New Weapons?

New Weapons?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Is there anything in the works to distribute broader weapon use among the professions? We’ve been using the same combat skills for two years and there is no sign of it ever changing. I recall a blog in the past where a developer offhandedly mentioned the vision of all classes being able to use all weapons. I’m not taking that at face value, but I think we are overdue for some variety. Honestly I imagine it never happening due to the balance nightmare it presents, but the professions are getting stale.

New Weapons?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

The day A-net puts in new weapon types, will be when GW2 gets a expansion. Hopefully it will work like Guild wars secondary profession system. Very hard to balance classes with new weapons types.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

New Weapons?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Personal suggestion: Remove special underwater weapons, and make those available on the ground (ofc with balance adjustments).

Due to that, there would already be those weapons in game, and therefore neither the loot nor the crafting has to be changed.
Not to mention, it is already weird to be forced to use special weapons underwater, with a lot of balance problems coming with them, if we could just adjust the weapon skills similar to the grenade kit from the engi.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

New Weapons?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I’m not talking about new weapons as in new types of weapons being added, I’m talking existing weapons being opened for professions that currently cannot use them. For example, staff Ranger, great sword necro, or axe thief

New Weapons?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i’d be happy if they changed the Fiery Greatsword skin to a two-handed battle axe
i mean, Volcanus. . . c’mon

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

New Weapons?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

I’m not talking about new weapons as in new types of weapons being added, I’m talking existing weapons being opened for professions that currently cannot use them. For example, staff Ranger, great sword necro, or axe thief

If you go the GW2 General Discussion tab in the forums you’ll see several posts by developers rehashing their absurd policy of not being able to talk about anything in development. It sounds like cynicism, but it’s really not! ANet actually has a policy prohibiting them from communicating with players. In other words, no one knows what’s in development anymore because ANet’s ridiculous policy prevents them from discussing it.

New Weapons?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

anet should not lock them selves away from conversations like this one

there should be more collaboration

if there “right” they should be able to show there ideas to the community
and let us be as tough and criticizing as possible

if they are truly good ideas they will be able to stand through tough criticism

i dont like the policy …. it stops the healthy process of arguing lol

i can understand that the community can be tough!

but that is not a reason to not talk to us about
about how we feel about there game/ideas

really the policy is just a job protector for the incompetent…

it looks bad if the community knows more about the game than the developer
and if the community is showing they can do a better job

it shows they are not confident in there work :S

(edited by caveman.5840)

New Weapons?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

there shouldnt be more collaboration there should be more action.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

New Weapons?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

+1 agreed they are slacking lol

(edited by caveman.5840)