RIP Warrior Class

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

The Adrenaline changes killed this profession. Was fighting a thief he blinked away. Lost all adrenaline, then got rekt.

ANET you just killed your own game. Whoever Okayed these changes should be fired. And your whole balance testing team should be as well.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Killed? Hardly. You are simply a mere mortal now, like the rest of us.

ANET you just did a great justice with the game. Whoever Okayed these changes should be given a bonus. And your whole balance testing team should as well.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: AnonMD.7263

AnonMD.7263

If you lost once you lost all your Adrenaline and the fight got reset, how’d you manage to not get rekt while building it up in the first place?

EDIT: And don’t Thieves kinda hardcounter Warriors? Isn’t that like, their job?

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Warlord.9074

If you lost once you lost all your Adrenaline and the fight got reset, how’d you manage to not get rekt while building it up in the first place?

No. If you get one pushed your bad. Yah all you have to do now is reset the fight and GG you beat a warrior.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

AnonMD.7263

No. If you get one pushed your bad. Yah all you have to do now is reset the fight and GG you beat a warrior.

Still doesn’t explain my question.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Warlord.9074

If you dont get it, than no one can explain it to you.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

cooldowns.

If his utilities were used to stay alive and he exhausted them, a reset would render him a sitting duck.

Thieves can pretty much hard reset fights by pulling away as soon as adrene is full. once it’s insta-decayed, pop back in while utils are on cooldown and warrior is easy bag.

who has passive play now?

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Well then, care to explain your perspective to the rest of us? Are you acknowledging that the adrenaline issue was so over powered previously that the change now causes you to be so under powered?

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

AnonMD.7263

Well, then what are you saying “No.” to? The edit or the original statement? I assume the latter, but then the next line really stumps me. “If you get one pushed your bad.” W-what?! What do you even mean by getting one pushed? I get the last bit, it’s got about the same message as the opener, but still, explain to me how you didn’t get destroyed when you entered the fight? Endure Pain? What’s your build?

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Warrior needs more nerfs, they’re still the most overpowered class in the game, but this is a step in the right direction. GJ Anet. BTW if anyone thinks Im a noob because of that statement please duel me for gold.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Azure The Heartless.3261

See my above post.

to a thief that can understand audio cues, zerker stance is useless. reset as soon as warr pops it = sitting duck.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

RIP warrior time to QQ about necros or eles now

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Azure The Heartless.3261

RIP warrior time to QQ about necros or eles now

This. So much this.

And Thieves.

And Engies.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

AnonMD.7263

Okay, so nerfs to Necro. Obviously, less condis. Which leaves them with a now nerfed elite skill with also nerfed(?) damage on said skill, and about…. 2 builds that can actually do anything?

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Azure The Heartless.3261

Okay, so nerfs to Necro. Obviously, less condis. Which leaves them with a now nerfed elite skill with also nerfed(?) damage on said skill, and about…. 2 builds that can actually do anything?

sounds about right, 1 more than [insert longbow here].

Make it happen.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

AnonMD.7263

Lemme just…

Can we talk about the new Brawler’s Recovery? Kitten seems cash, yo.

And also, have you guys heard that there’s gonna be some sigil that removes condis on weapon swap? That’s also pretty awesome sounding.

So nobody wants to talk about these tidbits, eh? Lets look at that list of builds that warriors have a good bit of difficulty with…

Condi and power thief
Condi and power mesmer
Condi engineer
Condi Necro
Condi Ranger
DPS/Meditation Guardian
D/D Ele

Alright, so you’ve got issues with condis. Got it.

First Step: Stop using Healing Signet.

Second Step: Use Healing Surge, as it hits several birds with one stone if you’ve got Cleansing Ire still.

Third Step: Take Signet of Rage

Fourth Step: Grab Brawler’s Recovery and that new sigil I mentioned on both weapons.

With this, you build up to a burst quickly, pop it, swap weapons, heal if wanted, burst again, build a little adrenaline, change once the sigil is off cd then rinse repeat, adding in whatever weapons or utilities you want.

tldr; Warriors are condi rubber, you’re the training dummy. What you throw on them bounces off and look here comes another burst.

That sums up my feelings. Necros did get nerfed. Condi’s got nerfed.

(edited by AnonMD.7263)

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Azure The Heartless.3261

Lemme just…

And also, have you guys heard that there’s gonna be some sigil that removes condis on weapon swap? That’s also pretty awesome sounding.

So nobody wants to talk about these tidbits, eh? Lets look at that list of builds that warriors have a good bit of difficulty with…

Condi and power thief
Condi and power mesmer
Condi engineer
Condi Necro
Condi Ranger
DPS/Meditation Guardian
D/D Ele

Second Step: Use Healing Surge, as it hits several birds with one stone if you’ve got Cleansing Ire still.

Fourth Step: Grab Brawler’s Recovery and that new sigil I mentioned on both weapons.

