The Ranger "Issue"

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Noob Ranger vs Noob X is how you guys describe LB ranger to be. Completely one sided 2-3 button push kill.

Good Ranger vs Good X, its game on!!! very very exciting stuff. A lot of positioning play, good dodging and jousting. Terrain juking.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I find it rather difficult to really judge how OP the longbow changes could possibly be, as the majority of the Rangers I encounter in WvW still refuse to use the mechanics of the game. No dodging, no weapon swapping and often not even moving – I sometimes have to double take to make sure I’m not fighting an NPC. I guess these changes are good for these players as they get to play the machine gun archers they all so obviously want to play, even though it gets them destroyed often. But I think these changes could have the undesired effect of further perpetuating Ranger discrimination.

Gandara

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Being really good with Longbow and kiting your opponents takes more skill than many other builds, trust me.

It’s very easy to see the difference between bad and excellent Ranger.

Bad Ranger will get slaughtered when forced to melee.
Excellent Ranger just waits for it.

Oh ain’t this the truth. Had a fight yesterday in WvW with me on my Apothecary thief versus a good Ranger. She threw out a RF, I used LoS to dodge it before I closed the distance with steal just for her to pull out S/D and proceed to start melee combat. We fought for 5 minutes (her dancing between S/D and LB skillfully) before I finally got taken out by her due to a fatal mistake on my part (I dodged too early). Sent her a PM thanking her for the good fight. I still salute that Mag Ranger, I rarely get fights like that in WvW versus Rangers.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The problem is the combination of range, damage, and disengage all at the same time. A likely scenario player uses gap closer to get close, pushed back, fortuanately has another gap closer but ranger stealths and repositions. Player has 3rd gap closer and gets close again (this whole time he has been taking a constant stream of 1-3k autos and rapid fires), ranger pops signet of stone, swaps to gs and fights for a bit. If rangers target isn’t dead by the time signet of stone is up, then just swoop in the opposite direction, leaving opponent with little chance to catch him because he had to use 3 gap closers just to get to him the first time and they are all on cool down.

Now the player can either chase the ranger though he won’t likely be able to catch him, as gs ranger is very fast on its own, and the player has already used multiple gap closers eventually a large gap will be reopened, and the process repeats, this time, with the player at much less health, most likely gap closers still on cd, while hunter’s shot and pointblank shot have already come off their very short cool downs. and the ranger may very easily have never been touched.

My conclusion is they are like thieves with their ability to reset fights, however they never really disengage due to longbows incredible range which makes them wayyyyyyyy lower risk than thieves. Sure they can’t hold points but neither can you while either chasing them, or trying futilely to tank them on the point.

On a side note, comparing lb ranger to staff ele. Staff ele has higher dps assuming that: the ele stays in fire not switching to other attunements for defense or utility, and the enemy stands a sufficient amount of time in the lava fonts. Neither or those are really reasonable assumptions out side of pve.

Few classes would still have their gap closers on cooldown. Warriors, Eles, and Thieves would easily keep up. Engis, Mesmers, and Rangers are likely ranged and weren’t at a disadvantage to begin with. This leaves Guardians and Necromancers, both of which are slow classes by design. The guard will take a massive dump on the Ranger and if it didn’t work just spam blocks to safety. The Necromancer will legitimately have enormous difficulty, but they have high effective health and a billion condis against a power spec with limited/no condi cleanse.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Hi!
I am a Ranger and i have always been a Ranger,i had to defend the class on the forum,i had to defend the class in map chat,i had to fight to be considered an equal player with someone who was using an elementalist or warrior or any other class.

I was considered weak and lame only because i was a Ranger.i was forced to use a certain trait (spotter) and a certain skill (frost spirit) only to not be kicked from the parties.

If i was running around with a bear it was common to get the “bearbow” whispered or in say chat.

I chose the Ranger class because i wanted to use a bow but it was always recommended to play with other weapons.

