Most mechanically intensive profession?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Engi definitely most intensive, ele its just cycling through 1-5 in each attunement, its actually really easy to do well with elementalist unlike engineer where you have to quicky combo between kits while actively react to enemy. Ele can screw up alot more due to having more invuln/stunbreak/stability/sustain. Other classes are just lol, not even worth mentioning

The only time you should ever use the 1 skill as a d/d ele is in air attunement…So that’s wrong >.>. You mean cycle through 2-5 and 1 on air? :x

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Engineer. ABSOLUTELY engineer.

If you dont believe me, watch this:
http://www.tinyurl.com/immortalengineer

Engineers come packed with incredible utility, IF you can use it correctly. It’s an incredibly high skill cap for a multi-faceted class with access to almost every field type in the game.

Hrm, that ignores the part why Engineers are a mechanically intense profession, the Grenade Kit’s lack of an autoattack on a 100% weapon (some transforms lack autocast on their 1-attack, but they’re temporary). Plus in this case you cannot even Ctrl+Rightclick enable it.

I agree on the class, just for completely different reasons. Looking at that video I never felt like he does more APM than I’d do on any class in a PvP-setting. Due to the global cooldown you can only perform a certain level of APM, it caps out there. Not sure of the exact number. And this is fairly constant across classes, with some being minimally higher and others being minimally lower.

But what puts Engineers to the top is the insane amount of carpal tunnel inducing button hammering the Grenade Kit puts upon you compared to any other weapon ingame.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Engi is ridiculously easy to learn. Besides that ele is also extremely easy but also has a high as kitten skill cap. Thief has a high skill floor and high skill ceiling so id Probably rank it the hardest. S/d d/p makes no difference, if you’re still good on s/d after the nerfs then you’re playing as well as any d/p thief could. Mesmers probably 2nd. Ele, necro, engi, warr, ranger, guard

@the dude saying bunk guard is hard
I feel like its somewhat true since it has so many skills which all affect the entire team. However the problem is the best guard in the game might only be 20% more effective than a decent guard, where as the same thing with thief and Mesmer can be up
To 100% more efficient

gerdian

(edited by Booms.2594)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

(snip)

Mechanically intensive

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Mechanics are not limited to face-smashes per second.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Thief should be the only class on this thread.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

i’d say scepter berserk eles. 1 mistake and you are dead.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

I agree on the class, just for completely different reasons. Looking at that video I never felt like he does more APM than I’d do on any class in a PvP-setting. Due to the global cooldown you can only perform a certain level of APM, it caps out there. Not sure of the exact number. And this is fairly constant across classes, with some being minimally higher and others being minimally lower.

But what puts Engineers to the top is the insane amount of carpal tunnel inducing button hammering the Grenade Kit puts upon you compared to any other weapon ingame.

i disagree, that grenades are mechanically intensive. You’re literally just spamming buttons and killing your wrist inside. It’s not actually intense, just physically painful.

when someone says Mechanically, i think that refers to them using the combat mechanics of Gw2, which means utilizing combo fields and finishers, dodges and evades and blocks very well. APM is not really relevant, since skills have cooldowns. This isnt Starcraft, where APM actually matters.

I think engineers are mechanically intensive because they have access to almost every field and have the finishers to make use of them.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Personally I do not Think it is so much a matter of one profession over another being more intensive in use. As I see it, the build you run and what your trying to do with it matters more then anything.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

In terms of frequency of button pressing together with precise timing…

By the OPs definition, I would say Mantra Mesmer is the most mechanically intensive profession, since you have to know when to use your multiple mantras and watch the entire fight around you while still using your other abilities in between mantras at the right time along with just surviving and good positioning. Being able to weave mantras in between casting other abilities at the same time is no easy feat, especially when having to press 2-4 different buttons at the same time for almost the entire duration of the fight.

this has to be up at the top. Full mantra + interrupt traits for borderline crazy mechanical and skill intensive play.

Full traited mantra loadout is so kittening awkward – constantly charging, discharging at precisely the right time, multiple button presses together, on top of the usual effort required for “normal” play.

