[PvP] Free the Ele from awful traits

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

Their still exists traits that are objectively skritt at what they try to do, no class should have to suffer a lack of options due to bad designs

• Elemental Attunement
    Move the current boons to other skritty traits, add might to Lava Tomb, add swiftness to Soothing Winds, add protection to Obsidian Focus, regeneration to Arcane Abatement
    Change its current effect to create an attack when you switch to a certain element
    Fire would trigger Fire Grab, Water trigger frozen ground with untraited AoE, Air Gust, Earth trigger Dust Devil.

Splitting up the effects incentives the use of bad traits and reduces reliance on the arcana tree. The changes to the current effect would also work like kit refinement on the engi.

• Conjurer
    Also add an effect that gives 5 extra charges when you switch to the respective conjures element while wielding it. Make auto attacks not count as charges

This allows the ele to field weapons more often in a more active way

• Water Arrow, change the heal area to be around the caster not the target
  • Crippling Shield, make it count as a projectile finisher
  • Deep Freeze, remove the self rooting and change its targeting from target to directional targeting like whirlwind attack

It is no longer as accurate but you can still hit the enemy even when they are stealth if you aim right

• Fiery Eruption, make it remove a boon
  • Fiery Rush, make it daze 1s if hit on the side or back
  • Signet of Fire, change the active to 2s of quickness
  • Glyph of Elemental Power, change it so that reduces attunement cooldowns by x%
  • Glyph of Lesser Elementals, change the summon when you switch attunements but the new summon has the same health as the one you swapped from when you swapped from it
  • Glyph of Storms, make it stun like Static Field if an enemy exits
  • Water Trident, make it also transfer 1 condition
  • Persisting Flames
    Change effect so that it grants stability when blast or leap finishers are triggered on your fire fields

This allows dmg focused ele’s a way to contest points and support allies, making 30 in fire not a joke

• Blinding Ashes
    Change effect so that when one of your fire fields expires a 4s smoke field is left in its place

This allows the fire ele to defend themselves without relying on earth or water traits. It also allows them to stealth themselves and others

• Flame Barrier
    Allow it to trigger in all attunements
  • One With the Fire, Make flame barrier guaranteed but only once every 10s
  • Sunspot
    Change it to daze 0.5s in 300 AoE

Strengthens new air GM trait

• Fire’s Embrace
    Change effect to grant 3s protection when Flame Barrier triggers or when flame shield is activated, cooldown 9s
  • Tempest Defense
    Change effect to cast updraft whenever you take more than x% of max health damage in less than 2s, cooldown 6s
  • Serrated Stones
    Change effect to bleed an attacker when they critically hit you

The toughness from this tree allows you to survive critical hits and the condition damage strengthens the counterattack

• Stone Splinters
    Change effect to grant bonus damage per bleed stack
  • Strength of Stone
    Change effect to grant projectile reflection for 3s when you take more than x% of max health in damage in 1.5s, cooldown 15s
  • Enduring Damage
    Change effect to grant x% of condition duration reduction per % of missing health
  • Diamond Skin
    Change effect transfer a condition is stacked on you 3 times or more in 8s
  • Arcane Retribution
    Change effect to grant arcane power when you break stun cooldown50s
  • Evasive Arcana
    Change fire effect to Dragon’s Tooth, water to Frozen burst
There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

(edited by Super Riceman.8702)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Honestly I think Elementalists need a baseline trait-setup change.

The whole idea of having a class who’s class mechanic is to swap traits, but then have four out of five traitlines be about specializing into a specific stance… just not a good underlying setup.

Rather, the five lines should be about five different concepts. Offence, Debuffing, Buffing, Defence, Swapping.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Super Riceman.8702

Honestly I think Elementalists need a baseline trait-setup change.

The whole idea of having a class who’s class mechanic is to swap traits, but then have four out of five traitlines be about specializing into a specific stance… just not a good underlying setup.

Rather, the five lines should be about five different concepts. Offence, Debuffing, Buffing, Defence, Swapping.