With this, you build up to a burst quickly, pop it, swap weapons, heal if wanted, burst again, build a little adrenaline, change once the sigil is off cd then rinse repeat, adding in whatever weapons or utilities you want.

tldr; Warriors are condi rubber, you’re the training dummy. What you throw on them bounces off and look here comes another burst.

[I agree with you, I am just pretending to be drunk on the power that comes with being an “underdog” class.]

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

AnonMD.7263

Lemme just…

Condi and power thief
Condi and power mesmer
Condi engineer
Condi Necro
Condi Ranger
DPS/Meditation Guardian
D/D Ele

[I agree with you, I am just pretending to be drunk on the power that comes with being an “underdog” class.]

[I feel you man. Maining Necro is fun cuz you can complain about everything if you don’t go condi.]

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Standing on a point with my war, thief comes up… I get momentum he runs and resets.

Thief comes back I get momentum, he runs and resets.

Thief comes back a third time, gets impatient/risky and dies.

War is fine, just have to out play your opponent. Don’t just pop all your stances and be like “/gg”

if you are bad and can’t out play a thief, try running celestial as a crutch.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Standing on a point with my war, thief comes up… I get momentum he runs and resets.

Thief comes back I get momentum, he runs and resets.

Thief comes back a third time, gets impatient/risky and dies.

War is fine, just have to out play your opponent. Don’t just pop all your stances and be like “/gg”

if you are bad and can’t out play a thief, try running celestial as a crutch.

You almost make me believe that thieves have no tools to win against warriors, because someone must be bad player to loose against one thief.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Oh noes, I miss my attack and have to auto attack for 7 seconds to get 3 bars back.

Atleast you gave us the ability to gain adrenaline on weapon swap, or maybe it was me just getting 3 bars before I had the time to do that… I never really knew. Warrior is just one big puzzle to me I’m gana have to rethink what weapons to use after they smiter booned greatsword >.>

:)

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Warriors had it way too easy for too long. So now those who are really good players will adapt and overcome and those who played warrior for ezmode will complain, crumble and quit. I for one am glad for the changes. Kudos Anet for actually doing something right.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

You mean warriors have to actually try and land their skills now? Dang. That’s new :P

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

You mean warriors have to actually try and land their skills now? Dang. That’s new :P

dafok, warrior has always been the hardest to land their skills due to them being telegraphed and small radius, except longbow f1

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

dafok, warrior has always been the hardest to land their skills due to them being telegraphed and small radius, except longbow f1

bleh cough gogglebfhfahrrrr

You perma burn a point the size of legacy , while botting 400hps

then you have 4x CC skills on hammer, axe you just run far and win like a decap engie idiot

and dont forget weakness cz a 25k 3k armor tank needs it

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Milady.1593

Milady.1593

Warrior needs more nerfs, they’re still the most overpowered class in the game, but this is a step in the right direction. GJ Anet. BTW if anyone thinks Im a noob because of that statement please duel me for gold.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef

wut?

switch PU mesmer,MM necromancer,turret engi, and even some meta build of thief,etc, you
can get your gold as will.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Milady.1593

Warriors had it way too easy for too long. So now those who are really good players will adapt and overcome and those who played warrior for ezmode will complain, crumble and quit. I for one am glad for the changes. Kudos Anet for actually doing something right.

Warrior is so easy that can not just run and stealth and watch your illusions kill foes,can not run and play turret,can not put your enemy in zergs of minion,then can not do 12000 range damage in 1.25s now.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

As I’ve said a million times now…. adrenaline did not need to change in PvP. All ANET need to do was make endure pain not cap or contest a point and warrior would have been fine.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Milady.1593

Warrior can not even merely insane kbrd roll then make enemy crazy,why most overpowered things few mentioned here while warrior has been nerfed then others said need more nerf?

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Got killed by a thief? Well join the large line of classes that get farmed by thief unless you’re an engineer.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I definitely don’t think warrior is dead. This patch hurts but it is nothing that we can’t adapt too. We just require more care in using our burst skills.

However, I am a concerned about builds that can escape and reset fights easily. All they have to do now is get out of combat when our adrenaline get close to full and then reengage to keep us from ever being able to fire off a good burst.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Someday.3650

Someday.3650

So now warriors have to fight for kills, good news.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Lemme just…

Condi and power thief
Condi and power mesmer
Condi engineer
Condi Necro
Condi Ranger
DPS/Meditation Guardian
D/D Ele

That sums up my feelings. Necros did get nerfed. Condi’s got nerfed.

Did you really just advocate using HEALING SURGE!? This change to adrenaline made it a totally worthless heal that is more of a liability than an asset. If you don’t get the T3 heal you just blew a 30sec CD on a tiny amount of health. It is not risk/reward, it is all risk with very little reward. Before you say “you still get adrenaline” let me counter with what other non-warriors have said “it’s not that hard to gain adrenaline.” There’s no skill to using Healing Surge, it’s just a bad heal.

