New boon!

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kukchi.6173

Kukchi.6173

Make a boon that does the same as protection but for conditions? 33% reduction from condi dmg.
Fix

Human thief lvl 80 pistol dagger pistol sword cheese extreme.
Anet fix thief plz its boring now :(

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Only if Vulnerability increases condition damage dealt.

Nothing multiplies condition damage, either in a positive or negative direction. This is fine for balance.

Note: Sigil of Bursting multiplies the condition damage stat, not the actual damage dealt.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Conditions already have so many things going against them, they don’t need to be taken down another notch.

1) 25 cap max (it only takes 2 condi uses to show that both of their dps decrease, or power builds that apply conditions can also lower condi builds dps)
2) 5? stack for duration applications (not really that big of a limitation just listed for completeness)
3) you need more condition damage to actually see any increase in damage (1 power will increase your dps however slightly, but you need 20 condi damage to notice your bleeds doing more damage. Not 100% sure how the game calculates crit hits [does it use fractions or whole numbers only], why I left out precision.)
4) since conditions only tick on whole seconds, condi duration can be useless 2.0s plus 0.9s == 0 dps increase
5) Only 1 real stat directly influences condition damage (2 if you manage to get enough condi duration to get to another whole second) where 3 directly influences direct damage (as for protection – not every class gets protection).
6) As it stands direct damage still does more than condi damage and in a shorter time frame
7) You can cleanse and remove condi’s before they apply their full damage (I’d compare this to the protection boon already. You only have so many cleanses vs. X% uptime of protection/boon striping&stealing)

In open world PvE conditions are laughably underpowered. In dungeons/fractals they really feel the 25 stack limit. In WvW zergs they can be more underpowered than in PvE because players will cleanse and move out of your condi fields plus the cap limit. In smaller WvW groups you can feel the 25 limit stack again. It’s only in PvP where you need to defend/attack a small point that condis can be considered overpowered and some classes have more hard/soft counters to condis than others.

If a full glass cannon can burst 80% of my hp in a second or two (in knights/dire gear), why can’t my conditions be equally dangerous to him?

Edit: stupid pluses == underline.

(edited by Wallace MacBix.2089)

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

If a full glass cannon can burst 80% of my hp in a second or two (in knights/dire gear), why can’t my conditions be equally dangerous to him?

Cause that glass cannon risks everything, while you are in full dire. And give me that GC build that does 80% of your HP in 2 seconds, ty.

Btw, what does the GC do after you’ve healed back to 70%?

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Cause that glass cannon risks everything, while you are in full dire. And give me that GC build that does 80% of your HP in 2 seconds, ty.

Actually knights/dire, and I wish I knew then at least I could figure out a counter. And normally they just stealth and get ready to burst again while I try to swing/AoE/dodge blindly and hope I get lucky.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

Actually knights/dire, and I wish I knew then at least I could figure out a counter. And normally they just stealth and get ready to burst again while I try to swing/AoE/dodge blindly and hope I get lucky.

YES!!! I knew this will drift towards another “nerf teef” thread eventually

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

Nothing multiplies condition damage, either in a positive or negative direction. This is fine for balance.

This is a biased viewpoint not only because you main Necromancer (as per your signature) but also because you conveniently decided to mention that nothing multiplies condition damage without mentioning that Weakness divides power damage.

Power:
- Might Increases Damage
- Weakness Decreases Damage

Conditions:
- Might Increases Damage
- ?

This boon is fine for balance.

+1

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Cygnus.6903

Aha! so it not is your enemy, but yourself that damages you, young padawan.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

This is a biased viewpoint not only because you main Necromancer (as per your signature) but also because you conveniently decided to mention that nothing multiplies condition damage without mentioning that Weakness divides power damage.

if you want to make a list of the multipliers, at least try to make a complete one:

Power:
+Vulnerability
+Numerous traits that usually give a +5% to +20% boost (and that sigil)
-Protection
-Weakness
-Toughness

Conditions:
-Cleanses
(+-Condition duration)

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Kukchi.6173

Conditions already have so many things going against them, they don’t need to be taken down another notch.

