Balance The Way I See It

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I have noticed that certain combinations of things make a class rise above the rest.

Mesmers, Engineers, and Elementalists can remove conditions and permanently stack protection and regeneration. (This, of-course, is only for some specs on each class)

Thieves and Mesmers can stack stealth, clear conditions, and stack regeneration. (This, of-course, is only for some specs)

This combination makes these classes very hard to kill.

Warriors and Rangers would likely be up there due to their heavy regeneration and armor that functions like protection or with protection, however, they can’t remove conditions well enough and will be outlasted by the classes mentioned above many times. (there are exceptions)

Guardians have the condition clearing, protection, and regeneration ability but not in one spec unless they bunker. (A player may have found a way around the damage issue I have not, nor have I seen it.)

Necromancer has condition removal, but unfortunately permanent protection is extremely hard to spec for and they can’t stack both protection and regeneration well enough.

With the use of stealth, blind, interupts, evading, or blocking, Some builds will use this method of stacking protection/(stealth), regeneration, and heavy condition clearing to become almost immortal and some will 2 vs 1 any class who has no sustain unless the enemy has already though up a counter plan after seeing the build’s strengths and weaknesses. I have seen damage potential on each class. However, the real imbalance lies with sustain.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Wut… Warrior and ranger can’t clear condi’s? Mesmer and engi’s condi removal…?
I’m sorry dude but you are wayyyyy off.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

. . . What game are you playing?
Are you playing on a private server for guildwars?

Cause this is…

Not the same game you are describing

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Halfcentaur.9706

Halfcentaur.9706

hahahahahahahahahaha

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

Rangers can have Perm Regen and Swiftness btw.

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Zelulose.8695

I said for some builds. Mesmer actually can clear allot with certain specs. For example, when speced for mantras you have the ability to clear 18 conditions every 20 seconds or 6 ever 10 with a healing skill. There is also the disenchanter or null field and sigils to use.

Wut… Warrior and ranger can’t clear condi’s? Mesmer and engi’s condi removal…?
I’m sorry dude but you are wayyyyy off.

Of-course a shatter build may lack condition removal. But some mesmers have even worked condition removal into shatter.

The warrior just doesn’t have enough. They sacrifice adrenal regeneration to clear them or they have to heavy spec for condition removal crippling their damage. Ranger is similar, they can’t remove conditions as fast as an elementalist or mesmer for example. Healing spring would be their life saver, however they have to stand in it to gain condition removal.

A mesmer who specs for mantras gets 6 in dueling for ferocity and prec and can spend one point or 5 in inspiration to gain 15% phantasm damage with retaliation. They don’t sacrifice much damage (power or condi) for their healing specs including pu.

To test condition removal vs a condition class and strictly bunker with a regeneration warrior. Eventually the conditions will wear you down but power wont hurt you.
Now bunker with a mesmer. If you don’t like mantras bring null field and the disenchanter or even remove conditions with a torch trait in domination. The mesmer will not die to the condition spec and power and condition damage will be absorbed by the idefender. This is pushing condition removal to the max to perfectly counter a condition only build. (likely to never happen because power and condition damage are often mixed) The mesmer should outlast the warrior.

Rangers can have Perm Regen and Swiftness btw.

Yes, Lots of classes can have perma swiftness and I noted their regen

Overall it is interesting to hear other players experiences with classes I don’t play allot of maybe engineer needs a bit more condition removal due to the AR nerf

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Engineers and Mesmers have some of the worst condition removal for their meta specs. This is completely off.

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Zelulose.8695

Engineers and Mesmers have some of the worst condition removal for their meta specs. This is completely off.

There are some good players who don’t use the meta and I have to include them in my findings, but this is true. However, players don’t complain about the metas as much as they complain about the tricky custom builds that appear once in a while.
Do note, I intended this to be a broad perspective not a meta only build perspective.

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Actually mesmer have very good condition clears. They just dont use the skills / traits they have with that in mind in the meta builds.

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

There are some good players who don’t use the meta i have to include them in my findings but this is true. However, players don’t complain about the metas as much as they complain about the tricky custom builds that appear once in a while.
Do note I intended this to be a broad perspective not a meta build perspective.

You’re trying to talk about profession balance but not considering what you call the “meta build perspective.” Brilliant. So your analysis will have no impact on what people actually do.

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Op the way you see it is wrong so wrong. What game mode are you playing? WvW, Spvp, PvE?

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Zelulose.8695

Sorry for not clarifying. This is strictly spvp.
Also, Neko you misunderstand, I am including both meta such as cele eles or shatter mesmer and non meta builds such as aoe phantasm/clone death builds or zerker eles. It would be offensive or unfair to players who play do only meta builds to not include them. Basically, whichever build seems better is being mentioned for the various boons and stealth sorry for the misunderstanding.

I would enjoy hearing why so many players disagree so that other players and I can identify what the real issue is as we are all still learning.

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Also, Neko you misunderstand, I am including both meta such as cele eles or shatter mesmer and non meta builds such as aoe phantasm/clone death builds or zerker eles. It would be offensive or unfair to players who play do only meta builds to not include them. Basically, whichever build seems better is being mentioned for the various boons and stealth sorry for the misunderstanding.

I would enjoy hearing why so many players disagree so that other players and I can identify what the real issue is as we are all still learning.

I think to talk about balance, you have to focus on meta builds. They are mostly used for high level play for reasons instead of people just randomly picking one as meta.

If the attention is too spread out to all levels of play, it will be impossible to balance.

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Balance is not done around who can 1v1 who.
Dueling is not a supported game mode.
Also your facts about mantra condi clears is so rediculously over exaggerated lol.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atiar.5469

Atiar.5469

Props to you Zelulose for taking the criticism calmly.

Balance The Way I See It

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Actually mesmer have very good condition clears. They just dont use the skills / traits they have with that in mind in the meta builds.

The problem is if you trait for and take several Condi cleanse skills (ie menders purity, cleansing conflag, mantra of recovery, restorative mantras, mantra of resolve, null field/AT/idisenchanter, shattered conditions, etc…), firstly your personal survival is not helped enough to justify traiting and taking all these skills together, and secondly your deadliness in combat is severely reduced. Yes so you can pop off loads of Condi cleanses – but you’ll likely hit like a wet noodle and still be susceptible to damage because of leaving out other important survival skills or traits.