I also assume you’re advocating sitting on Signet of Rage for the adren gain? Guess what, 100% of nothing is still not a lot. If it was 200-300% then maybe, but right now the gain is still not worth what the skill lost.

I can agree with Brawler’s Recovery, it’s a good change and it’ll make some of my previously just-for-fun builds a bit more viable. What’s better is that I won’t need to bring a bow for condi removal.

Good Warriors will adjust to these changes and still kill you. Which means chances are Thieves (it’s almost always Thieves) will continue to complain.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

AnonMD.7263

words

more words

What about mending? Does that fair better?

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

words

more words

some other words

Worse. Even though with the trait is could almost be a full cleanse, it doesn’t heal enough for that CD for it to be useable.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

currently there are more people who play necro, or, eles than warrior class in top100 of leaderboard. with regards to this fact, I wonder why they so much are nerfing warrior since april patch though. Warrior got nerfed 2 times continuously, firstly healing sig then now adrenaline and torment and etx.. rifle become just complete kitten cuz it will mostly miss. current top1 who is “jorse” is also ele.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Julie Yann.5379

currently there are more people who play necro, or, eles than warrior class in top100 of leaderboard. with regards to this fact, I wonder why they so much are nerfing warrior since april patch though. Warrior got nerfed 2 times continuously, firstly healing sig then now adrenaline and torment and etx.. rifle become just complete kitten cuz it will mostly miss. current top1 who is “jorse” is also ele.

Because the nubs got together and campaigned to nerf the big bad OP warrior. It was much easier than adapting their build and L2P.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

To be fair, most mechanics in this game save some of the guardian’s have been broken since launch. It really shows when adding counter play to a portion of the warrior that we could only stop partially before destroys the class for some.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Well. If he resets the fight, you will gain control of the capture point. So it’s kinda a win for you as well, depending on how fast he kills you afterwards.
… Oh? You play WvW?
Well. WvW has never been balanced anyways. +/-40 Condi Duration and Warriors with 3k Power, 3k Armor and 30k HP. WvW has never been and will never be balanced, it’s a PvE-mode.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

GG Anet. I have now officially retired my 80th lvl Warrior. He now stands by the TP and is a merchant until you fix the broken Warrior class.

On the plus side my 80th lvl Ranger has come out of retirement!

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Icaruk.5401

Icaruk.5401

I’m so happy because now, a warrior MUST use the 110% of their skill to fight someone that uses the 110% of his skill.

The 123345123511345 days have been ended. You all were used to win fights doing nothing.

(edited by Icaruk.5401)

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I’m so happy because now, a warrior MUST use the 110% of their skill to fight someone that uses the 110% of his skill.

The 123345123511345 days have been ended. You all were used to win fights doing nothing.

Your argument makes absolute no sense what so ever.

You say the “123345123511345 days have been ended” which implies people (warriors) are using their skills in a specific order, the same as every single other class in the game. Then you say “You all were used to win fights doing nothing.” which directly contradicts the first part of your sentence.

So which is it, were they using skills in a specific order to achieve results? Or doing nothing to achieve results?

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

Welcome to the game we’ve all been playing the last year???

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

Because the nubs got together and campaigned to nerf the big bad OP warrior. It was much easier than adapting their build and L2P.

Well then clearly you are not a nub and should have no problem adapting your build and l2p

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Guyver.1426

Guyver.1426

This class becomes mobile ATM in wvw

Everybody loves him now. Thank you Anet!

Why not call him “Santa Claus”? Santa ????Claus is coming ????to wvw

Excuse me! I’m not aware of Christmas coming so early.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Julie Yann.5379

Well then clearly you are not a nub and should have no problem adapting your build and l2p

I got 4k hour on my warrior, been playing him since launch. I will improvise, adapt, and overcome. I’m all for the changes they made in regards to losing adrenaline on burst. What got tragically over nerfed is the loss of adrenaline when out of combat. There should have been a grace period of 10 seconds before decays begins. As it is now, leveling warriors will never really get to use a full burst since most mobs die before getting a full bar and you don’t have time to make it to the next before decay. All a thief has to do is disengage for a few seconds and we can’t use our class mechanic.

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

there is that but
if your in spvp then you get the point so you win and also have rotate one of the party members
in wvw there are plenty of animals that you can attack and stay in combat with

also necromancer had this problem with theives from day 1 so welcome to the boat

side note i think theives are fine

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: reiko.6081

reiko.6081

HAHAHA so you didn’t use your adrenaline in the right time and now you’re saying they killed warrior….

QQ MORE pls. i love it

RIP Warrior Class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

words

more words

some other words

Worse. Even though with the trait is could almost be a full cleanse, it doesn’t heal enough for that CD for it to be useable.

Actually both heals are quite good. The problem is we are completely spoiled on the signet. And to be honest, there is not reason not to use it.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c