1) 25 cap max (it only takes 2 condi uses to show that both of their dps decrease, or power builds that apply conditions can also lower condi builds dps)
2) 5? stack for duration applications (not really that big of a limitation just listed for completeness)
3) you need more condition damage to actually see any increase in damage (1 power will increase your dps however slightly, but you need 20 condi damage to notice your bleeds doing more damage. Not 100% sure how the game calculates crit hits [does it use fractions or whole numbers only], why I left out precision.)
4) since conditions only tick on whole seconds, condi duration can be useless 2.0s plus 0.9s == 0 dps increase
5) Only 1 real stat directly influences condition damage (2 if you manage to get enough condi duration to get to another whole second) where 3 directly influences direct damage (as for protection – not every class gets protection).
6) As it stands direct damage still does more than condi damage and in a shorter time frame
7) You can cleanse and remove condi’s before they apply their full damage (I’d compare this to the protection boon already. You only have so many cleanses vs. X% uptime of protection/boon striping&stealing)

In open world PvE conditions are laughably underpowered. In dungeons/fractals they really feel the 25 stack limit. In WvW zergs they can be more underpowered than in PvE because players will cleanse and move out of your condi fields plus the cap limit. In smaller WvW groups you can feel the 25 limit stack again. It’s only in PvP where you need to defend/attack a small point that condis can be considered overpowered and some classes have more hard/soft counters to condis than others.

Edit: stupid pluses == underline.

I dont see how being a bunker condition makes any sense. Being a bunker means you sacrifice dps for sustain. You cant bunker with burst direct dmg. But you can with condition does not make sense. Toughness negates direct dmg what negates condition?

New boon!

in Profession Balance

SonOfKrypton.4357

if you want to make a list of the multipliers, at least try to make a complete one:

You can make all the lists you want, love. Doesn’t mean mine is any less credible. There is no direct opposite equivalent of Weakness as there is for many other boons.

Currently, there are more conditions in the game than boons. Arguing that a boon to combat the condition meta is bad for the game has no merit and as far as I am concerned anyone that denies the simple logic I’ve just posed has far more problems than worrying about a condition in a video game.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

If you are in full dire, your conditions barely tickle targets.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Currently, there are more conditions in the game than boons. Arguing that a boon to combat the condition meta is bad for the game has no merit and as far as I am concerned anyone that denies the simple logic I’ve just posed has far more problems than worrying about a condition in a video game.

Again I have to repeat myself from the other thread: What condition-meta?
The total dominance direct damage has in tPvP, WvW and PvE? That’s your condition-meta? If that is the case, then colour me unimpressed.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Kukchi.6173

Somehow i feel like this is complete bs.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

SonOfKrypton.4357

The total dominance direct damage has in tPvP

We’re playing a different game, honey.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Cygnus.6903

No…they don’t..

The importance of precision when using conditions is extremely overestimated. It doesn’t actually increase condition damage, just the amount of conditions. And it does a poor job at that. Dire nets you the same amount of condition damage stat, precision is often not worth it.

You do know that the main reason for the current power meta in pvp is Strength rune? Actually, Hybrid is very prevalent because of it.
Conditions will not any time soon rule any part of the game other then small WvW roaming. It is just in that area though, that conditions are way too easy to play to reap such benefits.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Kukchi.6173

The total dominance direct damage has in tPvP, WvW and PvE? That’s your condition-meta? If that is the case, then colour me unimpressed.

Have you ever been bursted down by a condition build? If your answer is no then you must be new to the game. Conditions ticking for 3k+ is a bit ridiculous. In addition conditions ignore toughness making armor feel virtually useless. Why does dmg have so much to negate it yet condition dmg does not?

(edited by Kukchi.6173)

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

So wait you’re saying that almost every tpvp team/match up has at least 3 players whose main damage type are conditions?

EverythingOP

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Kukchi.6173

So wait you’re saying that almost every tpvp team/match up has at least 3 players whose main damage type are conditions?

I see it a lot. Most engis,necro,thieves run condition meta builds. Yes the condition meta is here. Its just the people that abuse it want to keep it under wraps.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

SonOfKrypton.4357

I am saying that the increase in condition specs seen in PvP isn’t just because they like seeing pretty red condition floaters.

Am I the only one who finds it extremely indicative that the only players in this thread who are adverse to the idea of this boon play Necromancers. There’s a reason Necromancers were given Daggers, Axes and Warhorns. They’re called power builds.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Tim.6450

I see it a lot. Most engis,necro,thieves run condition meta builds. Yes the condition meta is here. Its just the people that abuse it want to keep it under wraps.

So if you see it a lot then you there are occasion it is lower? So I can be safe to assume that the amount of condition builds in a team should be around 50%~60%. Isn’t that balanced?

Also you only specified three of the 8 classes. What about the other 5? What do they run?

EverythingOP

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Kukchi.6173

So if you see it a lot then you there are occasion it is lower? So I can be safe to assume that the amount of condition builds in a team should be around 50%~60%. Isn’t that balanced?

Also you only specified three of the 8 classes. What about the other 5? What do they run?

Its not really balanced if you can burst with condition. The number of players switching to condition is probably increasing, since they are realizing they can have ticks of 3k+ and can burst ppl down ignoring toughness and armor. I highly suggest you make other classes and play them out they all have the ability to run condition but those stated above have the highest potential of bringing unbalance to condition play.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Tim.6450

Am I the only one who finds it extremely indicative that the only players in this thread who are adverse to the idea of this boon play Necromancers. There’s a reason Necromancers were given Daggers, Axes and Warhorns. They’re called power builds.

Doesn’t Carighan play a mesmer? Also the fact that necromancers are against this at a boon says a lot since they can easily strip/ corrupt it. Besides I never said I’m against it, I just don’t believe we have a condition meta.

I do am against though it for 2 reasons:
-Such thing already exists it’s called purging flames. I see nobody taking that though. And if you say it doesn’t reduce “damage” (which it does but later in the fight), I say you this that exists as well it’s called cleansing.
-What will it be corrupted to? It would mean that we have to introduce that enhances condition damage which is not a good idea.

EverythingOP

New boon!

in Profession Balance

SonOfKrypton.4357

This logic is invalid. You’re assuming that all 8 classes are used evenly.

It would mean that we have to introduce that enhances condition damage which is not a good idea.

I just don’t believe we have a condition meta.

MMMMKAY.

(edited by SonOfKrypton.4357)

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Tim.6450

Its not really balanced if you can burst with condition. The number of players switching to condition is probably increasing, since they are realizing they can have ticks of 3k+ and can burst ppl down ignoring toughness and armor. I highly suggest you make other classes and play them out they all have the ability to run condition but those stated above have the highest potential of bringing unbalance to condition play.

Ticks of three 3K+ is the equavalent of a condition necro in PVE having 25 stacks of bleeding. Even with burn and terror (which is a serious investement) you need at least 1,2 K damage and that is 8 stacks of bleeding. So I don’t believe they can “burst”.
I do play other classes and warrior has good condition burst. Better the necromancer unless the enemy thinks of playing lots of boons or throwing conditions at the necromancer.

EverythingOP

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Tim.6450

This logic is invalid. You’re assuming that all 8 classes are used evenly.

Indeed, warrior and guardian are not popular I take it?

EverythingOP

New boon!

in Profession Balance

SonOfKrypton.4357

The only classes I can think of without a viable condition build are Elementalists and Guardians.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Tim.6450

It would mean that we have to introduce that enhances condition damage which is not a good idea.

I just don’t believe we have a condition meta.

MMMMKAY.

Yes I don’t believe that we have a condition meta, but that doesn’t mean I want to see an extra condition that is the condition equivalent of vulnerability. Introducing extra conditions needs to be done with care since it would make cleansing with limits weaker. They would need a buff. So condition players then need to play more diverse in their conditions and therefore reducing class diversity.

EverythingOP

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Tim.6450

The only classes I can think of without a viable condition build are Elementalists and Guardians.

And what are the classes without viable power builds?

