Balance Changes Sept.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/18/gw2-class-balance-changes-in-september-feature-pack/
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-changes-in-the-september-2014-feature-pack/

So it seems warr get the most nerfs again.
They are buffing necro with cleaving.. great..
No more Fiery greatsword it seems for dungeons :-P
Guardians get more buffs to lame spirit weapons (and to its support/offense… i dont get it because they are already master in support.. and there offense is great if they want to)
Mesmer will be more OP in duel.. still not viable in group
Ranger is Pew pew pewing all day long from range
And thiefs will be even more OP with p/d..

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jagstang.6912

Jagstang.6912

RIP warriors. Might as well delete the class now since it’ll be useless. What are we gonna do when our eviscerates miss? FML

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

RIP warriors. Might as well delete the class now since it’ll be useless. What are we gonna do when our eviscerates miss? FML

Get good.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Mesmer will be more op in a duel because we can slot a skill that copies boons of a target in place of our:
Stealth, Mobility, Condition Removal.

Seems legit.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I missed the part where you say youre being sarcastic.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

meteornado removal is the end of the few ele dps still playing WWW.

But its fair because WWW is only for thieves warriors and guardians.

How dare people play other professions….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

But its fair because WWW is only for necros, waterspam eles, warriors and guardians.

Fixed that for ya.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

So much for hoping there would be a lot more for the Ranger than what was in the video. They really need to take a long hard look at that class and decide if it’s time to raise the white flag on their pet system.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Quednau.7390

Quednau.7390

So all the classes get buffs except warrior, lets nerf them, like wtf… out of all the things they need to nerf, they decide to nerf adrenaline.. something no one has complained about.

Darkhaven
[Qrew] Leader
Warrior

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

decide if it’s time to raise the white flag on their pet system.

Heh do they ever raise a white flag on any of their more “controversial” decisions? They didn’t back down when the ascended fiasco hit or the usual miss when it comes to balance updates, the fractal update erasing the levels you did and general features added (outifts, commander tag colors costing 300 g each color, megaserver etc). The only time they backed down on something was during the human light cultural tier 3 armor on the gemstore fiasco. It really puts their priorities in perspective doesn’kitten

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Atherakhia.4086

So all the classes get buffs except warrior, lets nerf them, like wtf… out of all the things they need to nerf, they decide to nerf adrenaline.. something no one has complained about.

People complain about Warrior burst skills all the time. And Thieves got hit just as hard.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

It is good now the ***bs will stop whining about it and still won’t affect pro players, I just love the fact that now I’m going to able to destroy zergs with whirling axes-sharpened axes-full adrenaline-combustive shot, rinse-repeat. I know that the next wave of whiners is going to be Whirling Axe.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

But its fair because WWW is only for thieves warriors and guardians.

Ever heard of bear form or golem?

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

All that crying warriors, delicious. Go ahaed and delete you warrior if you feel like it, I don’t care. Necros get the same treatment as Thieves get, their dagger AA will now hit 2 targets. Necros also get more survivability, which will push them in PvP and WvW but not in PvE. Guardian conjured weapons get an update, which will improve the only useless part of the guardian, which is also great. FGS gets “fixed”, that change will hit eles but they will still have a spot in PvE groups. The Norn bear form will take the place FGS got but I think it will get nerfed soon also.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yoh.8469

Yoh.8469

I swear, I heard about several of these balance problems and some of their solutions back in January. How much do you have to suck at your job for it to take 9 months to fix?
Overall it’s a boil plate balance change, but Anet act like it’s an oasis in a desert…. maybe because it’s been 4-6 months since we last got a balance change that wasn’t a minor bug fix or tooltip update. I’ve never seen a company work so slow before. (when it comes to balance)

I am not impressed.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Esplen.3940

maybe because it’s been 4-6 months since we last got a balance change that wasn’t a minor bug fix or tooltip update. I’ve never seen a company work so slow before. (when it comes to balance)

I am not impressed.

Except Mesmers got shafted pretty hard with one of those tooltip updates.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Yoh.8469

maybe because it’s been 4-6 months since we last got a balance change that wasn’t a minor bug fix or tooltip update. I’ve never seen a company work so slow before. (when it comes to balance)

I am not impressed.

