Healing

Healing

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I feel like healing power/compassion isn’t a potent enough stat to be at all competitive for the overwhelming majority of builds, and it also manages to hurt Celestial gear by hogging points that would be better spent elsewhere. It just really needs to scale better for most skills. Only a handful benefit properly from it.

While we’re on the topic of healing, it flat-out doesn’t make any logical sense why the class with the best passive defense also has the only totally passive healing skill. It’s no wonder warriors are complained about so often.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Healing

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I feel healing power is a good stat, the only problem is (as you mentioned) that some healing skills do not scale well with the stat while others do. Guardian’s minor tier 2 trait selfless daring scales extremely well with healing power. But then a trait like altruistic healing scales poorly with healing power.

Likewise healing signet scales poorly with healing power, but has a high base healing. I think the devs should make all healing skills scale well with the stat. But I have a feeling they do not do this for the sake of balance.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Healing

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I feel healing power is a good stat, the only problem is (as you mentioned) that some healing skills do not scale well with the stat while others do. Guardian’s minor tier 2 trait selfless daring scales extremely well with healing power. But then a trait like altruistic healing scales poorly with healing power.

Likewise healing signet scales poorly with healing power, but has a high base healing. I think the devs should make all healing skills scale well with the stat. But I have a feeling they do not do this for the sake of balance.

It’s silly, considering that in order to get healing power up there, you either need to use armor for it which sacrifices damage output in most cases, or you need to put a full amount of points in the traitline for it, which again sacrifices damage output. I do understand their fear of people becoming too tanky though.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Healing

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Saying a stat hurts celestial gear is idiotic, you just want it to be only the stats you consider good. I agree that it needs to scale better for many skills, but it can still work for a lot of builds. Also, Ryu do you play a warrior because it sounds like you want to have good damage, survivability, and group support without any sacrifice based on your comment on healing power. Just to give an example that healing power is a very good stat look at this necromancer build, absurd amounts of healing:

Crazy good scaling

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Healing

in Profession Balance

RyuDragnier.9476

Zap, I play a thief. I have to sacrifice quite a bit (most of my offensive ability) just to be able to use Signet of Malice effectively to where it restores around 200 HP a hit. Warriors need nothing in order to get 361HP per tick. IMO their floor should be at 200HP per tick, and around 361 at high healing power.

[hS]

Healing

in Profession Balance

Aza.2105

It’s silly, considering that in order to get healing power up there, you either need to use armor for it which sacrifices damage output in most cases, or you need to put a full amount of points in the traitline for it, which again sacrifices damage output. I do understand their fear of people becoming too tanky though.

Well there has to be a sacrifice of a stat to gain more of another. So I think its fair and I wouldn’t say its a real issue. Since every other stat combination works the same way. Its just with healing power, it may be a bit more niche than the other stats.

I feel one issue is how players perceive healing power as a stat. It doesn’t necessarily increase healing output by enormous numbers but it does increase healing by a good amount depending on the skill/traits involved.

Would it be fair to ask for healing power to scale better with some skills? I don’t think so. But it will largely depend upon the class’s dominant role. If you look at past patch notes there have been several instances when Anet increased how healing scales with skills for guardian. But I haven’t really seen these type of changes with other classes.

My guess is that its for balance and that the team tries to change skill mechanics very carefully without creating severe imbalances that will hurt the game.

Windows 10

Healing

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I’d sooner nix it entirely.

I’m kind of with wooden potatoes on it, it makes parts of gameplay that are working less interesting (rezing, dodging) and doesn’t open up doors to new gameplay because it seems to be increasing effectiveness for effectiveness’s sake and not for any actual reason. It’s running so naturally counter to the overarching design of self sustainability it feels pretty superficial; either pointless to do in PvE or in PvP more like a ‘vitality 2.0 that just so happens to hit other people’ than something expressly done for the benefit of others.

Honestly,
I think this game just needs to take a big step back and really re-evaluate non-damage specializations on a gameplay level. I honestly think they could find better alternatives for Healing Power, Boon Duration, and Condition Duration.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Healing

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I’d sooner nix it entirely.

I’m kind of with wooden potatoes on it, it makes parts of gameplay that are working less interesting (rezing, dodging) and doesn’t open up doors to new gameplay because it seems to be increasing effectiveness for effectiveness’s sake and not for any actual reason. It’s running so naturally counter to the overarching design of self sustainability it feels pretty superficial; either pointless to do in PvE or in PvP more like a ‘vitality 2.0 that just so happens to hit other people’ than something expressly done for the benefit of others.

Honestly,
I think this game just needs to take a big step back and really re-evaluate non-damage specializations on a gameplay level. I honestly think they could find better alternatives for Healing Power, Boon Duration, and Condition Duration.