EverythingOP

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Conditions will not any time soon rule any part of the game other then small WvW roaming. It is just in that area though, that conditions are way too easy to play to reap such benefits.

Yes but I see that as a logistical/player issue, not a balance one (or rather, I see the issues conditions have as a balance problem).

The thing is, you’re going around solo. In a game format where you could not go around solo. Expecting a fair fight, or looking for them. <— that last sentence is where people lose me.

It’s… you give me the ability to bring you an unfair fight. Why would I not capitalize on that? WvW is supposed to emulate a server-war, and maybe too few play it like that, but if I can win simply by steamrolling 1v1 builds with superior numbers, then I will very much do so. Bonus points if it frustrated people enough so they make anger-mistakes, but not enough (so we only bring 2-3 players :P ) to make them leave, “clogging” spots where players don’t join the material-warfare groups.

In that sense, I enjoy the “condition meta”. Neverending supply of players throwing their character’s life away for loot bags.

But anyhow, in short, the issue is that people try to fight 1v1 in a game which isn’t meant to be fought in that small formats. And even just a group vs a group bring so many defensive tools and cleanses that conditions become a liability because you waste one entire group slot worth of damage for someone able to load an enemy up on conditions. If your gamble fails (they cleanse it), you will lose someone by the time you can try it again, and then it’s a lopsided fight and escalates from there.

Ultimately, I think what needs to happen is that damage stacking needs to go:

• Full-damage builds do too much damage, IMO. And have too little defence.
  • Full condition builds cause too many conditions, and not enough direct damage. Vice versa too, ofc.
  • Bunker builds are too bunker, and not enough damage.

Cut off the outer ~25% on each end of all gear/trait/number scales, and things wash out but probably in a positive way as the outliers disappear. Things are closer together and as a result a direct-damage assist-train kills you in 0,8 instead of 0,2 seconds, a condition necro loads you up on 20 conditions instead of 40, a thief stealthes every 2 seconds instead of every 0,5 (intentionally exaggerated, ofc :P ).

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Ele
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d23RjJYVaHw

Guardian feels a little akward but it is possible you’ll see a few of us in WWW or pvp. I use this build until I find a better one.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNArdRlsApZo97wbI8DNR8Ql1YUdAkAP61zwOcDA-TJRHwAV2fowpAAZZAAPBAA

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

For people that keep thinking that conditions are too strong I shall not believe you unless you main thief because if I can survive using so predictable CnD against AoE condi engi no other classes should complain.
And if you didn’t realize power build become more offensive if they go crit that why zerker is so popular :kill it before it kills you. Can conditions crit do the conditions weapons scale high with power???
Think people think.

The Dhuumfire thread

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

no, because those are about team play and you can use your teammates to help you survive all the insane condi spam. so it’s not really that apparent how OP conditions are the more people that are added to a fight. smaller fights though, 1 vs 1 and such (and don’t give me that argument that the game isn’t designed around 1 on 1 fights. there are some of us who ONLY play just for the one on 1 fights and you have no right to tell us that we arent allowed to play the game that way). In 1 on 1 fights, conditions are supremely overpowered. Don’t believe me? Go to one of the 1 vs 1 dueling servers where they have a minimum bet of 50g per fight and tell me how many power based builds you see there. Go there with a power base build and try to fight them and tell me how much gold you win. I can tell you how much gold you can make in a few hours dueling the few who are stupid enough to go there with power based builds thinking they can win. 600g in 1 day is not bad for just a few fights that last a few seconds since condi CAN, despite all the misinformation spread by condi abusers, bust down people very fast.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

It would be unbalanced. It isn’t the damage per condition but the number of conditions that is the issue often. More refined it is the inability to remove the right condition doing the most damage.

1. Condition damage is countered by condition removal.
2. The big issue is that what you remove often is not what you needed to remove (if you are “overloaded” with conditions).

A much better answer would be to allow each player to have a panel that sets which conditions get removed in what order. You wouldn’t get more removal, just potentially more effective or customized removal. But remember, you have no idea what conditions will be thrown on you, how much damage per condition and the timing. You are guessing and the condition damage dealer is guessing how to best lay down his damage on you in terms of order etc. Right now, I load you with the big damage conditions then COVER with garbage. You artificially take more damage than I think was intended.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Condition damage is countered by condition removal (and just killing the condition user quickly so they can’t build stacks). But how would they counterplay condition removal? The answer: overload cleanses.

