ELE VS GURDIAN , help to make this decision

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Maxhzalot.2301

Maxhzalot.2301

likewise the topic said, currently I want to level up my 3rd character to 80. However, it is really a question for me to make the decison between these 2 claesses.
My main target is to find a one good at roaming in WVW and good at PVP as an offensive one.
To ele, what i know is really good in PVP for almost all roles (DD bd), but i cant find some decent videos about roaming DDer in WVW, Which worries me so much about the performance of dd ele in WVW…
Moves to Guardian part, i know many of you play guardian with medi build in PVP and feels good. However, i find a post to mention that there is guardian hit the top 10 in solo socreboard. This made me feel that medi build will be very tough for me to win pvp games in high levels(pvp LEVEL).
Thereby, i am really want to know which one to choose?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

The downside to guardian is their poor mobility.

I haven’t played ele much but so far the downside to it seems to be my limitation of only 10 fingers.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

I haven’t played ele much but so far the downside to it seems to be my limitation of only 10 fingers.

I play xbox controller, having 15 skills or 25 doesn’t make a difference.

That said, an Ele with have a much easier time roaming, beating players 1v1 thanks to good sustainability and taking camps. Aim for Celestial Ascended gear as you’ll make up for the lower damage for a constant 25 stacks of might.

However, Guardians are much easier to play.

In a high level skill match up between an Elementalist and Guardian, Elementalist will always win.
In a low-median skill match up, Guardian will always win.

A bad Elementalist is the same as a bad thief, prepare to get stomped all the time if you lack the skill.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

2 different roles.
-Guardian is the supporter one, who let you stay alive and give you defensive buffs.
But you can’t use another build than supporter/bunker, because dps guardian is kicked off from any team why it’s lack of offensive ability and skills.

-Ele can do everithing. You want to be a dps? You can! You want to be a bunker? You can! You want to be a supporter… it’s harder but you can, whit fire fields, blasts, etc.
Ele is the versatile one, that change it’s role during the combat from a dps (fire) to a bunker (earth) to a healer (water) and make you obtain useful movement and cc skills (lightning). That make the ele the best class to use a Celestial equipment.
If you learn how to play a ele, you’re the best class in the game (whit a good build). If you’re not a very good ele player you’re only a dead player waiting to be stomped.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Scepter/dagger is the new meta for ele. Thats a beast. It melts down everything what not flees with 735km/h

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

I play xbox controller, having 15 skills or 25 doesn’t make a difference.

That said, an Ele with have a much easier time roaming, beating players 1v1 thanks to good sustainability and taking camps. Aim for Celestial Ascended gear as you’ll make up for the lower damage for a constant 25 stacks of might.

However, Guardians are much easier to play.

In a high level skill match up between an Elementalist and Guardian, Elementalist will always win.
In a low-median skill match up, Guardian will always win.

A bad Elementalist is the same as a bad thief, prepare to get stomped all the time if you lack the skill.

This is not true at all, I play both classes at a fairly high skill level and once Guardians learn a good build they stand a chance against high skill level eles. Eles are far harder to play, but that’s more of a “tough to learn” thing, it’s not hard at all once you’re used to it. The thing with Guardian is that it’s not as naturally suited to duels as Ele is, you have to be creative with your builds and really think things through. A high level Guardian can be as scary as a high level Ele in 1v1s, but it’s harder for a Guardian, it takes a lot more time investment and thought.

That said, Ele is your best bet for WvW roaming. Simply put, it has better 1vx capability (burst combined with sustain). It is generally better at 1v1 (more options helps you counter a larger variety of enemy builds). Finally, you can outrun a standard Warrior if you use FGS, this means you can chase anyone and escape with relative ease. FGS is also amazing for camp soloing, simply stack the enemies then use FGS3 and 4 (with no target selected, that’s key) into a wall, you’ll kill the full camp after using these 2 if you did it right and have some dps in your build (that’s less than 5 seconds).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

when you’re inevitably going on a farming run where you need to tag things, nothing beats guardian staff. Ele is a ton more fun though if you like an active playstyle.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

2 different roles.
-Guardian is the supporter one, who let you stay alive and give you defensive buffs.
But you can’t use another build than supporter/bunker, because dps guardian is kicked off from any team why it’s lack of offensive ability and skills.

-Ele can do everithing. You want to be a dps? You can! You want to be a bunker? You can! You want to be a supporter… it’s harder but you can, whit fire fields, blasts, etc.
Ele is the versatile one, that change it’s role during the combat from a dps (fire) to a bunker (earth) to a healer (water) and make you obtain useful movement and cc skills (lightning). That make the ele the best class to use a Celestial equipment.
If you learn how to play a ele, you’re the best class in the game (whit a good build). If you’re not a very good ele player you’re only a dead player waiting to be stomped.

You are wrong.

dps Guardian can be extremely powerful and it doesnt lack offensive/defensive skills at all if u play it right u can face stomp any classess. more like gw2 doesnt have exact “support” classess