Ok the number of different buttons is less than a kit engi or ele, but the frequency of button use and precision required is insane – I can barely get my head around it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

By the OPs definition, I would say Mantra Mesmer is the most mechanically intensive profession, since you have to know when to use your multiple mantras and watch the entire fight around you while still using your other abilities in between mantras at the right time along with just surviving and good positioning. Being able to weave mantras in between casting other abilities at the same time is no easy feat, especially when having to press 2-4 different buttons at the same time for almost the entire duration of the fight.

Mantra Mesmer can be v challenging and fun. Didn’t really try it until a few months back. fun fun stuffs. AIM, stop giving me cookies

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rusc.4978

Rusc.4978

By mechanically intense I mean the necessity of pressing the most buttons in the best order with the best timing in order to be successful.

With the definition of pressing the most buttons, I would say Engineer or Ele. They are not necessarily more difficult, since they both have incredible versatility and the potential for great sustain, but they have a lot of buttons compared to everyone else.

In terms of precision and/or timing, I would say Thief and Mesmer. There’s a low skill floor for both classes—particularly Thief—but the skill ceiling is incredibly high.

Prosper

Brought to you by ArenaNet. Soon™.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I’d say Mesmer, Engineer and Elementalist feel the most mechanically intensive, but all 3 classes are capable of running builds that reduce that intensity significantly.

I personally find Thief, Warrior and Guardian the least mechanically intensive.

Gandara

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I’d say Mesmer, Engineer and Elementalist feel the most mechanically intensive, but all 3 classes are capable of running builds that reduce that intensity significantly.

^^never played a thief apparently

in terms of press as many buttons as possible would be ele and engi spam
in terms of precise timing/positioning/combo etc. would be mesmer and thief
imo

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

^^never played a thief apparently

in terms of press as many buttons as possible would be ele and engi spam
in terms of precise timing/positioning/combo etc. would be mesmer and thief
imo

I’ve played Thief enough thanks. I find it quite straight forward mechanically. I’m not talking about skill level in any way here, I just found the mechanics of the class pretty easy to get my head around when I first started to play the game.

Gandara

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Elementarist and Engineer would be the top ones by a good margin.
Elementarist need to keep switching attunements to be effective.
Engineer kits and toolbelt also force you to press tons of buttons, specially if you want to combo between kits.

PS: Mesmers need precise button pressing but not much quantity of button pressing, as in skill intensive but not mechanically intensive.

So a 25 bedroom house has a higher skill cap than a 10 bedroom house. Because with the bigger house you have m ore rooms assigned for more purposes, and you need the right room for the job.

This argument i see often. If you can successfully use a smart phone, you can easily use a ele/engi. They require no more or less skill. Much like the larger house, the occupant may require more immersion time to memorize where the rooms are. because like the rooms which do not move, nor their purpose change, it is the same with ele/engi skill and f1-4 abilties. They never move, nor do they change function. If your argument was correct, then it would be fair to say a new occupant in the 25 bedroom house is likely to wake up one night and stumble into the kitchen and drop a dump in their kitchen sink and say, “Gohh..this house has such a high skill cap to use.” Just because engi has some skills that serve duels purpose only makes them akin to the taps in the house. They are either off, or cold or hot..which is not inherently skillful, it is just a matter of memory again. A build with only 10 skills and very cooldowns will require ultimately as many key strokes and making use of combo fields and leap finisher etc as a engineer with their current cooldowns. In others words the sword/dagger thief with shadow steps and teleport withdraws and evades etc that has no cooldown on its weapons and short cooldowns on its utilties will more likely require more button presin/key strokes than a engineer. So this make the thief have a higher skill cap?..no, because like the engineer it is only a matter of memorizing what does what.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nickxnickx.5401

nickxnickx.5401

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Eastcorn.5901

Eastcorn.5901

I found thief to be pretty simple. Once you learn how to use the smoke combo fields, that is (but engineer and elementalist require learning how multiple combo fields work). Like Engineer or Mesmer, timing is very important (assuming you’re not at scrub-level and still fighting turret engies), but I never felt like I had to learn actually deep mechanics, unlike engineer, where you have to learn every skill-tell of other classes otherwise you get shredded by conditions or CC’d to death or killed by focus fire (most higher skilled players will focus engies). Thieves are certainly more intensive than Guardian, Ranger, Necro and Warrior, however.