We,Rangers,were mocked,considered weak,lame,not good enough, 1 single mistake was enough to be kicked…we were forced into using certain things by other players.

We had to endure all that for years and now when we are a decent class,when we can do dmg,when we start to be a book not judged by its cover you call us OP?

I know,you might be frustrated,you have to think before fighting a ranger now,not only spam your skills.

I will not say learn to play,i will say learn to adapt.

Ranger still a free kill! learn to adapt

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

…stop using the term Free Kill only the bad rangers are Easy to kill, nothing is ever Free.
plus using that term is what gave us Experianced Rangers a Bad name, then the Ganking insued its not fun having 20 people chase after you Because Lots of people still use this Term its annoying!

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I find it rather difficult to really judge how OP the longbow changes could possibly be, as the majority of the Rangers I encounter in WvW still refuse to use the mechanics of the game. No dodging, no weapon swapping and often not even moving – I sometimes have to double take to make sure I’m not fighting an NPC. I guess these changes are good for these players as they get to play the machine gun archers they all so obviously want to play, even though it gets them destroyed often. But I think these changes could have the undesired effect of further perpetuating Ranger discrimination.

I’d rather be hated for being the “OMG newb camping sniper scrub!” class than hated for the one class that is the absolute worst when it comes to WvW utility.

This was a positive step up for the Ranger if for no other reason than that.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

Haha even with old spotter and spirit I still get kicked when a guard puts up his lfg in wvw. So when are the Guardian nerfs going to happen?

Why would they nerf the guardian? Its actually very balanced. As someone who plays all classes (Yes, even ranger), I have no problems killing them 1v1 as long as I make sure of a few things:

1. I watch their skill animations so that I know when to dodge and avoid the handful of bursts they have(really aren’t that many).

2. I watch their boons so that I do not begin my burst while retaliation is up.

The guardian doesn’t need nerfing. Most guardians are forced to primarily focus on toughness/armor because of how slow they are, but at the end of the day, Its slow, easy to avoid and kite, and NOT op.

[varX] Limitless Potential

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

Haha even with old spotter and spirit I still get kicked when a guard puts up his lfg in wvw. So when are the Guardian nerfs going to happen?

Why would they nerf the guardian? Its actually very balanced. As someone who plays all classes (Yes, even ranger), I have no problems killing them 1v1 as long as I make sure of a few things:

1. I watch their skill animations so that I know when to dodge and avoid the handful of bursts they have(really aren’t that many).

2. I watch their boons so that I do not begin my burst while retaliation is up.

The guardian doesn’t need nerfing. Most guardians are forced to primarily focus on toughness/armor because of how slow they are, but at the end of the day, Its slow, easy to avoid and kite, and NOT op.

game isn’t balanced around 1v1s. guardian is “op” (using that term loosely) because of everything it brings to a team/group. there’s a reason guardians are present in any successful group in this game.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vindicator.5384

Vindicator.5384

I am a Warrior, suffering the “bad changes” since last patch, and often I fight Rangers who seem OP. Never for once did I think of ruthlessly assaulting them on whispers that they got it easy. I see rangers as a challenging opponent and nothing more/less. Perhaps it’s easier to play ranger now than it was before, the changes aren’t subtle and that’s why it’s easy for people to “judge”. You payed for this game, play it the way you like and kitten everyone else.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

All necro need to do against glassbow is to apply weakness and rangers damage is instantly cut in half or less.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

I said this once, and I’ll say it again

Rangers were never meant to have nice things

Maybe our time has come,finally!

In4b the nerfs

It’s going to happen,, no point denying it. It happens to every class

Seems to happen to Ranger more than any other class in the game. Not only that but the nerfs come quick unlike Warrior, Guardian and Thief nerfs.

lol @ thief,maybe the most nerfed class in the game.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Chokolata.1870

Thief is nerfed a lot because stealth is an awkward and eccentric mechanic. As long as it allows thief players to dictate the temp over other human players it will be cried against and further nerfed.

