[Spvp][Elementalist] D/D celestial needs nerf

in Profession Balance

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Celementalist needs a Nerf.

Lmao, this has been dead for almost a month nearly twice. You and two other players have personally been responsible for this thread being alive in the first place.

Guys, let this thread die. All points have been discussed, there is no more to say.

Close it.

I am a teef
:)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

SNIPPET

Are we talking duels on a duel server or tpvp/spvp?
In sPvP there are fights that I do not take if they hold a point. I’d never engage against a Warrior since the fight would be too long, but the only class that I can never beat is engi.
They are incredibly strong in Conquest, but in duels I can manage a sustained fight that goes on forever.
25 stacks can be reached, and it’s all about doing a little mini-game trying not to waste any blastfinishers without a firefield, if you’re on a team with another ele or engi it’s obviously much easier.

TPVP/SPVP mostly though I do duel a little sometimes on duelling servers (and get my kitten kicked sometimes by all sorts of classes, though I am a semi-casual player I guess). I never use macros as I think there is more personal satisfaction doing it all yourself.

Regarding what you said about 25 stacks of might: That’s a little different to people implying that getting and maintaining 25 stacks is easy. You can’t often keep a perfect rotation either due to changing situations during fights. You have to adapt. During fights I typically look down and see maybe 13 stacks of might (yes I am using battle sigil + strength runes). Maybe I need to L2P a little better, but often I’m recovering from all sorts of cripples, immobilization, conditions, etc. and no way can I keep a perfect rotation / blast finishers going.

If I get all my boons converted to conditions and my cleanse is on cooldown, I’m usually dead because I can barely move. 1 good necro on a team is all it takes.

Of course I’m no “pro”.. so could be missing something. But I shouldn’t need to be, as some are saying how easy it is…

Guess that’s why the best teams are currently running 2 ele 2 engi and 1 thief or mes. Must be because Necro is such a great counter to ele.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Guess that’s why the best teams are currently running 2 ele 2 engi and 1 thief or mes. Must be because Necro is such a great counter to ele.

Yes Necro is to OP, that´s the main reason why teams in in high level PvP refuse to use it…..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Yes Necro is to OP, that´s the main reason why teams in in high level PvP refuse to use it…..

Difference is that Necro has more counters and than Ele.

People are going to run what wins them tournaments. Thus why 2 Ele 2 Engi 1 Dps is the go as 4 of those characters have very few counters.

Every lopsided game I play pretty much has one thing in common. One side has strong Eles and the other doesn’t.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

celementalist needs some changes

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

celementalist needs some changes

Celestial stat as a whole needs a nerf.
Ele can take advantage of every stat on it thus it becomes a issue when the amulet gives more stat points than any other stat combination.

It needs the number of stats it gives reduced evenly so it overall gives the same number of stats as every other stat choice.

This will slightly reduce its toughness, vitality, power, crit chance, crit damage, and condition damage And bring the overall effectiveness back down to the mortal plane by making it more open to attack and dulling the slightly too sharp blade on their spear.

Because right now. Its ridiculous

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

So, yesterday I watched Thrackit’s video on how to be a better DD Ele. After that I learned a lot about how to play DD eles. I delete my level 3 Mes and make an Ele. After that I ask my teammate (a cele engi) to duel. He wasnt playing at his best because he had cold hands or something but I beat him 3-0 WHILE HE USED CRATE and I know for a fact that my teammate is very good at cele engi. What does this say about how OP cele ele is? Cele ele is at an advantage vs cele engi, but I literally hadnt played ele for a week, and before that I hadnt played it for months (I used to main DD Ele for like 5 months until the patch that made them godmode then I deleted my ele).

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

(edited by Elitist.8701)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

So, yesterday I watched Thrackit’s video on how to be a better DD Ele. After that I learned a lot about how to play DD eles. I delete my level 3 Mes and make an Ele. After that I ask my teammate (a cele engi) to duel. He wasnt playing at his best because he had cold hands or something but I beat him 3-0 WHILE HE USED CRATE and I know for a fact that my teammate is very good at cele engi. What does this say about how OP cele ele is? Cele ele is at an advantage vs cele engi, but I literally hadnt played ele for a week, and before that I hadnt played it for months (I used to main DD Ele for like 5 months until the patch that made them godmode then I deleted my ele).

None of that makes a lick of sense, because you give no context what so ever. The fact that anyone can speak as if “celestial ele” or “celestial engie” is a build everyone knows is silly. Telling us what amulet they were using says nothing about what the build is. What build were you using? What build was your friend using? Based on your ridiculously biased post history, what evidence do you have to support the claim that your friend was skilled at all?

What this looks like to me, is nothing but a very vague, and highly anecdotal claim, with limited evidence to support it.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

None of that makes a lick of sense, because you give no context what so ever. The fact that anyone can speak as if “celestial ele” or “celestial engie” is a build everyone knows is silly. Telling us what amulet they were using says nothing about what the build is. What build were you using? What build was your friend using? Based on your ridiculously biased post history, what evidence do you have to support the claim that your friend was skilled at all?

What this looks like to me, is nothing but a very vague, and highly anecdotal claim, with limited evidence to support it.

When someone is implying that they’re talking about standard Cele Ele and standard Cele Engi, actually… for a lot of people, those are indeed known builds that are just as known as say, ‘Hambow. Medi-Guard. Spirit Ranger. Shatter Mesmer.’ I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect people to post a build link and video evidence of the anecdote everytime they tell it.

It’s a personal anecdote of a duel or encounter.. just take it with a grain of salt and proceed, lol.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAElUUpELmch1rRYLoROm2IyNWlPHhAkUA-T5gIwAAeAAf2fQYZAA

^The Engi was using this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhcMacW4wzBf0AiAB5ulqRBlfHTB-TJRHwAFeAAAOBAk2f4YZAA

^The Ele was using this.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

When someone is implying that they’re talking about standard Cele Ele and standard Cele Engi, actually… for a lot of people, those are indeed known builds that are just as known as say, ‘Hambow. Medi-Guard. Spirit Ranger. Shatter Mesmer.’ I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect people to post a build link and video evidence of the anecdote everytime they tell it.

You chaith, your trying to speak for others, and here is the problem with that. We have threads that are claiming the fire field spams are the problem with celestial engineers then complain about the tool kit block, invulnerability of elixir S, and grenades, in the same post. None of which offer a fire field. So regardless of what you claim they are saying, as long as I am seeing such uninformed claims and illogical accusations, particularly by posters with a history of such action, I want to know what build they, personally, find problematic. Not the build Chaith feels is problematic. Which is kind of why I asked him what he meant, and didn’t ask you what he meant.

It’s a personal anecdote of a duel or encounter.. just take it with a grain of salt and proceed, lol.

Umm yeah. I thought that was pretty much what my comment was infering.

Were you the engie?

Well, yeah, I would hope so, as it is the build in the video he stated he got the play style ideas from. The problem is, I do not know that he adhered to it, or didn’t make any personal changes. Which is why I asked him.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

You chaith, your trying to speak for others, and here is the problem with that. We have threads that are claiming the fire field spams are the problem with celestial engineers then complain about the tool kit block, invulnerability of elixir S, and grenades, in the same post. None of which offer a fire field. So regardless of what you claim they are saying, as long as I am seeing such uninformed claims and illogical accusations, particularly by posters with a history of such action, I want to know what build they, personally, find problematic. Not the build Chaith feels is problematic. Which is kind of why I asked him what he meant, and didn’t ask you what he meant.

Umm yeah. I thought that was pretty much what my comment was infering.

Were you the engie?

Well, yeah, I would hope so, as it is the build in the video he stated he got the play style ideas from. The problem is, I do not know that he adhered to it, or didn’t make any personal changes. Which is why I asked him.

Well this has been pleasant.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh