CDI Format Proposal

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Hey everyone,

Chris has proposed the format for the upcoming CDI (link here). Please take a look at it and share your suggestions if you have any.

Thanks!

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Oh, cool. Helpful. Thanks!

Benight[Edge]

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Question Allie, there seems to be bit of Confussion between the Ranger’s on where we should be posting the CDI for the Ranger Balance Idea’s.

I think would be best if new clean topic was started and the Title along the lines "Ranger CDI Balance.

Currently I’m seeing posts allover the place and players saying not to post here and there.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

Question Allie, there seems to be bit of Confussion between the Ranger’s on where we should be posting the CDI for the Ranger Balance Idea’s.

I think would be best if new clean topic was started and the Title along the lines "Ranger CDI Balance.

Currently I’m seeing posts allover the place and players saying not to post here and there.

It has not even started!
They will launch a new thread tomottow.

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I doubt hard, that anything like what Chris proposed will be heard by the most people, once the official CDI Thread is tommorrow or friday there…

I myself have too many things up my mind, to be hold back by a nonsensical 150 word limit. Classes are a extreme complex topic, you can’t talk about them and make poroposals on just 150 words… Unneccessary World Limiots lead only into way more unneccessary circumventions of the limit.

People need to make examples to describe better and easier things, especially when its related to Skills, Traits and other Class Mechanics about which we WILL definetely talk here significantly, because I absolutely think, that the Ranger is among the Thief the class, which needs a complete redesign in regard of their Skills, Traits and especially class specific mechanics.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

I doubt hard, that anything like what Chris proposed will be heard by the most people, once the official CDI Thread is tommorrow or friday there…

I myself have too many things up my mind, to be hold back by a nonsensical 150 word limit. Classes are a extreme complex topic, you can’t talk about them and make poroposals on just 150 words… Unneccessary World Limiots lead only into way more unneccessary circumventions of the limit.

People need to make examples to describe better and easier things, especially when its related to Skills, Traits and other Class Mechanics about which we WILL definetely talk here significantly, because I absolutely think, that the Ranger is among the Thief the class, which needs a complete redesign in regard of their Skills, Traits and especially class specific mechanics.

That’s why we have the CDI Format Proposal. Constitute your concerns and give some helpfull suggestions related to the format. If everyone starts to post walls of text we wont get any attention.

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

Orpheal.8263

Walls of Text aren’t bad, as long they are clearly formatted, good readable through this and make use of spoilers to blend out text passages of maybe other topics to visually reduce the size of the posting, so that the reader can stay focused on what interests him/her and those things, that saren’t of your personal interest, stay just unopened under their spoiler.

However – I made a few minutes ago just a test for myself with a suggestion concerning the thief to see, if I can put really all of my thoughts together in 150 words and I surprisingly were able to put that off , when I could have gone far more into details xD

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

Walls of Text aren’t bad, as long they are clearly formatted, good readable through this and make use of spoilers to blend out text passages of maybe other topics to visually reduce the size of the posting, so that the reader can stay focused on what interests him/her and those things, that saren’t of your personal interest, stay just unopened under their spoiler.

However – I made a few minutes ago just a test for myself with a suggestion concerning the thief to see, if I can put really all of my thoughts together in 150 words and I surprisingly were able to put that off , when I could have gone far more into details xD

Chris actually liked my idea of putting the detailed version of your suggestion behind spoilers.
That’s the way I gonna post my stuff.

Also, 1 wall of text might be enjoyable to read, but if this wall of text grows faster than you can read, I don’t think it would help that much.
Personally, I wont read 100 posts, which each one of the contaning 500+ words.

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

Orpheal.8263

if you meant by these words the last CDI thread of horizomtal progression, then I#ve to agree.

But the problem here aren’t the Walls of Text.
The problem that the last CDI had were too many OT discussions, the thread itself being way too long open and that the hot topics didn’t got seperated early into own CDI Threads …

Thats why I’m eagerly awaiting the moment, when Chris will open up as he proposed it an official CDI about my suggestion of Sub Classes, because it was such a strogn topic, that draw alot of attention away from the CDI Thread, even when topic wise Sub Classes did fit to the CDI, but I couldn’t have foreseen it, that my Idea gets so much attention, that it gets pages long of postings after posting together with an other topic of someone else, which were together like a red line through the whole thread

However, the best way to keep walls of text readable and enjoyable to read is through proper formatting of the postign, using Spoiler Tags to visually shrink the postign to small size, so that everybody can individually decide over it, what they want to read and what not, without getting crushed the whole text instantly like a hammer onto the head xD

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

Yes, there are some topics who have to be discussed. It somehow feels like designing a new game, so much things could be polished. Like underwatercombat, which is left behind for a long time now.
But at the end ANet has to read all the stuff and ANet has do decide what should be done and what not. We should keep that in mind if we’re posting suggestions.

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

-They are not going to redesign a class
-They are not going to redesign the game

They are going to make tweaks. Small adjustments, then sit back and reevaluate. I have seen far too many posts that completely redesign a class or parts of the game. Not …going…to …happen.

Brief, concise suggestions and ideas. Walls of text won’t accomplish anything

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Detharos.3157

Detharos.3157

I know I have a habit of rambling on and repeating things, so I can definitely cut a lot of my thoughts down to fit this limit. This suggestion sits well with me.

Dathaul, 80 Melee Ranger
Ferguson’s Crossing server.

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

They are going to make tweaks. Small adjustments, then sit back and reevaluate. I have seen far too many posts that completely redesign a class or parts of the game. Not …going…to …happen.

Well, here is another post clamoring for a ranger re-design, because the current one has a broken class mechanic and is not fir for purpose.

I know Anet is not prepared to do this, so this CDI will be an absolute and utter waste of time…

Oh, and those tweaks and small adjustments you mention have been going on since launch and have broken more things than they ‘fixed’. The class is worse now than it was at launch.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

If this CDI is a waste of time than we can lean back and uninstall the game.

We [the community] did everything we could.

If ANET cannot solve the “ranger problem” there is no point to play with a game where the designers are incompetent and ignorant (at least for me…).

But I do trust…

Fingers crossed xOx

#I no words have"

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dave Pare.2069

Dave Pare.2069

Chris actually liked my idea of putting the detailed version of your suggestion behind spoilers.
That’s the way I gonna post my stuff.

Also, 1 wall of text might be enjoyable to read, but if this wall of text grows faster than you can read, I don’t think it would help that much.
Personally, I wont read 100 posts, which each one of the contaning 500+ words.

I’ve got 22 suggestions (just counted) but I’m definetly not going to post 22 different times.

Everything will be formatted proprely to be easy to read and my only suggestion exceeding the 150 words is actually 169 words long. It will be a long post, but divided in 22 short paragraphs, each one concerning a different suggestion. Hope this will not be classified as a “Wall of Text”!!!

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

Although I feel like this is a strong format, I’m not sure if I can abide by the length restrictions, as I too have a variety of topics to discuss. I will try my best to break them up slightly into different posts though. Cheers

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

Orpheal.8263

-They are not going to redesign a class
-They are not going to redesign the game

Brief, concise suggestions and ideas. Walls of text won’t accomplish anything

Dude, whats your problem here? relax ! Redesigning a Class is absolutely anytime possible, if the Devs see, that its needed to brign back a class to its correct path of being balanced or to make certain features functionate better.

ANet hasn’t also been scared by completely changing the Fractals basically, so why should they make a stop out of a sudden when it comes down to Classes.

Do you really think by bad mouthing my posting, that something like a Class Redesign can never happen? Seriously – grow up.

However, as said – I just made only a freaking TEST posting (how could that been just overread by you??) to see, how the new proposal format that is beign discussed currently does look to me, because I was very sceptical about it, if its possible to put off complex ideas into a tiny 150 word limit format
You even posted in your quote my part, where I#ve exactly written, that my postign was just only a TEST.

However, if the Devs see out of this test postign an interesting proposal, so why not
I’d be happy with that kind of redesign of the Thief.

However, it won’t happen, because I know too, that the focus of ANet and us will lie first for now on the ranger >.>
But that Class would have a redesign badly in need as like the thief also too.
I’d say even more in need, than the thief at the moment. Too much thigns of the ranger class simply aren’t working very well or aren’t really well thought out and could work alot better so that the class could make alot more fun to play.

CDI Format Proposal

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

ANet knows full well that there are no low hanging fruit let for this class. They said as much in the last thread. This class is broken at its very core and if ANet isn’t willing to acknowledge they may need to redesign the class or adjust the game to fit it in then they should tell us from the outset of the CDI thread.

As it is right now, just to get the pet working, will require an ENORMOUS amount of effort on ANet’s part and if they aren’t willing to do it, they should delete the class and give everyone a new 80. The issue is that big.

And that’s completely ignoring the other glaring problems with the class like how ANet didn’t give it the tools it needs for a power build to function at any level. Or how the majority of their utility skills need 30 trait points before they’re even worth slotting.

Small tweaks and number crunching is not going to work here. Sorry to disappoint you Forzani.