Mesmers always seem to get shafted. They are still a miserable pile of bugs… and secrets.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

I am not impressed.

Mesmers got shafted by accurate information?

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Esplen.3940

Mesmers got shafted by accurate information?

Somehow, yes.

Our Sword #3 got “tooltip updated” by changing the effect to the description instead of the other way around. Now we can’t teleport to our clone if it dies.

We can’t teleport to our melee clone if it dies.

We can’t teleport to our melee paperdoll if it dies.

We can’t teleport to our paperdoll if it gets hit.

We can’t teleport to our paperdoll if the enemy attacks.

We can’t teleport if the enemy attacks.

We can’t teleport.

Oh, and the clone loves to fail at leaping. If you use him in Dry Tops, most of the time you can walk faster than he leaps.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

You guys need to diversify if you honestly believe that the mesmer profession is the only one that has issues of this nature. Trust me, these problems occur with every profession.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Yoh.8469

You guys need to diversify if you honestly believe that the mesmer profession is the only one that has issues of this nature. Trust me, these problems occur with every profession.

Oh absolutely. I have one of each, and every single one of them have huge gaping problems. Thou I don’t think any of them are quite as buggy as the Mesmer is.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Every profession has it’s bugs yes, but if you believe there to the state of the Mesmers. than you need to play Mesmer!

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

Every profession has it’s bugs yes, but if you believe there to the state of the Mesmers. than you need to play Mesmer!

I do my friend. I command with it on often occasion as well. Did so last night. perhaps you should play the other 7 professions yourself.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Atherakhia.4086

That’s it! I’m taking the Mesmer Challenge! I will find out who reigns supreme at the bottom of the barrel: Ranger or Mesmer!

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

It is good now the ***bs will stop whining about it and still won’t affect pro players, I just love the fact that now I’m going to able to destroy zergs with whirling axes-sharpened axes-full adrenaline-combustive shot, rinse-repeat. I know that the next wave of whiners is going to be Whirling Axe.

fun fact:
the whining will never stop, and you will never be pro playing gw2 on easy mode (warrior mode).

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I do my friend. I command with it on often occasion as well. Did so last night. perhaps you should play the other 7 professions yourself.

You sound like one of those people that play their mesmer once a month and think its fine and dandy and cool. The life of a mesmer main is pretty craptastic tbh.

And for the record if you read Neptune’s signature, he plays more than just mesmer so your argument is pretty weaksauce.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

You sound like one of those people that play their mesmer once a month and think its fine and dandy and cool. The life of a mesmer main is pretty craptastic tbh.

And for the record if you read Neptune’s signature, he plays more than just mesmer so your argument is pretty weaksauce.

I apologies if my personal opinion upsets you, and forces you to resort to such assumptions. As well, I do not care what his signature states, I was simply utilizing his tactic back towards him.

It is a shame to see that because I disagree with either of you, you prefer to make presumptuous claims as back handed insults, instead of an actual argument, or just allowing someone to have a different opinion.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

nearlight.3064

I apologies if my personal opinion upsets you, and forces you to resort to such assumptions. As well, I do not care what his signature states, I was simply utilizing his tactic back towards him.

It is a shame to see that because I disagree with either of you, you prefer to make presumptuous claims as back handed insults, instead of an actual argument, or just allowing someone to have a different opinion.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Mesmer-Bugs-40-Updated-August-10th/first

Here is a comprehensive list of mesmer bugs that the devs have basically ignored.

Anyway besides that for an actual argument, yeah other classes have their bugs, but none are as prolific or gamebreaking as the ones faced by the mesmer. Other things that have been berated to death: In PvE memser is almost 100% outclassed by guardians, have a long ramp up time for DPS that is easily crippled by bosses with AoE or cleave. In GvGs and large scale WvW, mesmers are literally only there for veil, and if you don’t want to use veil (coordinated Shadow Refuges can work), you’re better off taking another thief on gank squads. In PvP, high end teams only take them for portal, and their actual ranged burst damage is outclassed by a thiefs melee burst or even an fresh air eles burst damage.

Also the only buff they’ve recieved was to Prismatic Understanding, which only hurt the reputation of the class, and most competent players who play mesmer want to do more with their class than be a PU cheese build scrub. Not to mention, some of their new GM traits are a joke. Anyway coglin, I mean nothing personal, but you’ve been posting a lot about people’s opinions of classes being the worst. And while its true that the overall perception of a class by the community is an opinion, you really cannot deny the fact that mesmers, as well as 2 other classes are considered niche or outclassed for most areas of the game, when looking at the opinions about these classes by the community as a whole.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Every bug that is listed there that effects clones, also effects spirit weapons, engineer turrets and many of those apply to ranger pets.

But if you are using a numerical list of that sort as your representation of need, then mesmers are 3rd behind the comprehensive list of engineers and rangers as well.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

nearlight.3064

Every bug that is listed there that effects clones, also effects spirit weapons, engineer turrets and many of those apply to ranger pets.

But if you are using a numerical list of that sort as your representation of need, then mesmers are 3rd behind the comprehensive list of engineers and rangers as well.

Some bugs are also in general to teleport skills and more mesmer specific things like temporal curtain being so bugged and not reflecting things properly. And in general these bugs go the core of the mesmer more so than other professions, although ALL bugs across all professions should be fixed in a reasonable time frame. Its ludicrous that so many bugs across the game for profession skills still exist 2 years in.

But lets not forget that EVERY mesmer spec is dependent on illusions to survive and deal respectable amounts of damage. Guardians sure as hell don’t need their spirit weapons like a mesmer needs illusions, and engi turrets don’t even move, but they aren’t needed either. A ranger has to use his pet, but when it falls to AoE, the ranger himself is at least more self-sufficient and useful than a mesmer with illusions that can’t survive to provide the mesmer’s damage output.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

So what your saying is, even when we use the measurements you offerered to claim the mesmer needs the most help, the bug list, and notice there are professions with larger bug list, you will switch gears all together and find some way to discount the other professions issues and promote them as less important then your main profession.

Got it.

We simply disagree.

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

nearlight.3064

So what your saying is, even when we use the measurements you offerered to claim the mesmer needs the most help, the bug list, and notice there are professions with larger bug list, you will switch gears all together and find some way to discount the other professions issues and promote them as less important then your main profession.

Got it.

We simply disagree.

Stop being facetious. I never once said that the number of bugs was a measurement of the worst class, you just made that up for whatever reason.

Also mesmer is no longer my main profession, it was once over a year ago, but I couldn’t stand relying on bugged, fragile as glass illusions to do anything of value.

I’m saying that all of the classes should have their bugs fixed, but the bugs that mesmers face are a bit more crippling to their performance than the bugs faced by other professions.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

(edited by nearlight.3064)

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Got it.

We simply disagree.

Stop being facetious. I never once said that the number of bugs was a measurement of the worst class, you just made that up for whatever reason.

Also mesmer is no longer my main profession, it was once over a year ago, but I couldn’t stand relying on bugged, fragile as glass illusions to do anything of value.

I’m saying that all of the classes should have their bugs fixed, but the bugs that mesmers face are a bit more crippling to their performance than the bugs faced by other professions.

Rangers and their pets say hi…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

While I can’t speak for coglin I got 2300 hours played of which 1900 are on Mesmer, PvE, WvW, commanding.

Anyhow, I think it’s quite ok and enjoyable. Yeah there’s bugs and yeaaaaaah there’s more than on other classes but not crippling so. The bigger issue is how illusion-generation and shattering is the wrong way around (generating should be the class mechanic, because shattering isn’t context-free, and as such not suitable for the class bar).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

OP made me realize something.

it’s not just ANet that has a gross misunderstanding of the thief profession, it’s the entire community.

venoms don’t benefit from condi damage. none of the thief buffs benefit thieves, in fact. we got two (deserved) nerfs and a bunch of buffs that honestly, i wouldn’t miss if they just didn’t add them.

actually, 3 nerfs (forgot choking gas), but yeah, i don’t disagree with the nerfs, i think the buffs are just in the wrong areas, and show a gross lack of understanding of the issues they’re trying to fix.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

ranger pets aren’t bugged. they’re just unreliable to the point of being bad.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I thought rangers have an identity problem. Remove the pet and rangers become another evade warrior

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

I thought rangers have an identity problem. Remove the pet and rangers become another evade warrior

warriors are more sturdy while rangers are more evasive. but pets aren’t getting removed any time soon, so it’s a moot point to discuss what they could or couldn’t be without their pets.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

it’s not just ANet that has a gross misunderstanding of the thief profession, it’s the entire community.

venoms don’t benefit from condi damage. none of the thief buffs benefit thieves, in fact. we got two (deserved) nerfs and a bunch of buffs that honestly, i wouldn’t miss if they just didn’t add them.

actually, 3 nerfs (forgot choking gas), but yeah, i don’t disagree with the nerfs, i think the buffs are just in the wrong areas, and show a gross lack of understanding of the issues they’re trying to fix.

How is providing venoms for your team with dps based on your condi dmg instead of theirs a buff in the wrong direction? AND, how do venoms NOT benefit from condi dmg? Torment is a pretty nice condition and with a well organized team you could easily stack 15-25 stacks on someone, they’ll be down before they know it.

Sounds like you just want more selfish builds.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Hm, mesmers and rangers are in bad situations, but of different kinds. For mesmers, it’s fundamentally a fairly good class except for a handful or useless traits, which I’m sure many classes have, and a good dozen of bugs that break one’s strategy. Ranger, on the other hand, has it worst in my opinion. There problem doesn’t lie in the “Diseases” which are bugs, and can therefore be cured, but rather in their natural disposition making them weaker in general, having been made to rely on the “crutch” that is their pet. Mesmers are harder to play than other classes, but if every bug was fixed, we’d be just as hard to play with just as high potential. Rangers, if their bugs were fixed, would still be variably weaker. These changes to ranger are steps in the right direction, but it can go further without making them OP.

On another note, I do hope they fix essential mesmer bugs as well as allow Power Block to interact with thief initiative.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

How is providing venoms for your team with dps based on your condi dmg instead of theirs a buff in the wrong direction? AND, how do venoms NOT benefit from condi dmg? Torment is a pretty nice condition and with a well organized team you could easily stack 15-25 stacks on someone, they’ll be down before they know it.

Sounds like you just want more selfish builds.

15 stacks on one person from venom share is a 5v1 situation. extra condi damage from stacks won’t change the obvious outcome. torment is the single condition damage venom (poison is not for damage).

thinking that the reason venoms aren’t viable is because venom share needs to deal more condi damage is an obvious sign that you don’t really get the problem either. the problem is venoms are completely uninteresting and useless untraited, and all the traits for them suck because otherwise they’d be OP with venomshare, not to mention spending 10-12 trait points just to get them half decent.

instead of having venoms being good untraited, powerful traited (like, say, ranger traps, for example), the devs keep balancing venoms under the assumption that the player is already going 6/x6/x/x, and because of that anything related to venoms is held back.

Balance Changes Sept.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/18/gw2-class-balance-changes-in-september-feature-pack/
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-changes-in-the-september-2014-feature-pack/

So it seems warr get the most nerfs again.
They are buffing necro with cleaving.. great..
No more Fiery greatsword it seems for dungeons :-P
Guardians get more buffs to lame spirit weapons (and to its support/offense… i dont get it because they are already master in support.. and there offense is great if they want to)
Mesmer will be more OP in duel.. still not viable in group
Ranger is Pew pew pewing all day long from range
And thiefs will be even more OP with p/d..

Warriors were Overbuffed in previous patches and they are trying to bring them in line with everyone else, so complain elsewhere about nerfs. When Warrior receives the whack-a-mole nerfing that elementalist received over a year ago, then you can complain. Also, still waiting for Ele to be able to get out of Arcane and Water attunements. Maybe one day they will remove the stupid CD reduction on Arcane and make it universal 9 second recharge. Then the class can become more than a bunker.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]