[Thief] Power of Inertia non stealth supp.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

The Suggestion to Support stealthless gameplay for thiefs, also a chooseable trait if thiefs with stealth have the Option to trait into acrobatic line.

Power of Inertia
Gain might whenever you dodge and also gain 7 sec Reveal.
Also gain 1 of following boon for each direction you were dodging.

dodging forward- gain fury 5 sec
dodging backwards- gain protection 5sec
dodging right-gain regeneration 5 sec
dodging left-gain Retaliation 5 sec

Time and kind of boons can still be Change.

Edit: or making a new trait

Diverstiy dodging directions <<<(implent a more useful Name here)
Gain 5 sec Reveal when dodging and also gain 1 of following boon for each direction you were dodging.

dodging forward- gain fury 3 sec
dodging backwards- gain protection 3sec
dodging right-gain regeneration 3 sec
dodging left-gain Retaliation 3 sec

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

(edited by Arkantos.7460)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

7s reveal is a lot, also add an ICD that is equally long as the reveal. Otherwise we could either stack boons to infinity or stack reveal to infinity.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Profession Balance

Arkantos.7460

7s reveal is a lot, also add an ICD that is equally long as the reveal. Otherwise we could either stack boons to infinity or stack reveal to infinity.

changed boon up time, but its the main idea to Play without stealth with this trait, so you have to get rewarded, other classes also get perma up boons

otherwise, i would increase boon Duration /reveal as long as the ICD if added

Good Thiefs are average,

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

And if you need to dodge while in shadow refuge AoE?

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Power of Inertia is a fairly respectable trait as it is. It is also an adept trait and not supposed to be particularly defining of a style like Grandmaster traits are to be. A 20s duration in Spvp over 15 might be nice but again it’s a respectable already trait. It’s on decent footing relative to Vigorous recovery, much more practical and desirable than assassin’s retreat, master trapper (cus traps are mediocre) and Fleeting shadows.

If we’re talking supporting say non-stealth wouldn’t you be looking at well defensive opportunities given part of the issue with a thief being visible is a lack of appropriate defense against targetted skills and smoke screen very often not being a practical remedy to this. There’s two defensive boons thrown on your Power of Inertia suggestion but again, I don’t see where this trait comes into the discussion.
Pain response is unreliable in its condition removal for 1, Assassin’s Reward is very questionable. Fleet of Foot just doesn’t address defensive qualms, and Hard to Catch is unwieldy as far as the Shadow arts line goes. In Trickery you have hastened Replenishment which isnt bad at all, and other powerful traits.
Even then as far as Acrobatic adepts go other than Power of Inertia is Vigorous recovery right there.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in Profession Balance

Arkantos.7460

Power of Inertia is a fairly respectable trait as it is. It is also an adept trait and not supposed to be particularly defining of a style like Grandmaster traits are to be. A 20s duration in Spvp over 15 might be nice but again it’s a respectable already trait. It’s on decent footing relative to Vigorous recovery, much more practical and desirable than assassin’s retreat, master trapper (cus traps are mediocre) and Fleeting shadows.

If we’re talking supporting say non-stealth wouldn’t you be looking at well defensive opportunities given part of the issue with a thief being visible is a lack of appropriate defense against targetted skills and smoke screen very often not being a practical remedy to this. There’s two defensive boons thrown on your Power of Inertia suggestion but again, I don’t see where this trait comes into the discussion.
Pain response is unreliable in its condition removal for 1, Assassin’s Reward is very questionable. Fleet of Foot just doesn’t address defensive qualms, and Hard to Catch is unwieldy as far as the Shadow arts line goes. In Trickery you have hastened Replenishment which isnt bad at all, and other powerful traits.
Even then as far as Acrobatic adepts go other than Power of Inertia is Vigorous recovery right there.

Anet could made
>>> Diverstiy dodging directions<<< as a standalone trait in grandmaster, this would be far more effectiv as AR or Htc and support the other side of a engaging thief in combat.
Just the fact we dont know what Kind of utilies/elite we will get in 2014, I just want to visual a new direction in traitline to not letting thiefs crush if they dont use their stealth and having no immunity skills like other classes.

@Impact : you would reveal , the idea is of playing without stealth, remember

Good Thiefs are average,

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

This would be absolutely terrible for stealth builds and would be absolutely overpowered for S/X builds.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Profession Balance

Arkantos.7460

This would be absolutely terrible for stealth builds and would be absolutely overpowered for S/X builds.

p/p , sh, s/p arent using stealth by itself, they are very static to Play,
it is only your opinion in using stealthbased utilies
you wont tell me using s/d if you know your 5.skill is useless by using it when revealed… I would increase the reveal time you get from dodge to 10 sec to get high risk and reward

it is a chooseable trait, so you dont have to equip it if you want to play with stealth

Good Thiefs are average,

(edited by Arkantos.7460)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: gawker.8340

gawker.8340

The counter-play to stealth should rely on the skill of other professions. I suggest light fields apply reveal (3s) on stealth players.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

I actively use the dodge on evade trait already for PvE, and hell I don’t want to see that 7 seconds revealed state. Being able to remove conditions via stealth for 7 seconds is deadly 7-14 ways.

in Profession Balance

Arkantos.7460

I actively use the dodge on evade trait already for PvE, and hell I don’t want to see that 7 seconds revealed state. Being able to remove conditions via stealth for 7 seconds is deadly 7-14 ways.

As already said; …Anet could made
>>> Diverstiy dodging directions<<< as a standalone trait in grandmaster…
so you dont have to trait this, if you dont want to.
Power of Inertia can be as it is,; feel better now?

@gawker: This thread is not about Counter Play other classes against stealth

Good Thiefs are average,

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

nobody will use it in pve due to refuge -> roll through mobs, same for pvp tbh

7 sec revealed debuff is hella long

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Profession Balance

Posted by: gawker.8340

gawker.8340

As already said; …Anet could made
>>> Diverstiy dodging directions<<< as a standalone trait in grandmaster…
so you dont have to trait this, if you dont want to.
Power of Inertia can be as it is,; feel better now?

@gawker: This thread is not about Counter Play other classes against stealth

Ah ok. I was getting the feeling this was a stealth balance thread.