Toughness converted to Power: 10%

Necromancer:

Deadly Strength: (Death Magic Line)
Toughness converted to Power: 10%

Mesmer:

Chaotic Transference: (on Chaos Line)
Toughness converted to Condition Damage: 10%

Engineer:

Performance Enhancement: (on Inventions Line)
Healing Power converted to Power: 10%

Ranger:

Nature’s Wrath: (on Beastmastery Line)
Healing Power converted to Power: 10%

There are 5 similar traits
3 of them converted 10% of Toughness to Power or Condition damage

As we all know, Toughness has basic 916 points for every classes .
Which means even if you invest nothing on Toughtness,
For this 3 traits, you still get at least 91 points for power or condition damage.

However,

The other 2 of them, converted 10% of Healing Power to Power
Since Healing Power don’t have basic 916 points like Toughnees
That makes this 2 traits( Engineer and Ranger ) are lesser than the other 3 traits.

For trait : [Healing Power converted to Power: 10%]
deserve the same out put like Toughness converted

This Trait should also get +916 basic Points on the total converted points!

So those 5 similar traits can finally be balanced!

Hope Anet can really see the different between Toughnees and Healing Power,
and finally make it to be balanced.

Thank you very much!

HealingPower converted to Power:10% need BUFF

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

You forgot:
Rangers:
Strenght of Spirit
7% vitality => power

in Profession Balance

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

And rangers—→ will always scks

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yazeed.4971

Yazeed.4971

vitality also has 916 basic points , so it’s fine
only talk about those attributes don’t have basic 916 points so converted less

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

And guardian 7% toughness → precision

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Juston.6817

Juston.6817

And Thief 7% Precision → vitality

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

It is funny how many of these “buff by 90 points” entries that still remains in the game, when ANet clearly recognized that a 90 point change means nada when they upped every warrior banner to 180.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Necro also has a 7% power to healing power. And you might want to include whether these are adept, master, or grandmaster. Can’t really compare a 1 point trait to a 5 point trait.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I think this is the OP’s point: There’s five Grandmaster Minor/five-point traits that give 10% of Stat X to Stat Y, and three of them start with a baseline of 916+traitline bonus. Two of them start at 0+traitline bonus.

The resulting difference is pretty obvious. At a minimum, the three with baseline 916+traitline bonus will be getting 116 (10% of 916+250), while the two with baseline 0+traitline bonus will be getting 25 (10% of 0+250).

This also limits these traits maximum effectiveness – with literally every item, including a stacking sigil focused on Healing Power, only 1882 Healing Power was gained, making the buff 188.
The only thing I didn’t grab to increase Healing Power was food.
Focusing on, say, Power? I could get it up to 2798, making the buff 279.

Note once more, of course, that these five traits are all Grandmaster Minor, and two of them have roughly two-thirds of the effectiveness of the other three.

There are several traits of a lesser amount, such as the plethora of 7% this to that, but unless they’re based on Healing Power, Condition Damage, or Ferocity, they’re starting at 916+traitline, so that’s more than 64 per trait, as I’m not accounting for possible variations of tier placement.
Notably, however, they’re all more effective at baseline, regardless of tier, than some Grandmaster Minor traits.

I’d suggest improving the ratio, rather than adjusting the base stat; adjusting the base stat risks a ripple effect wherein Healing Power builds simply never die. Making the ratio 14.85% would bring Nature’s Wrath and Performance Enhancement just about up to the effectiveness of the other three traits.

in Profession Balance

Yazeed.4971

finally, someone get my point.

However, i didn’t suggest to give Healing Power also has basic 916 points. I kown i will affect a lot.

I just wanted for those 2 traits which automatically add 916 points on there effectiveness. so the 5 of traits would be exactly the same, and won’t be worry about maybe one trait is better than the other.

but ur suggestion is also doable too.
it just hard to measure the balanced ratio for Healing Power converted %

(edited by Yazeed.4971)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

This makes sense. I also wonder whether there are traits that convert condi damage into something else, because they’re the same.

I don’t have a problem with these traits in general. They might not be great traits if they just provide 90 of a stat baseline; not all traits need to be fantastic. But, they should at least provide something; healing power->X can only get 90 to another stat if you’re full Cleric’s (or equivalent).

Personally, I think that healing power is too niche of a stat to really be worth the input spot to, even if the base stat were boosted to 916. Flipping the input and the output would work.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

In the current state of the game, these traits makes no sense where they are, since these traits are 2/3’s as effective, and that’s with maximum stat investment. The lower the investment, the more worth the toughness traits have over healing power. At the lowest possible stats with these traits, the healing power traits are only worth 22% of what the toughness traits are.

I agree that the easiest thing to do is to add 91.6 Power + the 10% of healing power that the trait already gives.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

We dont want healing to be more OP,it just fine as it is just give you a buff if you are stacking healing power,when healing get as strong as damage its GG for this game.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Should mention that those healing > power traits that rangers and engines have are in their healing trait lines, for both that is 5 deep onto each. Equaling to 25 power base.
(It’s something)
Now I don’t know about about most, but if I went 5 in a line like those, might as well throw the sixth point in, so 30 power.

So less then one stack of might – condi damage…

Now these traits are more or less meant to stack a lot of a certain attribute, so a lot of healing would be 1500, which is 150 power

in Profession Balance

Yazeed.4971

Please read whole paper instead of only the title…

We are talking about the different between similar traits, but one is obviously add more points than the other because of basic 916 attribute points.

and also this five triats all get toughness or healing power for their trait line, you really should see all the information before u commented.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

We dont want healing to be more OP,it just fine as it is just give you a buff if you are stacking healing power,when healing get as strong as damage its GG for this game.

Eh… wait, what?
Right now, people die too fast. There’s very little time to react.
More importantly, healing power scales so badly for most skills and most classes that it’s rarely worth stacking. Or even caring about it. You have to be 100% dedicated to make something of it, and be either in a position that a) people want to 1v1 you for whatever reason or b) you’re a zerg commander and positively need to survive.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Eh… wait, what?
Right now, people die too fast. There’s very little time to react.

I find myself reminded of some D3 dev quotes. They seemed to have found that people would not bother building for health because the game produced such wild swings. The players instead focused on either healing through it or simply killing the mobs before they themselves where killed.

This not that different from what we are seeing in GW2 right now, except that we are going with avoidance over healing because healing frankly suck.

I watched a video recently of a engineer Lupi solo, and the health globe were swinging by 25-50% pr hit.

By trying to make the games PVP side fast paced spectator sport, ANet has made a action game with a less than appropriate interface.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

I’d suggest improving the ratio, rather than adjusting the base stat; adjusting the base stat risks a ripple effect wherein Healing Power builds simply never die. Making the ratio 14.85% would bring Nature’s Wrath and Performance Enhancement just about up to the effectiveness of the other three traits.

round it up to 15% then, since the ranger 10% healing power into power is a GM minor.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU