Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

PvX (Necro) Dumbfire Poll

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

5: First fix necro bugs and mechanics?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Necro has gotten quite a few bug fixes since release of the game.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: C Hanson.4056

C Hanson.4056

Biased question, biased answer choices, biased results. This is not the way to get the dev’s attention

twitch.tv/FearTheFenix
Necro roaming & sPvP

in Profession Balance

Brando.1374

Biased question, biased answer choices, biased results. This is not the way to get the dev’s attention

ok what would you recommend then?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Lets be honest here. Dozens of good suggestions were made to fix Dhuumfire since it was introduced, and none of them received any attention, as is evident by the change they made today. I don’t think they care much about the necromancer, apart from being a balance issue for other classes that needs nerfing.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: C Hanson.4056

C Hanson.4056

ok what would you recommend then?

Take the obvious bias out. wording makes all the difference in polls. example:

-One poll shows that 42% of people would not support an atheist president
-Another poll shows that 78% of people would not support a president that doesn’t believe in God.

(I made up those results btw, just an example)

edit:
I am in no way saying that I favor the dhuumfire changes.. because I don’t. But polling doesn’t mean anything unless it’s done correctly.

twitch.tv/FearTheFenix
Necro roaming & sPvP

(edited by C Hanson.4056)

in Profession Balance

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I do think we saw it coming though.. nerf all other traits utilities and skills of the necro because of Dhuumfire.. then nerf Dhuumfire and then nerf it some more.

“Necro the profession with reversed powercreep.” ~ LH

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

IMO they should just revert the Necro back to the day before Dhumbfire was added. Since Dhuumfire was added build diversity has been drastically reduced and so many things have been unnecessarily nerfed, traits, abilities, etc all things that would have never needed changing. It has done more harm to the class then good and I think it’s time the powers that be swallow their pride, admit fault to the bad design and get rid of it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Keep pve version as is. Make the new version PvP only. Necros don’t need a pve damage nerf, especially a condi damage nerf

in Profession Balance

Brando.1374

IMO they should just revert the Necro back to the day before Dhumbfire was added. Since Dhuumfire was added build diversity has been drastically reduced and so many things have been unnecessarily nerfed, traits, abilities, etc all things that would have never needed changing. It has done more harm to the class then good and I think it’s time the powers that be swallow their pride, admit fault to the bad design and get rid of it.

^ this x1000

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

^ this x1000

Agreed. Remove that foolishness, post-haste. Necro did just fine on condibombing without it, and that hasn’t changed. Drop the ‘fire, put Terror back up to spec, and go to town. Was running my Necro a few nights ago, and besides the usual “Necro Gets Bounced Like A Pinball” crap, he’s still a facewrecker. And, I’ve never traited Dhuumfire. I don’t feel it fits an “Underworld Mage” at all. Especially when Necros have Traits effecting Cold and Darkness. Fire? You’ve got to be joking.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

It’s a pretty silly situation.

- Lots of people calling for Dhuumfire nerfs.

- Necromancers themselves don’t even want it.

- The skill doesn’t fit with the lore – Dhuum was overthrown by Grenth. Necros use Grenth style skills like cold etc. It makes no sense for Necros to also use a Dhuum linked skill. It’s basically blasphemy!

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Removing dhuumfire seems the best option. Adding it was a bad idea and now that is has been already changed once and it is going to changed again, is more of a proof that it was.

Burning synergizes too well with condition burst (this applies to other professions, – I am looking at you engineer).

Style-wise I think fear, chill, bleeding etc. suit the necromancer much better than burning. Burning sounds something more what elementalists and engineers would do.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I dont really see what the difference would be if they changed it to a guarenteed burn on Lifeblast.
The big condition burst involves Deathshroud anyway, so now they need to weave in 1 Lifeblast and they get the same result?

Honestly i feel giving Necro’s Burning was a mistake.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

I dont really see what the difference would be if they changed it to a guarenteed burn on Lifeblast.
The big condition burst involves Deathshroud anyway, so now they need to weave in 1 Lifeblast and they get the same result?

Honestly i feel giving Necro’s Burning was a mistake.

Making things more complicated increases the chance of failure. Now instead of popping into DS using fear then torment you also need to lifeblast. This not only keeps you in DS longer but give your enemy more time to react to the combo. Once you blow your DS cooldowns you want to get out ASAP to save lifeforce for either another burst or for survival. Having to continuously pop into DS just to put on burning where before you could have it up continually just drops our survivability since DS is pretty much all of it. If it’s on cooldown and you need it, you die.

I fully agree that giving burning to necros was a mistake but they need a complete revert to undo the damage. Necros got nerfs based on having burning and now that it’s being moved and will be harder to use effectively they other nerfs are still present.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It’s caused such a horrid balance cluster kitten. Remove it.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Profession Balance

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

isnt this getting changed? last readyUp said they are moving dhuum to shroud and lifeBlast proc

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

isnt this getting changed? last readyUp said they are moving dhuum to shroud and lifeBlast proc

That just makes it worse. We now have a worse version of a trait that has essentially caused numerous other traits and skills to be nerfed. Plus, good Necro players will still proc the burn without a whole lot more trouble, only now it won’t be ever present, but a part of the Terror burst chain, since chaining a Life Blast after Dark Path +Terror isn’t terribly difficult. So in reality, while there will be a slight nerf in condition pressure, it won’t single-handedly undo the last 7ish months, and both Necromancers and their opponents will continue to be unsatisfied.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Profession Balance

Brando.1374

out of 105 votes so far 54% of the voters want this trait removed

in Profession Balance

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

anyone vote for option 5? ^^

tbh, the poll doesn’t really mean much without a proper work over of other skills in the profession to compensate..(broken record)

E.A.D.