On the flip side 20066 sword/dagger thief was just OP by numbers with tank like survivability and good damage.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Being really good with Longbow and kiting your opponents takes more skill than many other builds, trust me.

Oh ain’t this the truth. Had a fight yesterday in WvW with me on my Apothecary thief versus a good Ranger. She threw out a RF, I used LoS to dodge it before I closed the distance with steal just for her to pull out S/D and proceed to start melee combat. We fought for 5 minutes (her dancing between S/D and LB skillfully) before I finally got taken out by her due to a fatal mistake on my part (I dodged too early). Sent her a PM thanking her for the good fight. I still salute that Mag Ranger, I rarely get fights like that in WvW versus Rangers.

So you lost to a power ranger on a condi thief…..

Every post you make just sheds more light on why you post the way you do

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

RyuDragnier.9476

Healing thief sir, healing thief. I run with D/D and P/P (both help with the healing procs on Signet of Malice and provide good damage), building for survival when it comes to WvW (a foreign concept for most thieves). I go venom share usually for dungeons, and zerker for those rare occasions that I need to burn something down fast.

[hS]

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

So you lost to a power ranger on a condi thief who also stacks healing power.

Ok thanks for clearing that up even morr

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

i dont think that this is a ranger issue but all other classes issue.

i am explaining it .

see the wvw buffs . offensive mastery applies power+ condition and the defensive mastery applies only vitality and not toughness …..

only this make the classes with more power+ condition + stacks of might to win on every 1 vs 1 in wvw .

in the part of ramger changes. with my guardian and engineer i have not a single problem but with my warrior ( wvw build ) …. omg i passed a trap with full adrenaline in the end of combat and i lost in 4 seconds 22000 hp , because i lost all my adrenaline before conditions expired ….

this is warrior problem ( wvw build with 26k hp and 600 healing power ) and not skill’s problem . they did with last changes warrior out of combat really paper class against conditions and this it the problem .,not the ranger’s traps

an other example of how wrong is the whole game is the aggro system . when a class wears a shield it is a reason to take all the aggro from enemies ( pve or pvp ) from wiki :
"
closest target to them
who is dealing damage
top damage dealers
who is using a shield / has more toughness and overall armor
others (see Tanking tactics below)
"
shield creates aggro and if you see the traits the amount of toughness that someone can earn and trained only is in all classes + 90 only …. while in eng the ft applies + 200 something that it is not creating aggro .

balancing needs logical people . are they ? this is the question

p.s i didn’t say anything about healing power . because it is a big big issue this stat for many classes

(edited by Reborn.2934)

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Healing thief sir, healing thief. I run with D/D and P/P (both help with the healing procs on Signet of Malice and provide good damage), building for survival when it comes to WvW (a foreign concept for most thieves). I go venom share usually for dungeons, and zerker for those rare occasions that I need to burn something down fast.

So let me get this straight,

Healing bunker THIEF

lost to a power ranger who can shoot bunkers from range.

THIEF.
who is a healing power thief with apothocary gear ( instead of nomads?! also why even use apothocary if you are trying to be survivable? You may as well use clerics and be just as useless)

Complains about not being able to do anything to a ranger.

While real thieves—-the ones that actually build for condition damage and still survive just fine.
Are loading that same ranger up with conditions and killing it.

That sums this up no?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Healing bunker THIEF

THIEF.
who is a healing power thief with apothocary gear ( instead of nomads?! also why even use apothocary if you are trying to be survivable? You may as well use clerics and be just as useless)

While real thieves—-the ones that actually build for condition damage and still survive just fine.

That sums this up no?

What is wrong with a healing thief exactly? also, pttf….Apothecary and Cleric gear….. Should I talk about how I regularly kill ‘skilled’ players using what is widely considered the even more useless Magi gear?

seriously, stop whining and attacking players for how they play the game because the way they play doesn’t fit your lame kitten definition of ‘Meta’.

