[Mezmer] Passive damage needs a tone down

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

30seconds of regeneration isnt all that amazing. 130hp/sec, that doesnt in anyway compare to Warriors passive healing. Who, without gearing for healingpower get 362 from Healing Signet and another 120per second from Adrenal Health.
No contest, Warrior is far and beyond much better in this department. So i dont see how this is relevant.

There are time gaps in the battle where the mezmer becomes invisible, or plain simple distracts the enemy. During that time the Mezmer is not being attack, this means that he is gaining regeneration WITHOUT his HP bar being affected. On contrast, a warrior during battle is healing BUT the damage to his HP is CONSTANTLY affected.

• If healing signet gives approximately 400 HP/sec and you are getting hit for 400 damage every second, then that nullifies the effect of healing signet.
  • On contrast, you cannot put constant pressure on the mezmer because of all his teleports, invisibility, dazing, confusing clones. This gives the Mezmer some time to regenerate his health with out his HP being affected. THIS MY FRIENDS IS PASSIVE PLAY!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

You are wrong. Mesmer is the ONLY profession in the game who avoided to be nerfed because ANet listened mesmers.

The trait DE was anounced to be nerfed but ANet didn’t go ahead with it based on mesmers feedback.

Maybe because they re-ran the numbers and realized exactly how bad that change would’ve shafted the majority of Mesmer builds? Don’t get me wrong, I’d be all for changing DE … but not unless baseline clone generation was modified to take that Trait’s slack.
(Ironically enough, that nerf -had it have gone through- would do nothing but increase the number of Phantasm Mesmers you see running around. Thus leading to even more topics like this, RE: Mesmer and “passive” sources of damage.)

Also, consider that the one time ANet devs “listened” to Mesmer players worth a kitten. Ask Mesmer forumers about the Warden change, see what you come up with.
Let alone how much craziness had to get unleashed to fix Distortion, not so long ago …

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

30seconds of regeneration isnt all that amazing. 130hp/sec, that doesnt in anyway compare to Warriors passive healing. Who, without gearing for healingpower get 362 from Healing Signet and another 120per second from Adrenal Health.
No contest, Warrior is far and beyond much better in this department. So i dont see how this is relevant.

There are time gaps in the battle where the mezmer becomes invisible, or plain simple distracts the enemy. During that time the Mezmer is not being attack, this means that he is gaining regeneration WITHOUT his HP bar being affected. On contrast, a warrior during battle is healing BUT the damage to his HP is CONSTANTLY affected.

• If healing signet gives approximately 400 HP/sec and you are getting hit for 400 damage every second, then that nullifies the effect of healing signet.
  • On contrast, you cannot put constant pressure on the mezmer because of all his teleports, invisibility, dazing, confusing clones. This gives the Mezmer some time to regenerate his health with out his HP being affected. THIS MY FRIENDS IS PASSIVE PLAY!

So the warrior with his big health pool would just not give a kitten, because he would actually not even taking any damage, while the mesmer would have to use all his tricks to actually mitigate the damage taken.

What is your kitten argument here?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

On contrast, you cannot put constant pressure on the mezmer because of all his teleports, invisibility, dazing, confusing clones. This gives the Mezmer some time to regenerate his health with out his HP being affected. THIS MY FRIENDS IS PASSIVE PLAY!

Three things:

• If the clones are confusing you still, you’re at the lowest levels of play. Even lower mid-levels no enemy gets confused by a clone no more, they’re way too obvious. They server kittenter fodder and to punish cleaves.
  • Wait a second. Clones?! Wasn’t the point “all this passive Phantasm-play”? What is it now? A Shatter or PU spec? Or a Phantasm spec?
  • So the Mesmer is constantly avoiding, teleporting, using skills, dazing you, and is doing passive play. Do you even read what you write?
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

You are wrong. Mesmer is the ONLY profession in the game who avoided to be nerfed because ANet listened mesmers.

The trait DE was anounced to be nerfed but ANet didn’t go ahead with it based on mesmers feedback.

Maybe because they re-ran the numbers and realized exactly how bad that change would’ve shafted the majority of Mesmer builds? Don’t get me wrong, I’d be all for changing DE … but not unless baseline clone generation was modified to take that Trait’s slack.
(Ironically enough, that nerf -had it have gone through- would do nothing but increase the number of Phantasm Mesmers you see running around. Thus leading to even more topics like this, RE: Mesmer and “passive” sources of damage.)

Also, consider that the one time ANet devs “listened” to Mesmer players worth a kitten. Ask Mesmer forumers about the Warden change, see what you come up with.
Let alone how much craziness had to get unleashed to fix Distortion, not so long ago …

I was only saying that some people are always claiming that ANet never listen to mesmers, and that is untrue.

If ANet nerfed the DE trait back then, they would have the need to change some numbers in HP / damage and maybe buff some defensive traits.

Maybe they listen to mesmers was a bad thing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

So the warrior with his big health pool would just not give a kitten, because he would actually not even taking any damage, while the mesmer would have to use all his tricks to actually mitigate the damage taken.

While one is doing active damage with passive defense the other is doing passive damage with active defense. Passive damage will always be bigger than 400 HPS.

in Profession Balance

Hitman.5829

While one is doing active damage with passive defense the other is doing passive damage with active defense. Passive damage will always be bigger than 400 HPS.

That is my point, with passive damage being MINIMUM 400 damage per second you can nullify the warrior healing signet.

in Profession Balance

Kaiyanwan.8521

That is my point, with passive damage being MINIMUM 400 damage per second you can nullify the warrior healing signet.

You are just nullifying the passive healing not the signet.

And to be honest, this idea of passive damage is not really working here. Mesmers have no real passive damage. No aura that is pulsing around the mesmer, no proccs or whatever.

Mesmers have summons, they can be cast, they do damage, if not destroyed.

So a mesmer has to cast a phantasm, sounds active to me. The cast can be dodged, evaded, blinded, whatever, so nothing passive about this part here.
The phantasm itself can be dodged, blocked and so on and destroyed. It is bound to one character. So all of the damage can be mitigated at any time. Kitten, you can outrun phantasms. And the phantasms attack once in a blue moon (if they do so at all, looking at you, iWarden).

Seriously, if you have problems with phantasms in PvP, or finding the real mesmer, nothing can safe you.

It is like you are complaining that a warrior can actually be damaged by a mesmer. If a mesmer is traited for phantasms (who would do that in PvP anyways) how else would he do damage?

Tone down phantasms (their AI is so hard a failure, especially in PvP, that noone should care) and up all weapon damage on all weapons. Good.

I fear you would greatly regret this change though, because if you have problems with mesmers that hurt you with phantasms now, you would get your kitten handed on a silver plate all day long.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

What is it now? A Shatter or PU spec? Or a Phantasm spec?

Obviously, the answer to your question is ‘yes’.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

And how is that different from a warrior? Who at times becomes immune to direct damage (or twice), could throw up some blocks, use his CCs to lock down an enemy keeping that target from attacking, or just using the general high mobility to evade taking damage.

And ofcourse the obvious one regeneration can be stripped, healing signet and adrenal health cannot.

Try as you might, there is noway in this universe you are going to come anywhere close to equating mesmer regen to warrior passive regen.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Hey OP.
Learn to play.
Have a good day and stop making stupid posts about nerf this and nerf that when you have 0 comprehension of gameplay and mechanics.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

I feel like OP wants targets to stand still so they can lay down the damage warriors can do. Burning cooldowns on sustain and defense is totally uncool mesmers. Stop it.

in Profession Balance

Hitman.5829

I feel like OP wants targets to stand still so they can lay down the damage warriors can do. Burning cooldowns on sustain and defense is totally uncool mesmers. Stop it.