I think the difficulty people are having regarding thief right now is more in the fact that they have been nerfed time and time again to the point where (in my eyes), they are a low-level threat to anyone but mesmers and people already at low-hp. But as for being mechanically intensive, I just don’t see them being more intensive than Engie, Ele and Mesmer.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

The reasoning behind the Engineer isn’t about the number of buttons to press. Assuming that you’ve got a well rounded multi-kit build that does more or less the job, what makes it mechanically intensive is the knowledge needed to find the tools and abilities you’re looking to execute within all your kits and in the middle of a fight, most of rotations are developped on the fly and each screwup will require a different rotation and that includes damage, protection, evading, mobility, no kits are designed for only one purpose which means that whatever your purpose will be for the next 5 seconds of your current fight, you’ll find shards of it within each kit you have.

That is mechanically intensive. That doesn’t mean however that it makes us any better. Mechanics are about handling your build, there’s still the matter of what you do with them and the decisions you take in general like in PvP, that’s separate, and that’s where classes such as the Thief comes in.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

(edited by MrForz.1953)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Lol, shatter mesmer top all classes in terms of mechanically intense.

thieves are easy mode, just because they have tons of auto pilot doesnt mean it’s intense.
engi really isnt that great either.
Only thing that come close to shatter mesmer is scepter zerker ele.

ignorant people should really check mesmer forum for once in their life time.

in Profession Balance

nickxnickx.5401

thieves are easy mode, just because they have tons of auto pilot doesnt mean it’s intense.

…lol
udumbro

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

yes because needing to only press one button to nuke half someones health is mechanically intensive. You guys heard it here first brah.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Elementarist and Engineer would be the top ones by a good margin.
Elementarist need to keep switching attunements to be effective.
Engineer kits and toolbelt also force you to press tons of buttons, specially if you want to combo between kits.

PS: Mesmers need precise button pressing but not much quantity of button pressing, as in skill intensive but not mechanically intensive.

So a 25 bedroom house has a higher skill cap than a 10 bedroom house. Because with the bigger house you have m ore rooms assigned for more purposes, and you need the right room for the job.

Firstly, I never said that ele and eng are more skill intensive, just mechanically intensive, mesmer and thief have higher skill cap for sure, but I still don’t think that mechanically they are more intense than ele and eng.

Using your metaphor, OP asked for what house have the most bedrooms, and I replied that those 2 houses have 20 bedrooms, and some people are answering, “this other house have 15 bedrooms, but the rooms are huge, making the house bigger than the 20 bedrooms ones”, but that wasn’t what the OP asked.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Ill repeat what I said that engi is ridiculously easy to Do decent with.

gerdian

in Profession Balance

Simon.3794

…lol
udumbro

Look, guys.
Not only this guy is a ignorant ******, a wvw zerger who never reached to any decent level of pvp play, hes also a person who only plays thief and has completely biased opinions over other classes,
the worst, he also refuses to get educated.

dont be this guy.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

yes because needing to only press one button to nuke half someones health is mechanically intensive. You guys heard it here first brah.

Let’s be honest here , every single class could nuke shatter mes more than half hp with one button which has less than mind crack cd .Not to mention any other class has much stronger auto damage .

And meanwhile u don’t have to deal with any “energy bar”like mes illusion source beside mes . Your cc , spike damage , damage reduce share same source and additionally with different cd and require a certain target also you have to manage position of your illusions. That’s what is called mechanical.
If you are talking about someone in 1v1 server who does start fight with stealth then mirror images +cc wipe you in second .That takes almost no skill i agree .But we didn’t talk about skill floor anyway .

in Profession Balance

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

I always feel d/p thief and shatter mesmer are the highest skill ceiling in gw2 , not sure they are most mechanically intensive tho , one note :d/p thief and shatter mes have to take huge risk to land their spike (Comparing s/f ele u couldn’t have spike and stupid invul in same time ). Also they have to somehow build up their damage for thief it’s stealth , for mesmer it’s illusion.
S/D ele might be second .
Like someone said before ,engi could do many stuff that doesn’t mean u have to do those in every second in order to kill someone .If your still don’t understand this :just take a look at actual tpvp shatter mesmer builds check those used traits .There is nothing like engi IP trait which randomly works

in Profession Balance

Simon.3794

I always feel d/p thief and shatter mesmer are the highest skill ceiling in gw2 , not sure they are most mechanically intensive tho , one note :d/p thief and shatter mes have to take huge risk to land their spike (Comparing s/f ele u couldn’t have spike and stupid invul in same time ). Also they have to somehow build up their damage for thief it’s stealth , for mesmer it’s illusion.
Like someone said before ,engi could do many stuff that doesn’t mean u have to do those in every second in order to kill someone .If your still don’t understand this :just take a look at actual tpvp shatter mesmer builds check those used traits .There is nothing like engi IP trait which randomly works

Tho, D/P is still cheese compared to shatter mes, with simpler burst combo, easier mechanics and better disengages. as a mesmer, you really need to work your possibilities(high skill ceiling) and outplay thief in order to win.

mesmer brings some really interesting plays with not only shatter, but also how their weapons work. you can pull off some really interesting stuff. The only thing that is close, is either s/f or s/d zerker ele, in terms of mechanic possibilities and intensity.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Tho, D/P is still cheese compared to shatter mes, with simpler burst combo, easier mechanics and better disengages. as a mesmer, you really need to work your possibilities(high skill ceiling) and outplay thief in order to win.

mesmer brings some really interesting plays with not only shatter, but also how their weapons work. you can pull off some really interesting stuff. The only thing that is close, is either s/f or s/d zerker ele, in terms of mechanic possibilities and intensity.

i don’t think people are talking about SA d/p….

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Mesmer and Thief for most skill intensive.
Ele and Engi for most mechanically intensive.

Given the OP’s definitions, this.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

Engineer and Ranger.

Every profession has faceroll builds, but the Engineer and Ranger in general I find have to work the most to succeed across their variety of specs when relying on class mechanics.

Elementalist has a lot of button mashing but it’s such a forgiving profession due to high boon up-time and a lot of healing access, and mobility for kiting/disengaging.

Mesmer and Thief are both forgiving of mistakes due to stealth, and whilst they’re mechanically intense in short bursts, it’s not very consistently straining as we can simply stealth and essentially have a break to recollect ourselves before continuing.

Necro is pretty straightforward, despite lacking mobility and CC resistance. The profession is still generally quite simple in terms of mechanics.

Guardian is simple.

And lastly, lol Warriors.

in Profession Balance

nickxnickx.5401

…lol
udumbro

Look, guys.
Not only this guy is a ignorant ******, a wvw zerger who never reached to any decent level of pvp play, hes also a person who only plays thief and has completely biased opinions over other classes,
the worst, he also refuses to get educated.

dont be this guy.

1. ustilldumbro
2. “thieves are easy mode
shatter mesmer top all classes in terms of mechanically intense.
- Anyone who has played pvp(both) and has played a thief would know both these statements are untrue.
3. I do play a lot on my thief (999 hours across 764 days), but doesn’t mean I lack knowledge of other classes or haven’t played them.
4. I indeed have played many classes in sPvP, deleted them, and continued on. I’m that guy who just has one character. I don’t have 6 level 80’s or a legendary because…i spend all my time pvping. All..my time.
5. I probably know my thief better than you know all your 80’s combined.
6. After playing so much thieftime… i’d probably think thief to be an easy character (in turns of mechanically intensive) but I don’t. With lack of condition cleansing, low hp pool, and low damage (any class has high damage with zerker gear).. I’d say they are one of the most mechanically intensive professions. Especially in terms of timing heals, stealth, reveal, conditions, condition removal, when to stay or leave stealth, shadow stepping in the correct direction, shadow returning at the right time, and gap closing.
7. I played on one of the best WvW guilds back in Sanctum of Ralls prime. Learned how to work with other characters in battles, as well as, learn what kind of buffs come from certain characters, and what combos can be generated. It was constant learning during each new patch.. for all classes. Had to learn how other classes operated, so I could easily work with them.
8. I stopped playing when it got too zergy for me. Thieves are not viable zerg classes.

