Ranger Rapid Fire is OP . . why. . .

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

I will say this very simple . . .

It feels OP because it has range.

Backstab, 100b, Ranger 2hW, and other melee skills (that could compete with rapid fire damage) when used, you expose your self in the middle of the battle and take a lot of damage from all the AOE and kitten in the moment.

With Rapid Fire you can just stay out of the fight kill fast and move away to be safe.

I see a lot of rangers trying to defend the buff saying that you can evade . . . come on guys in the middle of a fight evades are very limited . . . you are telling me that i should save all my evades waiting for a ranger to attack me?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

lol, you mean the backstab you do with no animations or tells the opponent can see because you are invisible?

And you can’t do backstab from range? Are you a moron? Backstab animation into steal is a ranged backstab.

Thief and warrior both have defensive abilities that allow them to melee, either via blind spam or target drops from stealth or healing signet and plate armor.

Ranger melee defensive boils down to signet of stone every 60 seconds. Then he dies.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Killshot has similar damage at range on a equal cool down.

Backstab is down from behind the cover of stealth.

I feel your argument has too many holes to hold water.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Volley…

Same damage…
Same range…
Better class…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Actually in terms on zerging (which is what the OP seems to be on about), Killshot+Volley together are quite a bit better than the Rangers LB.

The only reason Rifle Warriors are relatively uncommon is because Warriors have better things to do in a zerg, which Rangers dont.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Actually in terms on zerging (which is what the OP seems to be on about), Killshot+Volley together are quite a bit better than the Rangers LB.

The only reason Rifle Warriors are relatively uncommon is because Warriors have better things to do in a zerg, which Rangers dont.

kill shot better or equal to rapid rie . . . come one man . . . seriously.

atse is perfectly right . . 1 aegis, 1 pet in the middle, 1 terrain issue and it’s done . . . rapid fire is waaaay better.

And don’t let me start with the cast time . . .

in Profession Balance

Atherakhia.4086

atse is perfectly right . . 1 aegis, 1 pet in the middle, 1 terrain issue and it’s done . . . rapid fire is waaaay better.

Volley…

Same cast time…
Same cooldown…
Better class…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Signet of Might is laughing at your aegis.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SkylightMoon.2098

SkylightMoon.2098

They buffed ranger into a kitten level class. The power ranger spec is literally summarized by pressing 1, 2, and 3. Rapid fire is broken and not comparable to killshot at all. First, both hit like a truck, except one has a consistent cooldown while the other doesn’t because it requires adrenaline.

Also, its the fact that avoiding a killshot is 10 times easier than rapid fire. There is no windup animation for it, it simply starts and does about 10k damage in little over a second. Thats the definition of broken.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

@Skylight

2.5s actually. Rangers dedicate a 60s CD utility to produce the short of burst you are thinking of.. which again.. Warriors or nearly any class can do with their burst they just choose not to because they want other things.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

A backstab can be used from a long distance away thanks to steal, and the thief has the best access to stealth in the game along with evades and blinds to mitigate incoming damage and disengage if things get hairy.

Rangers have very limited stealth, not enough to readily disengage, which means our only chance to get out of a fight hinges on Swoop, which can be effected by cripple and chill and doesn’t hide the direction the ranger is fleeing.

Thief burst is not telegraphed and comes from an invisible foe. Unless you see the thief approaching ahead of time you’ll have already taken the backstab damage before you can react.

Ranger damage is spread out over 2.5 seconds. Unless the ranger took the time to set up an immobilize, similar to how thieves use basilisk venom, it’s not difficult to dodge, which cuts out over half the damage of the attack. After a failed burst it’s incredibly easy to close the distance due to all the gap closers in the game.

There’s also a mechanic in the game that not only completely shuts down ranged damage but turns it back on it’s user. There is no melee equivalent to reflect. A backstab thief isn’t going to down itself because the enemy popped a defensive skill. This is a very real and fairly common possibility for longbow rangers.

In fact, have you ever been focused on by two thieves? There’s almost no chance at survival. Do the same with two rangers. You can down both with a single well timed reflect and then urinate on their downed bodies.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Asquared.4091

Asquared.4091

Melee burst ( warr/thief) needs a buff to compete with rapid fire.

lol at this. Never thought I’d see the day.

Ranger finally gets viable burst and everyone loses their mind. To the point of claiming warriors and thieves need their burst improved.

Attachments:

[RAGE]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

lolol kill shot is easely the worst skill in the game. If it hits you , then you should uninstall. Backstab takes positioning and perfect timing because its only 1 attack. Rapid fire can be used even on aegis because there’s many arrows.

Generally yes but I can’t tell you how many people I’ve baited into a killshot.

-Thief using whirling axe, unaware I main thief and know exactly how long the channel lasts. He sits in it and then approaches me with whilring axes. Timed kill shot, dead (he also dodged in whirling axe while I had rifle out to show how stupid he was, but none the less)

- Fool on skyhammer kept jumping in and out of mid via lift pads. Mapped his rotation, charged up kill shot, pop goes the weasel.

-fleeing target on temple of silent storm heading up stairs towards mid point. I targeted him using 3rd person vision, he walked up without noticing me, BOOM HEADSHOT!

Is it strong to combat competent level players in say high tier pvp? Not even close, but its really easy to execute this skill if you have a little intuition and a knack for surprising people.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

It really is kinda OP. The tradeoffs are huge though. It only becomes really OP as a full zerker ranger.

Just a few minutes ago. Some 3 people capping a guardpost in WvW as I walk in.
- 9k AA crit against some super low armor/HP elementalist with only 70% health left.
- Followed up with I assume some 15k RF (average atm for me) on a thief just as he goes into stealth.
- killed the third guy with a mix of AA – invis – maul crit etc.

The first two people didnt even see me coming and could’nt react to it at all.

Then again, A full Rain of arrows into a zerg gets me killed most likely (retaliation).
If I get caught once I die in seconds. Conditions eat me for breakfast and signet of stone only helps that much on a class that cant ecsape like a thief or warrior.

The range and the buffs certainly helped to make a longbow sniper viable – I consider it viable now and pretty OP in certain scenarios but it also gets killed as fast as it kills.

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

(edited by Flitzie.6082)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SkylightMoon.2098

SkylightMoon.2098

@Skylight

2.5s actually. Rangers dedicate a 60s CD utility to produce the short of burst you are thinking of.. which again.. Warriors or nearly any class can do with their burst they just choose not to because they want other things.

nice try but with a trait its less than that. all you really have to do now to be good at ranger to kill any light class or even some medium classes is press 2 and then 3 and then 1. thats it. its the new dummy class.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

@Skylight

nice try but with a trait its less than that. all you really have to do now to be good at ranger to kill any light class or even some medium classes is press 2 and then 3 and then 1. thats it. its the new dummy class.

You never ever want to open up with Rapid fire (Except the enemy has aegis). You loose ~3k damage if you do. Boost your opening strike AA with percentage damage and then follow up with RF. on average its 6k + 15k damage. Lowest has been 4k + 9k on some heavy armor warrior. Highest around 9k + 18k damage within 2 seconds it feels like.

Edit: oh, add another 1300 damage to any of above if your lightning strike sigil procs.

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

(edited by Flitzie.6082)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

I think it’s an OP change, i also like it when playing my engineer, I’ve never quite dropped rangers as fast as now, reflecting that burst damage back in their faces with my shield, if nothing else hearing the “Block” sound from the tool kit a few dozen times is also great

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

lolol kill shot is easely the worst skill in the game. If it hits you , then you should uninstall. Backstab takes positioning and perfect timing because its only 1 attack. Rapid fire can be used even on aegis because there’s many arrows.

as a warrior player, i agree that melee burst needs a buff to keep up with rapid fire.

on the other hand, i have been trying out full glass ranger in hotjoin and enjoying the pew pew pew action.

