[PVX][warrior]pls buff Sword in power builds.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Anet,

I like to see sword being viable in power builds.
It shouldn’t be the same or even close to its damage of Axe because axe doesn’t have the leap, but for now sword is lacking allot of damage for power builds.

Since the change of final thrust from AA to skill #3 its AA lacks allot of damage.

Pls consider these changes:

AA: increase all 3 hits with a flat 12% damage increase on its raw damage.
Or increase only the last hit from AA for 35% because the last hit doesn’t apply bleeding also.
This is also because the damage multiplier for sword on power is very low (0,6)

Flurry: very good and allot of damage in condition builds, but lacks allot of damage in power builds, buff the raw damage for a 20%?

Final thrust: i get the 0,75 sec casttime so the opponent has time to react on this skill.
But for now its hard to land this skill below 50% health in that casstime, because its really a 1,25 sec casttime.
Pls make this a real 0,75 sec casstime.

With these changes i see sword being used more in power builds also.
Because most warriors are using it only for its leap or immob to land a burst with different weapon in power builds.

Thank you

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

Zero response shows how few warrior run this weapon in powerbuild.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

I think it rather shows how few people could fathom warrior being buffed even further.

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I think it rather shows how few people could fathom warrior being buffed even further.

That.

And besides warriors already have 4 melee weapons which are purely for physical damage. Thats more melee weapons than most classes have at all.. I am not entirely sure why you need another one buffed up.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

+1

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

That.

And besides warriors already have 4 melee weapons which are purely for physical damage. Thats more melee weapons than most classes have at all.. I am not entirely sure why you need another one buffed up.

Well because i like sword
But its not that good in powerbuilds.

So we are kinda forced to get axe or gs.
Ofc sword will never do the same damage and thats OK but atleast make ot viable for powerbuild also.
Its a small and easy change for Anet.

And the more weapons we have that are viable the more builds we can make. Issnt that what everyone wants?

Its not that i ask for totally redesign of the weapon, just a small buff on its raw damage

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

+1

Iam not buffing warrior further because this weapon been used by almost zero warriors in powerbuilds.
if they do it just for the leap or immob in wvw.

so this doesnt affect the warrior metabuilds.
maby with this people start to try this and we see less metabuilds.

win win

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

I agree with topic creator here. I find this blind hatred for the “OP class” frankly ridiculous, it is a specific combination of things that make it strong, and power sword is not one of those things. More warriors running sword is less warriors running hambow, for example.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

The issue with the main hand sword to me is that it is not quite 100% sure what it wants to be. The auto attack chain is a delight for condition damage, as is the f1. It is also great at holding people down (which is also condition but duration so moot). However, the final thrust feels very power based. I would rather see it go the other way actually, and making number 3 more conditiony.
I personally think the condition route is better simply because it expands the options for warrior. Do you really needs another power based weapon at the cost of one of the few condition based ones of the warrior?

The reasoning behind its current state is from the sword in gw1, so I don’t think changes are very likely either way.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

+1

Iam not buffing warrior further because this weapon been used by almost zero warriors in powerbuilds.

win win

Almost zero warriors, aside from every single wvw warrior.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Not every one, but a lot for sure. Sword main hand is fine. And changing offhand would hurt condition builds.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

Not every one, but a lot for sure. Sword main hand is fine. And changing offhand would hurt condition builds.

Sorry but i am only talking about mainhand

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

+1

win win

Thats what i also say. But thats just for 1 reason> leap. Wvw warriors dont use this for doing damage.

And gs warriors use sword also for leap but mainly immob to switch back to gs for 100b

As you see in both setups the sword issnt used as a weapon, just for 1 or 2 skills and thats all.

And those are almost 90% of all warriors that do run sword.

in Profession Balance

Cygnus.6903

That’s what I figured, just stated in case of.

But I must respectfully disagree with you, I believe sword is fine for power builds. The added bleeding damage, even with no condition damage, is a good bonus. You can get a cheap trait in Arms to increase the duration by 50%. And if you go 25 into Arms, you get a full 10% damage increase against bleeding targets, a trait that fits sword very well.

Apart from this, sword is IMO intended to be used in a hybrid build. Even that is somewhat viable. And having certain weapons being viable for certain specs is how it should be. You won’t see anybody (in their right mind) use a greatsword in a full condition spec.

Edit: I do use sword for damage in WvW. In between bursts, sword is a fine weapon to lay down some sustained DPS. And if you’re fighting an opponent with high mobility or stealth, at least the bleeds continue doing some damage.
Shield 4 + Final Thrust can also quickly end a fight.

(edited by Cygnus.6903)

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

That’s what I figured, just stated in case of.

But I must respectfully disagree with you, I believe sword is fine for power builds. The added bleeding damage, even with no condition damage, is a good bonus. You can get a cheap trait in Arms to increase the duration by 50%. And if you go 25 into Arms, you get a full 10% damage increase against bleeding targets, a trait that fits sword very well.

Apart from this, sword is IMO intended to be used in a hybrid build. Even that is somewhat viable. And having certain weapons being viable for certain specs is how it should be. You won’t see anybody (in their right mind) use a greatsword in a full condition spec.

Edit: I do use sword for damage in WvW. In between bursts, sword is a fine weapon to lay down some sustained DPS. And if you’re fighting an opponent with high mobility or stealth, at least the bleeds continue doing some damage.
Shield 4 + Final Thrust can also quickly end a fight.

Well in general i would say the same indeed.
i use both traits your talking about just for the extra.

But now i run this for a long time but i see more classes that counter its damage very easy. If the class is kinda bunkerstyle you wouldnt do enough pressure with sword. And pressure is a huge part of a duel/fight. Without that your forced to leap away

but thats just my opinion on sword. On paper it looks nice. But in practice you would see it issnt the same.

my suggestion issnt making sword doing same damage as axe, just a tiny buff tho give it some pressure that it need.
but thats what i think after playing this weapon for almost a year now.

I do agree the weapon is in a good place with these traits. But it doesnt feel enough

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

in Profession Balance

Cygnus.6903

But now I run this for a long time but i see more classes that counter its damage very easy. If the class is kinda bunkerstyle you wouldnt do enough pressure with sword. And pressure is a huge part of a duel/fight. Without that your forced to leap away

That’s the thing, you don’t take sword because it is the best burst weapon we have; it isn’t. Obviously you need to balance the weapon sets you choose, and you always sacrifice something. If your sword is not downing people, then you need a secondary weapon set that does that, either by itself or in combination with sword.

You say pressure is a huge part of a fight, I agree. But when you’re losing a fight, either because of your own faults/opponent’s superiority or because your opponent got help, sword allows you to escape, whereas, for instance, axe does not. IMO, buffing sword would interfere with this balance.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

My opinions are based on allot of duels in wvw and pvp.
Ofc skills is needed, and i am far from the most skilled player. But i can see if someone wins from skill or wins because i cant do enough pressure.
If the last is the problem its more a weapon problem and not my skills. Thats why i posted this.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

But now I run this for a long time but i see more classes that counter its damage very easy. If the class is kinda bunkerstyle you wouldnt do enough pressure with sword. And pressure is a huge part of a duel/fight. Without that your forced to leap away

That’s the thing, you don’t take sword because it is the best burst weapon we have; it isn’t. Obviously you need to balance the weapon sets you choose, and you always sacrifice something. If your sword is not downing people, then you need a secondary weapon set that does that, either by itself or in combination with sword.

You say pressure is a huge part of a fight, I agree. But when you’re losing a fight, either because of your own faults/opponent’s superiority or because your opponent got help, sword allows you to escape, whereas, for instance, axe does not. IMO, buffing sword would interfere with this balance.

i agree that if sword gets more damage it could be way better compared to lets say axe.
so my % is just an indication, ofc i lett anet decide how much it should be.

Because i try to get the most out of sword be mostly it doesnt feel enough.
i hope anet feels the sameway :p atleast i can try..

But i do thank you for the contructive feedback and sorry about my bad english

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

It would be nice to see more viable sword mh builds

One way would be to buff off-hand axe, which would indirectly buff mh sword (the weapons having good synergy).

It’s also a tad more demanding than axe/sword or axe/mace builds (no more spamming 1!)

Phaatonn, London UK

in Profession Balance

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Following your trail of thought, let’s buff necro’s scepter to be useful in power builds, too.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stievie.6128

Stievie.6128

how does buffing sword not affect condi warriors who run with carrion? nty
if i see another warrior buff im gonna quit this game for good, they are in such a godmode state atm and people still want buffs, unbelievable.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

how does buffing sword not affect condi warriors who run with carrion? nty
if i see another warrior buff im gonna quit this game for good, they are in such a godmode state atm and people still want buffs, unbelievable.

Buff to raw damage issnt really buffing a condi warrior.

Also you didnt read the rest here, because i ask for a buff on an Under used/ Up weapon in power builds.
by no way sword is godmode in those builds.

If i am talking about buffing hammer of longbow or condi yeah there your right. About this topic you wrong

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

Following your trail of thought, let’s buff necro’s scepter to be useful in power builds, too.

I cant tell about scepter for necro, but i dont think it helps to place that here

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Warriors already have a power 1handed weapon, the Axe.

We do not need another, just because you prefer swords thematically. Most other classes would KILL for the abilities on the Warrior sword. 1 alone can stack up to 10-11 bleeds with proper traits and foods.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

We do not need another, just because you prefer swords thematically. Most other classes would KILL for the abilities on the Warrior sword. 1 alone can stack up to 10-11 bleeds with proper traits and foods.

Well i dont think this is helpful or productive feedback.

Yes we have axe. But i like sword more so i want this weapon to be viable.

Dunno why you post something like this. Because does it hurts your build if sword is also viable in power builds?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Sword is extremly good for condition builds. If you buff it for power users you automatically buff it for condition builds too. So no, sword does not need buffs.

I command you to be AWESOME.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Not every weapon is meant to work for every spec. Now that said, Sword already works fine in a power role the way it is. Certainly better than hybrid weapons for other classes do.

If you were going to focus any attention on this weapon, the only improvement needed is on Sword #3. A faster activation time and/or a shorter cooldown and this weapon will be quite powerful for a hybrid weapon.

Off hand is fine, if not overpowered.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

Anet,

I like to see sword being viable in power builds.
It shouldn’t be the same or even close to its damage of Axe because axe doesn’t have the leap, but for now sword is lacking allot of damage for power builds.

Since the change of final thrust from AA to skill #3 its AA lacks allot of damage.

Pls consider these changes:

AA: increase all 3 hits with a flat 12% damage increase on its raw damage.
Or increase only the last hit from AA for 35% because the last hit doesn’t apply bleeding also.
This is also because the damage multiplier for sword on power is very low (0,6)

Flurry: very good and allot of damage in condition builds, but lacks allot of damage in power builds, buff the raw damage for a 20%?

Final thrust: i get the 0,75 sec casttime so the opponent has time to react on this skill.
But for now its hard to land this skill below 50% health in that casstime, because its really a 1,25 sec casttime.
Pls make this a real 0,75 sec casstime.

With these changes i see sword being used more in power builds also.
Because most warriors are using it only for its leap or immob to land a burst with different weapon in power builds.

Thank you

This has to be a joke… You want to buff warriors???! Lol really?

(edited by Paulie.6215)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Dunno why you post something like this. Because does it hurts your build if sword is also viable in power builds?

Because if they buffed the power on sword, they would have to reduce or remove the condition.

You cannot have both, this is a very very simple concept.

If Sword was geared for both power and condition, it would either be worthless to both, or completely overpowered.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

Sword is extremly good for condition builds. If you buff it for power users you automatically buff it for condition builds too. So no, sword does not need buffs.

Lets say 10% on raw hit thats like 50 damage that can crit around 120-130. So its lets say 125 damage more in power builds

in condi withou critdamage they mostly have less power ofc also its more like 30 raw damage that if its crits (150%) thats a total of kitten condi warrior does 45 damage more on sword hit. Not really a buff for them if you ask me

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

Because if they buffed the power on sword, they would have to reduce or remove the condition.

If Sword was geared for both power and condition, it would either be worthless to both, or completely overpowered.

True but the last hit from sword AA doesnt add bleeding.. Before the final thrust change we did had a solid AA for power builds.

With that being moved to a 15sec cooldown skill below 50%health we are left with a much weaker AA for power builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

True but the last hit from sword AA doesnt add bleeding.. Before the final thrust change we did had a solid AA for power builds.

With that being moved to a 15sec cooldown skill below 50%health we are left with a much weaker AA for power builds

Maybe start using your skills instead of autoattacking everything to death with your easymode class.

I command you to be AWESOME.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

Lets say 10% on raw hit thats like 50 damage that can crit around 120-130. So its lets say 125 damage more in power builds

in condi withou critdamage they mostly have less power ofc also its more like 30 raw damage that if its crits (150%) thats a total of kitten condi warrior does 45 damage more on sword hit. Not really a buff for them if you ask me

Ow btw i dont do the math, thatd up to anet.
but if it turns to be a buff for condi why not bring up the raw damage and remove 1sec of its bleeding duration? Or something like that making it the same for condi builds but still a buff for power

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

Maybe start using your skills instead of autoattacking everything to death with your easymode class.

Ofc i do that, but we where talkimg about its AA fpr the moment.

But thanx for the tip

in Profession Balance

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Zero response shows how few warrior run this weapon in powerbuild.

i run it in power build and sword main hand is fine like it is.

flurry is a good setup for bursts with its immob. aa is good source of cripple. if i would like the same dmg output like axe, well i would use axe. not hitting with nr3 is a l2p thing.

sword mainhand is a support+spike weapon for powerbuilds. we dont need another copy of axe.