On the rest of this thread and the Ranger issue, the nerfs will come. It might be a massive 50% nerf next month, or it more likely be barely 8% nerf in a year, like Healing Signet was when all that complaining, whining, and moaning went down. Fact is, it will come.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

RyuDragnier.9476

Healing bunker THIEF

THIEF.

That sums this up no?

I never complained about RF or doing anything to a Ranger. If you note my original post, I avoided and lessened the power of RF often, and we had a 5 minute fight where she was managing to stay alive quite well (I got her to 10% 5 times before she bounced back). What killed me wasn’t RF…it was that last Monarch’s Leap she did. I dodged too early, so it managed to hit me. She did really well too, dodging, interrupting me, anticipating my moves, I was having a lot of fun with fighting a GOOD Ranger for once. I even thanked her for the fight afterwards, because I was genuinely impressed by her skill.

[hS]

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

You know, something new gets added to the mix and heaven forbid we adapt tactics and look for any number of counters. LB #2 is not an insta-win button, just a better skill now.

I like how Irxallis explains it in the following video -

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

(edited by Expiatus.4210)

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Healing bunker THIEF

THIEF.

That sums this up no?

What is wrong with a healing thief exactly? also, pttf….Apothecary and Cleric gear….. Should I talk about how I regularly kill ‘skilled’ players using what is widely considered the even more useless Magi gear?

seriously, stop whining and attacking players for how they play the game because the way they play doesn’t fit your lame kitten definition of ‘Meta’.

On the rest of this thread and the Ranger issue, the nerfs will come. It might be a massive 50% nerf next month, or it more likely be barely 8% nerf in a year, like Healing Signet was when all that complaining, whining, and moaning went down. Fact is, it will come.

If you play a bad spec and lose to something, it’s not because the other person was OP, it’s because you are playing a bad spec. It has nothing to do with “meta” builds, so stop acting stupid. You know that a healing power thief will not beat a power ranger, yet you still find a reason to go after the other guy? Your logic needs a tuning.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Chrispy.5641

If you play a bad spec and lose to something, it’s not because the other person was OP, it’s because you are playing a bad spec. It has nothing to do with “meta” builds, so stop acting stupid. You know that a healing power thief will not beat a power ranger, yet you still find a reason to go after the other guy? Your logic needs a tuning.

So, if I’m playing your definition of a ‘bad spec’, and I’m killing players left and right, does that still make it a bad spec? Or is it only you’re definition of a ‘bad spec’ because its not all Zerker gear? Or is it because the fight took five minutes or less than 10 seconds? Or is it because I’m using the spec wrong? Or is it because, no matter how hard you try, you can’t kill squat in WvW unless its with a Power Build?

Also, Like I told you months ago and I still say it now, I eat Warriors for breakfast and kill them in like 3 seconds using a longbow power build. That was before the Rapid Fire change, and well, with the change, its actually quite literally 3 seconds now. The only other person in this Thread who needs to fine tune their own logic except for who I replied to, has the word warrior in their name.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

warriorjrd.8695

So, if I’m playing your definition of a ‘bad spec’, and I’m killing players left and right, does that still make it a bad spec? Or is it only you’re definition of a ‘bad spec’ because its not all Zerker gear? Or is it because the fight took five minutes or less than 10 seconds? Or is it because I’m using the spec wrong? Or is it because, no matter how hard you try, you can’t kill squat in WvW unless its with a Power Build?

Also, Like I told you months ago and I still say it now, I eat Warriors for breakfast and kill them in like 3 seconds using a longbow power build. That was before the Rapid Fire change, and well, with the change, its actually quite literally 3 seconds now. The only other person in this Thread who needs to fine tune their own logic except for who I replied to, has the word warrior in their name.

