Looking for an action-packed profession!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hawly.6541

Hawly.6541

Good morning/afternoon/evening!

I need your help to pick a class. I’ve got GW2 as a gift from my brother last year, but never really got to play it much. However, lately I’ve been looking for an MMORPG to play and I decided to give this game another shot.

So, long story short, I really don’t know which class to play. I’ve read that Warrior is an easy class for begginers, but screw that. I want an action-packed profession. One that requires skill, that is difficult to master, but once you get the hang of it, you become a monster. So please, help me out!

EXTRA QUESTION: I read somewhere that you can play GW2 as a TPS (third person shooter). That would make it way more fun to me. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: Forgive me if there are any grammar errors, I’m brazilian and it’s been a while since I last practiced my english.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Equinox.4968

Equinox.4968

Warrior is pretty easy, Thief requires a lot of micromanagement, and Elementalist can be either simple or complex depending on how much you want to switch attunements. Rangers are more of a ranged class that can potentially play more like a TPS.

As for TPS gameplay, it’s a bit of a stretch, but if you turn off autotargetting and autoattacks, your projectiles will fire near the center of your screen, with “bullet drop” over distance for most projectiles other than bullets and beams. Every keystroke is one projectile if you turn autoattacks off.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Highchu.3806

Highchu.3806

Every class has its upsides, but experience and understanding with your class makes the biggest difference. Once you’ve read the profession bios you should have a general idea of what you want to play. Also, depending on which game mode can make a big difference. Choosing one that is “action-packed” is very broad and depends on what you are into.

If you just want the challenge I think the professions with the highest learning curves are: Engineer/Elementalist/Thief. Just level and test out each class to ~20/30 to see if you like it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Uhhh, try the Elementalist? D/D Ele feels action-packed to me.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

Lots of fun and action with d/d condi elementalist.

Broski

in Profession Balance

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Good morning/afternoon/evening!

I need your help to pick a class. I’ve got GW2 as a gift from my brother last year, but never really got to play it much. However, lately I’ve been looking for an MMORPG to play and I decided to give this game another shot.

So, long story short, I really don’t know which class to play. I’ve read that Warrior is an easy class for begginers, but screw that. I want an action-packed profession. One that requires skill, that is difficult to master, but once you get the hang of it, you become a monster. So please, help me out!

EXTRA QUESTION: I read somewhere that you can play GW2 as a TPS (third person shooter). That would make it way more fun to me. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: Forgive me if there are any grammar errors, I’m brazilian and it’s been a while since I last practiced my english.

Depends on your play style. If you like hit and run type go thief or mesmer, itll teach you to be aware in everything cause youre glassy.

If you like to have a lot of skill access go engie or elementalist though learning curve ill give to engie on that elementalists are trait dependent which are predictable in the long run if youre a veteran player.

Third person if you like killing people from a far ranger has the best access on that now but you need to realize that your self. Rangers are hated in this game cause players who play ranger are only 20% successful in pve and pvp, you wont see lots of good rangers. Except me Im one of the good ones.

rest are simple minded professions

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kiba.9701

Kiba.9701

One that requires skill, that is difficult to master, but once you get the hang of it, you become a monster.

Yo are talking about the Thief. Elementalist d/d is great too but not that hard master.

Stormbluff Isle
Kirito Wolvesong – Mesmer
Kiba Wolvesong – Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If you are looking for builds that require a good deal of skill, with high APM, and high risk-high reward, fresh air s/d zerker ele is your calling. There is a ton of action, and to truly become good you have to learn when to use each of your skills, attunements, and properly utilize combo fields. Other S/D builds are likewise challenging, relying on many skills, used effectively, with good positioning.

D/D ele has high apm, and to be REALLY good with it you need a lot of skill, but you can be very successful with it sans too much skill nowadays.

A close second would be a 2-kit engineer (or 3 kits in some cases), although this is less squishy, and can nowadays get carried pretty hard by automatic burning procs. You can build it with celestial gear, and strength runes/battle sigils and end up with something truly powerful that is very versatile and makes good use of its skills and combos.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

One that requires skill, that is difficult to master, but once you get the hang of it, you become a monster.

Yo are talking about the Thief. Elementalist d/d is great too but not that hard master.

I think the dozen posts in WWW section on how any beginner can be effective with thief will prove you wrong.
The posts about elementalists will prove you wrong twice.

Thief= simply immortal….you can t kill something able to both become invisibile on demand and having best mobility in game and no CD.
Even a dev once said you can t kill thieves, you can only make them run away….

Ele= nerfed mobility, huge cooldowns and no survival mechanic…0 room for mistakes.
If you go tank you can be effective…only at surviving :|
The unbalanced status of WWW means that if you don t have DPS you won t kill anything.

Even staff zerg meta switched to DPS making ele more interesting.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

Just don’t play this game unless you’re going to roll an engi, guardian, or warrior. This game is pretty broken.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

What do you prefer?
Wvw: Gwen classes (guardian, warrior, elementalist, necromancer) but no engi and NEVER ranger
Pve: guardian, warrior and no necro, engi and NEVER ranger
Pvp: anything except ranger and mainly engi, mesmer, warrior

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

What do you prefer?
Wvw: Gwen classes (guardian, warrior, elementalist, necromancer) but no engi and NEVER ranger
Pve: guardian, warrior and no necro, engi and NEVER ranger
Pvp: anything except ranger and mainly engi, mesmer, warrior

Ranger is fine in PvE and Spirits still works in PvP.