the Forgotten? They aren’t Glint’s children, they just served her. The lore says that they were only in the Crystal Desert because they left everywhere the other races went.

If they left the Crystal Desert because of the fighting between Palawa Joko’s undead and the Branded, they might have gone to the only other uninhabited place in Tyria – the Maguuma Wastes/Jungle. I suppose they could have gone to Ring of Fire as well.

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

You mean the Forgotten? They aren’t Glint’s children, they just served her. The lore says that they were only in the Crystal Desert because they left everywhere the other races went.

If they left the Crystal Desert because of the fighting between Palawa Joko’s undead and the Branded, they might have gone to the only other uninhabited place in Tyria – the Maguuma Wastes/Jungle. I suppose they could have gone to Ring of Fire as well.

They mean the baby dragon, and are just accounting for the possibility that there may be more than one.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Posted by: Blue Magnolia.5207

Blue Magnolia.5207

You know what’s in the west? Guild Wars UTOPIA!!!

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Utopia doesn’t exist in canon lore until ArenaNet returns to it.

And we were never actually told where Utopia would take place. It’s always been full player speculation that it was west of Tyria.

Dear ANet writers,

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Posted by: Sorann Peace.9056

Sorann Peace.9056

They have a lot to deal with the Elder Dragons. What if they were investigating Mordremoth’s rise (or intending to)?

I don’t think that was exactly an attack – you often see your enemies before such if they’re coming at you. Yet they were calm up until the explosions. And they know about Aetherblades (whom are hiding out in the Mists under Mai Trin’s orders presently) and have defenses (even if rather primitive looking) so it would seem weird that they’d be caught off-guard completely.

I had always thought that the trade route was basically Kryta’s way to bypass Orrian guilds in trading with Cantha and Elona, given the state of the Guild Wars (mainly third). It was said to fall into disuse after the Guild Wars ended so it would make sense.

Though a nation to the west could have been the topic of Utopia, perhaps? Which would be placed on the continent west of Tyria in this map.

They appeared to have just come from Cantha, and there was a Zephyrite who said they wouldn’t likely return to where they just visited for some time due to distance.

This is a better map, I think, since it shows labels and such. It is fan-made, but the fan is that_shaman who is rather well known, and it does bear resemblance to the one you linked, so i’m sure it’s fairly accurate. Note that this map is the entire planet of Tyria, not just the places shown on the in-game map.

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Utophia a aztec like continent.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

This is a better map, I think, since it shows labels and such. It is fan-made, but the fan is that_shaman who is rather well known, and it does bear resemblance to the one you linked, so i’m sure it’s fairly accurate. Note that this map is the entire planet of Tyria, not just the places shown on the in-game map.[/quote]The map you linked to is literally just a recreation and labeling of the map I linked. With no added details – in fact, fewer details if you count the shades of red, orange, and dark dark green and the ridges in some parts to be details of landscape appearances (unlikely but possible).

Utopia was the name of the Campaign (ala Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall). And assets for what would have become that campaign was put into Eye of the North – mainly the asura and their lands (Tarnished Coast).

Utopia – or the “aztec like continent” – does not exist in canon lore until ArenaNet says (or provides) otherwise.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

This is a better map, I think, since it shows labels and such. It is fan-made, but the fan is that_shaman who is rather well known, and it does bear resemblance to the one you linked, so i’m sure it’s fairly accurate. Note that this map is the entire planet of Tyria, not just the places shown on the in-game map. The map you linked to is literally just a recreation and labeling of the map I linked. With no added details – in fact, fewer details if you count the shades of red, orange, and dark dark green and the ridges in some parts to be details of landscape appearances (unlikely but possible).

What’s with the placement of the Desolation on that map? In Nightfall it was NorthEast of the Crystal desert.

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Desolation is and always was directly south of the Crystal Desert. If it were northeast of the Crystal Desert, then why would Turai and his followers travel north through the Desolation to reach the Crystal Desert? And such a placement would put the Crystal Desert on the Nightfall map and in the ocean.

Dear ANet writers,

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

This is a better map, I think, since it shows labels and such. It is fan-made, but the fan is that_shaman who is rather well known, and it does bear resemblance to the one you linked, so i’m sure it’s fairly accurate. Note that this map is the entire planet of Tyria, not just the places shown on the in-game map.

The map you linked to is literally just a recreation and labeling of the map I linked. With no added details – in fact, fewer details if you count the shades of red, orange, and dark dark green and the ridges in some parts to be details of landscape appearances (unlikely but possible).

Utopia was the name of the Campaign (ala Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall). And assets for what would have become that campaign was put into Eye of the North – mainly the asura and their lands (Tarnished Coast).

Utopia – or the “aztec like continent” – does not exist in canon lore until ArenaNet says (or provides) otherwise.[/quote]

But what about the artifacts the vabbian prince found (can’t remember which one) and Balthek, are they still canon?

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Zephyrites heading west.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

But what about the artifacts the vabbian prince found (can’t remember which one) and Balthek, are they still canon?

They’re mentioned in-game, so yes. But nothing says that either came from what would have been Utopia.

And you’re thinking of a scroll that Mehtu the Wise’s men found on an island before said island disappeared without a trace.

Dear ANet writers,