Greatsword
Torch
Staff
Offhand Weapons:
Dagger
Shield
Pistol
Focus
Possibly new weapon sets like (Polearms and battleaxes [wink wink])
(btw, bcuz of the alignments, there is no weapon switching)
NEW MECHANIC***
This class has two “alignments”, light and dark, one is a dedicated healer/ minor buffing and crit damage, the other is CC and a bit of stealth and condition dmg.
The class has a 5 minute timer, counting down every 5 minutes to 0:00, and when it hits 0 the character switches alignments. Also, in case you felt like switching yourself before the timer hits zero, the F1 skill, named Ascension/Descent, switches you willingly and has a 30s cooldown, but has 2 charges, meaning it can only be used twice every 5 minutes (the charges being replaced at the end of every countdown).
The F2 skill is call Bestow/Corrupt, bestowing a certain number of boons to 5 allies around you from a list of boons at random, and corrupting the enemies in the same area with a list of conditions to 5 enemies from a certain list of conditions, also with a 30s cooldown.
Skills and traits***
I’ve only been working on this in my spare time so i’ve actually only created about 3 skills, 1 heal and 2 elites (one of the elites used to be a heal as well, but a few guildies pointed out that it didn’t work exactly the way a heal was supposed to, so i changed it up a bit and made it an elite skill.
Heal Skill: Citadel’s Protection/ Retributive Renewal
1. Mid Level Heal + Might & Fury (4s)
2. Mid Level Heal + 30% Condi dmg (4s) + Stealth (2s)
Elite Skills
Angelic Fury/Demonic Possession
1. Allies in AOE area (ground targeted) will gain “Angelic Fury” buff, showing glowing ethereal wings on the back of the character, providing Protection, Regeneration, Might, Fury, and Quickness for 10s.
2. Enemies in AOE area (ground targeted) will gain a condition called “Demonic Possession”, making their movement controls and skills reversed (WASD is reversed, forward is back, back is forward, left and right ect., and movement skills like Whirling Attack on Warrior Greatsword, will send you in the exact opposite direction) and your attacks have a 50% chance to deal 100% weapon and skill damage to allies instead of enemies for 10s.
Martyrdom/Sacrificial Punishment
1. 3/4s cast time, you begin taking all damage that is hitting an AOE area around your character while allies in that area are invulnerable, and when your health hits 0% and you go down, allies in the AOE area get burst healed of 150% of the damage you took.
2. All damage done to you and allies in your immediate AOE area is dealt 1/1 to any enemies in an AOE area of ground targeting you place down.
Side note: definitely not completed, but constructive criticism and ideas and thoughts would be awesome, this is a guild project for us and i have been getting help from them but ideas always help, so tell me what you think ^.^

Previously known as Asshat the Wild, you can call me Vae
Proud member of the [ASH] WvW team
Gaurdian, Mesmer, Thief, Warrior, Ele

New Heavy Profession Idea

in Profession Balance

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

So, you just want a profession that is guardian/warrior every 5 min?…
I’d rather them the current professions before doing anything like this.

I am a teef
:)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dragonic Elemental.2674

Dragonic Elemental.2674

Sounds cool! I like the dual nature you propose, and the skills and mechanic sound balanced. It seems like a new, unique profession for the most part, but I think you should elabortae more on working out the mechanic, as it may be a little too similar to Ele now.

Of course, it is important that ANet fix problems with the other professions first before theyintroduce a new one. Until that time comes, keep this in mind!

May the Six watch over us. And come back to Tyria soon.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

What i realy like to see is a dervish like concept.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Profession Balance

Posted by: KarsaiB.9475

KarsaiB.9475

Just give me a fiery battleaxe on elementalist.

55 HP Monks // Random scrubadub

in Profession Balance

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Chronomancer would be the next class most likely. Anet even had concept art before the game came out apparently. Medium health pool most likely having similar concepts with mesmer such as instant blinks. Could have a mix of offensive and defensive group support similar to elementalists. Warrior playing the role of powerhouse tank guard as group support tank and chronomancer somewhere in the middle.

Bad Elementalist

in Profession Balance

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

I call it the Fanatic
Heavy Armor class with a mechanic akin to elementalist attunements
Medium sized health pool
Main hand weapons:
Sword
Axe
Hammer
Greatsword
Torch
Staff
Offhand Weapons:
Dagger
Shield
Pistol
Focus
Possibly new weapon sets like (Polearms and battleaxes [wink wink])
(btw, bcuz of the alignments, there is no weapon switching)
NEW MECHANIC***
This class has two “alignments”, light and dark, one is a dedicated healer/ minor buffing and crit damage, the other is CC and a bit of stealth and condition dmg.
The class has a 5 minute timer, counting down every 5 minutes to 0:00, and when it hits 0 the character switches alignments. Also, in case you felt like switching yourself before the timer hits zero, the F1 skill, named Ascension/Descent, switches you willingly and has a 30s cooldown, but has 2 charges, meaning it can only be used twice every 5 minutes (the charges being replaced at the end of every countdown).
The F2 skill is call Bestow/Corrupt, bestowing a certain number of boons to 5 allies around you from a list of boons at random, and corrupting the enemies in the same area with a list of conditions to 5 enemies from a certain list of conditions, also with a 30s cooldown.
Skills and traits***
I’ve only been working on this in my spare time so i’ve actually only created about 3 skills, 1 heal and 2 elites (one of the elites used to be a heal as well, but a few guildies pointed out that it didn’t work exactly the way a heal was supposed to, so i changed it up a bit and made it an elite skill.
Heal Skill: Citadel’s Protection/ Retributive Renewal
1. Mid Level Heal + Might & Fury (4s)
2. Mid Level Heal + 30% Condi dmg (4s) + Stealth (2s)
Elite Skills
Angelic Fury/Demonic Possession
1. Allies in AOE area (ground targeted) will gain “Angelic Fury” buff, showing glowing ethereal wings on the back of the character, providing Protection, Regeneration, Might, Fury, and Quickness for 10s.
2. Enemies in AOE area (ground targeted) will gain a condition called “Demonic Possession”, making their movement controls and skills reversed (WASD is reversed, forward is back, back is forward, left and right ect., and movement skills like Whirling Attack on Warrior Greatsword, will send you in the exact opposite direction) and your attacks have a 50% chance to deal 100% weapon and skill damage to allies instead of enemies for 10s.
Martyrdom/Sacrificial Punishment
1. 3/4s cast time, you begin taking all damage that is hitting an AOE area around your character while allies in that area are invulnerable, and when your health hits 0% and you go down, allies in the AOE area get burst healed of 150% of the damage you took.
2. All damage done to you and allies in your immediate AOE area is dealt 1/1 to any enemies in an AOE area of ground targeting you place down.
Side note: definitely not completed, but constructive criticism and ideas and thoughts would be awesome, this is a guild project for us and i have been getting help from them but ideas always help, so tell me what you think ^.^

I would rather take a medium armoured “Dervish” over another heavy armoured class. All anet would need to do is modernise them, remove the dresses for male characters and adapt them to guild wars 2 concepts.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

I wouldn’t call something a healer. That will make it pretty much a non-starter with ANET

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Architecture.7524

Architecture.7524

I would really like to see the class monk who uses kicks and punch. Abd maybe some claws for the female monks and maybe a bamboo stick. And a tail.

All monks should be bald. Period.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

I’m still waiting for that promised “Commando” class.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

I’m still waiting for that promised “Commando” class.

and the ranger, elementalist, necro, thief and engineer…right?

I have seen them in the esports mode “alpha” but apart from that do they work? and yes i tried up, down, left, right, A, start but nothing…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Please stop, my sides can’t take anymore.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Chronomancer would be the next class most likely. Anet even had concept art before the game came out apparently. Medium health pool most likely having similar concepts with mesmer such as instant blinks. Could have a mix of offensive and defensive group support similar to elementalists. Warrior playing the role of powerhouse tank guard as group support tank and chronomancer somewhere in the middle.

Chronomancer and everything from Utopia have long since been rolled up into EoTN and GW2. Dev interviews discuss this at length. You actually see influence of Chrono skills in Mesmer TW. I think there were more discussed that currently elude me.

They have been pretty adamant in saying that they’re happy with the current classes. The current classes have (between them) nearly everything from the classes GW1. While the Devs do go back on what they say sometimes, I currently agree with them. The classes in game are good. Anything extra would be a waste. There is no extra mechanic from GW1 or traditional MMOs that isn’t already in a class.

@Vaebrae: They have said that new weapons and weapon use between classes will be addressed. This may be the best way. The class you suggested is useless and provides nothing that other classes cannot provide much better. This isn’t a cut at you. It is just the harsh reality of trying to design and balance classes.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

in Profession Balance

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I can image a new mechanism. Something what manipulates the combo fields and finishers. A real druid class, not something failed like ranger.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+