Sigils unfair to ele/engi

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

You guys are trying to fix something that isn’t broken.

Not being able to swap weapons and not being able to take advantage of a few of the sigils is a limitation of the Ele and Engi classes that is accounted for by the incredible utility of having access to DOUBLE the number of weaponskills as compared to every other class in the game.

I’ve been playing an Ele long enough to understand this.

Since release of the game people keep justifiying every single nerf and drawback of eles with this (ridiculous) argument. They keep babbling about it because everyone says so and nobody can think about it on their own. It’s like the 10th time I’m reading that in this thread without ever hearing a reasonable different argument.

As someone said before, classes should be balanced by their spells and mechanics of their own – not by additional stuff like availability of gear, runes or sigils.

I’d actually like to hear an Anet-statement about this. They gave the second sigil slot to 2h weapons to make it more balanced in comparison to classes/builds that use 2 1h instead. In principle this is the same with eles/engis compared to the rest.
Like I said before this isn’t an intentional nerf to those two classes but instead it’s due to the fact that 2 additional sigil-slots are difficult to implement because of the 1-weaponset-design of those two classes, therefore a design-flaw.

Ok so you say it’s wrong, but give no to back that up that opinion… then claim it’s because additional sigil slots are difficult to implement. Got any sources or are you just “babbling” as you put it?

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DiazKincade.2891

DiazKincade.2891

TL;DR. Let’s put it this way: Classes have SO much more potential for imbalance than a measly sigil or two. And pure class potential aside, player skill makes a MUCH bigger difference than a few % in stat points. If I wanted eles or engis buffed, I would pick something more important and less difficult to change than stupid sigils.

Yeah because obviously giving ele and engi the same UI style as other classes and then just adding a single “if” statement of code that locks their weapon swap function while in combat is so incredibly difficult. /sarcasm

I could pseudo code it for you right now if you want. its not that difficult at all.

If Ele or Engi in combat
then Lock weaponswap
Else unlock weaponswap
end if

This is just pseudo code but the point is ITS NOT HARD. The variables used would be different for sure but the basic lay out is almost exactly the same.

This would give them access to a second set of sigils without throwing their in combat balance to the wind. Because they can’t switch in combat this allows them to make use of stacking sigils, in conjunction to 2 active/statics, putting them on even footing gear wise with every other class.

lvl80{Insert Class Here} Current main: Meana Mischeif-Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

@Aberrant: Of course it’s difficult to implement. How do you want to add sigil slots to weapons that don’t exist without making it too complicated (and Anet always wants to avoid complicated things at all costs).

Where is the connection between having 40 spells and access to sigils? This connection only has been made because (like I said) everything is justified by that 40 spell argument. This argument is just made up out of thin air.

If a class seriosuly has to be denied access to equipment that ist standard for other classes, then something has to be really really wrong with balance.

@DiazKincade: I think the more important aspect of your idea is the availability of a second weaponset for example in s/tPvP :P . The sigils would only be secondary here.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

(edited by Gorni.1764)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Only the sigils on the active set have an effect. If you build up bloodlust stacks and then switch weapons the stacks are no longer active.

So, no, there is no advantage with respect to sigil effects for professions that can carry two weaponsets.

9s icd vs 10s to swap with swap icd, plus other classes tend to not swap every chance… eng/ele on the other hand do it constantly. Yup.

Wow, so we’re saving 1 out of 10 sec? Is that your argument? What if I tell you it’s unreasonable to count the 9sec, and when we are constantly swapping attunements, we are dealing with 10-13sec CD for each attunement, and after a few seconds of battle they are all on CD and being swapped randomly, giving us an actual loss of couple of seconds because we swap when we need, not when the 9sec are up?

As does everyone – except the rare specs that dual carry the same set everyone swaps when the situation demands it, not when the swap cooldown ends.

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

@Aberrant: Of course it’s difficult to implement. How do you want to add sigil slots to weapons that don’t exist without making it too complicated (and Anet always wants to avoid complicated things at all costs).

Where is the connection between having 40 spells and access to sigils? This connection only has been made because (like I said) everything is justified by that 40 spell argument. This argument is just made up out of thin air.

If a class seriosuly has to be denied access to equipment that ist standard for other classes, then something has to be really really wrong with balance.

@DiazKincade: I think the more important aspect of your idea is the availability of a second weaponset for example in s/tPvP :P . The sigils would only be secondary here.

Just saying “of course” isn’t adding in any additional information. I’m just left to presume you have nothing to back up what you’re saying then.

Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Gorni.1764

did you read my post? I brought 3 logical explanations …

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

Yes, I’m still waiting for some sort of source. So far it’s just you saying “of course” etc.

I don’t see how it would be very hard to add in another slot for specific classes if that is what they wished to do.

Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Gorni.1764

Yes, I’m still waiting for some sort of source. So far it’s just you saying “of course” etc.

I don’t see how it would be very hard to add in another slot for specific classes if that is what they wished to do.

so how would you do it for ele?

and keep in mind … Anet thinks of the community that people are too stupid to understand that for example 2 sigils that proc on weapon-switch don’t work together so they changed it …

and btw: when you’re talking about sources. Give me a source that says it’s a balancing-issue.

(edited by Gorni.1764)

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

so how would you do it for ele?

and keep in mind … Anet thinks of the community that people are too stupid to understand that for example 2 sigils that proc on weapon-switch don’t work together so they changed it …

and btw: when you’re talking about sources. Give me a source that says it’s a balancing-issue.

I don’t think that adding in extra sigil slots when a weapon is equipped on a specific class would be all that hard to implement if it was a priority.

I’m not the one asking for a change, burden of proof is on you first and foremost. Provide it and I’ll go looking through ancient dev posts. Until then, no reason to.

Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Gorni.1764

You say it’s not hard to implement, yet you fail to bring foreward suggestions how to do it.

And as I said in another post: I can live with having only 2 sigils as an ele. I just wanted to clarify that in my opinion this isn’t because of balancing-issues but due to the design of ele and engi and therefore I can understand people that say it’s an unfair disadvantage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

Considering that weapon sigils does nothing at all until you either break it out or wield it, I don’t see the problem, at least not on engie part. We can swap to our weapon whenever we want.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

Its really annoying and an unfair advantage for other classes that wasnt there before.
My D/D ele and my engi effectivly lost a very important sigil. My GS/Hammer War doesnt care that much. Lucky me, meanwhile the warrior is my full ASC equipped main.