So how do they buff necro def? [merged]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

^ Yep mobility is imho the biggest problem. I´ve never felt weak regarding defenses but beeing so immobile compared to the other classes always annoyed me. But we all know that deaf Anet won´t let that happen. Maybe they buff vampiric master to life siphon healing 43 instead of 42.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think the necromancer’s biggest problem right now, is that the devs don’t seem to have any love for the class. We are a very neglected class since launch, and visits to the necromancer sub forum are extremely rare, if not almost none-existent. Countless suggestions have been made to fix our class, none have been used. In fact, in some cases they even went into the opposite direction of what was asked for. And I can understand if this makes many necromancers a bit depressed and disappointed in Anet.

So do I have hope for a future update? Well based on their track record…
…none what so ever.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Mobility.
I know you guys at Anet have said a hundred times that necro will not be getting any buffs to mobility. Its completely understandable, with the amount of hard/soft cc and ranged pressure the necro can dish out. Just hear me out.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dark_Pact

Teleports the necro to the target. This change is a double edged sword as there are many situations when using this skill at the wrong time would put you in a bad spot. It provides the necro with the tools to survive in a prolonged fight, as well as keeping up with the aggressive playstyle that necro requires. Dark Pact has a long and obvious cast time and thus is easy to dodge / interrupt.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dark_Path

Should see a buff. The cast time right now is good, but the projectile is staff-aa slow and thus rarely connects against a skilled opponent.

edit: took out spinal shivers

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Dark Path could be ground-targeted like in betas.

Shivers however is proc of Chill of Death and I think I don’t want to teleport by proccing it on random target to random position.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I like them as is, actually, so no thanks.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

More reliability and speed for the two gap closers, please. Another one would be nice, too.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I dont think spinal shiver needs a teleport. It only needs a casttime reduction. And for condi necromancer i dont know why you would ever want to be near an enemy (well unless you abuse the weaponswap sigils etc.), you always have atleast 900 range weapons. So giving them the choice of an extra teleport would not be nessesery and probably to strong.

Now for dark pact, it is on a melee weapon so it makes kinda sense to give dagger mainhand a gap closer. And to be honest i would really love it if it would become something like the pounce skill of slark in dota2 but the thing is, all necros have a gap closer in DS 2. So it is hard to justify for a supposed to be slow profession to get an extra gap closer.

As side note the DS2 teleport should be more reliable.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

problem is, necromancers are either underpowered or gods. yay balance.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

@Rym
I debated whether or not to push for Spinal Shivers getting a teleport. I would think that the Chill of Death proc teleport should be turned off, but that wouldnt make much sense. So I’m taking that off of the table.
@Muchacho
DS2 should be a lot more reliable, so I’ll go with that.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Or remove the destroys minions and ends spectral effects in the skill description.

/thread..
I win!

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

As a Warrior, I am eager to get into 1v1 fights with Necros and Guardians because I know that if I get the upper hand, they cannot escape me.

Unless…yknow..they’re like that crafty Asura and Spectral Walk off a cliff. Situational mobility doesn’t count though.

I’d like them to have their fair share of gtfo. They need either a stealth or a blink or something that makes it easy for them to withdraw. either that, or they need to be able to heal in death shroud so that they can sustain a bit better vs focus.

Guardians need a blink too, but evasive instead of offensive.

It seems off when I can carve a necro to within an inch of his life and then hastily retreat when he pops lichmode, the only thing that I worry about on necros. while he just has to stand there unless there happens to be a sufficiently tall cliff nearby.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

It may be a bit out there, but I would be quite happy if they just replaced half of our bleeds with confusions and torments. This way when we are under pressure and have no way of escaping at least we are still a threat. Confusion makes for a very nice auto attack and burst skill killer and torment with high enough stacks makes an escaping enemy only hurt himself.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

I’d like them to have their fair share of gtfo. They need either a stealth or a blink or something that makes it easy for them to withdraw.

i, as a necromancer main, would be perfectly fine with the ‘cant escape’-part if the second part of their design philosophy for necro (‘the class you cant get away from’) would be true aswell.

still feels like pretty much everyone can just walk away from us whenever they want.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

They could give us 1.0 to 1.5 seconds of stability for each pulse on well of power, that would help give us some defense and team utility. Also make it so that some corruptions would give us some boons, though i’m not sure how I feel about that myself. Could buff up our spectral skills as well, increase their durations, maybe give us stability on spectral armor at the cost of losing the stun break?

Honestly though, I think what they should really do is reevaluate deathshroud and the life force mechanic entirely. We don’t get any benefit for keeping life force, other than it can be used as a second health bar. Why not give us skills that make us use life force to heal ourselves and/or allies, apply conditions to enemies, revive allies. I mean arenanet’s interpretation of a necromancer in this game is someone who not only has a close relationship with death, but also can manipulate the life force of the living and dead as they see fit…So why can we only use it to enter into a state that cuts us off from our utilities, and does not do much for allies unless VERY heavily traited, and even then is at best subpar? There are so many possible things they could do with this interpretation of the necromancer!

Anyway, sorry I got off topic. They definitely need to buff up our siphons a good bit because life siphon traits are useless unless running minionmancer or running wells for a zerg, or if there are a bunch of mobs close together. They could just make it so that it siphons life from one enemy hit for a flat rate of say…200-300. It would need an ICD of 1-2 seconds of course. The Vampire signet really needs some work. I am very interested though it what they are going to do with the upcoming patch. Should be interesting at the very least.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Anyway, sorry I got off topic. They definitely need to buff up our siphons a good bit because life siphon traits are useless unless running minionmancer or running wells for a zerg, or if there are a bunch of mobs close together. They could just make it so that it siphons life from one enemy hit for a flat rate of say…200-300. It would need an ICD of 1-2 seconds of course. The Vampire signet really needs some work. I am very interested though it what they are going to do with the upcoming patch. Should be interesting at the very least.

Unfortunately not. Check out the notes from the ready up session. They gave SoV an extra 1 second…that’s it. No other buffs/changes to it. They also didn’t touch any other life siphon. Extremely disappointing!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Unfortunately not. Check out the notes from the ready up session. They gave SoV an extra 1 second…that’s it. No other buffs/changes to it. They also didn’t touch any other life siphon. Extremely disappointing!

Yeah I saw, I won’t go on a rant, done that I think in 3 threads already…

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Honestly though, I think what they should really do is reevaluate deathshroud and the life force mechanic entirely.

I agree. Love playing my necro, but DS associated mechanics need a re-design. Unfortunately the devs seem to be limiting themselves to small incremental changes. That’s normally a good thing, but when the overall design of a class is lacking this much an exception needs to be made.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

DS associated mechanics need a re-design.

Why do they need a redesign? Every hour someone post somewhere on these forums that X mechanic or X skill needs a redesign, and almost none of them, just as you lacked here, offer even a slightly comprehensive reasoning to justify it.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

DS associated mechanics need a re-design.

Why do they need a redesign? Every hour someone post somewhere on these forums that X mechanic or X skill needs a redesign, and almost none of them, just as you lacked here, offer even a slightly comprehensive reasoning to justify it.

A slightly comprehensive reading of this thread would reveal that I was agreeing with someone who provided a paragraph of reasoning. Granted its short and a broad overview, but hardly without justification.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court