I dont think it requires that drastic of a change, Fire Air and Earth just need better traits/existing ones fixed

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Frankly your changes make the vast majority of traits much worse, so no. Especially the “when critically hit” or even worse “take x damage from 2 or more enemies in 1s”, which pretty much make any trait automatically trash.
Seriously, as an example, the arcane retribution change. You doubled the CD, and made it so it would just pretty much never proc. Doesn’t sound like you’re getting rid of any useless traits there.
You pretty much also made all of the traits you changed about five times more passive.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

I won’t bother commenting it all, but there are some very bad ideas here.

"
Strength of Stone
Change effect to grant projectile reflection for 3s when you take more than 3k damage in 1s from 2 or more different enemies, cooldown 15s
"
That will never proc and if it does it might be useless, why take it?

"
Enduring Damage
Change effect to grant 10% bonus damage when you have 4 or more conditions on you
"

Is there really any time at all when you will want 4 conditions on you? chances are among the 4 there will be burn or bleed, so probably not.

"
Diamond Skin
Change effect to grant bonus vitality and healing power per condition on you
"

What? like the rest it’s passive and doesn’t make sense but this one is awful. Let’s say you have conditions, you remove them, and then the lost of vitality could kill you..that’s preposterous.

" Evasive Arcana
Change fire effect to lava font, water to Frozen burst
"
You do realize most players love the EA effect in water?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

• Elemental Attunement
    Move the current boons to other skritty traits, add might to Lava Tomb, add swiftness to Soothing Winds, add protection to Obsidian Focus, regeneration to Arcane Abatement

No thanks. This would be a nerf to pretty much EVERY class, just in different ways. So this would be a a big no from me. So you want to make swiftness which is a VERY important boon connected to a trait that i dont think anyone even uses? In fact, i don’t use ANY of them traits. I don’t think you will find anyone that uses them all, you might get a few that uses Obsidian Focus but that is with ONE weapon (Scepter)

Change its current effect to create an attack when you switch to a certain element
Fire would trigger Fire Grab, Water trigger frozen ground with untraited AoE, Air Gust, Earth trigger Dust Devil.

You talking about the 15 point traits or Evasive Arcana? Which ever it is, it is another terrible idea that would do nothing but nerf the class. So again, this would be a big no from me.

• Conjurer
    Also add an effect that reduces the recharge of conjure weapons by 7 sec when you swap to fire attunement, cooldown 20 sec

Another pointless change. Most of the Conjure Skills are used for one specific attack and then dropped. Until they make Conjures VIABLE then no one will use them except in very specific situations which after using 1 skill they drop it it is rather pointless.

• Persisting Flames
    Change effect so that it grants stability when blast or leap finishers are triggered on your fire fields

In place of the Fury? No thanks. Most that take that trait is because of the Fury Why would you add a defence boon in a grandmaster slot in a damaging trait line?

• Blinding Ashes
    Change effect so that blind triggers when your flame fields dmg an enemy cooldown 2s, make it increase lava font cooldown to 10s

It would still be a rather poor trait so this wouldn’t really change much. In fact in the case of the Staff this would actually be a nerf. As it only has 2 fire fields and one of them you want to increase its cool down by like 60% and the other is on a 20second cool down…

• Flame Barrier

This i agree with, It is only 20% proc chance and in melee so i think it should affect all attunements. It could actually do with a buff, i would say combine “One With Fire” into the 5 point trait. Make it so that it is a 10% Increase every 5 seconds or make the base 50% chance and it having an increase of 10% every 10 seconds while in Fire. Make it so that you have to switch to Fire to keep the proc chance going as well or leave it and be happy with 50% chance

• Serrated Stones
    Change effect to bleed an attacker when they critically hit you

I agree that this trait is rather poor when other classes get 50% increased duration. I would rather have it increase Bleeding damage by 50% than for it to proc a bleed. Unless we are talking 3-5 stacks of bleeding, if not then it would be pointless. Another idea could be to increase Bleeding by 25% and 50% chance on hit to inflict 3 stacks of bleeding for 5 seconds on a 10 second cool down?

• Stone Splinters
    Change effect to grant bonus damage when you are vulnerable, crippled/chilled/immobilized

No thanks, this would be yet again another nerf.

• Strength of Stone
    Change effect to grant projectile reflection for 3s when you take more than 3k damage in 1s from 2 or more different enemies, cooldown 15s

No. No. No. As a condition build this would be a HUGE nerf to me and every other condition ele. Strength of Stone is fine the way it is. Plus that would like proc never.

• Enduring Damage
    Change effect to grant 10% bonus damage when you have 4 or more conditions on you

I would rather have a MUCH higher damage increase seeing as we want as few conditions on us to begin with, having the lowest health in the game and this triat do NOT go well together.

• Diamond Skin

An interesting Idea. What would be the % increase per a condition? Maybe, just maybe make it Celestial based in that it increases EVERY stat for each condition you have. That would be quite interesting. Of course it wouldn’t be able to be like 10% Per a condition but say a 5% increase per a condition would maybe stop classes just condition bombing and spamming from the start of a fight.

in Profession Balance

Super Riceman.8702

I won’t bother commenting it all, but there are some very bad ideas here.

[but you did comment]
"
Strength of Stone
"
That will never proc and if it does it might be useless, why take it?

[In a fight the ele is targeted as much as an anet employee is in these forums, projectile reflection is in fact not useless and the # of dmg to proc it (just like any other # here) could be changed]

"
Enduring Damage
"

Is there really any time at all when you will want 4 conditions on you? chances are among the 4 there will be burn or bleed, so probably not.

[There is never a time when you want conditions but it will be more frequent than having full endurance if your not traited to get it]

"
Diamond Skin
"

What? like the rest it’s passive and doesn’t make sense but this one is awful. Let’s say you have conditions, you remove them, and then the lost of vitality could kill you..that’s preposterous.

[It was already a passive trait, The healing power increases the heal before the health is lowered so depending on the #s of each you will still live, that isn’t preposterous at all if the right #s of each are given]

" Evasive Arcana
Change fire effect to lava font, water to Frozen burst
"
You do realize most players love the EA effect in water?

[It may not be as essential if the fire and air trait lines dont have to completely forgoe any survivability]

in Profession Balance

Super Riceman.8702

Frankly your changes make the vast majority of traits much worse, so no. Especially the “when critically hit” or even worse “take x damage from 2 or more enemies in 1s”, which pretty much make any trait automatically trash.
Seriously, as an example, the arcane retribution change. You doubled the CD, and made it so it would just pretty much never proc. Doesn’t sound like you’re getting rid of any useless traits there.
You pretty much also made all of the traits you changed about five times more passive.

I didn’t realize that 50s is double 45 seconds or that taking crits in a team fight is rarer than mr clean with hair
And its not like #dmg cant change

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

[but you did comment]

This is annoying as hell to read, gj. Do you know how to read? I said I wouldn’t comment it all.

[In a fight the ele is targeted as much as an anet employee is in these forums, projectile reflection is in fact not useless and the # of dmg to proc it (just like any other # here) could be changed]

Projectile reflection is not useless but 3s is a short time and the trait is passive and random. That’s why it is useless. You get focused by a thief or another ele or a mesmer or whatever, the chances that they use projectiles in that 3s time window are so low it’s laughable. And more than 3k from 1+ ennemies in 1s? Do you want passive gameplay in case you’re focused? Do you even like passive gameplay? I sure as hell don’t.

[There is never a time when you want conditions but it will be more frequent than having full endurance if your not traited to get it]

That would be nice if you didn’t need to dodge in pvp. Since you need to dodge, you’ll rarely see a build without either II in arcana or +50% endurance regeneration when using a scepter. Not to mention the possibility to use Sigil of Energy with any other sigil now…there’s room for timing your burst with that 25 minor. Hell, if you can manage to open someone and burst him, it’s working. If you know how to position yourself, you won’t be focused immediately and you may get some nice use out of the minor.

Now as I said, when you have 4 conditions (which is rather rare, hopefully) it’s likely there’ll be burn or stacks of bleed and you’ll want to remove that asap, not damage the ennemy. It’s just a very bad idea given the base hp of elementalist. Maybe on a warrior? even then, meh. Not to mention that having 4 conditions doesn’t rely upon you at all…that would be okay-ish for a necromancer trait I guess (their new GM + the signet that transfers conditions to the necro).

[It was already a passive trait, The healing power increases the heal before the health is lowered so depending on the #s of each you will still live, that isn’t preposterous at all if the right #s of each are given]

The healing power increases the heal, that sounds very nice and all but what about poison? and how would that work, you gain hp per condition on you? Past the initial tick you’ve gained nothing and your hp is going down anyway. That would be a terrible GM trait no one would use.

[It may not be as essential if the fire and air trait lines dont have to completely forgoe any survivability]

You didn’t offer anything for the air EA and again, water EA is amazing and truly needed for some squishy builds. Hell, it’s been nerfed by 50%. Do you really think ArenaNet would consider changing a trait that people are still running after it’s been nerfed to the ground?

in Profession Balance

Super Riceman.8702

• Elemental Attunement

No thanks. This would be a nerf to pretty much EVERY class, just in different ways. So this would be a a big no from me. So you want to make swiftness which is a VERY important boon connected to a trait that i dont think anyone even uses? In fact, i don’t use ANY of them traits. I don’t think you will find anyone that uses them all, you might get a few that uses Obsidian Focus but that is with ONE weapon (Scepter)

[The point of putting it on those traits is to give people reasons to use them, taking those traits would still grant the boon for switching attunements but the other function of the original trait is just a cherry on top]

You talking about the 15 point traits or Evasive Arcana? Which ever it is, it is another terrible idea that would do nothing but nerf the class. So again, this would be a big no from me.

[Its the 20pt trait which currently grants boons when switching attunements]

• Conjurer
    Also add an effect that reduces the recharge of conjure weapons by 7 sec when you swap to fire attunement, cooldown 20 sec

Another pointless change. Most of the Conjure Skills are used for one specific attack and then dropped. Until they make Conjures VIABLE then no one will use them except in very specific situations which after using 1 skill they drop it it is rather pointless.

[Thats considering it if only that was changed rather than if the other changes were there too

• Persisting Flames

In place of the Fury? No thanks. Most that take that trait is because of the Fury Why would you add a defence boon in a grandmaster slot in a damaging trait line?

[The point of adding defense to a offensive trait line is so that water/arcana is less necessary for people who just want damage, it also means dmg builds can still support somewhat]

• Flame Barrier

This i agree with, It is only 20% proc chance and in melee so i think it should affect all attunements. It could actually do with a buff, i would say combine “One With Fire” into the 5 point trait. Make it so that it is a 10% Increase every 5 seconds or make the base 50% chance and it having an increase of 10% every 10 seconds while in Fire. Make it so that you have to switch to Fire to keep the proc chance going as well or leave it and be happy with 50% chance

• Stone Splinters
    Change effect to grant bonus damage when you are vulnerable, crippled/chilled/immobilized

No thanks, this would be yet again another nerf.

[I agree that conditions may not be the right trigger, but changing it so it can trigger by something other than 600 range will make it better for scepter/focus and staff, the defensive traits would be less necessary if you dont have to be close]

• Strength of Stone

No. No. No. As a condition build this would be a HUGE nerf to me and every other condition ele. Strength of Stone is fine the way it is. Plus that would like proc never.

[taking dmg from multiple people is not as rare as a legendary weapon and the #dmg to trigger it could always change]

• Enduring Damage

I would rather have a MUCH higher damage increase seeing as we want as few conditions on us to begin with, having the lowest health in the game and this triat do NOT go well together.

[I think having conditions on you is a more frequent occurance than having full endurance, the # of conditions could change but it would more often give the ele bonus dmg than it does now]

in Profession Balance

Super Riceman.8702

Projectile reflection is not useless but 3s is a short time and the trait is passive and random. That’s why it is useless. You get focused by a thief or another ele or a mesmer or whatever, the chances that they use projectiles in that 3s time window are so low it’s laughable. And more than 3k from 1+ ennemies in 1s? Do you want passive gameplay in case you’re focused? Do you even like passive gameplay? I sure as hell don’t.

[Magnetic Aura provides 5s of reflection, two less is not useless. When your being focused there may be times where the main attacker or others utilize projectiles (engi is mostly projectiles) even mesmer has the pistol illusion that uses unload. Returning this damage is not useless and the dmg taken to trigger it may always change. You might even block ranged stun projectiles. Even if they open with a stun, its not like they’ll just stop using them later. And if you have an idea for a more active trait than you can share it, otherwise one more passive trait will not destroy the universe]

That would be nice if you didn’t need to dodge in pvp. Since you need to dodge, you’ll rarely see a build without either II in arcana or +50% endurance regeneration when using a scepter. Not to mention the possibility to use Sigil of Energy with any other sigil now…there’s room for timing your burst with that 25 minor. Hell, if you can manage to open someone and burst him, it’s working. If you know how to position yourself, you won’t be focused immediately and you may get some nice use out of the minor.

[You do need to dodge but the traits in other trees should be fixed so that arcana II or +50% endurance isn’t as necessary, and even if it isnt conditions, something else should be able to trigger the bonus so that endurance traits and buffs are less necessary. Plus if it remains condition triggered it could be something like triggering when the same condition is reapplied to you 2 or more times within x seconds. It would deter condition spamming.]

Now as I said, when you have 4 conditions (which is rather rare, hopefully) it’s likely there’ll be burn or stacks of bleed and you’ll want to remove that asap, not damage the ennemy. It’s just a very bad idea given the base hp of elementalist. Maybe on a warrior? even then, meh. Not to mention that having 4 conditions doesn’t rely upon you at all…that would be okay-ish for a necromancer trait I guess (their new GM + the signet that transfers conditions to the necro).

The healing power increases the heal, that sounds very nice and all but what about poison? and how would that work, you gain hp per condition on you? Past the initial tick you’ve gained nothing and your hp is going down anyway. That would be a terrible GM trait no one would use.

[You are speculating based on numbers you are thinking of in your head, I don’t know what the exact numbers have to be but there can be a balance to where you do gain health despite lost vitality]

You didn’t offer anything for the air EA and again, water EA is amazing and truly needed for some squishy builds. Hell, it’s been nerfed by 50%. Do you really think ArenaNet would consider changing a trait that people are still running after it’s been nerfed to the ground?

[Air is already a blind although it could be changed to a weaker version of Windborn Speed/Gust/Lightning Storm/Wind Blast or just create a lightning field. Water EA is good but if Air and Fire become good enough it may be less needed for squishy builds. And even if it is changed, frozen burst chills and functions as a blast finisher (same as Earth EA). A blast finisher over a combo field like water or lightning is not nothing.]

[/quote]

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

“Magnetic Aura provides 5s of reflection, two less is not useless.”

I stopped reading there. Magnetic Aura is a skill, you choose when you activate it. Of course it’s not useless. Your idea of a trait is RNG, lasts 3s, and you pray there are projectiles at that time. Good luck with your theorycrafting but I sure hope no dev ever reads your post because the whole deal is beyond terrible.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

almost all your changes are crap and irrational/no logic. well. not almost. all. dont listen him devs, he doesnt know what he is talking about.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

I didn’t realize that 50s is double 45 seconds or that taking crits in a team fight is rarer than mr clean with hair
And its not like #dmg cant change

You’re right actually, I misread the description.
Still, the trait is already weak enough already without a sort of silly proc chance. On the off chance that I am being focused enough to take three critical hits within two seconds and somehow survive, the last thing I would want is a guaranteed five critical hits, whereas the current proc, while still passive and mediocre, lets you get the effect at a point in time where you could actually use it, and even lets you have some degree of control over when you get it.
Making traits more passive on the class that is supposed to be the most active doesn’t make very much sense to me.

in Profession Balance

Super Riceman.8702

You’re right actually, I misread the description.
Still, the trait is already weak enough already without a sort of silly proc chance. On the off chance that I am being focused enough to take three critical hits within two seconds and somehow survive, the last thing I would want is a guaranteed five critical hits, whereas the current proc, while still passive and mediocre, lets you get the effect at a point in time where you could actually use it, and even lets you have some degree of control over when you get it.
Making traits more passive on the class that is supposed to be the most active doesn’t make very much sense to me.

Engi is more like the most active because it has so many alternate skills and the kits are the more effective version of conjures. If ele has to take that spot they need to change skills so the have secondary activations like the earth dagger immobilize or make conjures much better

The only other avenues I could see it trigger is on stun breaks or gale/ride the lightning

in Profession Balance

Super Riceman.8702

“Magnetic Aura provides 5s of reflection, two less is not useless.”

I stopped reading there. Magnetic Aura is a skill, you choose when you activate it. Of course it’s not useless. Your idea of a trait is RNG, lasts 3s, and you pray there are projectiles at that time. Good luck with your theorycrafting but I sure hope no dev ever reads your post because the whole deal is beyond terrible.

Its great that you judge entire post based on the part you want to stop on
Very brave to call someone else on their suggestions, if you think you know what is better than you can prove it by posting what you think it is.

If it triggers by ranged attacks (not melee) that its likely that the enemy is fighting at range using projectiles, even if they dont attack it can buy 3s to heal like ether. and its not a chance, if a requirement is met it always happens not 50 chance to happen.
Good luck with your insults but I hope no one ever reads anything you put on the internet because you dont have the balls to try and make a better suggestion

If you want to believe that Obsidian Focus, Soothing Winds or even Flame Barrier is made worse by this then I’ll just stop reading a post when I see its you

You could have put out your post with out being a kitten by saying something like (I think it would be better if it trigger on a skill like focus skills) However, you decided to insult me so you can think you won some battle. If you think putting down others will put you above them, you are lower than dirt.

in Profession Balance

Super Riceman.8702

almost all your changes are crap and irrational/no logic. well. not almost. all. dont listen him devs, he doesnt know what he is talking about.

I’d like to ask what about each individual change you don’t like but you’re probably so angry that you’ll just tell me I don’t know what i am talking about again and just leave it at that. It is very Irrational to call someone out on something and not even explain why, thats like pressing charges and saying its because reasons

If you think flame barrier is better only triggering in one attunement, I can’t see the logic in anything you are saying

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

Its great that you judge entire post based on the part you want to stop on, I hope no one ever listens to you because your Sean Hannity levels of insane

I can’t fathom the last part of your sentence. I don’t judge the entire post, it’s simply that it started with such an enormity that I couldn’t possibly answer the rest because I was laughing way too much to type.

Very brave to call someone else on their suggestions but your too much of coward to even put out your own, if you think you know what is better than you can prove it.

Why would I bother putting my own? devs hardly ever read this subforum and no wonder when it’s filled with threads like this one. Everybody knows there are worthless minors on every class, it’s nothing new. Some day ArenaNet may reredesign them but until then (if they even ask for feedback), we can but wait.

If it triggers by ranged attacks (not melee) that its likely that the enemy is fighting at range using projectiles, even if they dont attack it can buy 3s to heal like ether. and its not a chance, if a requirement is met it always happens not 50 chance to happen.
Good luck with your insults but I hope no one ever reads anything you put on the internet because you dont have the balls to try and make a better suggestion

You should try and read my posts : I didn’t insult you. Your knowledge of the class and/or game seem rather weak, though. Just the fact that you consider using a 3s random proc to use your heal (which would require the stars to align) speaks volumes in that regard : in case you don’t know, if you’re taking damage from 2 or more players, channeling ER is a bad idea since you’ll probably take more damage than ER will heal. Unless you’re being a wall but then no need for reflect…

EDIT : I just noticed you want it to proc only on ranged attacks. Aside from the fact that you didn’t specify that at first and that it would be annoying to implement (since there are no similar traits I can think of), do you think those two players wouldn’t have some close range non-projectile skills they could use in the meantime? unless you’re only fighting rifle engineers, that’s not happening. Even then, they would have some attacks that aren’t projectiles so yeah…

If you want to believe that Obsidian Focus, Soothing Winds or even Flame Barrier is made worse by this then I’ll just stop reading a post when I see its you

The only good idea you had was Flame Barrier, because you kept it simple. It seems that whenever you think too much about a trait, it has to become something that is extremely passive and/or useless. Maybe you enjoy that kind of gameplay, but I don’t.

You could have put out your post with out being a kitten by saying something like (I think it would be better if it trigger on a skill like focus skills) However, you decided to insult me so you can think you won some battle. If you think putting down others will put you above them, you are lower than dirt.

Again, I didn’t insult you. I just didn’t go through the trouble of answering it all as I considered it a waste of time because you obviously are very much new to ele. If you intend on answering this post, you should have the courtesy to present it like I just did so that one can answer back easily (your previous posts look absolutely disgusting, that’s another reason why I won’t read them, there is no way to tell where you’re quoting me and where you’re typing). I would also appreciate it if you stopped trying to defend those traits.

(edited by Uhtameit.2413)

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

I’d like to ask what about each individual change you don’t like but you’re probably so angry that you’ll just tell me I don’t know what i am talking about again and just leave it at that. It is very Irrational to call someone out on something and not even explain why, thats like pressing charges and saying its because reasons

If you think flame barrier is better only triggering in one attunement, I can’t see the logic in anything you are saying

He doesn’t look angry, he looks like he’s played the game.

in Profession Balance

Super Riceman.8702

Very brave to call someone else on their suggestions but your too much of coward to even put out your own, if you think you know what is better than you can prove it.

Why would I bother putting my own? devs hardly ever read this subforum and no wonder when it’s filled with threads like this one. Everybody knows there are worthless minors on every class, it’s nothing new. Some day ArenaNet may reredesign them but until then (if they even ask for feedback), we can but wait.

[The point of putting your own is so that you can see the change you want in the game, unless you want to keep worthless minors longer, they wont know what you want till you say it. If you wait for them to read your mind and keep getting dissapointed, you will die an old man

You should try and read my posts : I didn’t insult you. Your knowledge of the class and/or game seem rather weak, though. Just the fact that you consider using a 3s random proc to use your heal (which would require the stars to align) speaks volumes in that regard : in case you don’t know, if you’re taking damage from 2 or more players, channeling ER is a bad idea since you’ll probably take more damage than ER will heal. Unless you’re being a wall but then no need for reflect…

EDIT : I just noticed you want it to proc only on ranged attacks. Aside from the fact that you didn’t specify that at first and that it would be annoying to implement (since there are no similar traits I can think of), do you think those two players wouldn’t have some close range non-projectile skills they could use in the meantime? unless you’re only fighting rifle engineers, that’s not happening. Even then, they would have some attacks that aren’t projectiles so yeah…

[Its not proccing only on ranged attacks I meant in the situation that ranged attacks do enough damage, its not an alignment of the stars for ranged attacks to trigger it and in that case it would help, its not like there is a class with only melee skills, obviously it wont help as much in melee but reflection has never done anything to that. Not all attacks will be projectiles but it shouldn’t be a guardian elite on a 15s cooldown. ER might not always have enough time to get it off but it is atleast partially channeled and the ele has 3 other heal options]

The only good idea you had was Flame Barrier, because you kept it simple. It seems that whenever you think too much about a trait, it has to become something that is extremely passive and/or useless. Maybe you enjoy that kind of gameplay, but I don’t.

Again, I didn’t insult you. I just didn’t go through the trouble of answering it all as I considered it a waste of time because you obviously are very much new to ele. If you intend on answering this post, you should have the courtesy to present it like I just did so that one can answer back easily (your previous posts look absolutely disgusting, that’s another reason why I won’t read them, there is no way to tell where you’re quoting me and where you’re typing). I would also appreciate it if you stopped trying to defend those traits.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

[The point of putting your own is so that you can see the change you want in the game, unless you want to keep worthless minors longer, they wont know what you want till you say it. If you wait for them to read your mind and keep getting dissapointed, you will die an old man.]

They probably won’t know even if I tell them because they don’t read everything. Why, you may ask. It’s simple : a good part of those threads are made by clueless players.

Many people have asked for more survivability. They’ve given us one GM trait that is good for that purpose, reduced the CD of Earth Armor, and buffed Celestial amulet. They’re doing okay, I’m not disappointed but I have no doubt that you are. I have nothing against the idea of dying while being an old man, btw. If you wish to end your life, I suggest you get help. Trolololo.

[Its not proccing only on ranged attacks I meant in the situation that ranged attacks do enough damage, its not an alignment of the stars for ranged attacks to trigger it and in that case it would help, its not like there is a class with only melee skills, obviously it wont help as much in melee but reflection has never done anything to that. Not all attacks will be projectiles but it shouldn’t be a guardian elite on a 15s cooldown]

What you fail to consider is that if you have two people on you chances are one of them is not using ranged attacks. So you can still get damaged and interrupted…hence the trait is worthless. Let’s not get into why there are better traits because there is a lot to be said about that, too.

in Profession Balance

Super Riceman.8702

[The point of putting your own is so that you can see the change you want in the game, unless you want to keep worthless minors longer, they wont know what you want till you say it. If you wait for them to read your mind and keep getting dissapointed, you will die an old man.]

They probably won’t know even if I tell them because they don’t read everything. Why, you may ask. It’s simple : a good part of those threads are made by clueless players.

Many people have asked for more survivability. They’ve given us one GM trait that is good for that purpose, reduced the CD of Earth Armor, and buffed Celestial amulet. They’re doing okay, I’m not disappointed but I have no doubt that you are. I have nothing against the idea of dying while being an old man, btw.

People ask and they at least got something, If you never ask the answer will always be no. Words will always have a chance to do nothing, but doing nothing is a guarantee that you won’t get what you want. I will always be disappointed every patch that ignores things like Flame Barrier and Mortar.

[Its not proccing only on ranged attacks I meant in the situation that ranged attacks do enough damage, its not an alignment of the stars for ranged attacks to trigger it and in that case it would help, its not like there is a class with only melee skills, obviously it wont help as much in melee but reflection has never done anything to that. Not all attacks will be projectiles but it shouldn’t be a guardian elite on a 15s cooldown]

What you fail to consider is that if you have two people on you chances are one of them is not using ranged attacks. So you can still get damaged and interrupted…hence the trait is worthless. Let’s not get into why there are better traits because there is a lot to be said about that, too.

What you fail to consider even if one is melee, the other is ranged and your atleast potenially protected from half the battle.
I considered that one would be melee but few things should shield against both. Defense from 50% of the fight is not worthless even if it doesn’t protect against everything under the sun, One of them is being less effective and its not like you will suddenly lose control of your keyboard and be unable to fight back (even when stunned you can break out). It shouldn’t suddenly protect from everything like mist form if it isn’t as huge of a choice as a utility skill choice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

You’d be nerfing several good traits really hard, not to mention none of these changes make their target skills that much better. While, I’m all for making bad traits viable, I don’t want it to be like that. You should look into what is actually an “awful” trait. Evasive Arcana and Elemental Attunement are two very good ele traits and the crux of many builds. Nerfing these traits would be disastrous. I cannot see the reasoning behind many of these changes.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

I cannot see the reasoning behind many of these changes.

I strongly suggest not to look for one.