scarlet in the mists?

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Posted by: hunter steele.7836

hunter steele.7836

sorry guys i am ignorant when it comes to the mists but is it possible for scarlet to be in the mists???

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

She’s in the Breachmaker.

We fight her there in this update.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

hunter steele.7836

spoilers: No after we kill her will she be available in the mists after the next patch?

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I don’t see why.

I mean, she’ll show up in the Thaumanova Reactor Fractal still, but only because that’s an copy of the past – that isn’t “our” Scarlet Briar.

It’s possible that ArenaNet will add in some new fractals dealing with Scarlet, but it’s also equally likely they won’t.

And if you mean afterlife and such… fun fact: we never encounter a sylvari soul.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

hunter steele.7836

i am just wondering if it is possible for her soul to be available for us to interact with in the mists. it will be quite intersting

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

i am just wondering if it is possible for her soul to be available for us to interact with in the mists. it will be quite intersting

And if you mean afterlife and such… fun fact: we never encounter a sylvari soul.

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

That’s a good point, Konig! I’ve seen ghostly humans, Norn, Charr and Asura, but not a single Sylvari ghost.

That actually makes me sad, considering that Sieran talked about visiting the Mists after her death.

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Posted by: Jelle.4623

Jelle.4623

On the other hand, we have ghostly cannons… why not ghostly plants?

J/k

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Ghostly cannons and trebuchets are only seen in Ascalon if I remember right. I would say that it’s likely that they are just an effect of the Foefire. Basically memories of the Ascalonian Ghosts brought to life. That said, I don’t think anyone’s saying we can’t have ghostly plants, just that we’ve never had sight of Sylvari spirits. The biggest theories lie around The Dream and their connection to it, although there isn’t anything to really found our speculations on as of yet.

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

There’s ghostly treasure and ale in Broken Beacon and The Shattered Keep respectively.

I think ghosts are just capable of forming objects – weapons, clothing, cannons, trebuchets, etc. – like they can form (and reform in the case of Foefire ghosts and other very rare examples) themselves.

Dear ANet writers,

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Ghostly cannons and trebuchets are only seen in Ascalon if I remember right…. Basically memories of the Ascalonian Ghosts brought to life.

I’ve always found that exceedingly strange and bothersome, seeing as the Ascalonians didn’t have cannons. Oversight, I hope.

As to finding Scarlet in the Mists- exceedingly unlike, and not just due to the possibility of sylvari being soulless. Finding any departed soul would be next to impossible- humans go to the Underworld, which we can’t reach, and we don’t even know where to begin looking for the spirits of other races.

(and reform in the case of Foefire ghosts and other very rare examples)

I might be misremembering, but aren’t all ghosts said to reform until whatever is holding them back is dealt with?

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

So: If Sylvari’s have spirits then they will go to the afterlife. If Scarlet’s soul hasn’t been eaten / captured by her dragon overlord it seem obvious that she would be in the afterlife / mists. So theoretically we should be able to find her.

Although, don’t dead Sylvari turn into trees?

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

So theoretically we should be able to find her.

Again, no. It is not even theoretically possible for us to find any spirits within the Mists, be they sylvari, charr, human, skritt, doesn’t matter. Short of dying, we are A.) unable to access the Mists, and B.) once in, unable to traverse them beyond whatever chunk of pseudo-reality we happen to land on.

The sole exception to the first point is the agency of divine spirits (gods for the humans, spirits of the wild for the norn) or the single, one-in-a-million aberration that resulted in access to the Mistlock Observatory. In both cases, the second problem applies- we cannot travel freely anywhere throughout the Mists just because we manage to get our foot into a particular door.

Although, don’t dead Sylvari turn into trees?

Also no. I believe you are misremembering the story about the Revered Terebinth, where the sacrifice of a secondborn sylvari altered the nature of a pre-existing tree. There’s nothing to suggest that said secondborn’s spirit lingered there, however.

(edited by Aaron Ansari.1604)

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Scorch_Emberspire, so spirits can be found in the mist. But yes to gain access to the underworld would be a bit more tricky I guess.

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Scorch_Emberspire, so spirits can be found in the mist. But yes to gain access to the underworld would be a bit more tricky I guess.

Emberspire was found in the Realm of Torment, which is no longer sucking souls in like mad, and is also no longer sucking the world in and so can no longer be accessed.

I’m not saying that it’s never happened or never been possible, but when it has happened, it’s relied on the divine agency of the human gods in some form or another, something that hasn’t been around for over 200 years.

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Emberspire was found in the Realm of Torment, which is no longer sucking souls in like mad, and is also no longer sucking the world in and so can no longer be accessed.

I’m not saying that it’s never happened or never been possible, but when it has happened, it’s relied on the divine agency of the human gods in some form or another, something that hasn’t been around for over 200 years.

In summary Emberspire doesn’t suck anymore.

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

(and reform in the case of Foefire ghosts and other very rare examples)

I might be misremembering, but aren’t all ghosts said to reform until whatever is holding them back is dealt with?

“Perhaps there is some good left in this world, for you turned down Jahnus at great risk to your life. That vile beast deserves whatever awaits him in the depths of the Underworld. I only wish it could have been I who cast down his spirit. The dead are grateful, my friend, and hope you will accept this token.” _
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Refuse
the_King

Doesn’t seem to be so. The only stated case of a returning spirit other than Foefire ones is the Demagogue in Arurora’s Remains. In other cases – especially throughout GW1 – “killed” spirits = sent to the Mists.

You’re forgetting about the Havrouns, Voices of Koda, and WvW portals (which are asuran, as it seems the Balthazar bit got edited out during development sadly).

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

scarlet in the mists?

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

@Konig
Found the line I was remembering. “Spirits can be dissipated, but until they resolve [what’s trapped them], the ghosts will reappear time and time again” , from the Priest of Grenth in Shaemoor. So yeah… that’s odd.

As to your examples, I did obliquely mention havrouns above. The Voices of Koda don’t actually seem to go anywhere, in body or spirit- their minds are just “open” which implies that the Mists come to them. The WvW portals I deliberately ignored, because there’s conflicting accounts even within the game as to their origin- but either way they’d fall under either the divine agency or anomalous experiment categories from my above post.