That’s realistically the only way it can work.

That said, even the fastest “condition burst” takes at least 15 seconds to kill anyone, which is pretty darn slow for “burst.” If you’re taking 3k damage condition ticks, it’s because you let your opponent land several attacks on you. If you did that against a Power build (even Soldier’s gear), you would already be dead.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

The only condition build that gains any considerable advantage from precision is the Engi with Incendiary Powder. P/D Thieves, PU condi Mesmers, and S/S condi Warriors can go pure dire and are still the most powerful dueling specs in the game.

Also, since the Dhuumfire nerf, precision on a condi Necro is negligible. Just go dire and chain fear with Terror and stack conditions with Spite Signet and Corrupt Boon.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Make a boon that does the same as protection but for conditions? 33% reduction from condi dmg.
Fix

This statement doesn’t make any sense considering it has already been proven 10 times over that in almost every profession there is a soldiers guild build that out damages a dire build.

Your making a lot of claims, but offering no facts. While the rest of us have already broken down the numbers to educate players such as yourself, in the previous 29 threads on this topic.

The only condition build that gains any considerable advantage from precision is the Engi with Incendiary Powder. P/D Thieves, PU condi Mesmers, and S/S condi Warriors can go pure dire and are still the most powerful dueling specs in the game.

Also, since the Dhuumfire nerf, precision on a condi Necro is negligible. Just go dire and chain fear with Terror and stack conditions with Spite Signet and Corrupt Boon.

You should educate yourself a little more about the traits. On the engineer alone, you left out sharpshooter, Infused Precision, Go for the Eyes, Precise Sights, and Bunker Down. Now I challange you to prove that none of those aid a condition build.

The importance of precision when using conditions is extremely overestimated. It doesn’t actually increase condition damage, just the amount of conditions. And it does a poor job at that. Dire nets you the same amount of condition damage stat, precision is often not worth it.

Umm, I hate to use things like facts, logic, and common sense and all, but how does increasing the amount of conditions, their stack level, or their duration not increase a players condition damage output?

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

only condition build that gains any considerable advantage from precision is the Engi with Incendiary Powder. P/D Thieves, PU condi Mesmers, and S/S condi Warriors can go pure dire and are still the most powerful dueling specs in the game.

I suggest to read up. Especially including the PU Mesmer in there is kinda funny, considering the cornerstone of Blackwater is the bleeding.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP: No new boon. Condi damage just needs a nerf.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

@OP: No new boon. Condi damage just needs a nerf.

Got any damage comparison evidence to back that up?

Your statement is a bit hard to swallow when it has been shown 10 times over that in every profession, a soldiers gear build does congruent damage to any dire build. In many cases, the soldiers builds did more damage.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Cygnus.6903

It’s… you give me the ability to bring you an unfair fight. Why would I not capitalize on that?

That is not the issue I’m talking about here. It is not the fact that in WvW, you will get swamped by superior numbers sooner or later. You can and should expect that to happen. I do not hate people for Xv1ing me. In fact, just having superior numbers is outplaying your opponent in a sense.

It is not even that there are superior builds in this game. There pretty much always are. Sure, the best build for roaming can probably be hard countered by a build that is tailored to exactly that purpose, but said counter will have a hard time doing anything else.

The problem, IMO, is that the superior build I am talking about, should demand very high skill from the player. Condition specs don’t have that demand. Of course, this is all in my opinion, and many condition enthusiasts will not hesitate to drown mine in theirs.

Umm, I hate to use things like facts, logic, and common sense and all, but how does increasing the amount of conditions, their stack level, or their duration not increase a players condition damage output?

Enthusiast spotted!

Please mr. monkey, where did I state that

increasing the amount of conditions, their stack level, or their duration

does not increase a players’ condition damage output?

Read it again. I said that

The importance of precision when using conditions is extremely overestimated.

