Anet forcing us to use Hambow

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

The more nerfs warr get the more we are pushed into hambow.

Why?

Well warriors need CI and soon Burst mastery is more needed then before.
+ these traitlines gives:
Adrenaline health
Adrenaline on weapon swap
Fast hands
All traits that are kinda must have for warrior..
And triple stances skills are still the best skills for pvp.

only 1 weapon set benefit the most out of these traitlines/skill
And thats hambow.

This is why:

Hammer is also in defensive tree…
(where for GS you need atleast 4 traits into a different traitline to make it somewhat viable..)
Longbow doesnt need a trait to be viable

You dont need precision because hammer is just about 3x chainstun that benefit the most with sigil of intelligence..

And because the stunchain from hammer you also dont need a CC skill so you have room left for triple stance..
Where different weapons often need something like bulls charge to setup a burst.

Both weapons are Aoe burst attacks.
And only Hammer and longbow can stack might that fast

Maby its just me.. but i think Anet should move hammer trait to strength or something.. so they make hambow slightly less viable.

Because all they do now is nerfing other warrior builds.. the nerfs that are coming and from the past almost never hit hambow but it does hit allot of other builds all the time.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

More like 90% of warriors are afraid to move away from the easy to play builds. There are viable alternatives, you just aren’t comfortable stepping outside your face-roll zone. I don’t even use shouts+soldier runes or CI and my warrior build brushes conditions off like its nothing. Swap a few things around and I could make it an offense build I just don’t play my warrior much anymore because of my disgust towards it’s design.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

More like 90% of warriors are afraid to move away from the easy to play builds. There are viable alternatives, you just aren’t comfortable stepping outside your face-roll zone. I don’t even use shouts+soldier runes or CI and my warrior build brushes conditions off like its nothing. Swap a few things around and I could make it an offense build I just don’t play my warrior much anymore because of my disgust towards it’s design.

There are other builds that works great.. i dont say i am using hambow.
But hambow gives the most to your group…

Condibunker/shout healing doesnt bring much into the group..
Axe-X/longbow aint bringing much to the team..
Same for
Axe-sword/longbow
Axe-shield/longbow
Axe-axe/longbow
Axe-sword/hammer
Axe-shield/hammer
Axe-axe/hammer
Axe-sword/Greatsword
Axe-shield/Greatsword
Axe-axe/Greatsword
Greatsword/longbow
Greatsword/Hammer
Sword-sword/longbow (condi)
Sword-shield/longbow (condi)
Mace-sword/longbow (condi)
Mace-sword/Hammer
Mace-shield/Greatsword

Most of these builds doesnt bring much for the rest of the team.. some builds may be better in 1vs1.. but thats it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

You my dear OP need a dictionary. You appear to have no idea what the word “force” means. They do not force you to do anything.

They may overly incentivise you to take it over other options for most situations, but to claim they “force” you to do anything is a bit insulting.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

You my dear OP need a dictionary. You appear to have no idea what the word “force” means. They do not force you to do anything.

They may overly incentivise you to take it over other options for most situations, but to claim they “force” you to do anything is a bit insulting.

Ok lets see how unwelcome you are if you come with your GS build or whatever in tpvp/spvp..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Ok lets see how unwelcome you are if you come with your GS build or whatever in tpvp/spvp..

You need better friends if they make you feel unwelcome for playing what you have fun with. The great thing about playing outside of the meta is that players do not seem to know how to fight you.

Your reply still doesn’t address your lack of familiarity with words and their meanings.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Please use propper grammar and rename title to hambot.

Same for any other warior build.

Youre welcome

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

And yet Gs/Axe+shield warrior is arguably the best at www roaming.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Profession Balance

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

Youre welcome

How’s that glass house comin’ along?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Well warriors need CI-

Unless you’re shout trooper.

Then you can mold break and run something crazy.

When it comes to team support, though; Rapid condition clearing is pretty helpful. Not as helpful as hambow, but still pretty helpful.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Youre welcome

How’s that glass house comin’ along?

arguments against my non-native english – 1
arguments of warriors not being OP and stupidly boring – 0

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i play warrior a fair amount and am too proud to ever play as a hambow clone/clown.
well i’m not sure if “proud” is the right word, but i’d just feel dirty using such a cheap build.
its like on that rare occasion that you give MM necro a try and while the minions are killing the enemies you think “i must look like such a noob right now.”

i play A/A or GS zerker specs, the way warrior should be!
also a full on norn bunker, the way warrior should be!
none of this cheap hambow nonsense!

also people having trouble with hambow should make a PU mesmer,
i’ve never had such an easy time melting hambows as on my PU!