Give us 45% boon duration runes!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Eviscera.9703

Eviscera.9703

I know there are threads about this. But Anet seems really unaware about the problems they have caused to eles and guardians by killing boon duration builds.

So I’m going to bump this thread until I get an official statement from Anet on why this was nerfed by 25%

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Use runes of the traveler

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I think they are aware because the Ready UP about rune and sigil changes Roy specifically says “We know people like boon duration so there is a boon duration set” Aka rune of the water. They just didn’t give you 45% general boon duration set.

They will never give a general 45% set because it competes with all the runes and automatically becomes the defacto rune to take.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

/signed.

If not better boon duration runes, then give us a bone. Higher Boon Duration foods or Boon Duration gear/trinkets that’s more than just a lousy 1% (Givers). Something!

Water is not a good compensation.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

So I’m going to bump this thread until I get an official statement from Anet on why this was nerfed by 25%

The game itself is an official statement. You don’t need another one.

They wanted a lower cap on boon duration. How much more hand holding do you need to understand it?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mizu.4508

Mizu.4508

Personally I don’t run Boon Duration builds as a Guardian (not my style of play) but I do have to agree with the OP. If you ran 45% Boon Duration through the Water/Monk/Traveller then you knew you were giving up a 6/6 bonus but that’s how Boon Duration is supposed to be played. Their reasoning was they wanted people to encourage players to use 6/6 runes. So why not just create a 6/6 Boon Duration rune? Not everyone will use it but it solves the whole problem with people who use to run the 2/6+2/6+2/6 Water/Monk/Traveler runes.

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

Personally I don’t run Boon Duration builds as a Guardian (not my style of play) but I do have to agree with the OP. If you ran 45% Boon Duration through the Water/Monk/Traveller then you knew you were giving up a 6/6 bonus but that’s how Boon Duration is supposed to be played. Their reasoning was they wanted people to encourage players to use 6/6 runes. So why not just create a 6/6 Boon Duration rune? Not everyone will use it but it solves the whole problem with people who use to run the 2/6+2/6+2/6 Water/Monk/Traveler runes.

How can you not see a 45% general boon duration rune competes with every other boon rune out there I don’t know.

Now you have burst eles running runes of strength. When the super defensive bunker players stop moaning asking for something they wont get they can eventually run 6/6 water or 6/6 monk or 6/6 dwayna or 6/6 earth runes. You see

Strength, Earth, Monk, Water, Altruism, Grove etc… they all compete with each other believe it or not. You give out a rune giving 45% boon duration then there is no reason to run any other rune set because general is better then specialized if you have easy access to boons.

{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

How can you not see a 45% general boon duration rune competes with every other boon rune out there I don’t know.

Now you have burst eles running runes of strength. When the super defensive bunker players stop moaning asking for something they wont get they can eventually run 6/6 water or 6/6 monk or 6/6 dwayna or 6/6 earth runes. You see

Strength, Earth, Monk, Water, Altruism, Grove etc… they all compete with each other believe it or not. You give out a rune giving 45% boon duration then there is no reason to run any other rune set because general is better then specialized if you have easy access to boons.

Exactly. If there is an easy way to get a global bonus that matches or exceeds a specific bonus, the choice of the specific bonus may as well not exist.

And games that do not have valid choice but rather the illusion of choice tend to not be as successful if at all.

Otherwise you may as well argue that the Celestial stat array give a bonus equal the primary stat on other sets, but to ALL stats. Sure you could choose one of the other arrays but why would you?

See how silly this comes across?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I’d still take strength runes for dps (strength runes are REALLY op now), dwayna if I had cleansing water, and lyssa if I needed a big self-condi wipe.

Rune of the mercy might be really good for mid-bunkers too, but its good general boon duration is gone now.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Husanak.3769

Husanak.3769

I had a couple toons that did the rune mix for 45% … it was broken I know that. I’m not going to QQ about them fixing it. Quite the opposite. Thank you Anet for being proper game developers.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mizu.4508

Mizu.4508

Exactly. If there is an easy way to get a global bonus that matches or exceeds a specific bonus, the choice of the specific bonus may as well not exist.

And games that do not have valid choice but rather the illusion of choice tend to not be as successful if at all.

Otherwise you may as well argue that the Celestial stat array give a bonus equal the primary stat on other sets, but to ALL stats. Sure you could choose one of the other arrays but why would you?

See how silly this comes across?

Thank you for the explanation both of you, I understand why a 45% Boon Duration would be used over all the other duration runes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

They should have added a couple of percent boon duration to Celestial to make them useful still.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

What are you, a 12-year old? Stop creating the same thread over and over again. Here’s an attention, now shoo shoo.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

They should have added a couple of percent boon duration to Celestial to make them useful still.

Agreed, before the patch i created a thread about it, asking for 15 all stats x5 (75 total), and the 6th being 10% boon duration. I hope they change it in the future patches.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Or change givers to add more than 1%, that wouldn’t be much to ask would it? The amount of damage you have to lose to gain anything approaching a worthwhile amount of boon duration is, in many ways, insane.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

While Boon Duration runes took a hit, I still manage +50% Boon Duration on a 0/0/6/6/2 build. Take Superior Runes of the Water for +20%, 10 in Virtues for +10%, and 5x Platinum Doubloons for an additional +20%. You don’t sacrifice too much from doing that (I lost 125 Precision, and 75 Toughness/Power, not going to cry about it).

While it is a huge middle finger to professions and builds that rely heavily on Boons (ex. Guardian), we can still manage. If anything, they could just buff the duration of pre-existing Boons instead of offering more items that increase the duration.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Want to know why they only gave Giver’s 1% each? Because of the boon duration mix n matching.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’d settle for a 35% boon duration set, personally. MAYBE even 30%, though I’d still lean towards 35% personally. 45% was perhaps a bit much for universal boon duration I feel, but 20% is a huge downgrade.

I would like to see some sets give 45% to a specific boon though.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

They will never give a general 45% set because it competes with all the runes and automatically becomes the defacto rune to take.

People take rune sets for different reasons:
-Statistical bonuses affecting damage or resilience
-Sets which effectively give the player an extra skill, by tying a special effect to a condition such as hitting an enemy, taking hits, health dropping below a certain amount, and heal or elite skill use
-Sets which modify other skills which additional effects, or grant some kind of passive benefit
-Skills which increase the duration of particular boons, which serve different functions

A full boon duration set would be sacrificing the other utility potentially provided by other rune sets (stats, special effects, skill modifications etc) in order to specialize in dispensing boons.

For example I would imagine a great many people running power builds would choose runes of strength over a general boon duration set for the 175 power alone, let alone the 7% damage bonus under might stacks.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

-Sets which effectively give the player an extra skill, by tying a special effect to a condition such as hitting an enemy, taking hits, health dropping below a certain amount, and heal or elite skill use
-Sets which modify other skills which additional effects, or grant some kind of passive benefit
-Skills which increase the duration of particular boons, which serve different functions

A full boon duration set would be sacrificing the other utility potentially provided by other rune sets (stats, special effects, skill modifications etc) in order to specialize in dispensing boons.

For example I would imagine a great many people running power builds would choose runes of strength over a general boon duration set for the 175 power alone, let alone the 7% damage bonus under might stacks.

Exactly.

Would
1. 5%boon duration
2. 5% boon duration
3. 5% boon duration
4. 5% boon duration
5. 10% boon duration
6 15% boon duration

No stats, just boon duration set

Why choose a specialized set? because with it you get other bonuses, as you point out with strength you get 7% damage with might on (which is not hard to keep up) and a good amount of power.

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

Exactly.

Would
1. 5%boon duration
2. 5% boon duration
3. 5% boon duration
4. 5% boon duration
5. 10% boon duration
6 15% boon duration

No stats, just boon duration set

Why choose a specialized set? because with it you get other bonuses, as you point out with strength you get 7% damage with might on (which is not hard to keep up) and a good amount of power.

This set could work actually no stats just boons I could see this though the strength runes 7% bonus isn’t unique rune of ice and flame legion both give that same bonus.

I do see what you are proposing though and I can see this fitting in just boon duration no stats

{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I’ve been thinking about it but the fact is in order to obtain high boon duration again you gotta take some losses…

High BD after Patch

Devona’s Rest