Actually yes, mezmers have to many stunt breaks, evade attacks (sword), stealth, passive conditions, and passive damage.
Also, Killing their clones should not apply 3 conditions that is stupid.
Isn’t deception enough? I mean you go and kill a stupid clone thinking it is the Mezmer and you get 3 conditions, really? Isn’t deception enough?

Not only did you got deceived, but you also got 3 conditions + damage from other clones/phantasms + damage from the real Mezmer. The mezmer goes on stealth and you continue to get passive damage from their clones/phantasms really? This kitten is getting old!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I mean you go and kill a stupid clone thinking it is the Mezmer and you get 3 conditions, really?

Think of it this way. Getting 3 conditions after killing a clone because you think it’s the mesmer is punishment for being horrible at pvp.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Actually yes, mezmers have to many stunt breaks, evade attacks (sword), stealth, passive conditions, and passive damage.
Isn’t deception enough? I mean you go and kill a stupid clone thinking it is the Mezmer and you get 3 conditions, really? Isn’t deception enough?

Not only did you got deceived, but you also got 3 conditions + damage from other clones/phantasms + damage from the real Mezmer. The mezmer goes on stealth and you continue to get passive damage from their clones/phantasms really? This kitten is getting old!

A few things. If you are getting fooled by a clone, either you stink or I really want to see that mesmer video. Because, that mesmer is probably really skilled at deception. I would really want to learn from a mesmer who can fool players with clones. I cant even fool players with staff clones since a player aa is much faster than clones

Another thing, I dont think tpvp memsers are using a mh sword due to the fact that the damage is low and #3 bug fix ( lame nerf ).

why dont you kill their phastasm? A mesmer dps is tied to their illusions.

in Profession Balance

Kaiyanwan.8521

OK people, time to move on. Nothing to see here. It is a simple L2P issue. Case closed.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Hitman you are so far off the mark I figure you must be just trolling. Not one of the claims you made is accurate. I DARE you to roll a PU Mesmer and demonstrate that it
is at all accurate.

Mesmerising Girl

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Have come to the conclusion that hitman is bad at PvP if PU mesmers are an issue.
L2P issues I have seen:

• can’t tell clones from real mesmer.dear lord do you not know how obvious it is
  • killing clones left and right instead of just the illusions. Only GS clones are a problem since they hit three times but they aren’t always used.
  • no noticing illusionary counter and eating 5 stacks of torment.
  • badly timed clenses…

Feel free to add to this list guys

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I’ll answer one part of your post seriously – yes passive play needs to be toned down, bugs need to be fixed and active play needs to be buffed/supported.

Now for the rest of your post – 6/6/6/6/6 with four weapon sets sounds about right. This Mesmer can also portal across dimenstions, for example direct from stonemist to stonegaze spire, and is able to fly on an illusionary broomstick across all zones in Tyria. It can summon 3 phantasms instantly, each equivalent to a champion npc, and an army of clones that rival most zergs, each of which explodes when breathed on proccing bleed/confusion/burning/torment/chill/poison/weakness/vulnerability and blind on all targets in 1200 radius.
I heard these mesmers were trained by Queen Jennah herself.

I’m not gonna lie. I can’t say I’d be opposed to Anet implementing this xD

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sethren.8472

Sethren.8472

Yet another case of someone who doesn’t want to expend the effort to think up a counter strategy, so they instead call for the nerf bat. Classic case, right here.

Why don’t we do you one better, Hitman? Let’s remove all of the Mesmer’s abilities, and just leave it as a pretty vanity class to spread purple butterflies around. Would you and every other person who claims that Mesmers are OP (which is laughable, borderline insulting with how UNDERpowered the Mesmer is) finally be happy?

Yes, we Mesmers are keeping our uberness on the downlow. That 6/6/6/6/6 build with four weapon swaps is our Sekwet Wepon!!! We just pretend to complain about how ANet has completely broken our class. That’s just our cover. But shhhhh! Don’t tell anyone.

Chimeras Family – Korvaseth (Mes), Sethren (Necro)
Sea of Sorrows