sure, i can kill people very easily, but if they catch me off guard, i die very quickly also, as i do not play ranger very regularly. i am not very used to their skills, movement, methods of playing etc.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Heartbound.7420

Heartbound.7420

I’m a warrior main and I don’t think the change is OP.
If you can dodge the initial burst and get in melee range with one of the million gap closers in this game the ranger will be cake.
Rangers have hardly any sustain in melee and are usually sitting ducks to condis and raw damage.
Don’t forget you also have to go full berserker for an optimal amount of damage and focus on damage traits.
If you get sniped by ranger mid fight get over it, they’re running the risk and reward berserker scheme and they deserve the damage if they can stay alive.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Volley…

Same damage…
Same range…
Better class…

Rapid fire will finish far before volley thus, more burst, ranger LB can also do it from farther away, and when traited and the right set up, RF does plenty more damage than volley.

At the OP:
However it’s far from OP. 1. It can be dodged much easier because of the short cast time, one dodge negates 50% of RF’s damage. 2. It can be reflected, where other melee burst skills cannot. Given, reflect is not easily accessible to most classes, it is still a weakness to a projectile burst skill. 3. This is ranger’s second burst skill, and the other one requires you to blow nearly all your cooldowns and have specific traits, etc, all for one skill. So let us have our burst skills, because every other class has theirs.

Thank you.

PS: I honestly haven’t used LB since the patch, and have killed a few LB rangers myself. But the greatest thing to come from this patch so far, is not the buffs, but the delicious tears

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

The annoying thing about this change is how easy it is to setup (none) and how safe you can be while doing the burst. Backstab, 100Blades, Static-discharge are all squishy and need to get into melee-range and are liable to being blown up themselves. Ranger does just as much damage while perched safely away at 1200-1500 range (you get extra wiggle even when your bar is red under the skill) with just 1 button. Its basically 100B, but homing and range, has an integrated bullscharge (bow 4).

in Profession Balance

Atherakhia.4086

Volley…

Same damage…
Same range…
Better class…

Rapid fire will finish far before volley thus, more burst, ranger LB can also do it from farther away, and when traited and the right set up, RF does plenty more damage than volley.

At the OP:
However it’s far from OP. 1. It can be dodged much easier because of the short cast time, one dodge negates 50% of RF’s damage. 2. It can be reflected, where other melee burst skills cannot. Given, reflect is not easily accessible to most classes, it is still a weakness to a projectile burst skill. 3. This is ranger’s second burst skill, and the other one requires you to blow nearly all your cooldowns and have specific traits, etc, all for one skill. So let us have our burst skills, because every other class has theirs.

Thank you.

PS: I honestly haven’t used LB since the patch, and have killed a few LB rangers myself. But the greatest thing to come from this patch so far, is not the buffs, but the delicious tears

They’re both 2.5 second channel spells. They both have access to the same trait to reduce cooldown by 20%. Ranger can get 5% from Eagle Eye and 10% from Hunter’s Tactics. Warrior will have 15% from power, 10% from bleeding, 3% if endurance full etc.

They really are quite close at everything but the range advantage if the Ranger runs EE.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

You can dodge pretty much the whole thing with a single dodge. It’s really not that difficult.

in Profession Balance

warriorjrd.8695

Volley…

Same damage…
Same range…
Better class…

At the OP:

Thank you.

They’re both 2.5 second channel spells. They both have access to the same trait to reduce cooldown by 20%. Ranger can get 5% from Eagle Eye and 10% from Hunter’s Tactics. Warrior will have 15% from power, 10% from bleeding, 3% if endurance full etc.

They really are quite close at everything but the range advantage if the Ranger runs EE.

Well the new RTW trait gives 10% increased attack speed, and most LB rangers use that, so it is faster than volley, however not by much. The max damage increase you can get is 35% with LB, but you have to sacrifice RTW, also RF’s base damage is higher than Volley. So even with RTW (10% less damage increase with no predators onslaught) the max you can get is 25% increase, and the 3% warrior has on ranger won’t bring it higher than the base damage. So close, but no cigar.

