New combo field: earth

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

This has been posted before but if any devs are looking I’ll just post it again, and hope that it will be implanted in the game:

Blast: protection – 4 seconds
Leap: magnetic aura – 4 seconds
Whirl: immobilizing or crippling bolts – 1 second
Projectile: cripple – 3 seconds

I’m not sure what the exact duration of the effects should be but what I said above should be fine I think.

Skills that come to mind:
The ranger muddy terrain skill
The ele Ring of earth
The ele earthquake skill
Ele earth staff skill 4 (forgot name)
Some other that I probably forgot

Should this be implants in the game? Aye or nah?

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Ele and Ranger don’t need any more protection. Ele has a bit too much as it is.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

Aye, combo with magnetic aura/protection would be nice.
4s protection on blast is a good number, as protection is not as strong as retaliation.
Immobilize on whirl would be too strong, I think. Weakness or cripple is the way to go. But those maybe for 2s or more as they don’t deal damage.

The skills I would suggest to use this combo field:
Eles (Unsteady Ground and Ring of Earth)
Rangers (Muddy Terrain and Spike Trap)
Nercro (Grasping Dead)
Ingi (Glue Shot)
Warrior (Hammer Shock)
Guardian (Symbol of Protection / instead of the light field)
Mesmer (Mind Stab)

Ele Earthquake is a blast finisher and also the amount of direct damage it does, doesn’t fit a combo field.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

4s Protection on Blast sounds interesting. It’d basically cut all damage received in WvW and PvE by 33%, replace interesting with “ludicrous” in the previous sentence.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Oak da Vite.9054

Combo fields are not about having it, but giving it to others. Thats why combo fields are often given to classes that already have a good amount of it.
Also rangers wouldn’t use their 1 1/2 blast finishers for protection and ele has enough protection that he doesn’t need to blast this field for himself.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

in Profession Balance

Oak da Vite.9054

4s Protection on Blast sounds interesting. It’d basically cut all damage received in WvW and PvE by 33%, replace interesting with “ludicrous” in the previous sentence.

Loosing blasts for water, fire, ice or ethereal fields… You will not get the protection on top but instead of other boons/effects which for you have used the blasts before.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

The blast finisher would be way to strong, maybe reduce it to 2 seconds.

Immobilize would also be a bit to strong for whirl and projectile effects.

Maybe a 1 second for projectiles & 2 for whirl bolts.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Combo fields are not about having it, but giving it to others. Thats why combo fields are often given to classes that already have a good amount of it.
Also rangers wouldn’t use their 1 1/2 blast finishers for protection and ele has enough protection that he doesn’t need to blast this field for himself.

True, though you have to admit that elementalists already have more then enough protection uptime.

The only build that can apply more is a hammer guardian and they sacrifice ranged combat, mobility etc.. for it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Well it certainly makes sense, otherwise it is weird having fire water and lighting, but no Earth.

Would require balance tweaking on the relevant classes, but I think it certainly would be a good thing to introduce.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Forget cripple,bleeding bolts YAY!!!!

On a serious note we need earth fields.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Eles don’t need more combo fields. Furthermore, that protection duration would need to be 2 seconds or else zergs could get like 40 seconds of protection before a fight. Not too mention eles would have perma protection even easier. I’m not against an earth field, but eles don’t need any buffs right now as they are extraordinarily strong in every game mode.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

if i were going to change anything about how fields work it would be to buff whirl finishers across the board (currently really not worth using).

downed state is bad for PVP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s better to necro the old thread than making a new one.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Oh yeah that’s another problem:
As you mention in the top post, this would be another field which is primarily provided by Elementalists. I like relying on a specific class for a specific type of field actually, but this means the other classes need something similar. In other words I’d rather have a new field which mostly goes to a non-ele class.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Yes please more utility to an already over represented profession.
Could we please provide a combo field to each ele skill …or a blast finisher.
Ele desesperately need some more.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Ele’s HP scaling is horrible by default, they have to work to keep alive instead of spamming lots of blocks, blinks, stealths, illusions, etc. Eles are SOOO OP, please nerf, too many boons! Q.Q

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Nay.
Protection and projectile reflection are way too powerful to be thrown around like this.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

since we already have:

fire field
ice field
lightning field

yeah we need an earth field!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

we need smoke field on warrior so they can be rambo like with longbow and rifle(hasted volley ak47) out of no where.

. . .

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Earth fields don’t make sense. How does jumping through mud give you an aura of anything but grimeiness? Of shooting through a line of rocks on the ground do anything but force you to miss?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Earth fields don’t make sense. How does jumping through mud give you an aura of anything but grimeiness? Of shooting through a line of rocks on the ground do anything but force you to miss?

To be honest, a lot of things don’t make sense in this game. I mean, where’s the logic of not only setting yourself and your team on fire with a fire field but then adding to the hurt by blowing up a ball of napalm on yourself as well?

And, what is a light field exactly?

And you already have mud field that does stuff. A thief’s stolen Gunk creates a field. Given that this thing is …well, gunk, I would imagine it does exactly what you just discribed.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

hehehe i remember posting this ages ago, nice to see some people like it

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Profession Balance

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

And you already have mud field that does stuff. A thief’s stolen Gunk creates a field. Given that this thing is …well, gunk, I would imagine it does exactly what you just discribed.

The impression I get is that it’s magical gunk. Now, admittedly, earth manipulated by an earth skill becomes magical, but not chaos magic like the gunk creates.

Personally, I see two problems with the idea of earth fields:

First it’s, well, earth. Maybe it’s earth that’s doing something funky, but why would hitting, say, a Muddy Terrain have more of an effect than hitting ordinary mud, or even just plain ordinary topsoil that you walk on all the time?

Second, it seems to be the general trend with the elementalist that while other elements provide them with fields, it’s earth that provides the finishers. Fire scepter is an exception, of course, but otherwise the fields and finishers are mostly separated in this fashion.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Sayeth the Necro: “Combo field? What’s a combo?”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

The impression I get is that it’s magical gunk. Now, admittedly, earth manipulated by an earth skill becomes magical, but not chaos magic like the gunk creates.

Personally, I see two problems with the idea of earth fields:

First it’s, well, earth. Maybe it’s earth that’s doing something funky, but why would hitting, say, a Muddy Terrain have more of an effect than hitting ordinary mud, or even just plain ordinary topsoil that you walk on all the time?

Second, it seems to be the general trend with the elementalist that while other elements provide them with fields, it’s earth that provides the finishers. Fire scepter is an exception, of course, but otherwise the fields and finishers are mostly separated in this fashion.

It’s under the same logic of why can’t you just fire through normal ice in Frostgorge to achieve a ice finisher. I don’t know.