Everytime someone asks for something to be removed from the game, like stealth, or conditions, I immediately ask if they play the exact same build on the same class all the time. When you have played 6 classes to 80 and have tried various builds on each of them you start to realize how these things fit together. Healing power is for support players and is an excellent stat in that respect. Eles, Guards, Engies, Necros, and even thieves (venom sharing is op in small group roaming) can benefit significantly from healing power. Saying it is a wasted stat, or doesn’t serve a unique purpose across all game modes just makes me think you play in a very small niche of the game. Correct me if I’m wrong on that, but in general healing power is a great staff depending on your build.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Healing

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Don’t get me wrong,
I think you should still have a way to specialize into not-damage gameplay. However, I think this should be something created with the intent to make it interesting to play, instead of tweaking the properties of an effect seemingly regardless of context.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Healing

in Profession Balance

Einlanzer.1627

Saying a stat hurts celestial gear is idiotic, you just want it to be only the stats you consider good.

What? I like Celestial sometimes because I like well rounded builds, and every stat but Healing Power is useful. If Healing Power was better, Celestial would be better.

Healing

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Healing is held back by ANet’s fear of indestructible bunkers in SPVP.

In all honesty they should have long since renamed the stat “boon power” and made more boons change effectiveness based on it.

Right now a guy in zerker is just as good a support as a guy in clerics, because only one boon is affected by healing power.

Healing

in Profession Balance

Aza.2105

Right now a guy in zerker is just as good a support as a guy in clerics, because only one boon is affected by healing power.

Only in pve. In pvp there is a significant difference.

Windows 10

Healing

in Profession Balance

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

PvP: Pls no buffs to healing power. Bunkers last as long as they should already.
PvE: Buffing healing power changes nothing. Content needs to be more difficult to encourage people to use different stats.
WvW: I don’t kittening know, but it’s pretty bunky there already. I don’t think healing power buffs are a good idea here either.

TL;DR – Anet pls no healerino bufferinos

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

Healing

in Profession Balance

Einlanzer.1627

PvP: Pls no buffs to healing power. Bunkers last as long as they should already.
PvE: Buffing healing power changes nothing. Content needs to be more difficult to encourage people to use different stats.
WvW: I don’t kittening know, but it’s pretty bunky there already. I don’t think healing power buffs are a good idea here either.

It changes the fact that the stat is all but useless. I don’t actually care if they buff healing power or make some bigger change to redesign it consolidate it, but something needs to be done.

Healing

in Profession Balance

Aza.2105

It changes the fact that the stat is all but useless. I don’t actually care if they buff healing power or make some bigger change to redesign it consolidate it, but something needs to be done.

Whats wrong with it?

Windows 10

Healing

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Healing is held back by ANet’s fear of indestructible bunkers in SPVP.

In all honesty they should have long since renamed the stat “boon power” and made more boons change effectiveness based on it.

God no don’t name it boon power, name it something like “Altruism”…

But yeah I fully support making Healing Power into the “I’m a support” stat and make it power up the group more depending on how much of it you have via boons. I’d argue the baseline of all boons would need to be nerfed down slightly for balances sake, but make it so that with “boon power” it’d become stronger than currently if it’s maxed.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Healing

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

it should scale like uniformly like the other stats

you have to make sacrifices to have high healing power…

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Healing

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

This game doesn’t need better healing. In PvP, its bunker wars 2 for the past year… Making healing power better would just favor tanky builds even more.

This.

And it’s boring.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Healing

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Healing could play a much more strategic role in WvW. Right now it is just “blast water” fest. Healing is hardly boring and a pass at the scaling of healing power to healing skills (and upping it for the poor ones) would help enormously.

Make utility builds more viable!

Healing

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

And there in lies the problem. Balance for PVE and you knock PVP out of orbit. balance for PVP and PVE becomes a DPS race.

Healing

in Profession Balance

Durzlla.6295

And there in lies the problem. Balance for PVE and you knock PVP out of orbit. balance for PVP and PVE becomes a DPS race.

Not even close…. The only reason PvE is a DPS race is because mobs don’t have any mechanics to make bringing a non zerker more useful than bringing a zerker.

Healing

in Profession Balance

RyuDragnier.9476

Not even close…. The only reason PvE is a DPS race is because mobs don’t have any mechanics to make bringing a non zerker more useful than bringing a zerker.

Which is why I keep suggesting that they up the mob AI so they’ll use everything in their power to defeat you like dodges, unblockable attacks, attack fast, etc (like dem bandits in Lornar’s Pass).

[hS]

Healing

in Profession Balance

Durzlla.6295

Which is why I keep suggesting that they up the mob AI so they’ll use everything in their power to defeat you like dodges, unblockable attacks, attack fast, etc (like dem bandits in Lornar’s Pass).

I’ve been pushing for the same stuff.