Anybody with half a brain would know that two equally competent players, one using a “healing power” thief, the other a power ranger, the power ranger will win the vast majority of those fights. Things are “meta” for a reason, they’re effective. Does that mean they are the only things that are effective? Of course not. But evidently your necessity to be different has lead you to the conclusion that everybody who runs something similar to the “meta” is, in your eyes, a mindless drone, and as a result you feel the need to hammer them for that.

Congratulations for being able to kill warriors, not much of an achievement there, but you can have your badge anyway. Rapid fire is far from OP, so anybody calling for a nerf to it needs to adapt. What I was trying to get at earlier (which clearly went straight over your head), is that if you play a spec that won’t beat another spec that doesn’t make the spec you lost to OP. For ex: if you fought a condi build with no condi cleanse and lost, that doesn’t make the condi build OP. Your spec simply wasn’t good, or it wasn’t good for that specific scenario. Now when we have a healing thief going against a power ranger, even pre-patch the only way the ranger would lose is if he messed up or couldn’t play.

So we get it. You use your own little special builds and are still super strong (killing warriors, WOW), but if you are going to compare builds and one of them isn’t that great, trying to attack the other person because of some “meta” garbage makes you look foolish. And just in case you think that RF needs a nerf, please tweak your play style a bit.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Chrispy.5641

On the Rapid fire is not OP thing….I think that amnesia is a big thing on these forums. The entire discussion, right down to how people are taking sides and defending the other’s point of view, is exactly like the garbage that went on last year over the Healing Signet buff then subsequent nerf. Anet would not have given it (even an 8%) nerf unless it neded it, and the same will be true for Rapid Fire if/when Anet decides that it is in fact too powerful or not in combination with some of our skills.

On the other part….you’re right, I don’t half a brain, I must have an entire brain! I have seen Thieves with Healing Builds (usually Apothecary) Kill Power Rangers and other Power builds all the time.

Also, so what if you’re comparing two equally competent players? That’s not the name of the game. This name of the game is SKILL. If I can dance all over your corpse using Magi gear, then I will do it. If I can dance all over corpses using Magi gear, and you lack the skill to do it, it doesn’t make the build inferior. Its only inferior because you lack the skill to play it at my level. So….Stop whining and go learn to play!

Ryu up there, must have danced all over Ranger’s corpses himself for a long time, and is probably effective against other classes as well, otherwise he’d be using something besides healing gear (that or he’s using sarcasm). Either way, His skill with what you consider an inferior build does not make it inferior. The only thing making the build inferior is you, because you lack the skill to use it properly.

How about you go learn to play with something besides viable Power builds (that happen to be the meta, even though you seem to hate that word), then come back here and talk to me. Until then, your logic still needs tuning, and your mockery isn’t going to help you until you understand why people use these builds that you don’t have the skill to use yourself.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

You can cry about rangers all day but tournament meta shows the truth: almost no rangers, as usual. And even if you find one, it’s mostly Spirit or Eura.

Instead, you can see many “nerfed” warriors, “bugged” thieves, “high skill” engineers, “skillful” D/D eles, “oh, so poor” mesmers .

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Zenos Osgorma.2936

You can cry about rangers all day but tournament meta shows the truth: almost no rangers, as usual. And even if you find one, it’s mostly Spirit or Eura.

Instead, you can see many “nerfed” warriors, “bugged” thieves, “high skill” engineers, “skillful” D/D eles, “oh, so poor” mesmers .

Almost no Rangers because its team meta is still Revolving around Close range combat.
of course in this one game mode Being Ranged isn’t as effective as Close Range melee because of said cap points.

but that for one does not mean Tol lables them as a Weakclass or the sorts.
just because the current game modes are not Suited for Ranged combat, as that sacrifices too much in that game mode to be effective.

in the end the people in these compositions choose to not use Rangers because of what i just said above , Using the Tol as a Lvl for what class is strong or weak isn’t a factor if other tpvp game modes are Present.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Almost no Rangers because its team meta is still Revolving around Close range combat.
of course in this one game mode Being Ranged isn’t as effective as Close Range melee because of said cap points.

just because the current game modes are not Suited for Ranged combat, as that sacrifices too much in that game mode to be effective.

in the end the people in these compositions choose to not use Rangers because of what i just said above , Using the Tol as a Lvl for what class is strong or weak isn’t a factor if other tpvp game modes are Present.

Excuse me, what other tpvp game modes?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

warriorjrd.8695

On the Rapid fire is not OP thing….I think that amnesia is a big thing on these forums. The entire discussion, right down to how people are taking sides and defending the other’s point of view, is exactly like the garbage that went on last year over the Healing Signet buff then subsequent nerf. Anet would not have given it (even an 8%) nerf unless it neded it, and the same will be true for Rapid Fire if/when Anet decides that it is in fact too powerful or not in combination with some of our skills.

On the other part….you’re right, I don’t half a brain, I must have an entire brain! I have seen Thieves with Healing Builds (usually Apothecary) Kill Power Rangers and other Power builds all the time.

Also, so what if you’re comparing two equally competent players? That’s not the name of the game. This name of the game is SKILL. If I can dance all over your corpse using Magi gear, then I will do it. If I can dance all over corpses using Magi gear, and you lack the skill to do it, it doesn’t make the build inferior. Its only inferior because you lack the skill to play it at my level. So….Stop whining and go learn to play!

Ryu up there, must have danced all over Ranger’s corpses himself for a long time, and is probably effective against other classes as well, otherwise he’d be using something besides healing gear (that or he’s using sarcasm). Either way, His skill with what you consider an inferior build does not make it inferior. The only thing making the build inferior is you, because you lack the skill to use it properly.

How about you go learn to play with something besides viable Power builds (that happen to be the meta, even though you seem to hate that word), then come back here and talk to me. Until then, your logic still needs tuning, and your mockery isn’t going to help you until you understand why people use these builds that you don’t have the skill to use yourself.

I have used longbow once since patch just to see the changes. I tested it on the golems in spvp. I don’t use LB or power builds, you know me so well. You need to quit labouring under the delusion Anet makes the best choices with balance, you speak as if whatever Anet does, was 100% necessary and just, when there are simply so many things people including myself could disagree with.

I don’t have an issue with this new LB, that’s why I defend it and say it isn’t OP. If you have an issue with it the only thing wrong is how you play, end of discussion. There are videos of people showing how it’s not even that strong if you play right, it’s just nobody has ever really taken rangers seriously and now they have some kind of burst everybody kittens their pants. I don’t generally run what is considered the “meta” (and I have nothing against the word but you evidently do for hammering people about it earlier).

Stop thinking you can understand me through what I’m typing here, like you sound foolish when you try. I use power builds do I? That’s interesting, because I haven’t used a power build in ages, again, you know me so well. I, and many others have no issue with people using LB, but that must be a fluke right?

The thing is, anet nerfs things based on what they see in the forums. If a bunch of scrubs can’t play the game anet will change it to suit their play style, even if it’s unnecessary. So maybe you’re right, RF will get a nerf, but not because it “needs” like you seem to think. If you don’t have an issue with RF then good for you, but if you do, you and everybody else on this forum needs to L2FP.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It bases on cooldowns, it dies to conditions but it can wreck with cooldowns up. People will adapt, they already do.

Caveat being that it has to be a lone target with no one else around and it helps a lot if they don’t notice you until the arrows are in the air.

In any group situation, the ranger just kills themselves.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Excuse me, what other tpvp game modes?

Current game modes and IF other game modes are present or Existed. didn’t you read the IF.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Chrispy.5641

I have used longbow once since patch just to see the changes. I tested it on the golems in spvp. I don’t use LB or power builds, you know me so well. You need to quit labouring under the delusion Anet makes the best choices with balance, you speak as if whatever Anet does, was 100% necessary and just, when there are simply so many things people including myself could disagree with.

I don’t have an issue with this new LB, that’s why I defend it and say it isn’t OP. If you have an issue with it the only thing wrong is how you play, end of discussion. There are videos of people showing how it’s not even that strong if you play right, it’s just nobody has ever really taken rangers seriously and now they have some kind of burst everybody kittens their pants. I don’t generally run what is considered the “meta” (and I have nothing against the word but you evidently do for hammering people about it earlier).

Stop thinking you can understand me through what I’m typing here, like you sound foolish when you try. I use power builds do I? That’s interesting, because I haven’t used a power build in ages, again, you know me so well. I, and many others have no issue with people using LB, but that must be a fluke right?

The thing is, anet nerfs things based on what they see in the forums. If a bunch of scrubs can’t play the game anet will change it to suit their play style, even if it’s unnecessary. So maybe you’re right, RF will get a nerf, but not because it “needs” like you seem to think. If you don’t have an issue with RF then good for you, but if you do, you and everybody else on this forum needs to L2FP.

You don’t use power builds and haven’t used a power build in ‘ages’, meaning you probably can’t play them that well, yet you type like you have been playing them for years (that, or like many armchair experts at GW2, you consider yourself an expert because you watched some youtube videos. You even sort of admit that in your post). And you say you don’t play power builds (which would mean condition damage, healing, or support), yet you type like you don’t understand them. Yeah, okay…..

You also seem to be under the impression that I think whatever Anet does with balance is infallible. If that’s the case, why would I think Rapid Fire is OP, and why would I think Anet is going to nerf it? If they are so perfect with their balancing, then why would they bother? You’re kind of tripping over yourself here Warrior, sounding twice as foolish as usual.

Please stop replying out of anger, so your posts at least sound more coherent than they currently are.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

Chokolata.1870

I have yet to see in what competitive area the LB power ranger is OP. I mean competitive.

Is it OP in tPvP?? NO
Is it OP in guild based WvW zerg fights?? NO
PvE speed dungeon clearing?? NO

So all the complaints are focused on random small scale roaming which does not really matter at all and is full with absurd amount of stat stacking,silly rune sets and really really REALLY bad players.

If you die from a random ranger while fighting someone else while roaming in WvW IT DOES NOT MATTER!!!!! It is not supposed to be balanced. A thief can troll 10 people, warrior can outrun a bullet and other silly things occur all the time in WvW.

The Ranger "Issue"

in Profession Balance

warriorjrd.8695

You don’t use power builds and haven’t used a power build in ‘ages’, meaning you probably can’t play them that well, yet you type like you have been playing them for years (that, or like many armchair experts at GW2, you consider yourself an expert because you watched some youtube videos. You even sort of admit that in your post). And you say you don’t play power builds (which would mean condition damage, healing, or support), yet you type like you don’t understand them. Yeah, okay…..

You also seem to be under the impression that I think whatever Anet does with balance is infallible. If that’s the case, why would I think Rapid Fire is OP, and why would I think Anet is going to nerf it? If they are so perfect with their balancing, then why would they bother? You’re kind of tripping over yourself here Warrior, sounding twice as foolish as usual.

Please stop replying out of anger, so your posts at least sound more coherent than they currently are.

I’m not the slightest bit angry, your rambling makes me feel pity, not anger, so don’t flatter yourself. Just because I haven’t played a power build in ages doesn’t mean I never have. But of course you know me so well. Obviously I just sit watching videos and that’s where my knowledge of ranger comes from, it couldn’t be from actual play time and experience. Real educated assertion there, nice work.

In some of your other posts you have hinted at the fact the new RF is OP, when it clearly isn’t. You have already said Anet will nerf it, yet you try to tell me you don’t think it’s OP. And I’m tripping over myself.. right.

You need to stop trying (and failing) to guess how I play and understand me, and try and agree with yourself as a first step.