[Thief] Teleportation to non even terrain

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Infiltrator strike and Infiltrator’s arrow are overly abused by thieves due to a bug which sometimes allows them to shadowstep to places which are uneven. For example, hills, cliffs, and steps. In PvP they can shadowstep to steps which otherwise require a normal player to go around it to get to the top.

Please fix this since it is getting abused a lot in PvP.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

Infiltrator strike and Infiltrator’s arrow are overly abused by thieves due to a bug which sometimes allows them to shadowstep to places which are uneven. For example, hills, cliffs, and steps. In PvP they can shadowstep to steps which otherwise require a normal player to go around it to get to the top.

u sure complain about tons of stuff, first u want necromancer life force nerf, then u want massive warrior buffs to compensate the adrenaline nerf, now dis

and this is no bug, its the distance, the distance is in 1 spot perfect so they can go up there, works for ele, mes , and necro w flesh wurm as well btw. so pls, just stop

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

So can Blink, Lightning Flash, and Necrotic Traversal. Of course, they all have significantly higher cooldowns/cost, making them not as easy to use as IA.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Intended behavior doesn’t equal bug

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

So can Blink, Lightning Flash, and Necrotic Traversal. Of course, they all have significantly higher cooldowns/cost, making them not as easy to use as IA.

Not entirely, there are things i can Infiltrator Arrow to just fine but not Blink. The mechanics are not identical it seems.

in Profession Balance

Esplen.3940

Not entirely, there are things i can Infiltrator Arrow to just fine but not Blink. The mechanics are not identical it seems.

If that’s happening, it’s simply because the projectile for IA is landing on a spot that would be otherwise unclickable (or slightly different than where your mouse was) via Blink/Lightning Flash. Necrotic Traversal will most likely end up at the same spot or near it.

Actually, NT is probably the most fair of all the blink skills. Unless it’s in a blatantly unusable spot (say: above you or on non-blinkable ground away from you), you’ll teleport the 1200 in that direction.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Funny story, thieves can’t use infiltrator’s arrow to rapidly climb staircases in keeps in WvW. It’ll drain initiative and move them to their current location. I do believe the only classes without a teleport are the warrior and engineer, anyways.

in Profession Balance

Esplen.3940

Funny story, thieves can’t use infiltrator’s arrow to rapidly climb staircases in keeps in WvW. It’ll drain initiative and move them to their current location. I do believe the only classes without a teleport are the warrior and engineer, anyways.

Since when can a Ranger teleport?

Also, Engineer and Warrior have some of the highest mobility in the game. Ironic, huh?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

1- it isn’t exclusive to thief

2- shadowstepping is very finnicky about what vertical movement is allowed. very, very select places, usually weirdly meshed edges and thin platforms allow you to blink through it.

3- seriously, shadowstepping is really finnicky. it’s not uncommon for a thief to completely waste initiative trying to blink to a certain spot, and not move an inch, when it looks completely doable (example: the outer ring of the crown pavillion is impossible to use infiltrator arrow on).

4- shadowstepping can’t cover gaps, something that leaps can. heck, engineer rifle 5 lets you aim, and there’s an environmental weapon that mimics that skill that people use to break out of map because it lets you jump around so easily. so there’s a tradeoff.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

2- shadowstepping is very finnicky about what vertical movement is allowed. very, very select places, usually weirdly meshed edges and thin platforms allow you to blink through it.

3- seriously, shadowstepping is really finnicky. it’s not uncommon for a thief to completely waste initiative trying to blink to a certain spot, and not move an inch, when it looks completely doable (example: the outer ring of the crown pavillion is impossible to use infiltrator arrow on).

4- shadowstepping can’t cover gaps, something that leaps can. heck, engineer rifle 5 lets you aim, and there’s an environmental weapon that mimics that skill that people use to break out of map because it lets you jump around so easily. so there’s a tradeoff.

map breaking rly is fun tho! the view is awesome!

Attachments:

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

map breaking rly is fun tho! the view is awesome!

didn’t say otherwise. i was merely illustrating that there are things that shadowsteps can’t do but leaps (especially targeted leaps) can.

in Profession Balance

Esplen.3940

Technically that’s void jumping which doesn’t require shadowstepping. In fact, Leaps are better for that.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

This guy again?

Whats next? Can we get a forecast?!

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

Technically that’s void jumping which doesn’t require shadowstepping. In fact, Leaps are better for that.

i know what it is, for christ’s sake. i’m just illustrating, as i pointed out in that very post, that there are advantages and disadvantages to shadowstepping and leaping.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I don’t think the OP knows how the thief teleportation works. If the thief can walk there, without having to jump at any point during the movement and is within range, the SB arrow will move them there. Do you even realize the restrictions that places? There is no magic jumping from place to place, there is no skipping happily along jumping puzzles…in fact, most of the time it bugs out and it will move you to the very edge of the range but not actually where you wanted to go.

Learn about skills before you come on here and complain about them. It’s the un-informed who end up causing a mass panic about skills, which end up needlessly nerfed. Stop it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Hitman, do yourself a favor and stop posting.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Profession Balance

Hitman.5829

The bug is being abused by most thieves!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Necro your own insanity, nice.

You need to stop crying wolf, anet doesn’t need anymore distractions from their 6 month balance patches.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

so can Judge’s Intervention

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

I don’t think the OP knows how the thief teleportation works. If the thief can walk there, without having to jump at any point during the movement and is within range, the SB arrow will move them there.

Oh if only.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

While OP made a bunch of silly threads demanding nerfs I have to agree with him om this one.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Balance is not based around 1v1 sitting on a point which unfortunately is the game type. Terrain is part of combat, thieves and mesmers are to squishy to just sit and face roll like warriors, necros, and guards. Also aside from certain builds which can be beaten by ignoring it they do not produce the same type of heal or regen as eles, engies, and rangers.

First of all it’s not an exploit, a lot of terrain is designed to allow certain “plays”. Even the newest TDM map “Courtyard” during the preview they stated they designed it for classes with targeted blink/flash type mobility skills to use it, and one should presume the other maps were designed with the same intention.

If you don’t like it, then maybe you should not run such low risk crap that allows you to out sustain most glass cannons and they wouldn’t take advantage of higher ground or use the terrain against you.

However I think Infiltrator’s Strike should need proper LoS to engage.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Profession Balance

Hitman.5829

Balance is not based around 1v1 sitting on a point which unfortunately is the game type. Terrain is part of combat, thieves and mesmers are to squishy to just sit and face roll like warriors, necros, and guards. Also aside from certain builds which can be beaten by ignoring it they do not produce the same type of heal or regen as eles, engies, and rangers.

First of all it’s not an exploit, a lot of terrain is designed to allow certain “plays”. Even the newest TDM map “Courtyard” during the preview they stated they designed it for classes with targeted blink/flash type mobility skills to use it, and one should presume the other maps were designed with the same intention.

If you don’t like it, then maybe you should not run such low risk crap that allows you to out sustain most glass cannons and they wouldn’t take advantage of higher ground or use the terrain against you.

However I think Infiltrator’s Strike should need proper LoS to engage.

So, a thief going up and down a step abusing the shadowstep skill to avoid damage and inflict damage is not abusing the system? Everyone else goes around the step but the thief can just abuse this bug and evade attacks? Tell me again how is this not a bug abuse?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Correct it is not a bug, unless it’s a location where they are not supposed to be able to blink to. (like on top of keep for example) it is a defensive tactic. Now I admit the low risk associated with a damage class is a bit irksome and is essentially a balance issue, but low risk has been a problem with this game for a long time. In the case of infiltrators strike however S/D in up upcoming patch is being forced to properly set up in combat as opposed to preloaded damage. but the defensive mechanics remain in tact and that is true by design. If you get kited, out play the kite.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”