Shadowsteps and Bubble/Static Field

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Technically Shadowsteps (Infiltrator’s Signet, Blink, Shadowstep) etc. are displacement effects. They “teleport” you to a new location. This means that in contrast to leaps and rushes, they don’t scale with speed-increases or the likes.

You literally just appear at a new location. You don’t technically pass through an area.

But then why do I still get stunned or knocked-down when I Shadowstep out of a Static Field or Guardian hammer bubble?

It seems inconsistent with the way the skills should work.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

it’s due to way blinks are coded in this game. when you blink, you are actually just running super fast, and not actually teleporting. this is why you can only blink to terrain that you can walk to.

being able to blink to platforms above you is a bug.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Why don’t I get speed buffs from ally fields when I teleport over them then??

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

It will be fun if all those teleports will be projectile based and you can reflect them:-P

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

it’s due to way blinks are coded in this game. when you blink, you are actually just running super fast, and not actually teleporting

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

Why don’t I get speed buffs from ally fields when I teleport over them then??

Actually, that’s my question. If the coding for teleports allows us to take negative effects, why can’t we also get the positive ones?

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

because blinks aren’t a blast finisher.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

because blinks aren’t a blast finisher.

You don’t need a blast finisher to get the benefits from Symbol of Swiftness.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Symbols pulse once a second, and even at normal running speeds it’s possible to run through them between pulses and “miss” the swiftness boon.

Wards behave differently.

But I agree, ideally blinks shouldn’t be affected by them. I can imagine it would open up a whole world of terrain exploits to fix it though.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Symbols pulse once a second, and even at normal running speeds it’s possible to run through them between pulses and “miss” the swiftness boon.

Wards behave differently.

But I agree, ideally blinks shouldn’t be affected by them. I can imagine it would open up a whole world of terrain exploits to fix it though.

Temporal curtain has no pulsing effect though, it should just help whoever passes through it. Yet I don’t believe it’ll provide its benefit to a blinker (though I haven’t explicitly tested this).

Even still, it would be nice to see this changed. There’s other blink related issues to, such as trying to teleport across certain surfaces. For instance, the breakable platforms in skyhammer often function like some sort of invisible wall, causing blinks to not cross them, but simply stop them at the edge of the platform.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

why

The exactly same thing is with shadow refuge.
1. Check if player is within radius. If true, give effect <stealth>.
2. Check if player was previously within radius, and now is outside of radius. If true, give effect <revealed>.

If revealed was given after crossing radius line, you could shadowstep out of it after 1 sec and keep stealth, or even simply jump over the line if you dropped SR on an uneven terrain.

It seems to be simpler and more safe than checking ,,passing" condition. Yet, still needs fixing.

Signed, level 1 alt