But obviously this is all just my opinion and I’m getting quite bored of typing.

Soo..

-teef

Attachments:

in Profession Balance

nickxnickx.5401

Engineer and Ranger.

Every profession has faceroll builds, but the Engineer and Ranger in general I find have to work the most to succeed across their variety of specs when relying on class mechanics.

Elementalist has a lot of button mashing but it’s such a forgiving profession due to high boon up-time and a lot of healing access, and mobility for kiting/disengaging.

Mesmer and Thief are both forgiving of mistakes due to stealth, and whilst they’re mechanically intense in short bursts, it’s not very consistently straining as we can simply stealth and essentially have a break to recollect ourselves before continuing.

Necro is pretty straightforward, despite lacking mobility and CC resistance. The profession is still generally quite simple in terms of mechanics.

Guardian is simple.

And lastly, lol Warriors.

I agree with this list.
Maybe with one trade off with engineer. I’d say yeah in the past, but now a days it’s an overall pretty tanky/high damage/good cc class. Similar to Ele.

lol..warriors though
kitten kitten kitten .

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

As someone iterated above, it’s dependent on builds as well.

For APM, Mantra Mes, Followed by Attune Swap Ele, followed by kit Engineer or pet ranger.
The classes which are the most demanding/intensive overall? Well, it’s also dependent on situations:

Group fights? D/x burst thief (no SA). Staying alive and participating in a fight will require the most skill of any profession/build played in this environment.

1v1/Small groups? Tough call. I’d probably have to give it to some kind of melee pet ranger or mesmer. Thief swings wildly on the list as it’s so dependent on the foe and how the encounter goes down, so I’m not mentioning it here (D/D stab is either quite easy or absolutely nightmarishly difficult on a per-foe/encounter basis based upon builds and who engages who, if it’s a surprise, cooldown status, etc.). Working with the pet is not at all easy, and Eles and Engis, while requiring a lot of button-mashing, aren’t exactly professions (built in a viable way) which require a lot of skill to execute with a reasonable performance output.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Curby.4897

Curby.4897

Warrior.. I have to change the channel, make forum posts AND hit the f1 button. Life is hard after patches.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Keep in mind,

Most mechanically intensive (i.e. click, click, click, click much much) does not mean taking most skill to play.

Less jack-of-all-trades you are, more you have to focus on things like managing cooldowns and positioning.

That’s why Enginner or Elementalist, while they have many buttons, are not more skillful than other professions to me.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

scepter ele not d/d ele.. dd ele is just doing rotations mostly.. you have 4 buttons pretty much(your attunments) when you goto them you just do your rotation

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

No.

Skill intensive – yes, mechanically intensive – not compared with mantra/interrupt mesmer, ele, and niche engi builds.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

I’d have to say Mesmer, Engi, or Thief.

Mesmer for me seems all about timing and precision. I believe it requires good situational awareness of your illusions and deciding what skills to use at the time.

Engi, for me, was easy to learn but has a high skill cap. You have to keep track of lots of abilities and adapt to the situations that are given to you. You basically have a lot to manage and do.

Thief has a pretty high skill floor and cap, imo (besides condi p/d, lol) There’s lots of ways that you can utilize your different abilities like shadowstep, stealth, and steal. You have to always be thinking about your timing, health, cooldowns and initiative, which can be a lot to manage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Definitely Elementalist/Engineer. Outside of those two, it’s worth noting that Mesmer skills need precise execution. You can’t just press buttons in any order and expect to survive as a Mesmer.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tarzan.1684

Tarzan.1684

Mesmer/Ele.
I like the engie design. I disagree with others on it because they don’t need as much precise timing and skill rotation, it’s more like they have an answer to everything on their skill bar in this current meta. They might need to make sure a few skills need to be executed properly but nowhere as near as Theif/Ele and if you make a mistake it’s not as punishable compared to other classes rotations.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

It’s all subjective and person dependent really, but here’s how I break it down.

1. Mesmer:
They have stealth and extra dodges like a thief, unlike a thief they don’t have nearly as many dodges, or stealth. Their burst combos are harder to hit. They are harder to disengage with. They have more versatility with distortion and portal, but overall are the hardest class to play IMO (well shatter builds anyway). Timing their burst is difficult and key intensive.

2. Elementalist:
D/D celestial is pretty easy to do well with, but as soon as a good player messes up your rotation most eles will fall over and die. That isn’t why they are second though, s/f fresh air has low mobility and the burst combo is very difficult to hit both in terms of number of key presses and timing so the damage isn’t completely avoided. It has good boon access and some invulns, but to survive for decent amounts of time is tough.

3. Engineer:
Some people will say it is very spam oriented, but playing the class to its maximum potential often requires switching kits per skill use. In that respect, it has a high action per second ratio, and a high precision skill ratio. Engineer is brought down, by its passive procs and easy access to burning/invulns.

4. Thief:
Some say it is the most difficult, but overall the profession is fairly straightforward. There isn’t a lot of thinking on the spot because the whole profession comes down to one question, should I be avoiding damage right now (stealth or evades)? If not you should be dealing damage. The class has some difficult combos, and low hp/medium armor, but it also has the 2 best damage mitigation techniques in the game in stealth and evades. The damage is also much easier to hit than an elementalist or Mesmers due to ports and stealth attacks. The class could also be consider very forgiving because of the ability to disengage from anyone easily.

5. Necromancer:
Necros damage rotations are easy, and they don’t have any high action per second combos. I put them 5th simply because they have a far far far higher positioning requirement than any other class in the game because of terrible defensive mechanics, and lack of real escapes.

6/7. Ranger/Guardian:
Both classes have some decent combos, but neither punish you if you mess them up. Neither class can disengage well, but their defensive mechanics are pretty good.

8: Warrior:
The whole classes is so loaded up with passive skills, easy high damaging attacks, and stances that it is entirely faceroll. The skill floor to be decent is much lower than other classes, and the skill ceiling for a “professional” isn’t that much different than the skill floor for classes 1-4.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

I’ve been exclusively playing Mesmer, War and Engi since release. The three classes play much differently, that’s a good thing and yes Engi and Mesmer are mechanically more intensive, but when I see people running around yelling how their class demands a “BETTER PLAYER” than some other class I just burst into laughter.

Don’t worry boys, this is just a game, it’s not rocket science, anyone can be good at any class as long as they like playing the game, the class and spend a lot of time to practice.

And if anyone thinks there’s a faceroll class out there, then by all means, go ahead roll that class and win a tournament with it.

I’ve been gaming online for 15 years now, and it’s so funny when I see people complaining about others running “cheese builds”, but when they rolled the same cheese build, they were just bad at it.

And since this is a GW forum I can give you an example: remember GW1 and rawr? How everyone complained about their rawr spike and how cheesy it is, yet everyone that tried the “rawrway” just couldn’t measure up to them and rawr continuously ended up being the montly tournament winners. I always found that funny as hell…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I think it’s going off topic.

Thread is about mechanically intensiveness, which would translate to most prof mechanic clicks/minute. It’s engineer.

Now, thread is not about which profession takes more skill to play. Such discussion is pointless, because the answer is one: MY profession.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I think it’s going off topic.

Thread is about mechanically intensiveness, which would translate to most prof mechanic clicks/minute. It’s engineer.

Now, thread is not about which profession takes more skill to play. Such discussion is pointless, because the answer is one: MY profession.

Actions per minute is only part of the definition, mechanically means having to do with mechanics. Mechanics in this game are movement, skill usage, and build. Intensive from google: concentrated on a single area or subject or into a short time; very thorough or vigorous. This definition includes actions per minute, which an ele, or engineer would win, but that is just one part of one of the main mechanics of the game. Most mechanically intensive profession translates to, which class requires the most thorough and vigorous usage of skills, movement, and build setup. That doesn’t translate directly to actions per minute, and also includes timing, positioning, and thinking put into build setup, and skill usage.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

Ranger! You have to think for 2… Your pet is just a walking tomb unless you manage it quite well.

And for skill ceiling pet can be managed to stun lock someone with a bit of chance which is quite strong!

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server