Regardless, it’s a very strong skill now, but that’s it. It’s just a strong skill. As soon as rangers get a strong skill everybody loses their kitten? We aren’t allowed to burst now or what?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Volley…

Same damage…
Same range…
Better class…

At the OP:

Thank you.

Well the new RTW trait gives 10% increased attack speed, and most LB rangers use that, so it is faster than volley, however not by much. The max damage increase you can get is 35% with LB, but you have to sacrifice RTW, also RF’s base damage is higher than Volley. So even with RTW (10% less damage increase with no predators onslaught) the max you can get is 25% increase, and the 3% warrior has on ranger won’t bring it higher than the base damage. So close, but no cigar.

Regardless, it’s a very strong skill now, but that’s it. It’s just a strong skill. As soon as rangers get a strong skill everybody loses their kitten? We aren’t allowed to burst now or what?

This and you are stacking 20 stacks of vulnerability through pet and self opening strikes, and as the rapid fire channels. I honestly would take a ranger LB over a warrior rifle anyday.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

You need to use Zephyr and Signet of the Wild for that burst you are talking about. Neither are defensive skills. You also dedicate at least 10 trait points into longbow.
There are plenty of reflects, blinks, blinds, teleports, heals etc.. to say that longbow is OP. It is not, you just have to pay attention now instead of facetanking it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Unless the Wiki is wrong, Volley is a 3.0 coefficient attack and Rapid Fire a 3.75. This means the base damage of Rapid Fire is 25% more than Volley. Also, it fires 10 arrows instead of 5 attacks so you get twice as many chances to proc sigils. And lastly, Rapid Fire applies vulnerability at each attack which Volley doesn’t.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Irina.7418

Irina.7418

That’s crazy, we got our second burst (the first being maul, and not that powerful), and all i can see is people QQq about how a reflectable/dodgeable/blockable skill is OP. Seriously, you are simply upset because against a ranger, you will have to dodge once every 8 seconds (or simply walk through the ranger if you don’t want to dodge, but probably harder since you will take a bit more damage)

Rapid Fire deals more or less the same damage as volley, use a build editor if you want to see. The two biggest difference are a longer range, and Signet of the Wild dealing 25% more damage. On the other hand, warriors have killshot, nearly perma Fury, and more bulk than a power ranger. The main reason warriors don’t play rifle is because they have much better weapon for a berserk setup (and weak AA, but who cares when you can switch weapon every 5 second?)

The +10% attack speed is trivial. 2.3 sec instead of 2.5, you take one more arrow, which is roughly 1K. If you dodge right (when you see many arrows flying, you dodge, and it has a specific sound, you should also expect it, as much a you expect an evicerate is coming), you will take 4K damages at best on a glassy light armor (like shatter mesmer). Sure, if we add Signet of the Wild and Quickening Zephir, it can become hard to dodge, but you should still be able to dodge half the damage, and it has a 60 seconds cooldown.

Now, against people who don’t know you can actually dodge in GW2, this is OP, clearly. Against a player who have played LB for more than 30 minutes, it’s not.

I’m not even talking about reflect, blocks or retaliation because they are obivously countering LB ranger, but most people expect to win against a LB ranger whithout even have a single skill to counter it.

The only way you could see it as OP is because of all the immobilize ranger have (Mainly pets, but also entangle (48 seconds if traited), and muddy terrain (20 sec if traited). It has never really been a problem because ranger never had any good burst to begin with, but now that they have a burst, it’s a different matter. I Find it interesting that nobody said anything about it, because that is how good LB rangers will kill their targets.

Killing a power ranger shouldn’t be as easy as it was before, and they are no longer free kills. Deal with it, it doesn’t mean they are unkillable, it only means that you have to think a little bit to beat them.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

The only way you could see it as OP is because of all the immobilize ranger have (Mainly pets, but also entangle (48 seconds if traited), and muddy terrain (20 sec if traited). It has never really been a problem because ranger never had any good burst to begin with, but now that they have a burst, it’s a different matter. I Find it interesting that nobody said anything about it, because that is how good LB rangers will kill their targets.

/sign … this is how it worked before the Patch and this is how it works now against any enemy with a single Braincell. Immobilize has always been a mandatory part of being succesfull with LB, at least in WvW.

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Vulnerability gives average 5.5% increase to Rapid Fire damage. Transferring that to the coefficient (3.75) gives 3.96.

Based on wiki, rifle has 9.5% higher weapon strength so Rapid Fire should do about 20% more damage than Volley (with same strength it would be 33% more damage).

It also has about 20% more DPS than Hundred Blades.

Doesn’t look that bad except when you realize 30% of ranger damage should be in their pet.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Volley…
Same damage…
Same range…

Actually this is misinformation. I play both ranger and warrior.

Volley doesn’t hit as hard as rapid fire. It does about 30% less damage in same amount of time. Rapid fire also applies 10 stacks of vulnerability. The actual range of rapid fire with the eagle eye trait is 1800 = crazily long range. Ranger has several traits which can be used to increase the damage further than warrior rifle can.

The increase of rangers in WvWvW has been drastic. Now it seems everybody and their mother is playing ranger at roaming.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Profession Balance

Atherakhia.4086

Rifle has access to 8 stacks of vuln though. Rifle also has a higher damage profile. Base, the 2 skills have a less than 10% difference in damage. The 2 skills are much closer than you guys are making them out to be.

And you’re right… everyone and their mother is playing a Ranger. Per the stats given by anet a year ago, the Ranger is the most popular class apparently. People are dusting them off.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

lol at this. Never thought I’d see the day.

Ranger finally gets viable burst and everyone loses their mind. To the point of claiming warriors and thieves need their burst improved.

If ranger got their burst on greatsword, No one would be complaining, at all.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Volley…

Same cast time…
Same cooldown…
Better class…

Yet, rifle war is single handly one of the worst weapon set,
Do rifle has ranged push back? stealth? AoE? Nop…and Kill shot is even the dumbest skill ever invented.

also rifle is 1200 range max, rapid is 1500,

oh and rapid also has 10 stack of invulnerablity, while rifle? yup you guess, it needs another skill other then volley to apply them and only 8 stacks.

so basically if you really want to compare them, Rapid fire alone = 2 skills combined of rifle, let’s just not mention how rifle was already the dumbest weapon which is only used cuz yolo fun.

personally i would careless about ranger buff, but seeing you comparing your longbow to rifle, it just angers me so much, how clueless you are. how dear you compare some thing to the worst weapon in the game and think it’s better.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

The problem is not the damage multiplier, but the 1800 range (longbow hits clearly further than 1500 range if you have eagle eye traited). Unless you have multiple reflects, stealth or shadowsteps most professions do not have much counter play against this. Multiple rangers focus firing on one opponent will down anybody before they can close in without the use of stealth, shadow step, reflect or similar. Just dodging is avoiding only part of the rapid fire burst. LB #4 can be used to gain range and so does GS#3.

While this maybe be fun for rangers now to down the enemy warriors who were treating them like 2nd class citizens, I don’t think this is good for the game balance. The range of all long bow attacks (with eagle eye trait) should be reduced to 1500 (like it reads).

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Rifle also has a higher damage profile. Base, the 2 skills have a less than 10% difference in damage.

It’s around 13% damage difference (a bit higher or lower depending on your point of reference) in pvp.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The problem is not the damage multiplier, but the 1800 range (longbow hits clearly further than 1500 range if you have eagle eye traited). Unless you have multiple reflects, stealth or shadowsteps most professions do not have much counter play against this. Multiple rangers focus firing on one opponent will down anybody before they can close in without the use of stealth, shadow step, reflect or similar. Just dodging is avoiding only part of the rapid fire burst. LB #4 can be used to gain range and so does GS#3.

While this maybe be fun for rangers now to down the enemy warriors who were treating them like 2nd class citizens, I don’t think this is good for the game balance. The range of all long bow attacks (with eagle eye trait) should be reduced to 1500 (like it reads).

i dont mind rangers make that damage but it should be when at long range and probably higher, at close range their damage shoud be basic when with long bow.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

everybody just forgets that prior to this patch rapid fire did less dps than auto attacking.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

The QQ about this has been hilarious. Literally you have 1 thing to watch for from a power ranger at range. Dodge it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Behold, the weight of the QQ that was once placed on the shoulders of warriors.

enjoy that. I’ll be over here with my Hammer 4 I mean arcing slice.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The QQ about this has been hilarious. Literally you have 1 thing to watch for from a power ranger at range. Dodge it.

Or block it. Quite a few block skills require the enemy to be close for their counterattack, otherwise they’re a 3-4 second block, meaning YOU TAKE NO DAMAGE.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Or block it. Quite a few block skills require the enemy to be close for their counterattack, otherwise they’re a 3-4 second block, meaning YOU TAKE NO DAMAGE.

This plus missile reflect = hilarity ensues.

Try it. you’ll love it.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Now thats laughable the thief who spam One shots with backstab cries about ranger tracking from rapid fire and the long nerf overdue warrior cry because now ranger can actualy keep up with their highly overpowered hambow self regen build in a ranged fight. You guys are plenty ridiculus ranger by default was supose to be designed as the distance fighter, as such that ranger possess low evade and one of the best ranged weapon style in the game is legitimate. Warrior longbow better then ranger longbow? Please stop dreaming it wasnt supose to work that way since day one! To make longbow rapid fire and everything else viable as a damage weapon was the best thing they ever did in the whole year. We might even see ranger in pve dungeon meta running something else then that stupid shortsword build. Honestly im going for a signet/pet might fusion spammer build with that and its rocking the hell out.

Ranger still is as squishly and defenceless as ever save now instead of behing a free loot bag its actualy a deadly long range glass cannon wich is what it should have been since the start.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

actually, the damage multiplier for LB2 is horrible. its 0.37986 per arrow, or something close to that. What causes the massive damage is having 6 points into marks, giving us instant 20 stacks of vulnerability DURING the cast. Thus we deal almost 20% more damage then normally.
Take a ranger without any points in marks and BAM, RF isnt that strong anymore.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

The max damage increase you can get is 35% with LB

You can get up to 60% with SotW.

Steady Focus 10%
Eagle Eye 5%
Hunter’s Tactics 10%
Runes of the Scholar 10%
Signet of the Wild 25%

You can even drop sigil of force in but I think air/fire do more dps.

in Profession Balance

Atherakhia.4086

He was responding to me and was specifically avoiding things that both the Warrior and Ranger share. That’s where he got the 35% from (sacrificing RtF for the new trait).

in Profession Balance

warriorjrd.8695

The max damage increase you can get is 35% with LB

You can get up to 60% with SotW.

Steady Focus 10%
Eagle Eye 5%
Hunter’s Tactics 10%
Runes of the Scholar 10%
Signet of the Wild 25%

You can even drop sigil of force in but I think air/fire do more dps.

Well signet of the wild, yes I forgot about that, but I was really only counting permanent bonuses. Also if you’re comparing skills, don’t bother using things like runes or sigil that the other class could use as well. But yes with SotW, it’s higher than I said.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Eiland.1405

Eiland.1405

Any1 who think ranger LB is now “balanced” deserve to have this great game supa pro balance team

Dry Leaves

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

Rangers have been arguably one of the worst classes since launch aside from what 1 or 2 builds, which always end up getting nerfed. We finally get burst damage that competes with wars and theives and we should get nerfed? You have crap tons of gap closers that makes the range pointless. It’s extremely easy to kill a LB ranger. Pop a block or a reflect and hes done. Dodge, hes done, close range with the crap tons of gap closers you have access to, hes done. Get over it just because we aren’t the equivalent to free loot bags anymore doesn’t mean we need nerfed.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

You have anything focus fire on one person and they will die.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief