Blatant favoritism or just lack of awareness

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

I am perplexed and thrown by the huge disparity in trait quality etc among the classes. Perhaps a blatant example is the new grandmaster trait for Mesmers and warriors , compared to the rest. Is this just an example of how much Mesmer and Warrior are just so favored compared to the rest of the classes?

Or is it just that the Devs have no clue what the other classes actually need. The ranger class grandmaster and necromancer grandmaster should ALREADY BE IN THE GAME AS MECHANICS not TRAITS!

I am sorry, I cannot decide if it is just blatant favoritism or just plain ignorance to what the lesser classes need.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

maybe the other 4 gm traits are weaker on these two classes and the other classes get something awesome

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

maybe the other 4 gm traits are weaker on these two classes and the other classes get something awesome

Like Signet of Vampirism? The worst heal in the game.

lol

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

sorry, mesmers and warriors are two of the most prevalent classes due to their usefulness in PVE and PVP meta, in part due to their skills, and abilities. The rest of the classes suffer for the opposite reasons, their traits lack synergy and they don’t bring anything to the PVE meta. For PVP, they are situational. With regard to necromancers, we get conditions and then the aforemtioned classes complain and necros get further nerfed. Great, lets keep showing favoritism to the elite classes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

sorry, mesmers and warriors are two of the most prevalent classes due to their usefulness in PVE and PVP meta.

The Mesmer is not a part of the pvp meta….

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I am perplexed and thrown by the huge disparity in trait quality etc among the classes. Perhaps a blatant example is the new grandmaster trait for Mesmers and warriors , compared to the rest. Is this just an example of how much Mesmer and Warrior are just so favored compared to the rest of the classes?

I’m still perplexed that people consider the Mesmer trait so strong. have you checked the other two GM traits in that very slot? And how often do you see people with those, exactly?

Or PvE. Used to be good before the Time Warp nerf, granted.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

What is this guy talking about? Oh oh oh I got it Yolo Roaming and Doolz Meta in WvW!!

mesmers – not in PvP meta (s/tPvP)
mesmer – not PvE meta

Favoritism lol.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Oh yes, I forgot the all-important Doolz Meta, ofc. The one and true authority for PvP balance.

Especially because you know, it neither was included in the game nor is the game designed to accommodate it.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Myopic focus on SPVP when making balance decisions.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I’m still perplexed that people consider the Mesmer trait so strong. have you checked the other two GM traits in that very slot? And how often do you see people with those, exactly?

Or PvE. Used to be good before the Time Warp nerf, granted.

Actually Mesmer’s still have a firm seat in Dungeons. Those reflects are in high demand and they’ve been integral in performing some of the fastest Lupi kills in the game. (The current record for a Lupi kill last I heard was 7 seconds) It’s just the Pug speedclear community is usually months behind the actual meta.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Meh, except a few select bosses you might as well just use a Guardian. Less 1-trick-pony.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

>Mesmer
>“meta”

Attachments: