[PvX] Condibunkers will dominate next meta

in Profession Balance

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

Not much said on the live stream about condibunkers.

I suspect the new meta is going to be players hiding behind massive walls of passive defense and overloading others with mass condition bombs (I.E., engineer spam, necro, hambow).

Condition removal is a mess right now. Certain classes are “haves” and have huge amounts of passive removal and active defense (warrior rune of the soldier builds with zerker stance and cleansing ire).

Some classes are going to be shunned from the meta (ranger, what’s new. Can’t take effective condition defense without gimping yourself and empathic bond is being nerfed).

I feel like after this livestream, without addressing major issues and overhauling the condition system your getting rid of one extremely bad meta and replacing it with an even worse meta.

I don’t know how many people will stay around for condiwars for the next half year.

I think deeper thought needs to go into this.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

idk man. pin down and dhuumfire are getting nerfed, as are clone death spam mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

except hambow warriors aren’t condi bunkers.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Already got my condi bunker set for my warrior, because mixed power gear ain’t worth it anymore. And trust me, I got 2k+ hours of WvW roaming on my warrior. It is now going full zerker or tank/support. The last one doesn’t deal damage so condi bunker it is.

I am predicting A LOT of condi warriors roaming now.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Already got my condi bunker set for my warrior, because mixed power gear ain’t worth it anymore. And trust me, I got 2k+ hours of WvW roaming on my warrior. It is now going full zerker or tank/support. The last one doesn’t deal damage so condi bunker it is.

I am predicting A LOT of condi warriors roaming now.

of course, literally kill all builds sufficient enough to kill condi bunkers (engineers), and nerf them, while keeping condi spamming around. Yeah! rolls eyes Everyone is going to flock to a condi builds except guardians because guardians have no damaging conditions aside from burning. So now DPS speced guardians are getting kicked in the sack, along with VP nerf. I also really hope they tell us what they plan to do with Celestial’s lost crit damage :| It should be compensated for the time it takes to make a full set(1-2 months, one month for the armor, and however long it takes you to get celestial trinket, via drops, pristine relics, laruals.)

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Razor.9132

Razor.9132

Seeing how they’re leaving things mostly as they are in sPvP not much will change there overall. As far as PvE and WvW, things will stay exactly the same as they are, not sure where you got your idea from.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

S/S + Longbow wars are.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Sword+Sword/Bow was capable of an easy 25 stacks of bleed on top of 10s of immobilize on top burning, cripple, torment, and blind.

They were kinda cheesy, but probably the most fun I had playing a warrior.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Sword+Sword/Bow was capable of an easy 25 stacks of bleed on top of 10s of immobilize on top burning, cripple, torment, and blind.

They were kinda cheesy, but probably the most fun I had playing a warrior.

If you want to talk about cheesy, revisit the hammer warrior/ Mace Shield, Greatsword Warrior Meta that happened not to long ago. Might as well call every warrior build cheesy though if it becomes effective.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

Ranger’s aren’t being nerfed.

Despite Anet talking about Empathetic Bond, it’s always worked that way…If you killed the pet you removed condition removal for Rangers.

If anything, BM Bunker Rangers will be even more powerful after the patch cause of the on Swap Sigil Changes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

Despite Anet talking about Empathetic Bond, it’s always worked that way…If you killed the pet you removed condition removal for Rangers.

If anything, BM Bunker Rangers will be even more powerful after the patch cause of the on Swap Sigil Changes.

yeah because all the other classes dont get those sigil changes too. I guess a buff for everyone can technically be considered a buff to rangers. Using that thought process the zerker nerf is gonna make longbow rangers even less viable, cus a nerf for everyone is a nerf for rangers too.

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

(edited by Black Scoutsman.5830)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

um actually we are already in condi tank meta…. they just buffed it even more..indirectly lol

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

In pvp, where the condition meta exists, they have said zerker damage will not change. This is only impacting pve and wvw where you can get upwards of double crit damage as compared to pvp. That means it isn’t a buff to condition builds. Also, the common necromancer condition meta build is certainly not a bunker, and got nerfed. Engi condition bunkers and warrior condition bunkers are both strong though I agree.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Been using S/S/LB on Warrior and Pistol/Shield/Nade on engi forever.

I assume this is a totes sarcastic post though, if so 10/10.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

yeah because all the other classes dont get those sigil changes too. I guess a buff for everyone can technically be considered a buff to rangers. Using that thought process the zerker nerf is gonna make longbow rangers even less viable, cus a nerf for everyone is a nerf for rangers too.

Pretty much every other contender class has gotten nerfed this patch

Necro/Warrior/Engineer are all the classes that give Ranger a run for its money 1v1. The BM Bunker Ranger isn’t eating a nerf in comparison.

Also just adding something like the extra swap on a BM Ranger could be incredibly nasty, Esp with things like Chill. Those things start to add up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker