Anyone else worried about Dire?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Now that crit damage is getting nerfed, I have a strange feeling that dire is going to become more powerful if stats arent lowered slightly. Condi itself is fine, but Dire right now is getting lots of following as a go to set. How do you guys feel about this stat combo vs the crit damage => ferocity change.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

if you want a glass cannon condi build no one will play them because they will not be alive long enough to see the conditions do any meaningful damage.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

I do not want glass condi. . . the only reason I speak of dire is because it gives both vitality and toughness. Its why i didn’t mention rabid.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Speaking from my engi and necro’s perspective I am willing to bet not many can tell if they are fighting dire or rabid builds.

Dire let’s condition builds be attrition. It will still kill slower then rabid because it won’t crit as often.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I am not.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Unless you’re relying on traits/sigils/runes that require crit to proc, the damage increase from precision on a build with less than 2400 attack is pretty minimal. Dire builds in general can hit very hard for the amount of survivability they’re given. Especially compared to how much survivability many crit builds have to give up to do the same damage a bit quicker. Let’s be honest, while it’s not instantaneous, there are plenty of condi builds out there that can deal damage fast enough to be called “burst”.

With the reduction in crit damage, I definitely expect to see even more condi setups in small scale WvW.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

Unless you’re relying on traits/sigils/runes that require crit to proc, the damage increase from precision on a build with less than 2400 attack is pretty minimal. Dire builds in general can hit very hard for the amount of survivability they’re given. Especially compared to how much survivability many crit builds have to give up to do the same damage a bit quicker. Let’s be honest, while it’s not instantaneous, there are plenty of condi build out there that can deal damage fast enough to be called “burst”.

With the reduction in crit damage, I definitely expect to see even more condi setups in small scale WvW.

I thought that too then I crit with pry bar on my engineer for 1.2-1.5k and non crit for 854. I don’t call that minimal damage increase of course it helps that the base damage is already high which it is for many engi attacks why they can hybrid decently.

If your a necro running scepter then that scales like crap with direct damage so it’s a no brainer. Thief doesn’t need precision for anything in a condi build why carrion was the popular choice before. Mesmers need the precision if they plan to kill anyone at all with a condi build that is already weak on condi spike ability.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Unless you’re relying on traits/sigils/runes that require crit to proc, the damage increase from precision on a build with less than 2400 attack is pretty minimal. Dire builds in general can hit very hard for the amount of survivability they’re given. Especially compared to how much survivability many crit builds have to give up to do the same damage a bit quicker. Let’s be honest, while it’s not instantaneous, there are plenty of condi build out there that can deal damage fast enough to be called “burst”.

I thought that too then I crit with pry bar on my engineer for 1.2-1.5k and non crit for 854. I don’t call that minimal damage increase of course it helps that the base damage is already high which it is for many engi attacks why they can hybrid decently.

If your a necro running scepter then that scales like crap with direct damage so it’s a no brainer. Thief doesn’t need precision for anything in a condi build why carrion was the popular choice before. Mesmers need the precision if they plan to kill anyone at all with a condi build that is already weak on condi spike ability.

As a Mesmer precision is pretty important given the amount of bleeds that are given as a result of crits.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

For necros it’s pretty important too. Barbed Precision adds a LOT of damage. Mesmers do need it even more, though.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

How do i feel? I feel that condi dmg will still be useless in www.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

For necros it’s pretty important too. Barbed Precision adds a LOT of damage. Mesmers do need it even more, though.

Ahh correct I forgot about barbed precision. I dropped my crit chance down to 25% on my necro and felt that was good enough but I was more focused on dhuumfire procs then the barbed. I wouldn’t run that low on my mesmer ever.

{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

i hear Oprah giving dire gear to everyone

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Why are people more worried about Dire than Settlers? Settlers at least adds sustain, vitality only benefits you for a small portion of a fight…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Because healing power is a garbage stat for anyone that isn’t a BM regen ranger, especially necro?

Necro has absolutely no real self healing so settler’s is a waste on them.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

low vitality isn’t going to shatter anything. In spvp alone, I doubt it’ll be much different than rabid, less damage, slightly more survivability. Woo.

I’d worry more about the changes to runes/sigils.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

That’s pretty minimal damage, maybe for a fully condition spec it,s a lot, but I know that skill can hit a lot more than that.

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

Uhh well of course it can hit more other wise power would be useless. That is good for 1200 power.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Because healing power is a garbage stat for anyone that isn’t a BM regen ranger, especially necro?

Necro has absolutely no real self healing so settler’s is a waste on them.

Healing Power is a waste in general, it’s better to grab toughness always because 1) Healing Power scales with 0 skills well and 2) Toughness actually makes your heals give you more effective health (what’s better a heal for 1000 on an ele or a heal for 1000 on a guardian? the guardian, because it’s harder to reduce that 1000 gained health due to higher armor)

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)