It is not hardly as important as you or others may try to make it out to be, and sure as hell inferior to using Dire in almost all cases.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

The problem, IMO, is that the superior build I am talking about, should demand very high skill from the player. Condition specs don’t have that demand. Of course, this is all in my opinion, and many condition enthusiasts will not hesitate to drown mine in theirs.

I agree, but I also think that rune/sigil based power excepted (really, sigils and runes need a substantial across-the-board nerf, they’re far too centrepiece of many setups), condition specs aren’t superior, inferior if anything.

And mind you, this is from the perspective of a triple-sword lockdown mesmer. I have about as much condition damage as a rabbit in the newbie zone. But… condition builds are powerful if they abuse runes of perplexity. Those are the only ones I even perceive as powerful. The rest deals slower damage (over time, after all) in return for a slot free for a defensive stat. And since they usually blow it on Toughness, they’re in turn vulnerable to the perplexity condition players again.

It’s all… I still don’t see the power in condition builds everyone is on about. Except for 1v1 roaming, and even then only because the raw killspeed of power-based glass cannons force everyone to invest into either Toughness or enough power to out-glass them. In turn, this makes the 1v1 roamers very fragile to condition players. If people were to swap their Toughness for Vitality they’d live plenty long enough to kill the condition players, but ofc then the next best Thief, Warrior or basically anyone with a more useful (read: power-based) spec will plow over them.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Kukchi.6173

Torment was added why cant this boon be added? If you dont see or understand the power of condition make sure you run a full condition cheese build in spvp the minigame. I faced a whole team of condition users. There was nothing we could do, no amount of condition removal anything we could do to the AOE conditions. GG. Honestly if you still believe that condition is fine, then you are abusing the cheese builds.

(edited by Kukchi.6173)

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Epidemix Revenge.4862

Epidemix Revenge.4862

This is from a mediocre mmr spvp perspective.

No need for this boon. There is no condition meta. Its all Hambows, Turret Engies, Lichmancers/Minionmancers, Phantasm Mesmers, Bunker/Med guards, S/D thieves, D/D eles and …ok yeah Rangers are all condi from my experience. Not to say that there aren’t condition specs out there. I see the occasional unique snowflake S/S LB Warrior and PU Mesmer though the latter is a negative for whatever team its on. I have seen a decent amount of spike condi thieves and aids necros too. But honestly its like 75% Power since 4/15 from what I have seen.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Kukchi.6173

No need for this boon. There is no condition meta. Its all Hambows, Turret Engies, Lichmancers/Minionmancers, Phantasm Mesmers, Bunker/Med guards, S/D thieves, D/D eles and …ok yeah Rangers are all condi from my experience. Not to say that there aren’t condition specs out there. I see the occasional unique snowflake S/S LB Warrior and PU Mesmer though the latter is a negative for whatever team its on. I have seen a decent amount of spike condi thieves and aids necros too. But honestly its like 75% Power since 4/15 from what I have seen.

Spvp the minigame has condi meta. hambow is a joke.

(edited by Kukchi.6173)

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Epidemix Revenge.4862

Epidemix Revenge.4862

Spvp the minigame has condi meta. hambow is a joke.

Liar liar pants on fire?

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

There’s a condimeta in sPvP? What sPvP is that? Chinese servers? US? Because it sure isn’t in the EU.

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

There are class only boons for both a counter and a + to condtion dmg. Sadly they cant be striped at all making them a bit on the strong side for these classes. There a lot of class only boons in the game you just do not seem them that often i would not mind seeing them get a major buff and nerf on some but at the same time allow for ways to remove though boons.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Hmm, its incredible, how people in my opinion totally derailed here the topic into a condition discussion, when the topic of this thread is clearly all about new boons …

GW2 definetely needs more new Boons to balance better the game.
They game has currently too much conditions and too less boons and some changes to the Condition Effects to make them more interesting. GW2 has too much Damage over Time Conditions with Bleeding, Poison, Burning, Torment, Confusion and indirect Boon Damage over Time from Retaliation that makes characters die in seconds, if you get all of these onto you with high stacks, especially with high stacks of bleeding, torment and confusion which make out of you a free kill in seconds of you can’t cleanse all of this quickly enough.
So its absoutely understandable and a must, that there needs to be also a boon, that reduces condition damage.

Boons that GW2 needs:

Sturdiness = Counter Boon to Might, increases the Maximum Toughness and Healing Power per Stack. When getting corrupted, this Boon turns into Vulnerability

Healing Power should get renamed to “Stamina” and receive a little Extra Effect, that higher Stamina should reduce also the Condition Damage that you receive slightly.
Corrupting Protection should turn the Boon into Torment instead of Vulnerability

Concentration = Gives you a Chance of not getting stunned, dazed or interrupted.
GW2 needs a light version of Stability, that is spead out a bit more among all classes, whereas Stability, that protects against more things, like also Fear, Knockdowns, and Launches with 100% protection. Or Stability could get in generally changed to Concentration for the sake that the Boons gets spread out more for all classes.

Fear needs to be changed to a complete new effect, because together with the Terror Trait Necromancers just get easily another hard damaging Damage Over Time condition with Fear getting turned into one, which on the other hand makes also Torment op, because it synergizes naturally very good from the forced up running away from the foe to maximize the torment damage and make foes even die quicker like flies. Corrupted, Concentration could turn into Fear.

Focus = Focus should increase Ferocity and Precision, like a Counterpart to Might and Sturdiness.
Corrupted Focus could turn into the new Condition “Apathy”

Apathy = Decreases Ferocity and Condition Damage, while also decreasing the Attack Speed of Auto Attacks. (or instead reduce initiative Regen in case of Thieves)

Combats would be so much more fun and interesting with these changes.

Fear Instead of letting foes run away like chickens, which are totally fearless, when facing a huge elder dragon suddenly .. (which makes this whole condition so ridiculous!!) getting Fear should work like Daze. Daze should get completely removed out of the game.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

New boon!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Engineers, PU condi clone death Mesmers, and Condi P/D Thief are really the main offenders. In Spvp these sort of specs are pretty bad aside from engi. WvW/Solo Roaming view theses specs are considered easy mode and no skill just pecause of all the passive procs flying everywhere.

PU Condi Mesmers – power specs can never win against them(The chances are incredibly slim and the person playing mesmer has to make a lot of mistakes to fail). Perma weakness essentially, and continuous dodging with energy sigil to proc condi clone death trait while being able to go invisible and blink every 5 sec(Funniest thing too, the traited staff says it’s 8 second cooldown but really it’s 5s when you have the 3 point minor in illusions ) No one has sufficient enough self condition removal to fight something like this. The only thing I can see beating this realistically is another condi build.

Engineer – Ranged condition spam, with sustainability, and passive Burning on crit like old Dhuumfire(IA). Engineers aren’t fun to fight at all unless you’re a necro. Also close too I win button “Supply Crate”. Easy to condi overload with the way they can apply conditions and run away.

P/D thieves – Rinse and repeat Condi burst(application of 4-5 Conditions in medium to decent stacks) Stealth, Confusion steal with perplexity runes, you can’t really fight it either as a power build because you’ll get overloaded long before you do anything meaningful.

Meanwhile in power and zerker based specs I have to worry about protection, weakness, toughness, that hampers my damage. New boon sounds like a good starting to counter some of the overload and a damaging condition spam(seriously long durations of torment and 3 other damaging conditions really suck when you don’t have any more condition removal). Just like protection it’ll be timed for it’s use and not permanent. I don’t get why people are against this.

Vitality is not a stat that counters conditions since it effects direct damage too. So it’s not like Toughness is to Direct damage, as Vitality is to Condition damage. It does not work like that. The only real softner there is to conditions are -condition duration, but that’s a scarce stat.

Another offender to account for here…in wvw is condi food, +40% duration is way out of line atm, though so is – condi duriation food. They would need to be nerfed to either 15%, or 20% total.

Idea for PvE players that want condi specs to be good there. After reaching a the stack cap or application cap, anything max stack does direct damage. This would be a PvE only change.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast