[PvX][Necro] Life Stealing and Death Shroud

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Life steals should contribute to Life Force while in Death Shroud, and contribute to HP while out of death shroud.

Life stealing is suppose to be one of our major defensive mechanics along with death shroud. However the two don’t play nice with each other. While in death shroud any siphoning you do goes to waste, and reduces the value of siphoning in general. It’s definitely a class design problem when one defensive mechanic steps on the toes of the other.

Personally I think it should contribute the amount it heals for directly, not a percent. That way is easier to implement since DS hp has a numeric value attached to it now.

Lastly, I think siphons from gear should also work this way. Other classes get mechanics that sync closely with runes and sigils. I don’t see why we shouldn’t. Obviously runes of vampirism were made with us in mind. Sigils of Blood and Leeching also. Siphoning Power should also be able to work with these gear pieces.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

The right chance would be a GrandMaster trait allowing healings under DS.
Or a balanced combination, maybe a 100% of siphons and a 50% of other healings.
It would fit and make potentially competitive bunker builds and promote build variety.

The real point is Siphoning as it works now isn’t eally worth, it should need a smart rework; it doesn’t boost the Dps that much and gives some low sustain which works in Pve when you can stay after a target for prolonged time.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

In spvp I channeled hit a necro 11.5k. I then spike hit them for 7.1K. I then spike hit them again for 4.6K. This was all done in a period of 8-9 seconds. That’s 20K+ damage. It only removed their death shroud and left their red bar still full. I won’t complain too much about DS only refilling life force and life stealing refilling red bar. It is more a question of when one is more appropriate to use over the other. The idea of they both fuel each other would create no opportunity cost within the mechanic itself.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

In spvp I channeled hit a necro 11.5k. I then spike hit them for 7.1K. I then spike hit them again for 4.6K. This was all done in a period of 8-9 seconds. That’s 20K+ damage. It only removed their death shroud and left their red bar still full. I won’t complain too much about DS only refilling life force and life stealing refilling red bar. It is more a question of when one is more appropriate to use over the other. The idea of they both fuel each other would create no opportunity cost within the mechanic itself.

Why do you keep posting about how much you keep bursting Necros in DS?
It’s still an awful thing to do and you really should stop doing it. Besides which, damage overflows to HP so there is no way he had full HP unless you damaged him just the right amount.

PS – Stop bursting Necros in DS, it’s stupid.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

“sPVP” says it all.

Anyway, the point, we’re talking about a feature of ours (Siphoning) which hasn’t been developed properly, has no sinergy with the class and nobody is caring for it.
It’s not about giving healing under DS to Dhuumfire builds. So you can stop trembling.

That’s why I suggested to make it a GrandMaster trait.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

@CntrlAltDefeat
20k+ damage and he was at full hp? Sooo in sPvP the necro had at least 33k hp? If he casted Life transfer (why you didnt interrupt?), its still sound very very odd. Just sayin.

@OP
I would like to see some received heal, maybe even just with 50% effectiveness, but with our siphons the whole “i heal my self in fart mode to be the attritionestest” is … ehm … weird. Minion siphons would affect you really good, along with wells if you can pull of a good situation and the enemy dont kite / move out, but from Vampiric due to the slow hitting Life blast the heal would be meh. Traited life transfer would be awesome, but its on a long cooldown. And ofc it can be interrupted but its okay balance wise.

Or what if received heals in DS would increase your life force? This would be also with decreased effectiveness to avoid out tanking damage with glass cannon builds.

@Luke
I feel some party wide heal would be better in a similar way like guardians Battle Presence, though it would go against the necro selfish nature.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Its possible for a necro to have that much hp in spvp. At the cost of any real offensive punch. It requires barbarian trinket and vit runes AND 30 in blood. Trying to take down that guy is about as dumb as trying to take down a bunker guard on your own.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Totally forgot trait points …

Attachments:

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

The right chance would be a GrandMaster trait allowing healings under DS.
Or a balanced combination, maybe a 100% of siphons and a 50% of other healings.
It would fit and make potentially competitive bunker builds and promote build variety.

The real point is Siphoning as it works now isn’t eally worth, it should need a smart rework; it doesn’t boost the Dps that much and gives some low sustain which works in Pve when you can stay after a target for prolonged time.

So a necromancer has to trait to get something that every other class gets by default how fair is that? Necromancers should heal in death shroud no matter what build: every other class does when they use their defense.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

You’re all forgetting that necros take a -50% reduction on all sources of damage while in Death Shroud, which basically means that the number displayed on your lf bar is actually double. So a necro with no extra vitality or points in Soul Reaping has 22046 hit points in DS.

On topic:

Any form of healing should work without restrictions if you’re in DS. It’s quite ironic that the one class that has to rely on a lot of health as their defensive “mechanism” alone, not only has the worst healing of all classes but half of the time healing is completely wasted on them.

(edited by flow.6043)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Well attrition Minion master heals quite a lot per second so id not place them as a very poor healing class yet.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

I agree with flow.
We already lose access to our heal skill and any skill-based sources of regen in death shroud anyway. All the current system does is screw up existing regen, invalidate an entire trait line, and ruin allied attempts to help us.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Well attrition Minion master heals quite a lot per second so id not place them as a very poor healing class yet.

Not really. The health/second from Vampiric Master is only about 150. The Blood Fiend alone heals for twice this much with no traits.

That said, up to 450 health/second does provide some decent sustain. It’s still weaker than what other classes will usually have applying all the time (Warrior, Ranger, and with only a little work, Guardians) in their attrition builds, plus those other classes have numerous blocks, invulnerabilities, or evades to compliment them. Plus, blinds on the minions, blocks, evades, and even simple kiting drastically reduces the necro’s sustain as it relies on the minions hitting.

Allowing siphoning through death shroud would make a bunker MM necro much harder to kill, but that’s kind of the point: the necro is supposed to be the master of attrition. They can almost keep up to other bunker builds as-is, but unlike the others, their sustain already has direct counterplay and can be negated entirely by smart players.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver